Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,451 members, 7,911,108 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 03:16 AM

Orji Kalu Speaks To Yaradua - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Kalu Speaks To Yaradua (578 Views)

Buhari Speaks To ARISE TV On New Cabinet, Saraki, Others / Video: Sanusi Speaks To CNN On Boko Haram Joining ISIS, Corruption In Nigeria / Alhaji Sule Lamido For President 2011, A Beter Alternative To Yaradua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Orji Kalu Speaks To Yaradua by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:19am On Jan 12, 2010
AMIDST rumours yesterday of the death of President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua in Saudi Arabia, former governor of Abia State, Oji Uzor Kalu told The Guardian what he called "the most authentic proof that the rumour is worse than a lie."

"How could a man I spoke to on December 31, 2009 could have died on December 10?"

According to him, "Mutawallen Katsina spoke to me. I know his voice. Hamza, his Special Assistant who was his ADC when he was Katsina State governor, facilitated the call. " I was in Lebanon. I called Hamza to ask after the President's health and he told me he wouldn't see him until about four hours later."

After that, said Kalu, "he indeed called me back and handed the phone to President Yar'Adua. His voice was low but we exchanged banters the way he and I would normally do."

According to the former Abia governor, the President may have been moved to one of the residential houses of the Saudi King from hospital to stave off pressures.

"But to say keeping him in-communicado means he is dead is stretching the imagination too far."

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/article01//indexn2_html?pdate=120110&ptitle=Govt%20denies%20Yar'Adua's%20death,%20pressure%20mounts

(1) (Reply)

Cat With Nine Lives / Complain To BBC For Trying To Deceive Nigerians By Claiming To Speak To Yaradua / President’s Speech On The Bbc Was “a Hoax.”-abuja Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.