Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,410 members, 7,901,136 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:54 AM

Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen - Crime (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen (63381 Views)

Temitope Arowolo: Lebanon Was Hell, I Don’t Pray For Satan To Experience It / Couple Prevents 401(k) Fraud From 2 Nigerians, By Checking Account Just In Time / A Reply To Roberts Lindsay's Assessment Of Nigerians​.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by thinkmoney(m): 3:33pm On May 17, 2017
I suspect this post was cooked up. The writing style and choice of word look Nigerian. You will feel a Nigerian is talking with you.
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by GavelSlam: 3:35pm On May 17, 2017
loswhite:
so a million out of 180 million means it is OK to generalize right? You are sick....black fools

Who is generalising now?

Do you really understand what a million people are?

Do you realise that many countries that you know of are slightly above that number?

Finland - the country that brought you Nokia 5 million

Norway - 5 million

Portugal 10 million.

Yet, we know these countries for certain things they've sold to the world.

1 million dubious Nigerians means most Nigerians would be viewed the same.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by enomakos(m): 3:42pm On May 17, 2017
durentchigozie:
I'm ashamed of being nigerian. They'd soon come here shouting "Racism!" Stupid people, thieves.
I was in the bar yesterday and overheard 3 boys boasting of a successful scam. Everyone, yes every single nigerian, desperate and evil. They would do anything for money.
Nigerians are so shameless, everything written up there is correct. Even the "begging for money" stuff. We see them parading nairaland everyday displaying their shameless begging proclivities. The other day, it was a Nigerian that went to Richard Quest's twitter page begging for 500 dollars. Just imagine.
Enter american forums, you'd be seeing stuffs like "call (+234..)" Nigeria numbers full there looking for who to scam.
I wish i could strip myself and my kids off this Nigerian nationality.
what is stopping you? go and lives in chad and get their citizenship

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by chiraqDemon(m): 3:45pm On May 17, 2017
Can u ppl see, so that if ppl like me successfully go oit of this country they will be looking at me like filth. I hate to admit it but truly these comments are true. Naija, them swesr for us.
If nor be scam n thrn na drugs or murder. Whyyy
If i ever comot from this dump again and person ask me where i from i nor go tell am say na naija. I go say i b from Eritrea or somewhere else. D name nigeria has become d same thing as untrustworthy, scum and criminal.

It has even reached a level that ppl from other countries will even say they are nigerians when they are caught cos already its part of naija to scam amd be criminals. The average Nigerian has scammed another at least once. No 100% honest Nigerian.

D girls sef as d nigerian guy mentioned are too materialistic and stupid

In short where is rope lemme commit suicide and just wish that if im reborn i will be american or european and white.
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by ayindejimmy(m): 3:47pm On May 17, 2017
bishopkay:

We are still saying same thing from different angles and thank God you made mention of the phrase "saner climes"

Nigeria isn't yet a sane clime so instead of you roasting the young lady, take out your bile on the importers and producers of the logos and materials, the customs service that cleared and allowed them into the country and the authorities that allow them sell it openly with confidence.

Until you do this, attacking the lady would be hypocritical on your part because if those things weren't in the market for sale, she wouldn't have had access to them to produce her shoes in the first place

You're mistaken.
I didn’t attack the lady. I didn't even see the post. But now I get what you're saying. I've see shoe parts that had been branded by the manufactures .
No hard feelings
But I would've understood earlier if your comments were not laced with insults.
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by enomakos(m): 3:47pm On May 17, 2017
banmee:

Lol. Keep telling yourself that so you can feel better. Smh.
we are better than those fucking Americans get it
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 3:48pm On May 17, 2017
enomakos:
you're very stupid for quoting me. Just like your signature, your hearing is impaired indeed
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by enomakos(m): 3:51pm On May 17, 2017
DJInfluence:
I agree with most, a lot of generalisation in the article. but guys, let us all be honest with ourselves. We are one terrible people. 80% of us are guilty of these things mentioned. We lie, we cheat, we take advantage. Hell just try to build a house and you will understand. The politicians arer not even better. The sooner we accept this and start to do something about it, the better the country image will get rather than attack the person writting this (because some of these things in the article is what most westerners think anyway).
so u are saying you are a criminal right?
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by e13sina(m): 3:51pm On May 17, 2017
Hate us or love us, #proudlyNigerian

1 Like

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by sunnysunny69(m): 3:52pm On May 17, 2017
TheVictorious:

