Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,786 members, 7,875,956 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:45 AM

Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience (32394 Views)

Have You Ever Been In A Physical Fight Before? Share Your Experience! / How This Notorious Scammer Duped Unsuspecting Ladies With Marriage Scam. Photos / Woman Cries After Been Duped Of Her ATM Card In Bank (pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by mimiy05: 9:18pm On May 13, 2017
Acer123:
One Mr Ibrahim using arik air to scam people, scammed me of my hard earned money. God will surely repay him. Here's his phone number and email so that you can beware.+2348180332846 or in this format 08180332846. Email is info@arikair.com. Beware !.one Hilda Agabi is his accomplice.
Lol...Funny enough, I had a very big quarrel with my dad because of this man and his yeye accomplice that claimed to be a doctor at Eko hospital. I got his contact from a trusted source who did not know it was a scam. The day of the supposed interview, he called me to say that I have to go to Eko hospital first for medicals, then he gave me the "doctors" number to call. In my mind I was wondering which company conducts medicals first before a job interview.

I decide to call the "doctor" while I was in a keke on my way to the hospital. She now told me that I have to pay N15,600 in the bank, that she would send the account number and I would be refunded when I go for the main interview and that I must be in the hospital before 9:30am cos she was leaving soon. In my mind, I was like Eko hospital that I know? Which time did they stop collecting cash in the hospital?. I already knew it was a scam so I just cut the call and told the keke driver to drop me at the next junction. Luckily, we had not gone far from my house.

I took a bike home and my parents were asking me what happened. I explained everything to them, na im my pupsy provoke. "How do I know it's a scam" . We argued seriously, even my mum was trying to make him see reason. Eventually, I had to call the person who gave me the guys number and explained to her, she was now the one that told my dad that it's definitely a scam before he calmed down. I will never forget that day.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 13, 2017
stphil:
mine happend last week wen i was eager to join yahoo dats G, i met a guy on fb who claimed to b one i paid 30k to him and after dat i was blocked
good for you. Omo ale. You want to scam people of their hard labour. Silly child. Don't bend down and work.

This is just the beginning, oponu.

15 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by Yosuregames: 9:23pm On May 13, 2017
sonmvayina:
Mine was here on nairaland...I contacted the guy positing about having the results of some fixed games that are sure to win enter..we agreed for 10k..the guy sent me his account number, and I paid in 5k first..next he sends me a code....i l played with 3k, hoping to hammer...not even one entered..i called him, he refused to answer..i just fash the guy...hungry man..his name is samuel...

Sir you will nt suffer. D same tin happened to me. I met a guy on fb with d name Ben Emmanuel we talked he said 10 but I sent 5k and use 2k to stake. D games lost and d bastard blocked me on whatsapp n even call. Ayo Frank Witoh Your family will suffer till you die.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by isax(m): 9:27pm On May 13, 2017
Henryyy:
The only scam I don fall for na TBC.Na God say make I no buy many as per "testing" things. grin grin Na later I realize say TBC na rubbish.

really?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by larrycdof(m): 9:27pm On May 13, 2017
Just for the sake of ppl who might be a potential target for this harden criminals roaming among good ppl.. I was very busy then and needed to relocate bcus of distance I cover from my house to work.. So a friend volunteer to help we secure a good apartment around ojodu Berger.. Unkown to us the purported agent was actually a developer and he has committed same blocks of flat to several gullible preys like us,. We deposited 100k each for separate apartment,. After several months of unfulfilled promises he requested additional 100k as d flats which was under construction was almost finished I bluntly refused and claimed until I have keys to mine I won't make any more financial commitment,. My humble friend made another deposit.. After which I started my own investigation into the man and d house in question.. Low and behold several agents had so much derogatory remarks about the developers treacherous dealing.. Na them I know sey gbege don happen.. Bit my friend was adamant.. When the house was finished and we went to secure ours.. From long distance down d road I could see a cotton/window blind already In d apartment he supposedly bethroted to me.. See me dey laugh inside car cus I knew what had happened.. On getting their govt already took up the possession after several complains.. We were refered to Alagbon police station for an official complaint.. My brother and sister in d house.. My name was number 215...this man already swindled over 80millions from unsuspecting individuals.. Next I read d case in punch and it was all over the internet.. A woman I met said she paid 750k.. For 3bedroom flat.. I just dey thank God mine was less.. So ppl don't be corned out of ur hard earned money.. If u need a house do some research

