Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,413 members, 7,881,510 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:49 PM

I am in Tears As I Type This. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I am in Tears As I Type This. (7084 Views)

Man In Tears As His Girlfriend Rejects His Proposal In Public / Bride In Tears As Husband Cancels Wedding A Day To The Wedding / Lady In Tears As She Says No To Her Boyfriend In Public Despite The Cameras(Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by Nobody: 3:59am On May 13, 2017
luminouz:

Ewwwwww...easy with the teeth! Am just saying ur comments are funny....
Luminouz out!!

Oh ok, cool . Some of them are meant to be.

Me out!
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by femi4: 7:08am On May 13, 2017
lastmessenger:
Dont try marrying him without your parents approval. Two wrongs can never make a right. My advice to you is to pray and ask God to touch your mum so that she can change her mind.
Exactly! Your parent blessing is key to your happiness
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by BrutusOj(m): 7:36am On May 13, 2017
TrapQueen77:

Your mother is juz a practical person who doesnt wanna see her daughter being be belittled by others coz u marry a disable...

Now, u asked urself if u really wanna commit the rest of ur life with him even he is physically impaired? And no matter what gonna happen, u will never gonna leave him.. if u think he is the one for u, go for it. Follow what ur heart desired. wink
Common! his D*ck is not affected by the limping na..shuoo
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by whitepump: 8:01am On May 13, 2017
camaraderi:
Ignore all those ignoramus telling you to pray. Do whatever makes you happy. Do the wedding, invite your mom and if she decides not to come, then she will be the one to live with regrets all her life. And the moment, you do her bidding by backing out of the r/ship, you've simply given her your remote control. She go press you how she likes. Be happy and always think about you first. My mother chose to travel abroad 9 days to my wedding, i felt bad but i have no regrets. My life my burden.

Thank you.
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by okoliexpress: 12:50pm On May 13, 2017
luminouz:

U again? What's wrong with a guy with a slight limp who loves her? Is he inhuman? D Mum is just being unnecessarily edgy putting her daughter's happiness at risk n she is 30years old! Is it till she starts going to Shiloh @42 to beg God till d mama understands?
BTW....nobody marries with their heads..only their hearts.
bros you are obviously a child and you are certainly not married, d day you afford the money to, pls come back and talk to me.
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by luminouz(m): 12:54pm On May 13, 2017
okoliexpress:
bros you are obviously a child and you are certainly not married, d day you afford the money to, pls come back and talk to me.
To u Ma marriage is an achievement but not to ME!
Where did u get this child ish stuff from? My dp? Lmaoooooooooo!!!!!! Ur opinion dou!
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by whitepump: 12:57pm On May 13, 2017
okoliexpress:

This comment is not good.
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 13, 2017
Uncivilised people angry
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by okoliexpress: 1:12pm On May 13, 2017
luminouz:

To u Ma marriage is an achievement but not to ME!
Where did u get this child ish stuff from? My dp? Lmaoooooooooo!!!!!! Ur opinion dou!
no childishness oozes from what you type and how you think regardless of how old you are, everything about you reeks of childishness and it bothers me that at your current age you have refused to grow up but I can bet you that reality will soon hit you and it certainly won't be long...
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by okoliexpress: 1:14pm On May 13, 2017
whitepump:

This comment is not good.
I am sorry to post it but that guy keeps getting on my nerves.
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by luminouz(m): 1:16pm On May 13, 2017
okoliexpress:
no childishness oozes from what you type and how you think regardless of how old you are, everything about you reeks of childishness and it bothers me that at your current age you have refused to grow up but I can bet you that reality will soon hit you and it certainly won't be long...
Here we go again!!!! Mama okoli on a prophecy spree! Y are u bothering to reply d posts if am childish..for all ur pose on maturity..u know nothing Lady Snow!!!
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by luminouz(m): 1:21pm On May 13, 2017
okoliexpress:
I am sorry to post it but that guy keeps getting on my nerves.
Now there it is! U finally admit what I want u to say......DAT ur not so cool,aloof n perfectly unruffled as u put out n not matured too....u could have ignored me but no u had to talk to prove ur superiority n I baited u with DAT weakness n u fell APART!