How is it a hateful interview
it's a stereotype blog with traffic aim. Nigerian not even in top ten of people going to jail in states, and again we are not in top 10 of people deported from USA. The question is would he get traffic mentioning Brazil or Ecuador ? Answer is nope, and besides they have embassy who will take him up. You can see the facts below yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by chiraqDemon(m): 3:55pm On May 17, 2017
enomakos:
How?
An average atheist american is more honest than a top christian priest.
Is it in average intelligence?
Is it in how much we love being orderly?
How and in what way are we better?
Even one village cannot stand the other from the same tribe talkless of inter tribal peace

We have all scammed somebody for something at one point in our lives. I read the post and realised that its true that the average nigerian is a savage and a criminal who would rather wait for govt to come and clean up the streets but would not hesitate to dump a used biscuit wrapper in the gutter. An average nigerian is a criminal who would jump at anu opportunity to get money even if its illegal. And most dont even care if they are caught. An average nigerian is a high level crook

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by TheVictorious(m): 3:57pm On May 17, 2017
sunnysunny69:
it's a stereotype blog with traffic aim. Nigerian not even in top ten of people going to jail in states, and again we are not in top 10 of people deported from USA. The question is would he get traffic mentioning Brazil or Ecuador ? Answer is nope, and besides they have embassy who will take him up. You can see the facts below yourself.

He's simply expressing his sad experiences about Nigerians, which depicts the behavior of most Nigerians. This is what we must accept. I don't care whether or not, he's doing it for personal reasons. What I care about is that it's the truth and this is a sad fact we must accept, if there must be any meaningful change in our society.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by enomakos(m): 3:58pm On May 17, 2017
chiraqDemon:

How?
An average atheist american is more honest than a top christian priest.
Is it in average intelligence?
Is it in how much we love being orderly?
How and in what way are we better?
Even one village cannot stand the other from the same tribe talkless of inter tribal peace

We have all scammed somebody for something at one point in our lives. I read the post and realised that its true that the average nigerian is a savage and a criminal who would rather wait for govt to come and clean up the streets but would not hesitate to dump a used biscuit wrapper in the gutter. An average nigerian is a criminal who would jump at anu opportunity to get money even if its illegal. And most dont even care if they are caught. An average nigerian is a high level crook
so you are a crook right?
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 3:59pm On May 17, 2017
TheLogicalMind:

You're quite right. One thing I can't stand in life is fake outrage. Nigerians lack the moral right to be outraged when someone chooses to abandon diplomatic niceities and decides to tell them a few home truths. If you guys show this much anger towards corruption itself, people like Robert Lindsey wouldn't have a willing audience listening to his views.

Me and people like me show much anger against corruption and for me that beef is personal because I have been a victim of it on more occasions than I can count and if you check my last post before quoting you the first time you will see my hate for corruption in my post to a nairalander. The world cannot all hate us for no clear reason. Maybe instead of living in denial we should look into the mirror.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by morganwizzy55(m): 4:00pm On May 17, 2017
if no one cannot tell me were ponzi the criminal that defrauded my guys 800k in this recession came from. then the op write up is a crap.
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by enomakos(m): 4:01pm On May 17, 2017
durentchigozie:
you're very stupid for quoting me. Just like your signature, your hearing is impaired indeed
did I insult you? thank for making fun of my hearing impairment I pray one of your kids do not go through it
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by ooshinibos: 4:02pm On May 17, 2017
No problem Nigerians don't even like Nigerians ..its normal

1 Like

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Fhowe: 4:03pm On May 17, 2017
fratermathy:
This post was made by a citizen of the US in his blog. I was really disturbed by it and thought to share here to see reactions. I'll also post some of the disturbing comments I saw. Please take your time to read it and comment on what you think. I have also boldened some of the important parts of the post.

Source: https://robertlindsay./2015/06/03/why-i-dont-like-nigerians/
I DONT SUPPORT YAHOO OR SCAM BUT I CAN AUTHORITATIVELY TELL THIS slowpoke THAT WROTE THIS ARTICLE TO SHUT UP SHE NEEDS TO WATCH FILMS LIKE THE ROOT,AND SOME OTHERS I CANT REMEMBER NOW WHEN AMERICANS WHERE USING PEOPLE AS SLAVES MAIMING MEN RAPING WOMEN WHO HELD THEM FOR ALL THOSE THINGS WHAT HAPPEN TO THE WEALTH THEY GOT FROM ALL THOSE PRACTISES PUTTING HUMAN ON SHIPS IN ONE POSITION FOR MONTHS CHAINED I REPEAT IT AGAIN GOD WILL PUNISH YOU MA FOR THIS YOUR BIAS WRITE UP DID SHE KNOW HOW MAN HUMANS WERE KILLED IN THE SLAVE TRADE ERA THAT WENT ON FOR DECADES .INTERNET FRAUD IS BAD BUT POT SHOULD STOP CALLING KETTLE BLACK
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by banmee(m): 4:05pm On May 17, 2017
enomakos:

