Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,830 members, 7,872,789 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:04 PM

Okezie Ikpeazu Wins At Supreme Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okezie Ikpeazu Wins At Supreme Court (670 Views)

Governor Ikpeazu Wins At The Supreme Court / Abba Yusuf Wins At Supreme Court As Ibrahim Little Loses Appeal / Ikpeazu Wins Uche Ogah At The Supreme Court (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okezie Ikpeazu Wins At Supreme Court by Gistpeeps: 11:35am On May 12, 2017
The Supreme Court, Friday morning, affirmed Okezie Ikpeazu as the Governor of Abia State.

The case was filed by Uche Ogah who had accused Ikpeazu of allegedly submitting false tax information to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

Ikpeazu defeated Ogah in the Peoples’ Democratic Party, PDP, primaries ahead of the 2015 gubernatorial election in the state.

Justice Okon Abang of a Federal High Court in Abuja had on June 27, 2016 sacked Ikpeazu from office as governor of Abia State, after the court found him guilty of tax offences.

Abang ordered Ikpeazu to vacate office for Ogah, who challenged Ikpeazu’s eligibility to contest the 2015 governorship election as the flag bearer of the PDP.

Following the judgment and order for the immediate inauguration of Ogah as Abia governor, the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, issued him with the Certificate of Return.

But in another judgement in August, 2016, the Court of Appeal affirmed the election of Ikpeazu and quashed the judgment of Justice Abang.

The Court of Appeal described the ruling by Justice Abang as a rape of democracy, and ordered Ikpeazu to retain his office.

Subsequently, Ogah approached the Supreme Court where he prayed that the High Court judgement should be upheld.
‎In a judgement by the apex court, it faulted the judgement of the High Court, even as it awarded the sum of N250,000 against Ogah.

Meanwhile, in a reaction, Governor Ikpeazu, has dedicated his victory to the people of Abia state, who he said stood by him all through the period of litigations.

In a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Enyinnaya Appolos, Governor Ikpeazu stated that the victory is a re-affirmation of the mandate given to him by the people, and now twice confirmed by the Supreme Court.

He stressed that only God will take glory for the victory, and commended the judiciary for standing firm on the side of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Governor Ikpeazu wishes to call on all Abians to join hands with him to ensure accelerated growth and development of the state.

According to him; “the time for politics is long over, and I have forgiven all those that were bent on distracting me. Let all well meaning Abians, including my opponents, come and join us to grow and develop our state without distractions as we ultimately have stakes in the growth and development of our state and people

“Today, there is the work of Abia to do and history will judge us by how much of that work we do, not by how much politics we play. My doors are open to all, my ears are open to hear and my eyes are strong enough to read suggestions on how we can best deliver greater dividends to those who really matter: the great people of Abia State.”

http://www.gistpeeps.com/2017/05/okezie-ikpeazu-wins-at-supreme-court.html
Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Wins At Supreme Court by hardywaltz(m): 11:35am On May 12, 2017
He will now show his true colors
Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Wins At Supreme Court by obamabinladen(m): 11:36am On May 12, 2017
lalasticlala mynd44 Seun do the needful
Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Wins At Supreme Court by Nobody: 11:43am On May 12, 2017
What do you expect. lipsrsealed undecided
If there was any justice in this country, Alex Otti should have been the governor of Abia state.

Arochukwu people are not happy because
Okezie Ikpeazu has further neglected that great kingdom.

We will only expect worse now his legs are standing firm in power.

Abia state.. God's Cursed State
SMH.
Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Wins At Supreme Court by Mynd44: 11:56am On May 12, 2017
Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Wins At Supreme Court by ndy05: 12:01pm On May 12, 2017
okezie has a dynamic leadership qualities.I strongly believe he will deliver the dividend's of democracy to Abian's.
Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Wins At Supreme Court by felicitywe(m): 12:15pm On May 12, 2017
NwamaziNwaAro:
What do you expect. lipsrsealed undecided
If there was any justice in this country, Alex Otti should have been the governor of Abia state.

Arochukwu people are not happy because
Okezie Ikpeazu has further neglected that great kingdom.

We will only expect worse now his legs are standing firm in power.

Abia state.. God's Cursed State
SMH.

my brother imagine what you posted.you mean the coning of ikpeazu an ngwa man has led to the fall of the Aros? pls wake up from that attitude.pray ikpeazu will restore the neglected yes of leadership by the two orjis.mind you the British forces invasion of Aro areas collapsed the Aros but we r praying for a resuscitation because it was a collective formidable network of socio economic and political hegemony in Igbo land.
Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Wins At Supreme Court by felicitywe(m): 12:19pm On May 12, 2017
ndy05:
okezie has a dynamic leadership qualities.I strongly believe he will deliver the dividend's of democracy to Abian's.
The guy is well read and reads a lot.I know him and worked with him before when he was young.he dislikes cheat,evil and corruption.He should concentrate on delivering his mandates to avians and others.Abia needs ppl that will set primary industries and the industries should be cited in the rural areas of abia state.
Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Wins At Supreme Court by Nobody: 12:19pm On May 12, 2017
felicitywe:

my brother imagine what you posted.you mean the coning of ikpeazu an ngwa man has led to the fall of the Aros? pls wake up from that attitude.pray ikpeazu will restore the neglected yes of leadership by the two orjis.mind you the British forces invasion of Aro areas collapsed the Aros but we r praying for a resuscitation because it was a collective formidable network of socio economic and political hegemony in Igbo land.

So the British invasion damaged the roads too and made the community non-accessible?

How come the Biafran war did not affect Ngwa land...see the roads he has built there..

Nepotism is the answer my friend.

Ikpeazu should be a governor for all.
Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Wins At Supreme Court by felicitywe(m): 12:27pm On May 12, 2017
NwamaziNwaAro:

So the British invasion damaged the roads too and made the community non-accessible?

How come the Biafran war did not affect Ngwa land...see the roads he has built there..

my brother I don't think ikpeazu was the one that damaged the roads in Aro.if the roads there r damaged and not repaired we should blame his predecessors. be that as it may, road in ngwa land r also damaged but concentrating on repairing Aba and fixing it into modern city status is a collective effort.Ojukwu once cried over the way they neglected Aba and if Ikpeazu who comes from that area does not fix the city then we r doomed.mind you Aba is for Abia state and not for the ngwas.the huge revenue from there goes to the state.
Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Wins At Supreme Court by nwadiuko1(m): 12:34pm On May 12, 2017
NwamaziNwaAro:

ohh i thought you guys said the guy wasnt biulding any road in Aba?

(1) (Reply)

Pen Cinema Agege To Get Flyover Soon - Video / 3 Nigerians Scammers Sentenced To 235 Years In America / Nigerian Newspapers: 10 Things You Need To Know This Tuesday Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.