Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,698 members, 7,889,226 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 05:58 AM

Sex Before Marriage; Merits And Demerits - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sex Before Marriage; Merits And Demerits (2048 Views)

We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage / Sex Before Marriage Or Sex After Marriage? / Merits And Demerits In Giving Head (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sex Before Marriage; Merits And Demerits by Thepasserby(m): 8:13am On May 15, 2017
We now live in a world where everything is all about sex. We find sex everywhere; on the road, kitchen, books, movies, adverts, and the list is just endless.

Sex in itself is not bad, but the way, manner and time of engaging in it is what qualifies it as either being good or bad. Take food for instance, it is needed by the body, but when taken in excess can also lead to some sicknesses or discomfort.

There has been a lot of teachings going on about whether engaging in sex before marriage is good or bad. Find below some merits and demerits of engaging in sex before marriage.

PLEASE NOTE: THIS ARTICLE IS NOT SPEAKING FROM ANY RELIGIOUS POINT OF VIEW AND IT IS STRICTLY FROM WHAT THE WRITER THINKS

Merits
1. Expossure:
Engaging in sex before marriage exposes both parties to what sex really means. It also helps the duo to be able to know about each other's sexuality. However, if this exposure is not well controlled, it can lead to an obsession or addiction where the parties involved will always think about nothing but sex. Once the body experience the act of sex, it will want to engage in it again and again.

2. Intimacy
To some people, sex may bring the duo together but in most cases, it ends up destroying the relationship entirely. While sex brings husband and wife together it often tears girlfriend-boyfriend relationships apart. It may also help to answer questions whether they are really in love as they claim to be. But wait a minute, is sex love?

Demerits
1. Lack of trust
It should be noted that trust is the foundation on which a good and healthy relationship is built. When sex is engaged in before marriage, the duo may end up not trusting each other. Instead being together, the sex may end up raising questions in the minds of the lovers. Questions like, does he still love me? Now that we have had sex, what will be his/her reaction towards me?

2. Loss of self respect
The day you engage in sex with somebody, that day you become one in flesh because you both carry a portion of each other. Sex before marriage leads to loss of self respect. The guy may end up disrespecting the lady and vice versa. It also brings about guilt. Each time the lady sights him in the company of his friends, the only thing that comes to her mind will be go assume that he is telling them about her.

3. Risk of starting an unplanned family
Why was sex even made? I think it is to procreate. People should be happy when they engage in sex and see results after all we eat food to satisfy our hunger. If your sex act was graciously visited by pregnancy, I think that should call for a celebration.

Copied from palmchat dating
www.palmchatnow.com
Re: Sex Before Marriage; Merits And Demerits by Nobody: 8:21am On May 15, 2017
From my own personal point of view, i agree with the demerits and vis-a- vis
Re: Sex Before Marriage; Merits And Demerits by Antibot: 9:29am On May 15, 2017
Apollogies Op, but all these write up are trash to me

1. What is the exposure for? If you both aren't compatible with each other, you now break up the relationship to marry another woman who you're more compatible with isn't that bad?

It's just like you having sex with a lady who has a wider cervix and at the end of the day, ya both weren't compatible but you stretched it further again. The next guy going in for a relationship with her comes and find it wider again, he makes it widest after leaving her claiming of incompatibility.

That's why women have a hard time finding a suitor.

Wetin person dey taste, taste, taste no dey get value o. That goes to say, if 3 different individuals press press bread and they no come buy am, there's a high chances that that bread won't be sold.

2. Intimacy you say? Who can't get intimacy in marriage. Why would intimacy in sex be your desire. You could hug, hold hands, cuddle but that's all. No gaddamn sex. Finish!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sex Before Marriage; Merits And Demerits by 2SWT(f): 11:18am On May 15, 2017
What works for one doesn't work for all

Choose the one that suits you

1 Like

Re: Sex Before Marriage; Merits And Demerits by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 15, 2017
Antibot:

1. What is the exposure for? If you both aren't compatible with each other, you now break up the relationship to marry another woman who you're more compatible with isn't that bad?

It's just like you having sex with a lady who has a wider cervix and at the end of the day, ya both weren't compatible but you stretched it further again. The next guy going in for a relationship with her comes and find it wider again, he makes it widest after leaving her claiming of incompatibility.

Wetin person dey taste, taste, taste no dey get value o. That goes to say, if 3 different individuals press press bread and they no come buy am, there's a high chances that that bread won't be sold.

2. Intimacy you say? Who can't get intimacy in marriage. Why would intimacy in sex be your desire. You could hug, hold hands, cuddle but that's all. No gaddamn sex. Finish!
you need chill pill. your type fit get more than two baby mamas
Re: Sex Before Marriage; Merits And Demerits by Mrbehave: 3:37pm On May 15, 2017
Antibot:

Nice one.

