Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,976 members, 7,873,138 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:34 AM

My Take On Gender Equality Issue. Why Men Should Also Be Recognized As Victims. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / My Take On Gender Equality Issue. Why Men Should Also Be Recognized As Victims. (499 Views)

Tonto Dikeh Recognized As A King At An Event / Ali Baba: Ladies Who Slap Men Should Beware / Dana Air Recognized As Being Most Socially Responsible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Take On Gender Equality Issue. Why Men Should Also Be Recognized As Victims. by donnyflex01(m): 12:46am On May 13, 2017
Please this article is not to encourage or solicite for any kind of abuse against women, i feel women are to be fully respected and treated with absolute dignity, and we men should recognise tgeir worth both in the society and household. I also do not write this article to victimize men or make them appear as the cheated sex or anything. This article is simply to open our eyes to the fact that this whole gender inequality thing should be seen on a two sided spectrum rather than on a single bias perspective.
Yes its true, no doubt that women have seen hell in this world and has also been beaten down both emotionally and physically,, it would seem now the cry for help is louder after the mercy aigbe incedent,, but have we stopped for a second deep inside you to find if you might have added to the cause of these irrational behaviours among men. Dnt judge me let me explain
First,, fighting for women right as become synonymous with 'man-hating' we fail to realise gender equality should benefit men as well. For instance ,it has become a norm in the society that men should always come out as tough and not show vulnerabilities. We fail to realize that these can have negative effects on men. According to statistics by the center for disease control, records have shown that theres a higher level of suicide among men than women just because of the way society expects them to behave. Women have stereotyped men into some certain roles in life or wherever and when they r unable to reach such tasks they conciously or unconsciously bruise their ego massively. And whats worse is men dont have abywhere to run to .cos thats just the way the public see it. let me give you an example, a typical woman who goes on a date with a cheap guy would complain that hes not up to the task right? So you see why its not far fetched that men work extra hard than women to earn more money.t his also leads to men taking their ladies to extravagant places and fancy restaurants just to beat their competition..this has iver the decades eaten deep into public thinking ..and not many ppl hav sat down to think about it not to talk of fight for it..
Imagine if you lived with your girlfriend and she invites her girlfriend over to see the paintwork she just did on the wall...first thing thatll come to her friend mind is that hes a shameless man he let the girl do the work. Not caring that she actually migjt hav chosen to do it. The male is judged quickly and shammed by both his fellow male and females.
This male shaming by both male and female found a way to turn around to negatively affect the female gender that even leads to the possibility of men crossing the border of respect and using violence against women. For instance in most parts of these world, a man who cannot control his wife is said to be a loser or a useless man. Please note that both gender believes this.it has become a public policy right..did we stop to consider it has gotten to the subconscious of every man that if he dosent control his wife, he would be seen as the laughing stock of the society and unfortunately goes through all means including violence to keep his wife in check. Just to protect his ego.
Im not supporting men over women .pls dont get me wrong..all im saying in addition to standing for women right against victimization we should open our eyes to gender discrimination in the society for both male and female. And use whatever solution we get from what we see to cover. Both our problems. Thank you while we make the world a better place.

(1) (Reply)

Burna Boy :isn't It Time We Get Worried Over Singer's / United's Angel Gomes With Rooney In 2007 Vs 2017 / Moji Olaiya Did Not Die Of Poisoning - Burial Committee Explains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.