Now BYE

Luminouz OUT!!!!
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by tifany89(m): 2:16pm On May 13, 2017
lastmessenger:
Well I have said my own. She can go ahead and marry without her parents consent and leta see how it will turn out.
It will turn out good by God's grace. What's ur problem? Have u taken your time to put yourself in the guys shoes? If my parents don't give me a very good and reasonable reason why I shouldn't marry someone then am sorry that is their cup of tea. @ op please follow your heart. There are people who have been in shoes and tried to plz parents but now they are regretting and can't even see their parents eye to eye. Add your mom if she will be ready for the consequences if you give up this guy and den end up in a marriage dat u aren't happy with. Your mom has lived her life she should allow you live urs. @ 30 u are an adult by every standard and should be responsible for ur actions. HML in advance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by Nobody: 2:20pm On May 13, 2017
Queenbeee:
Mzlarem is this you? Long time no see
Yes it is and I should be asking you where you have been. smiley
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by Nobody: 8:44am On May 14, 2017
MzLarem:
Yes it is and I should be asking you where you have been. smiley
I've been around. Happy sunday
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by MAKABBEY(m): 9:04am On May 14, 2017
whitepump:
Please MOD help me forward to front page.
Hello people. I put up something sometime ago about a guy I met who limps while he walks because of an accident he had when he was a child. And how my mum said i counldnt marry the guy because of that. well things started going well and i thought my mum approved of it but when marriage plans got close, she went and discussed with one or two friends who told her that if it were their daughter, they will never allow her marry a man that limps. Just because of that, she changed, cancelled my introduction date that she can't stand me marrying a man that limps. About 60 percent of my colleague and friends knew that our marriage was close. This man loves me so much and i love him too. He has been so good to me, I don't care that he limps, I love him just the way he is because he has proven to me that he is different from other men and i will be happy if I marry him. He is very hard-working and God fearing. Treats me with so much respect. With all the divorce here and there, one should be more concern about someone's character that the physical appearance. I want to go ahead and do a court wedding with him because a limps is not an enough reason for me to leave a good man. I put myself in his shoes, if I was to be limping, I will never want to be treated that way. I am 30 and he is 37
Please matured people here help me, what should I do Because my mum is adamant and my dad has no say since it was my mum that brought me up.

go and break a leg babe
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by Nobody: 10:50am On May 14, 2017
Queenbeee:
. I've been around. Happy sunday
Same to you.
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by Mznaett: 9:14pm On May 15, 2017
Edipee:
This is serious. I have a suggestion, it may sound funny but it might work. Go to Facebook, threaten to commit suicide if your mom doesn't allow you marry your man. Make some suicidal post including pictures of rope or knife.
Drop your mom's phone number there for people to call and caution her. By the time 20 people calls, she'll be begging you to forgive her and marry your man.

grin
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by whitepump: 10:40pm On May 15, 2017
MAKABBEY:

go and break a leg babe

Seriously
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by loshybab(m): 12:01am On May 16, 2017
whitepump:
Please MOD help me forward to front page.
Hello people. I put up something sometime ago about a guy I met who limps while he walks because of an accident he had when he was a child. And how my mum said i counldnt marry the guy because of that. well things started going well and i thought my mum approved of it but when marriage plans got close, she went and discussed with one or two friends who told her that if it were their daughter, they will never allow her marry a man that limps. Just because of that, she changed, cancelled my introduction date that she can't stand me marrying a man that limps. About 60 percent of my colleague and friends knew that our marriage was close. This man loves me so much and i love him too. He has been so good to me, I don't care that he limps, I love him just the way he is because he has proven to me that he is different from other men and i will be happy if I marry him. He is very hard-working and God fearing. Treats me with so much respect. With all the divorce here and there, one should be more concern about someone's character that the physical appearance. I want to go ahead and do a court wedding with him because a limps is not an enough reason for me to leave a good man. I put myself in his shoes, if I was to be limping, I will never want to be treated that way. I am 30 and he is 37
Please matured people here help me, what should I do Because my mum is adamant and my dad has no say since it was my mum that brought me up.