1 Like

Re: Sex Before Marriage; Merits And Demerits by Antibot: 3:43pm On May 15, 2017
henro4niger:

Re: Sex Before Marriage; Merits And Demerits by Antibot: 3:45pm On May 15, 2017
henro4niger:

Why would I have a baby mama and type all this things here? undecided

1 Like

Re: Sex Before Marriage; Merits And Demerits by 3DCYCLOPS: 3:47pm On May 15, 2017
Op the merit sure ooo

That was how I followed one mama and do all nite session till 9am the next morning chai
For 3days my spinal cord and ribs were paining me

Shey If i did not test waters and na marry this kind mami...I will last 1 month

1 Like

Re: Sex Before Marriage; Merits And Demerits by Antibot: 3:47pm On May 15, 2017
Mrbehave:
Nice one.

I see you wink
Re: Sex Before Marriage; Merits And Demerits by Thepasserby(m): 6:26pm On May 15, 2017
Mynd44, Rocktation, farano
Re: Sex Before Marriage; Merits And Demerits by xynerise: 6:27pm On May 15, 2017
2SWT:
What works for one doesn't work for all

Choose the one that suits you
Re: Sex Before Marriage; Merits And Demerits by Antibot: 8:17pm On May 15, 2017
Cleopatra4 I hope you're enjoying your ban? cheesy Na me report you grin. I called a lady a bitçh and the bîtch reported me, I got banned! Now you too enjoy your oblivion tongue
Re: Sex Before Marriage; Merits And Demerits by Antibot: 6:21pm On May 16, 2017
Antibot:
Cleopatra4 I hope you're enjoying your ban? cheesy Na me report you grin. I called a lady a bitçh and the bîtch reported me, I got banned! Now you too enjoy your oblivion tongue

Cleo Cleo. Cleopatra4. Are you really enjoying your ban that you can't reply me? grin
Re: Sex Before Marriage; Merits And Demerits by Cleopatra4(f): 9:42pm On May 17, 2017
Antibot:

Cleo Cleo. Cleopatra4. Are you really enjoying your ban that you can't reply me? grin
Antibot cuz I call you monkey you report me abi undecided Which mumu ban me join embarassed shege yaro!!!
Re: Sex Before Marriage; Merits And Demerits by Antibot: 7:53am On May 18, 2017
Cleopatra4:

Antibot cuz I call you monkey you report me abi undecided Which mumu ban me join embarassed shege yaro!!!

Oh, you have absolutely no idea why I did. Someone reported me too na. Sorry sha. It's nice having you back

*extending a hand of friendship*

You're adviced to take it if not, more ban awaits you cheesy Because I'm about to start doing some stalking job on your post.

You know that shege yaro can cost you another ban too right? You know it's an insult right cheesy

You go like ban wella o
Re: Sex Before Marriage; Merits And Demerits by Tklabelle(f): 7:57am On May 18, 2017
3DCYCLOPS:
Op the merit sure ooo

That was how I followed one mama and do all nite session till 9am the next morning chai
For 3days my spinal cord and ribs were paining me

Shey If i did not test waters and na marry th
is kind mami...I will last 1 month

grin grin grin
Re: Sex Before Marriage; Merits And Demerits by Cleopatra4(f): 8:19am On May 18, 2017
Antibot:

Oh, you have absolutely no idea why I did. Someone reported me too na. Sorry sha. It's nice having you back

*extending a hand of friendship*

You're adviced to take it if not, more ban awaits you cheesy Because I'm about to start doing some stalking job on your post.

You know that shege yaro can cost you another ban too right? You know it's an insult right cheesy

You go like ban wella o
I'm not accepting. You have started a great war.
Antibot na me and you for this nairaland.
Re: Sex Before Marriage; Merits And Demerits by Thepasserby(m): 8:28am On May 18, 2017
Cleopatra4:

Observing from afar...
Re: Sex Before Marriage; Merits And Demerits by SirMichael1: 8:38pm On May 18, 2017
Cleopatra4:

Oya na. Bring it on.

I told you to accept my hand of friendship but you didn't right.

I love wars. cheesy Ama make you regret this choice you just made

Cleo Cleo cheesy
Re: Sex Before Marriage; Merits And Demerits by SirMichael1: 8:41pm On May 18, 2017
Cleopatra4:

I'll follow you now to make my stalking easier.

Mind you, if you insult anyone and I mean anyone or if you go against any rule, you're gone. You'd experience another oblivion cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Young Man Dies After Chat With Ex Lover (photos) / My Scary Experience With A Mad, Mad Man / Actress Mercy Aigbe Flaunts Her Thighs In Lovely Gown (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.