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by Emmey67: 9:30pm On May 13, 2017
Softboiy is a SCAMMER

softboiy is a THIEF

softboiy is a FRAUDSTER
OJOGAN THEODORE is a SCAMMER

OJOGAN THEODORE is a THIEF

OJOGAN THEODORE is a FRAUDSTER
GTB Account number 0123742837 is a SCAMMER

GTB Account number 0123742837 is a THIEF

GTB Account number 0123742837 is a FRAUDSTER
Phone number 08112976890 is a SCAMMER

phone number 08112976890 is a THIEF

phone number 08112976890 is a FRAUDSTER
PayPal email Supersportbbmc@gmail.com is a SCAMMMER

Supersportbbmc@gmail.com is a THIEF

Supersportbbmc@gmail.com is a FRAUDSTER

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by labi1977(m): 9:31pm On May 13, 2017
3RNEST:
I was scam last month, one chance thinx lost close to 150K, angry but i believe in KARMA! embarassed

customer with all ur precautions ?? how come ? Pele

if dey r now scamming escrows, wahala

any details u wish to share ?
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by PastorAji(m): 9:31pm On May 13, 2017
eeyah pele
saw the news on Nairaland few months ago
larrycdof:
Just for the sake of ppl who might be a potential target for this harden criminals roaming among good ppl.. I was very busy then and needed to relocate bcus of distance I cover from my house to work.. So a friend volunteer to help we secure a good apartment around ojodu Berger.. Unkown to us the purported agent was actually a developer and he has committed same blocks of flat to several gullible preys like us,. We deposited 100k each for separate apartment,. After several months of unfulfilled promises he requested additional 100k as d flats which was under construction was almost finished I bluntly refused and claimed until I have keys to mine I won't make any more financial commitment,. My humble friend made another deposit.. After which I started my own investigation into the man and d house in question.. Low and behold several agents had so much derogatory remarks about the developers treacherous dealing.. Na them I know sey gbege don happen.. Bit my friend was adamant.. When the house was finished and we went to secure ours.. From long distance down d road I could see a cotton/window blind already In d apartment he supposedly bethroted to me.. See me dey laugh inside car cus I knew what had happened.. On getting their govt already took up the possession after several complains.. We were refered to Alagbon police station for an official complaint.. My brother and sister in d house.. My name was number 215...this man already swindled over 80millions from unsuspecting individuals.. Next I read d case in punch and it was all over the internet.. A woman I met said she paid 750k.. For 3bedroom flat.. I just dey thank God mine was less.. So ppl don't be corned out of ur hard earned money.. If u need a house do some research
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by DRscience(f): 9:32pm On May 13, 2017
That was 2012! I was so desperate to have a phone bb to be precise,Pinging things na! I was able to save up to 10k, my one month pocket money that time! Only for to check a website like that, maybe jiji I can't remember and I saw a used BlackBerry phone for sale at 10k. I saw the pictures and the number, I called the number, he convinced me he was real that once I pay the money that he will send the phone to me.
I went to bank to pay the money and then I notified him about the payment. After 2hours, I called him, that was how he didn't pick my calls and I was blocked!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by MissIndependent(f): 9:35pm On May 13, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by 3RNEST(m): 9:37pm On May 13, 2017
labi1977:

customer with all ur precautions ?? how come ? Pele

if dey r now scamming escrows, wahala

any details u wish to share ?
offline scam... embarassed
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by seuncyrus(m): 9:44pm On May 13, 2017
iamexcelblog:

This website named paperback-limited dot com scammed a family friend and our village minister to the tune of 6 million. This fraudulent website went and cloned the original site which is paperbackpaper dot co dot uk.

Bro If You're really serious about getting the guy and not just some leave him to God kind of people, you can still get him. I hate scammers and the bad names they give to hard working Nigerians.