Yeah sure. See how lovely nigeria is. Ok. grin
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by CoCoLav(f): 4:05pm On May 17, 2017
They also have their own scammers too, they just dont put it in the media. Just now, I got a message that a bank account I dont even have has been blocked and I should click a link to unblock it.

Their Kijiji rental scams nko? just google rental scams and you will see how they scam people on a large scale. Some Nigerians are fraudulent but thats the same way some Americans/Mexicans/Italians/Europeans are fraudulent. No need to blame an entire race/country as if scam originated from us.

America has a country that rewards hardwork yet they still have scammers. I will only believe Nigeria is headed for destruction and innately corrupt when we have access to everything a citizen should and people still choose to scam instead of work hard. That should be the measurement in my opinon.
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by sirusX(m): 4:07pm On May 17, 2017
mykelmeezy:

its not judging its a fact

like i said earlier there is intentional and unintentional racism

n every breathing soul does it
As weird as it sounds, I've never thought of things that way

That's quite an ideology, even when I first heard of intentional and unintentional racism
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by chiraqDemon(m): 4:07pm On May 17, 2017
enomakos:
so you are a crook right?
No lie all tnose small white lies to get ur parents to add an extra 1 or 2k for u.
They might seem like nothing but they go a long way in defining the fact that ur really not honest. But im not a crook per say, id never go ahead to scam somebody. Id never rob. But there are things ive done that are against the law that in saner climes (ie where lawbreakers are punished accordingly) i might have gotten a month or two jail term, some community service and a little probabtion period. Id say that goes ahead to qualify me as someone with not so straight ways. But not necessarily a crook.
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by GOFRONT(m): 4:08pm On May 17, 2017
Even our leaders do scam us.....Who are we to stand against wat Lindsay is sayin
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by enomakos(m): 4:11pm On May 17, 2017
chiraqDemon:

No lie all tnose small white lies to get ur parents to add an extra 1 or 2k for u.
They might seem like nothing but they go a long way in defining the fact that ur really not honest. But im not a crook per say, id never go ahead to scam somebody. Id never rob. But there are things ive done that are against the law that in saner climes (ie where lawbreakers are punished accordingly) i might have gotten a month or two jail term, some community service and a little probabtion period. Id say that goes ahead to qualify me as someone with not so straight ways. But not necessarily a crook.
I get you bro ,those lie we lies as kids to get extra bucks for our parents all kids do that even Americans
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by fantastique4: 4:11pm On May 17, 2017
GavelSlam:

Is he really?

Can you actually say the number of people involved in 419 is less than a million?

If you have to debate that in your head then that's not generalising.
even if they are up to 3million people, it's not still up to 10percent of the total population, so it's not substantial enof for generalisationm
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by fantastique4: 4:12pm On May 17, 2017
GavelSlam:

Is he really?

Can you actually say the number of people involved in 419 is less than a million?

If you have to debate that in your head then that's not generalising.
even if they are up to 3million people, it's not still up to 10percent of the total population, so it's not substantial enof for generalisation.
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by enomakos(m): 4:12pm On May 17, 2017
banmee:

Yeah sure. See how lovely nigeria is. Ok. grin
hahaha
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by chiraqDemon(m): 4:13pm On May 17, 2017
enomakos:
I get you bro ,those lie we lies as kids to get extra bucks for our parents all kids do that even Americans
I know but minus those ones, we sef know say we don break some strong rules wey b say if naija na better place we for de behimd bars or on some kind probation or punishment of some sort.
But lets face fact, majority of us nigerians might not be outright crooked but our ways are not too straight either i also accept that i was wrong to generalise cos there are many (and i mean many) 100% honest nigerians but i was angry about the original post at that time and i was pissed that the few ppl that have had the opportunity to represent us have dragged our names in the mud. Its really dissappointing.

As for what the nigerian guy said about intelligence and girls. Its true, tjo not for all nigerians but majority of nigerians are like that.

Most nigerians think arguing about politics and reading newspapers makes them smart but its far from being so. There are new innovations in science, medicine and tech and even if u might not use or need this knowledge, its not useless to know. Most of us even find it difficult to pick up a novel that is interesting talkless of the boring but deep psychological books and other stuff.

