Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,712 members, 7,889,260 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 07:02 AM

Jonathan, Tinubu & Ibrahim Babangida Sitting On Same Table At Halimat's Wedding - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, Tinubu & Ibrahim Babangida Sitting On Same Table At Halimat's Wedding (70877 Views)

Remi Tinubu Watch Husband Closely As Busty Lady Sat At Same Table With Them-phot / Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) / Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan, Tinubu & Ibrahim Babangida Sitting On Same Table At Halimat's Wedding by Geeman777(m): 9:08am On May 13, 2017
sarrki:
Jagaban, GEJ and IBB today in Minna attending IBB's LOW KEY(not NO KEY) daughter's wedding.
Naija youths see your life. You guys kill and maim yourself because of APC, PDP etc. But look at the leaders, is there any party affiliation? No. A collection friends united by common interest, loot. And look again, complete WAZOBIA.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Tinubu & Ibrahim Babangida Sitting On Same Table At Halimat's Wedding by Bobby808: 2:20pm On May 13, 2017
Chanchit:

You know say if you get that close to Tinubu your life would never remain the same? But how would your life change when you no get common sense.
No, you nor understand. Na the same ozoing mount una get. You people are concerned with the production of very offensive odour.
Re: Jonathan, Tinubu & Ibrahim Babangida Sitting On Same Table At Halimat's Wedding by naptu2: 3:37pm On May 13, 2017
johnie:

I remember when Halima was born just like yesterday.

She was the first child born to a head of state at Dodan Barracks (from the period when I was old enough to be concious of events around me).

There was such fanfare about Maryam's pregancy and the birth.

She was named Halima Sadiya, I believe after Maryam's mother.

Maryam was really in the spotlight in those days.

Wish she was here now.

I also remember my sisters talking about Maryam's baby bump during the state visit to the UK.
Re: Jonathan, Tinubu & Ibrahim Babangida Sitting On Same Table At Halimat's Wedding by Chanchit: 4:10pm On May 13, 2017
Bobby808:
No, you nor understand. Na the same ozoing mount una get. You people are concerned with the production of very offensive odour.

I intentionally had to wait a while to see if the mods would ban you for the trash you constructed up there. Though I've been banned 4× this year already because of all you guys suffering from defeatist syndrome but you won't just stop coming my way and if I deal with you, you guys always run to report.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Tinubu & Ibrahim Babangida Sitting On Same Table At Halimat's Wedding by johnie: 6:51pm On May 13, 2017
naptu2:

I also remember my sisters talking about Maryam's baby bump during the state visit to the UK.

This?

Re: Jonathan, Tinubu & Ibrahim Babangida Sitting On Same Table At Halimat's Wedding by naptu2: 6:53pm On May 13, 2017
johnie:

This?

Yes
Re: Jonathan, Tinubu & Ibrahim Babangida Sitting On Same Table At Halimat's Wedding by naptu2: 12:18pm On May 14, 2017
johnie:

I remember when Halima was born just like yesterday.

She was the first child born to a head of state at Dodan Barracks (from the period when I was old enough to be concious of events around me).

There was such fanfare about Maryam's pregancy and the birth.

She was named Halima Sadiya, I believe after Maryam's mother.

Maryam was really in the spotlight in those days.

Wish she was here now.

grin I just remembered one of the jokes that was exchanged between President Babangida and journalists on that day (apart from the cartoon).

Remember that, from around 1986, Babangida's government had a campaign about family planning. Somebody had come up with statistics that showed that Nigeria would be one of the most populous countries in the world by the year 2000 and that many children were being born into poverty because their parents had too many children and did not have enough money to take care of them. They also showed that many women had died because they had given birth too many times within a short period of time.

So the government ran a campaign that encouraged Nigerians not to have more than four children and to have at least a two year gap between children.