I've checked out the site and the guy is truly a Nigerian but using a fake name, You can report him to his Hosting company that the site is being used for fraudulent activities and they'll take the site down( they can even help you track him). To be honest, the site doesn't really look like a clone of the original one, but it still looks shady. I don't know if you're a tech guy but there's a simple way u can get his info like the pic below. The guy is a really foolish guy that can't even hide his tracks (Ps: i blurred out some of the info)

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by WIZGUY69(m): 9:46pm On May 13, 2017
stphil:
mine happend last week wen i was eager to join yahoo dats G, i met a guy on fb who claimed to b one i paid 30k to him and after dat i was blocked

They need to flog you for being silly..
You know someone is a fraudster, and you still send him money.. grin what do you expect in return?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by olafunny(m): 9:47pm On May 13, 2017
ontruth:

I don't just know what to tell you.they way I dey vex for you after reading this your tales. sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
no vex abeg my oga
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by rasheedmalik113: 9:50pm On May 13, 2017
All of u na maga that is wy scam is Pepe u,cammer wll eat tll u die...
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by ernhiee: 9:55pm On May 13, 2017
Please I sent you a mail can you please reply thank you....I need help with my fees and my exam is in 2weeks..Thanks
Tracyomo:
I've been scammed several times just because I like helping others.
I met a young boy on fb claiming he is an ophan and needed help from me to pay his school fees in Naija. The boy blocked me after sending him 80k. Na den I know say na scam.
I was lucky he blocked me because because if he had asked more money from me I would have continued helping him.
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by WIZGUY69(m): 9:55pm On May 13, 2017
Yosuregames:

Sir you will nt suffer. D same tin happened to me. I met a guy on fb with d name Ben Emmanuel we talked he said 10 but I sent 5k and use 2k to stake. D games lost and d bastard blocked me on whatsapp n even call. Ayo Frank Witoh Your family will suffer till you die.

Lmfao grin

Fabian Izunna & Anthonia Ogochukwu it shall not be well with you both for scamming me...
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by gift01: 9:57pm On May 13, 2017
WIZGUY69:

They need to flog you for being silly..
You know someone is still a fraudster, and you still send him money.. grin what do you expect in return?
Promotion

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by olafunny(m): 9:57pm On May 13, 2017
IshaqAyinde:
I was approached by a man at mile-2 area, as i was coming from school back home, d hold up from Ikorodu to Oshodi b4 getting to mile2, The man approach me that he has some seized good at the port, asking if i can help him out in order to retrieve his goods worth millions. I my mind, i was like see scammer, The last thing i remember was that he hold my hands, and i followed him back to one slum along Mushin, they empty my pocket, collect my expensive phone, still ordered me to go home and bring more money. I got home as planned and started searching for money every nook and corner of the house as if I kept one there. Its my brother that notice this unusual behavior, he raised alarm immediately, and rain of prayers was showered on me by Cleric, that was when i returned back to normal.

Before then i never thought i would everly be scammed, you know, as omo eko, since then, i mind how i get into physical contact in the public.

The truth is, scammers are devising every means to hunt, may God help us.
your own strong gan ooo

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by gift01: 10:00pm On May 13, 2017
Henryyy:
The only scam I don fall for na TBC.Na God say make I no buy many as per "testing" things. grin grin Na later I realize say TBC na rubbish.
so tbc was a scam They disturb me to join but i was reluctant. Abeg let us know more of the ploy they used pls
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by Sename101(f): 10:00pm On May 13, 2017
skilfulsagei:
It happened about three decades ago. I was coming from a JAMB tutorial centre located in Bariga to iyana Ipaja. A guy accosted me in Oshodi while trying to board Molue going to Iyana Ipaja marketing a glittering and beautiful SEIKO wrist watch.
The market value of the watch then was N150 so priced it to N25. I was so happy when he agreed to sell it . I gave him the money and he helped me wrapped it inside a brown envelope.
While in the Molue going to my destination, I was rehearsing how I negotiated my way into buying the highly priced watch. The next action was to admire the watch again but I was shocked to my marrow when found three pebbles of flat granite instead of the watch.
I looked side ways to check whether I was being watched because I was shivering involuntary. Nobody really cared, I tore the enlope and dropped everything on the bus.
3 decades ago??/ shocked shocked shocked, my ancestor I hail oo!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by vision2050: 10:05pm On May 13, 2017
ponzi scheme scam me. a return of so so percent after some days are scam grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by tgmservice: 10:05pm On May 13, 2017
They just scammed me today i go buy fake 8g flash for 1,200 nothing they enta d flash