in a simple sentence......your mum doesn't like you

if not,why would she base her judgement merely on what her feel about her own dAughter marriage especially one at 30yrs of age
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by solelymade: 12:31am On May 16, 2017
Som1 said don't marry without Ur parent consent, Yes very valid. I am also telling you so and I do so with good reasons and with experiences of such marriages without parental blessing all ended disastrous no matter how stupid the reasons for withholding their blessing mayb. Never try it. I not sayin don't follow Ur heart either.
Get respected pple within Ur family, religious leaders, socialite to talk to your mum to give her blessing. Very important
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by IdeyFindWife: 11:47am On May 16, 2017
SniffyDsniffeR:
I disagree with olkolieexpress
Sister as long as he loves you, treats you well, respects you, is God fearing and you love him marry him my dear
You are 30...the clock is ticking..its time you settled down and start a family..and why not with someone with these wonderful characteristics..
You have your life to live..its not your mother's own..please and please..you need to take a stand..they can't tie you down you're independent and you love someone and want to marry.
What is the big deal if he limps

As long as everything below the belt is functioning properly if you know what I mean...I repeat you need to take a stand. Don't allow anyone dictate your life because it is YOUR life

Orphans are getting married all over, people are travelling out of the country and contracting marriages, for the sake of PR/Green Card, which parents knowing fully well their wards intentions, go-ahead and bless the enterprise, hoping they don't lose-out on the game yet we keep calling those sham-arrangements marriages.
Gold-digging slayQueens are "baby mama-ing" their way into prestigious families for the sake of secured futures even at the expense of good godliness and self-dignity yet cash-strapped parents, seeking better options for their seed, go-ahead against all morality to approve based on financial prerogatives. And when they belle shoot-out well-well, we attend their baby-showers and pose and dab but most of us are not into the "stories behind their glories"; are we!
But, despite these same touted dubious "parental blessings", if (and when) the marriage start hitting the rocks big-time and the guy goes all BashAlli on the dam, nobody remembers they were prayed for by their parents, do they? So, I ask: Didn't the parental prayers work?
See, mydear, you better open your eyes, ears, heart and pray well to the Almighty God to aid your cause in this your hour of need. The decision of a life-partner is not an easy one and that f00lish theory of "mother-knows-best" is oftentimes wrong because life has become way-too-dynamic, now, for you to rely only on your mother's instincts for your future happiness.

The very idea of your mom being your psycho-spiritual compass stinks to the high heavens, after all, you're sounding morally-grounded, even, religious too; So, you should know better. What if your mom had dropped dead, let's say last year June, would we be here discussing this brain-dead issue?

solelymade:
Som1 said don't marry without Ur parent consent, Yes very valid. I am also telling you so and I do so with good reasons and with experiences of such marriages without parental blessing all ended disastrous no matter how stupid the reasons for withholding their blessing mayb. Never try it. I not sayin don't follow Ur heart either.
Get respected pple within Ur family, religious leaders, socialite to talk to your mum to give her blessing. Very important

Not in all situations sir. Families differ. Motives can be really dark. Only God knows the intent of each heart. She needs to check it. Whether the guy is crippled will not deter him from achieving greatness in life. Disability is not Inability. The major thing she has to determine is if there is any sane, critical and solid basis to her mom's refusal or something else has started acting through the oldwoman to debar her future happiness!