And as for nigerian girls, just enter nairaland romance section and see cor urself. Most of them are waiting for a guy with 15mansions and 40 range rovers to drop from heaven and take them away into the sunset. Take a nigerian girl on a date and ur car breaksdown on the way, ur done. Suggest splitting the bills, ur broke. But most of them bring nothing but tits and kitty into tje relarionship and when they are done draining u, they move to the next "maga".

I can keep writing about why i agree with most of the post but it'll b boring to read.

I just wish the few nigerians that are able to represent us would do that job well and make the world know that we are not that bad, but wishes are just pipe dreams. Its really making me sad
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by CoCoLav(f): 4:15pm On May 17, 2017
sEGXY2:
Americans are so good at profiling others of what they themselves are guilty of. Our yahoo boys are learners where they are, talk about hacking, fake credit cards, fake receipts et al were all cons started by their own citizens. They've(Americans) now upgraded to pinching millions in the stock market by cloning while naija boys are pulling credit card scams.

Let's not also forget that up till now America is still exploiting Africa particularly oil producing countries even making Africa a dump site when their stupid innovations get rejected by Asians

I can perceive her hurt from her write up, she's probably been a victim of yahoo boy, cry on baby. 180 million people are also victims of your government's mass exploitation

They bring their dangerous chemical products to test on African skin because they dont have FDA approval in their country. They bribe our officials to allow them bring those products in and make our country a dumping ground resulting in outbreak of several diseases. What do you call that?

I am not trying to justify what some Nigerians do but the writer of that opinion-ed is very myopic. Does she think Americans are saints? Last I checkd, white collar crime is still a crime.
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Fhowe: 4:15pm On May 17, 2017
enomakos:
NO MIND THIS ONE IT IS PEOPLE LIKE THIS THAT GO AND WASH TOILET COME NAIJA COME DEY FORM BIG MAN NA GOD GO PUNISH AM HE WHO IS NOT A SINNER SHOULD COME OUT ABEG THIEF NA THIEF ,BAD IS BAD,GOOD IS GOOD .IT IS PEOPLE LIKE THIS THAT WILL GO AND MARRY ONE ONLY ROTTEN OYINBO FOR GREEN CARD ODE
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by enomakos(m): 4:18pm On May 17, 2017
sunnysunny69:
thank you bro
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by freshbear(m): 4:19pm On May 17, 2017
donodion:
It is so baaad ehn...but Naijas should first carry out an introspection. It started with the "selectrd rulers". They practically rob the citizens blind. How does one explain how civil servant working in pension board could make away with BILLIONS and it caught, get only 6-9 months in prison..dazzal....look at Saraki, Dino, Dasuki, Igbinedion, Ibori, even Tinubu,past and present governors, senators, local government chairmen,....look at all the political leaders who are now political god father's... Rogues, murderers, Looters and criminals.They breed Nigerian youths to become Political thugs who does their bidding. And those that could not stand murder, become internet fraudsters,claiming alliance to one politician or the other.

And the Religious bodies are equally in cahoots with them. These fuckers rob the nation,pay huge tithes and consultation fees to their prophets, pastors, sheiks, Alfas, native doctor's. And these are same people who would demand their congragrats FAST and PRAY for the success of their corrupt clients, politicians.

Check the spate of looting and gross anomalies in the education sector. Read how Vce chancellor's run universities and approve arbitrary levies and fees.

Same applies to Judiciary, Health, Defense and Security (Police),etc. Corruption have become a reality and culture in the country.

The rate and degree we have soiled our images home and abroad is terrible. I know many of my countrymen and women who gladly brandish foreign passports and identity now, not wanting to be associated with Nigeria, as the name irks suspicion.

Nigerians destroyed Nigeria and now the world is tired of Nigerians. Nobody wants them around for too long.The good ones are encouraged to swap allegiance and identity.its that bad.

The fish rots from the head.!!!.
So long we continue granting support to criminals and thugs as leaders.Cowing before them and their equally corrupt inhuman police system, DSS, SSS, NPF, the corruption disease will keep spreading and breeding youths who in turn become militants, kidnappers, ritualists, Internet fraudsters, human traffickers, Drug barons and dealers, name the vice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply)

Lady Butchered By Fulani Herdsmen In Abakaliki Dies (Graphic Video) / "I Spent What I Got On Prostitutes" - Pickpocket (photos) / Air Force Personnel Carefully Planned Murder Of Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.