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by LannisterIMP: 10:06pm On May 13, 2017
TheMainMan:
nop... never

lemme use this medium to greet those that there money went with mmm.....

hop u are now calm... tongue tongue tongue

Money didn't go no where.
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by olafunny(m): 10:06pm On May 13, 2017
Tracyomo:
I've been scammed several times just because I like helping others.
I met a young boy on fb claiming he is an ophan and needed help from me to pay his school fees in Naija. The boy blocked me after sending him 80k. Na den I know say na scam.
I was lucky he blocked me because because if he had asked more money from me I would have continued helping him.
on a more serious note, pls add me on whatsapp 08062714175 pls You will surely be convinced to help. Plssss
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by Ridwan1821: 10:08pm On May 13, 2017
flyca:
I was scammed by my lecturer shocked
Newly recruited, young guy.

He claimed he will teach some MATLAB simulations that I needed for my project - TEACH.
Was it 30 or 50K then, I can't remember for sure but it was 6 years ago o.

Collected part payment. Teaching time oya nu, he was yapping - Light issues, laptop issues, no time issues. Managed to meet him a few times.

Then he said, "you know what, I'll do everything for you in my house and give you, ok?". Naive undergrad, what do I know kwanu. Lol. I said, "ok"

Two yearzs later, I realized, he copied the work of an older graduand. And that he doesn't even know how to use ths software as I thought. And that I had been scammed. And that he scammed and likely is still scamming other students.

He just collects such big money from you, and lift other people's works for you. angry
One of our lecturers told us the MATLAB software available here in Nigeria is a pirated one. It was octave he used while taking us the course (Mathematical Package).
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by ibawon(m): 10:13pm On May 13, 2017
Just yesterday I was almost scammed, but thank God someone who had been scanned by the same RIPPER blew whistle, he was Ripped off $950 dollars, as I hear am my body just cool.
I also talk to a scammer yesterday after confronting him about scamming a good friend of $265, his response was "WATIN CONCERN YOU" ..
Well I'm just lucky I've never been scammed. If you dey find home if Scammers/Rippers my friend go join ICQ. Then you know Aye pe meji
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by hernandson(m): 10:19pm On May 13, 2017
was scammed when I needed money,bought fixed game...one entered the other spoilt it. bought another both of them spoilt it..had little money and wanted to make it big so as to pay someones fees in school. also did ultimate cycler till today I no see my money, did naira help too,the day I did it the third day the thing crash

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by Max124(m): 10:24pm On May 13, 2017
There is dis club called the lending club, i met dem of Facebook where they posted dat dy are into lending money to people dat any body dat is interested shld inbox dem for a fast approval or disapproval wen i shown interest dy gave me acct details dat i shld pay collateral fee afta d verification i will receiv my loan bt it happend dat afta d payment uptill now i hv nt recievd anytin, pls dy ar stil online now dnt ever do dat mistake dy ar criminals

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by ganie(m): 10:30pm On May 13, 2017
The latest scam is in the job/vacancies section by a guy( Emmanuel Akosa who says he helps in reviewing cv,though na ordinary #200 he scam me.
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by farmgate: 10:35pm On May 13, 2017
As am typing this, they are still online scamming Nigerians. To the owners of those website, we know you.

Already all of you will die by accident before the year runs out. The man you scammed is currently running BP and is almost wishing for death.

Don't be silent report the case to police, let them know,tell them about the website, the bank account, aand everything that's when you help others

Let police or Efcc keep tracking them

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 13, 2017
By an eBook seller. His 'name' is frabidel. I won't ever forget lol. I've learned not to buy ebooks. . .all info you need is FREE on the internet, you just have to search for it if you really want it.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Man Caught Stealing Slippers In A Boutique With The Help Of CCTV (Video, Pics) / Kidnapped 17-Year-Old Redeemers University Student Escapes In Ogun / Fleeing Thieves Die After Crashing Their Car In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.