This is Nigeria, where spiritual wickedness, witchcraft and oppression is real and some parents are the keys to their children's meaningless lives today.
Yes, I was once part of a group that contributed funds to help a friend take his stand against his dad, who mysteriously remained the sole breadwinner of a home of about 8 kids from 2 wives. None of them could seem to make ends meet unless they came back home to source for sustenance including foodstuffs. Our friend, on better counsel from his pastors, avoided the pitfall his elder siblings fell into by denying his dad the right to burying his own newly-born first-child's (a babygirl) placenta to bury. Come and see war. We hid him and his wife in their church Pastorium. There ws nuffin the oldman didnt try. But, with prayers and tact, he rode out that storm. The oldman died not too long after. My guy is balling now. He is no Dangote but he's doing extremely well for a state civil servant.
The atheists may say "it's all in the mind" yet, I once saw a nuisance LASMA officer hit with an enchanted ring by a KEKE NAPEP driver @Ikeja Secretariat side and he stopped fighting, climbed to the express and took off, like Usain Bolt, running in Berger (LG/Abk Expr Rd) direction. Wetin make am cut and flee? Was it the blow? Noooo, my bros. We all know better. Na "African Wireless Technology"!
So, what are we saying? Some of these things are spiritual. Let her seek the aid of her Spiritual Mentors, Pastors etc. We can't be losing our focus and center as Africans when even oyinbo people are fawning over Yoga, Spirituality etc now.
I've bested one such Court Registry Wedding @the LG once. The couple went ahead when all options had been exhausted. The girl's mother constituted stumbling block, the father was whispering all over the place like a dickless man. The Church stepped in. We did it. They're the happiest couple today and most prosperous in the family too. Even the same witchy mom has come round. Sometimes, this things come down to spiritual warfare. When you hear the kinda of fetish stuff some of people get up to, you'll stop blaming the MFM people with their "Fall-Down-&-Die-By-Fire-By-Thunder" prayers.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by brandydaniells(m): 11:51am On May 16, 2017
TrapQueen77:

Your mother is juz a practical person who doesnt wanna see her daughter being be belittled by others coz u marry a disable...

Now, u asked urself if u really wanna commit the rest of ur life with him even he is physically impaired? And no matter what gonna happen, u will never gonna leave him.. if u think he is the one for u, go for it. Follow what ur heart desired. wink
ur d best in what u do ??kisses?? love u trappy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by tobaseye: 12:25pm On May 16, 2017
SINZ:
Is that why you're in tears? grin

Oya clean your eyes and go meet the guy make him score goal give you. I guarantee your mother will personally take up costs for canopy and drinks on your wedding day which will come up in less than 3 months from today! grin

Thank me later.

Bad advice. If she feels getting her parents consent is important she should find a way to persuade them to accept her guy. Some parents will still say no even with a clean goal. I had a friend that did that and her father still rejected the guy despite the baby. She was at a disadvantage then because other guys that wanted her before did not want her as a single mother.

My advice is that she should be sure she really likes the guy and not pitying his condition. If she loves the guy sincerely then she should look for a way to persuade her parents to accept. She can meet people she believes her parents respect to do the persuasion for her.
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by bigcp(m): 9:22am On May 17, 2017
well..all i can say is that...ur mum ain't tryin at all...u r 30 already...who knows when d nxt guy will show up if u decide to tk ur mom's advice....Since she doesn't wnt u 2 get married to him she should provide a good loving husband 4 u....simple as that...u r 30 n time isn't on ur side...mk she calm down oooo. ...dem no de pick hiod hubby 4 ground
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 17, 2017
OP start by telling your friends that the marriage will come up sometime soon but you guys have some things to fix..
Tell your man that he should give you some time to sort things out...
As for your mom act normal around her, whenever she brings marriage and relationship issues to you just tell her marriage is not for everyone and you dont even think its for you...
Any family member that brings marriage talk just tell them you are not getting married anytime soon or maybe never...

In a month or two your family will come around

1 Like

Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by MAKABBEY(m): 10:34pm On May 28, 2017
whitepump:

Seriously
y not

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reason Why Men Should Not Marry Women Who Are Over 30 / My Fiancé Will Die Soon,don’t Know What To Do / Must Read: 3 Reasons Why Women Don’t Really Care About How Attractive A Guy Is

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.