Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,042 members, 7,966,836 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 03:03 AM

Revealed! Real Reason Nollywood Producers Use Ghanaian Stars - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Revealed! Real Reason Nollywood Producers Use Ghanaian Stars (6058 Views)

Emeka Ike Releases List Of Nollywood Producers Who Sleep With Actresses. / Unbelievable - Emeka Ike Names 5 Nollywood Producers Who Sleep With Actresses / See The Extent Nigerian Nollywood Producers Go Just To Sell Their Movies (18+pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Revealed! Real Reason Nollywood Producers Use Ghanaian Stars by THEAMAKA(f): 12:16am On Jan 14, 2010
LOL @ ALL THE COMMENTS!!! LOLOL

stillwater:

I thought it was more about using nollywood actors to sell their movies. For instance Jim Iyke staring in a Ghanian movie in order for people to buy it. How many people know Ghana actors? It's just on NL I started knowing who they were.

Besides both nollywood and Ghollywood produce crappy movies.  grin Both of them need to go to the drawing table. This is 2010.
its funny cause the popular movie "Shakira" that a lot of people love, is actually a ghanaian movie. everyone is ghanaian besides mercy johnson who has the leading role. the funny thing is, as soon as ONE nollywood actor stars in a ghollywood movie it gets called a nollywood movie. lol so i see what you mean.

@mama-gee, you finally made a sensible post. lol-jk
but yes, i think they get hired based on eye-candy, and that's it. people watch van cause he's cute, not cause he can act. so hmmmm. . . nollywood benefits from this one as well.

r231:

bros kool dwn now by d way i be 9ja o abeg
pls no abuse me o jus cus we have diff opinion we r all grown adults abeg ma bi nu if i offend you so gbo jo grin grin
so you're saying this was your opinion all along? why am i not surprised someone would make up some mumbo jumbo that we know isn't true? sigh. . .

davidylan:

hah! Here i was thinking i was the only one who thought this dude couldnt act to save his life. I deliberately go out of my way to avoid movies where Ghanaians act because of how poor the movie ends up.
same here, i avoid their movies at all cost. just recently i started avoiding van vicker movies cause he is always playing THE SAME ROLE!! and he sucks at it. its only majid michel (which i think is the best and i love!!) and jackie that i can tolerate. the rest, BULL****!!!

londoner:

Look, I watch his movies because he is fine, there I said it. If a GH movie is on I will watch it, but I am hardly entertained by them. You can be sitting for half and hour, go and make tea and even become engrossed in convo with another person in the room, forgetting you are supposed to be watching a movie. Even then, the storyline has not moved an inch.

YOU TOO? I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE! that happend to me when watching some ghanaian movies some time back.

nd.gfx:

@ mama-gee
true-word!!!

Time to bring out them "Ghana must go" bags again. Let's remind them how it's color rilly looks like.

[size=20pt]LMFAO!!![/size] HAHAHAHAHAHAHA OOOOO BOY! I LAUGHED SO HARD ON THAT ONE. grin grin grin

@topic
i can watch majid michel if he is starring in a nollywood movie only, alongside other nollywood actors. but usually if its a ghanaian movie and he's there (as much as i love him) sometimes im not even interested to watch.
Re: Revealed! Real Reason Nollywood Producers Use Ghanaian Stars by ghettochyk(f): 12:21am On Jan 14, 2010
baeyy:

To be truthful am tired of seeing ghanaian actors in our movies with their fakeness and attitude, you can imagine that yvone girl saying that Nollywood and Gollywood is on the same level, just that Nigeria has a bigger market, and that why they seek after gollywood actors and that similar to what Jackie said to. They better be paying taxes, truthfully the only one i think is managable is Majid thats all.
I know. Ghanaians always think they're competing with Nigerians, lmao! Before, they were acting Nigerian in there movies, saying "Chineke mee"? wtf? That's Igbo not even pidgin. Now, they think acting American in there movies makes them a hit. WTF? Before it's only mixed people in their movies and Jackie Appiah, now, they got like 3 other regular Ghanaians along with tha mixed folks, since they started merging with Nigerians. They over -do the sex and sexy scenes, and it's irritating, you can't even watch African movies with ur lil kids anymore cus u dont know when someone's gonna whip out a butt cheek. Always showing grocery store scenes so we can see they have shopping carts. WTF? If I wanna watch an American movie, I'll got to da damn AMC and watch it.
Re: Revealed! Real Reason Nollywood Producers Use Ghanaian Stars by r231(m): 12:25am On Jan 14, 2010
@The Amaka
so you're saying this was your opinion all along? why am i not surprised someone would make up some mumbo jumbo that we know isn't true? sigh. .

