Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,957 members, 7,873,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:31 AM

Shouldn't Nigerians Abroad Feel Guilty? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shouldn't Nigerians Abroad Feel Guilty? (863 Views)

We Will Write Your Resignation Letter, Nigerians Abroad Tell Saraki / Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply / To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shouldn't Nigerians Abroad Feel Guilty? by eNKe1: 12:12pm On Jan 12, 2010
Open floor. Nigerians abroad should feel guilty.
Re: Shouldn't Nigerians Abroad Feel Guilty? by Choco5: 12:15pm On Jan 12, 2010
So so so true. But I must point out that many of them are no longer Nigerians. SO it would be wrong for us to consider their views on Nigeria except as outsiders. Not saying that all who live outside are not Nigerians but some no longer identify with Nigeria, they call themselves Americans and Brits, not Nigerian.
Re: Shouldn't Nigerians Abroad Feel Guilty? by Jaybee2412(m): 1:00pm On Jan 12, 2010
@poster and choco

IGNORANCE. That is what is worrying you. Do you think life is rossy abroad? If there is a group of nigerians that have the love of the country at heart most, they are those living abroad. I should have loved to be in Nigeria now enjoying the good weather and the friendly family enviroment , but the only way I can provide adequatelfor my familiy members both close and extended, here and in Nigeria is to work 18 hours out of 24 everyday of the week. I bet you have never left the shores of Nigeria. That is why you are ranting without reasons.
Re: Shouldn't Nigerians Abroad Feel Guilty? by paddylo1(m): 1:07pm On Jan 12, 2010
@poster and choco

iGNORANCE. That is what is worrying you. Do you think life is rossy abroad? If there is a group of nigerians that have the love of the country at heart most, they are those living abroad. I should have loved to be in Nigeria now enjoying the good weather and the friendly family enviroment , but the only way I can provide for my familiy members both close and extended, here and in Nigeria is towork 18 hours out of 24 everyday of the week. I bet you have never left the shores of Nigeria. That is why you are ranting without reasons.

true talk lol. . look at the original poster ranting about elaborate oyibo dish. . when i am here missing my egusi and ogbono soups
no nigerian abroad boasts about eating oyibo food,because the ones we have home is better
so i dont get your point
as for the rest of your post. . u are also not making sense
life here aint a bed of roses. . .who ever tells u different is deceiving u
Re: Shouldn't Nigerians Abroad Feel Guilty? by Beaf: 1:11pm On Jan 12, 2010
You maga's will soon be on the run. The empire is faaaaaaaalllinnnng!!!!!!!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Shouldn't Nigerians Abroad Feel Guilty? by ChapelleS: 1:32pm On Jan 12, 2010
@poster

When other countries currently allow their citizens to vote from abroad and many more are moving towards that norm,you are making this mad post.If you saw opportunity to escape Nigeria.wont you take advantage of it? Hypocrite.Onye ara!
Re: Shouldn't Nigerians Abroad Feel Guilty? by ogajim(m): 1:50pm On Jan 12, 2010
OP,

Delusions of grandeur, I am not sure you've been outside Nigeria for more than a couple of weeks straight or you wouldn't have the same position you seem to maintain on this thread with your rant.

What "oyinbo dish" was placed in front of you if I may ask? Like paddy said, only the FAKE among us boast about oyinbo this and oyinbo that. I live in an area where even the regular grocery stores sell plantain, okra, etc and the African stores all over the place to get the rest, even with our food being available, most of us still miss Nigeria to say the least.

Maybe you should transfer this anger towards your "leaders" who no nothing about elementary leadership, I should be mad too because some of them are coming stateside now with their stolen loot and buying properties they don't even have the visa to visit often enough.

As for the "foreign accent", all I can say is that the main objective of communication is to be understood, are you saying we should be speaking pidgin in meetings when even the Jamaicans won't understand it?
Re: Shouldn't Nigerians Abroad Feel Guilty? by brinesj: 2:35pm On Jan 12, 2010
Shouldn't the people that brought this nation to this point feel guilty?

Nigerians abroad are simply victims, economic and/or social refugees in a lot of cases, trying to live what is considered "normal lives" in civilized societies.
Re: Shouldn't Nigerians Abroad Feel Guilty? by YourMum: 2:42pm On Jan 12, 2010
Are they feeling guilty why the insults?
Re: Shouldn't Nigerians Abroad Feel Guilty? by LeMoor(m): 2:57pm On Jan 12, 2010
Another self-righteous, self-praising poster, who thinks people abroad should feel guilty for leaving the country. Well, take a bow, You have been noticed.
Now go back to naija and give all your income (whatever that maybe) to the less privileged who cant afford the things you can,
Also, next time you think about buying that expensive ticket to europe or africa, think about your brothers at home who cant afford it. I am sure there is enough money to be made in naija without having to go out and subject yourself to the horrible experience of having to eat an expensive foreign dish, Stick to the carbs, yam, bread, eba and rice.
Re: Shouldn't Nigerians Abroad Feel Guilty? by Choco9: 2:58pm On Jan 12, 2010
Choco is alive.
Re: Shouldn't Nigerians Abroad Feel Guilty? by Kobojunkie: 3:46pm On Jan 12, 2010
On the food issue, some people just enjoy making really ridiculous claims. Across Europe, Nigerian families still enjoy their local Nigerian dishes. All you have to do is go out to the African/Chinese store ( There seems to be one in every town/city etc), get yourself the right ingredients and cook you some soup. When I read of how Nigerian food is all this and that, I wonder if some folks know that they have access to the same even here in America. I even have an uncle who grows Ugwu and Ewedu in his garden. What is with the so many RIDICULOUS reasons for why  one should not, is it, travel to Europe or the west?