Episodes of Village Headmaster and New Masquerade were dedicated to the campaign and the Federal Ministries of Health and Information sponsored many family planning adverts on tv and radio (Sunny Ade and Onyeka Onwenu would later release two songs about family planning).

So, on that day, a journalist asked President Babangida if he would stop having children, since his government was encouraging Nigerians to have not more than four children and he now had four children (Mohammed, Aisha, Aminu and now Halima).

Unfortunately I can't remember President Babangida's answer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan, Tinubu & Ibrahim Babangida Sitting On Same Table At Halimat's Wedding by Bobby808: 3:29pm On May 15, 2017
Chanchit:

I intentionally had to wait a while to see if the mods would ban you for the trash you constructed up there. Though I've been banned 4× this year already because of all you guys suffering from defeatist syndrome but you won't just stop coming my way and if I deal with you, you guys always run to report.
The thing be say how the moderator take dey know one don over insult and ban person sef. Do dey read all the posts?
Re: Jonathan, Tinubu & Ibrahim Babangida Sitting On Same Table At Halimat's Wedding by naptu2: 7:58pm On May 15, 2017
johnie:

This?

Legendary Nigerian photographer and musician, Sunmi Smart Cole's picture of Ibrahim and Halima Babangida.

SSC prefers to take black and white pictures. He is not a fan of colour pictures.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan, Tinubu & Ibrahim Babangida Sitting On Same Table At Halimat's Wedding by johnie: 8:45pm On May 15, 2017
naptu2:

Legendary Nigerian photographer and musician, Sunmi Smart Cole's picture of Ibrahim and Halima Babangida.

SSC prefers to take black and white pictures. He is not a fan of colour pictures.

I remember this photo!

You remind me of SSC's pictures in the Sunday editions of The Guardian.

I think it was called Sunmi on Sunday or something like that.

Quite right about the B&W photos.
Re: Jonathan, Tinubu & Ibrahim Babangida Sitting On Same Table At Halimat's Wedding by naptu2: 4:08am On May 16, 2017
johnie:

I remember this photo!

You remind me of SSC's pictures in the Sunday editions of The Guardian.

I think it was called Sunmi on Sunday or something like that.

Quite right about the B&W photos.

Yes, Sunmi on Sunday. He later moved to ThisDay in the early 2000s.

Do you know that he was once Fela's manager? It was from him that I learnt that it was the sticks that kept time in Fela's songs, not the drums (this becomes obvious when you listen to the drum solo on Open And Close).

I'm sure you'll like this video. Sunmi Smart Cole was featured on day 26 of the Lagos At 50 series and this is his Lagos story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWQiO_i1JIY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan, Tinubu & Ibrahim Babangida Sitting On Same Table At Halimat's Wedding by johnie: 7:12am On May 16, 2017
naptu2:

Yes, Sunmi on Sunday. He later moved to ThisDay in the early 2000s.

Do you know that he was once Fela's manager? It was from him that I learnt that it was the sticks that kept time in Fela's songs, not the drums (this becomes obvious when you listen to the drum solo on Open And Close).

I'm sure you'll like this video. Sunmi Smart Cole was featured on day 26 of the Lagos At 50 series and this is his Lagos story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWQiO_i1JIY

Waoh!

I didn't know these.

Fela rolled with quite a number of extraordinary people.

Great minds think alike!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan, Tinubu & Ibrahim Babangida Sitting On Same Table At Halimat's Wedding by 989900: 7:26am On May 16, 2017
IBB and Tinubu are more or less enemies too.

IBB truncated the democratic dispensation then and threw everyone into confusion.

I doubt Tinubu will have been frolicking with IBB now if PMB was in good shape . . . as it is, with PMB's health situation, all camps are trying to form extensive alliances should the worst happen.

IBB owned this country at some point, though his influence is weak now, you can't just underestimate him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Leads As INEC Commences Announcement Of Results In Kano - Daily Trust / Odumegwu Ojukwu & Bianca's Traditional Wedding (Throwback Photos) / Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.