come on now not you too,,,,,,no its not my opinion all i am trying to tell d guy/chick is jus cus we disagree don't me dat he should be calling me names simple and d same goes to you too pls what do you mean mumbo jumbo like I am the one that wrote the article or something
Re: Revealed! Real Reason Nollywood Producers Use Ghanaian Stars by THEAMAKA(f): 12:27am On Jan 14, 2010
ghettochyk:

I know. Ghanaians always think they're competing with Nigerians, lmao! Before, they were acting Nigerian in there movies, saying "Chineke mee"? wtf? That's Igbo not even pidgin. Now, they think acting American in there movies makes them a hit. WTF? Before it's only mixed people in their movies and Jackie Appiah, now, they got like 3 other regular Ghanaians along with tha mixed folks, since they started merging with Nigerians. They over -do the sex and sexy scenes, and it's irritating, you can't even watch African movies with your lil kids anymore cus u dont know when someone's gonna whip out a butt cheek. Always showing grocery store scenes so we can see they have shopping carts. WTF? If I wanna watch an American movie, I'll got to da damn AMC and watch it.
GBAM!!!

r231:

@The Amaka
so you're saying this was your opinion all along? why am i not surprised someone would make up some mumbo jumbo that we know isn't true? sigh. .

come on now not you too,,,,,,no its not my opinion all i am trying to tell d guy/chick is jus cus we disagree don't me dat he should be calling me names simple and d same goes to you too pls what do you mean mumbo jumbo like I am the one that wrote the article or something

you still haven't provided a source, or maybe you got it off some blog. yawn. . . and when you said just because we have "different opinions" it led me to believe you made this thread due to your OWN opinion. this thread is YOUR opinion. "jus cus we have different opinions" says that this thread is based on your opinion and not some article.
anyway, i love you, so don't make me upset.
  grin
Re: Revealed! Real Reason Nollywood Producers Use Ghanaian Stars by r231(m): 12:33am On Jan 14, 2010
^^^^^loff you 2 sweetie lol
Re: Revealed! Real Reason Nollywood Producers Use Ghanaian Stars by ghettochyk(f): 12:40am On Jan 14, 2010
Many of them are bad actors, especially Nadia. I couldn't watch or buy a Ghanaian movie, but I'll keep it on if I don't have anything better to do. In a movie, at least 3 different girls will have da same hip-length hair style, (what da heck, did they get a 3 for 1 discount?) And now that they're merging with Naija movies, these annoying Ghanaians wanna start claiming movies. This lil girl started arguing with my sister that Tonto Dike is Ghanaian. lol!
Of all da Ghanaian movies my eyes have come across, I've hardly seen any done in a village setting, or have "regular" people in it. Everything is in "Accra". None of them talk with a regular Ghanaian accent. And when they really wanna act African "hood", they start speaking Nigerian pidgin with Naija words in it. Dang, be ur self.  cool
Re: Revealed! Real Reason Nollywood Producers Use Ghanaian Stars by THEAMAKA(f): 12:42am On Jan 14, 2010
ghettochyk:

Many of them are bad actors, especially Nadia. I couldn't watch or buy a Ghanaian movie, but I'll keep it on if I don't have anything better to do. In a movie, at least 3 different girls will have da same hip-length hair style, (what da heck, did they get a 3 for 1 discount?) And now that they're merging with Naija movies, these annoying Ghanaians wanna start claiming movies. This lil girl started arguing with my sister that Tonto Dike is Ghanaian. lol!
Of all da Ghanaian movies my eyes have come across, I've hardly seen any done in a village setting, or have "regular" people in it. Everything is in "Accra". None of them talk with a regular Ghanaian accent. And when they really wanna act African "hood", they start speaking Nigerian pidgin with Naija words in it. Dang, be your self.  cool
[size=13pt]GBAM, GBAM, GBAM!!![/size] YOU STOLE THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH. i agree with every word you said.