ROFLMAO!!! grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Shouldn't Nigerians Abroad Feel Guilty? by Choco9: 3:53pm On Jan 12, 2010
Kobojunkie:

On the food issue, some people just enjoy making really ridiculous claims. Across Europe, Nigerian families still enjoy their local Nigerian dishes. All you have to do is go out to the African/Chinese store ( There seems to be one in every town/city etc), get yourself the right ingredients and cook you some soup. When I read of how Nigerian food is all this and that, I wonder if some folks know that they have access to the same even here in America. I even have an uncle who grows Ugwu and Ewedu in his garden. What is with the so many RIDICULOUS reasons for why  one should not, is it, travel to Europe or the west?

ROFLMAO!!! grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy

ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Shouldn't Nigerians Abroad Feel Guilty? by Fhemmmy: 3:54pm On Jan 12, 2010
This is another funny thread.
Nigerians in Nigeria are suffering and what do you think the Nigerians Abroad are supposed to do?
Re: Shouldn't Nigerians Abroad Feel Guilty? by adconline(m): 4:11pm On Jan 12, 2010
Maybe most Nigerians in diaspora who have been made economic dissidents by some Nigerians in Naija are now to be blamed. In 2009 Nigerians in diaspora sent home $10 billion representing over 50% of Nigerian budget in 2009. If these folks didnt care as you have claimed, they would not have thrown this lump sum into a toilet called Naija.
Re: Shouldn't Nigerians Abroad Feel Guilty? by ogajim(m): 4:20pm On Jan 12, 2010
Don't mind them jare, we should be blamed for NEPA too. Most of us have to work so hard because we HAVE to support folks back home.

Jealousy, reminds me of the old Edna Ogholi song ( I wonder where she dey now sef)
Re: Shouldn't Nigerians Abroad Feel Guilty? by largie(f): 4:39pm On Jan 12, 2010
Most Nigerians living abroad are there because the Nigerian system failed them.If the leaders that keep stealing from our treasury and banking their loot abroad are being praised and awarded titles please what is my own with guilt?
If you must know most Nigerians living abroad are bitter,how i wish i could do something about our present crop of looters.
Re: Shouldn't Nigerians Abroad Feel Guilty? by ayinba1(f): 4:52pm On Jan 12, 2010
I am a Nigerian abroad and I have no feelings of guilt. Next time, you may want to title your post " Shouldn't some Nigerians Feel Guilty?". I had to choose between taking bribeswaiting for an opportunity to get a government political post so I can steal money versus, leaving the country and earning a honest living. Why should I feel guilty that I chose honest, hard work?

I really do not get your rationale for this thread. Are you a Nigerian? If yes, you are one of the privileged who "travel out" for school etc. Do you or any member of your family hold a position in the government? Do you benefit in any way (financially) from the current government? If yes, you should be the one that feels guilty.

Being a citizen of another nation does not preclude fighting against injustice in Nigeria. What do you propose that we do? Sit and say nothing when we have family back in Nigeria and we know that things could be a lot better with proper management of ressources?

As per facebook, you really don't have to visit and look at all those pics.
Re: Shouldn't Nigerians Abroad Feel Guilty? by eNKe1: 8:01pm On Jan 12, 2010
WHy r u all pissed if u aint all guilty@!?
Nigerians abroad have a lot more to offer Nigeria than they already do. Why dont u stop sending money home so we can completely write you all off as non-existent? I would expect that the job of a nigerian who is greater exposed (maybe in power generation or anything else) would be to come home and help ease the pains a lot more nigerians are going through!
Re: Shouldn't Nigerians Abroad Feel Guilty? by ogajim(m): 8:17pm On Jan 12, 2010
eNKe!:

WHy r u all pissed if u aint all guilty@!?
Nigerians abroad have a lot more to offer Nigeria than they already do. Why dont u stop sending money home so we can completely write you all off as non-existent? I would expect that the job of a nigerian who is greater exposed (maybe in power generation or anything else) would be to come home and help ease the pains a lot more nigerians are going through!

These "aje butter" children na wa ooooo tongue

OP is obviously too inexperienced to understand any of these, you just don't get it and probably never will.
wink wink

Guilty because I sought and found a better life without a corrupt daddy/uncle/big bro to help out? You got to be kidding me! Most of us just feel bad for those who are there because even when you drive out of your "mansions", where is the road? Little wonder that some stole money instead of fixing roads and then die in an accident on the same road. pele nike , lol
Re: Shouldn't Nigerians Abroad Feel Guilty? by baeyy(m): 8:34pm On Jan 12, 2010
i do not agree with you am currently studying in abroad, and that doesn't make me less Nigerian than you, i still care for my country and would still come back to a help a better country, so i really don't know what your talking about. This is like calling all Nigerians terrorist because of what Umur or whatever his name did.

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo, Atiku, Kupolokun Got $74m – Okiro Report / Breaking News - Lagos,abuja To Enjoy 16-24hrs Of Power Supply / Hitv Vs Dstv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.