r231:

^^^^^loff you 2 sweetie lol
kiss kiss kiss
Re: Revealed! Real Reason Nollywood Producers Use Ghanaian Stars by OgidiBoy(m): 12:44am On Jan 14, 2010
@  ghetochyk

Omg!!! where have you been all these years shocked shocked

Nne happy new year ooo kiss
Re: Revealed! Real Reason Nollywood Producers Use Ghanaian Stars by Spike88(f): 12:48am On Jan 14, 2010
Unfortunately I am unqualified to really talk about this since I re'm not a fan of home movies aka Nollywood but,

I believe there are just as many bad Ghanaian actors as there are Nigerians. Coincidentally I have seen as many or should I say good Nigerian movies as I have seen Ghanaian and perhaps the Ghanians actually take the trade slightly more seriously.

Its a numbers (sales & marketing) game to use Ghanaian actors. Both countries speak the same language! Ghanaian actors attract patronage from the Ghanaian population. Simple, Gbam!
Re: Revealed! Real Reason Nollywood Producers Use Ghanaian Stars by ghettochyk(f): 12:49am On Jan 14, 2010
@Amaka
Thank you my dear. Now, is this Amaka the chef or a different one?

@OgidiBoy

Happy New Year to u too! Have u changed ur name again? You know I've been gone and haven't been keeping up with some changes.  wink
Re: Revealed! Real Reason Nollywood Producers Use Ghanaian Stars by OgidiBoy(m): 12:53am On Jan 14, 2010
ghettochyk:

@Amaka
Thank you my dear. Now, is this Amaka the chef or a different one?

@OgidiBoy

Happy New Year to u too! Have u changed your name again? You know I've been gone and haven't been keeping up with some changes. wink

That's why you should never be gone for long periods of time, Yes this is just one of my names, but I've used this one for almost 2 yrs. Welcome back dear.
Re: Revealed! Real Reason Nollywood Producers Use Ghanaian Stars by ghettochyk(f): 12:55am On Jan 14, 2010
oya now tell me, tryna remember my TX brothers. grin
Re: Revealed! Real Reason Nollywood Producers Use Ghanaian Stars by r231(m): 12:57am On Jan 14, 2010
Re: Revealed! Real Reason Nollywood Producers Use Ghanaian Stars by THEAMAKA(f): 2:48am On Jan 14, 2010
r231:

@The Amaka

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/showpiece/2010/jan/10/showpiece-10-01-2010-004.htm
oh please! that article is crap. all of is pure rubbish.

@ghettochyk
im a totally different amaka.
Re: Revealed! Real Reason Nollywood Producers Use Ghanaian Stars by SeanT21(f): 3:03am On Jan 14, 2010
Nollywood and Ghollywood are all freaking horrible. None is better than the other.
Re: Revealed! Real Reason Nollywood Producers Use Ghanaian Stars by chiogo(f): 5:23am On Jan 14, 2010
The one million, was it paid in Naira or Cedes? lol

Anyway, they're all wack, Nolly along with Gholly(?) wood. grin
Re: Revealed! Real Reason Nollywood Producers Use Ghanaian Stars by SisiKill1: 7:03am On Jan 14, 2010
Van Vicker is cute? Really? Hmm.

Personally, i don't see the difference between the GH actors and the Naija actors. The Good Naija actors are from the older gen. I mean where are the Joke Silvas, The Shola Shobowales, The Patience Okonkwos? What we have instead are the one note hitting wonder kids who think the difference between acting happy and sad is having make up on with perfectly styled weaveon and no make up with your natural Kinky hair.

I mention only the women coz i don't think Naija movies give the men alot to work with. All they have to do is scowl, look confused and arch their eyebrows for a sensitive/romantic come here to daddy look.

The strength of a Naija movie usually rests on the shoulders of the lead actress.

Anyway, so people actually think that Van Vicker dude is cute?
Re: Revealed! Real Reason Nollywood Producers Use Ghanaian Stars by Nobody: 7:06am On Jan 14, 2010
Sisikill,

In ku jo meta at'abo. Are you a fan of yoruba movies?
If you are, then you'll know why I agree with this quote. . . .

Sisi_Kill:

The Good Naija actors are from the older gen.
Re: Revealed! Real Reason Nollywood Producers Use Ghanaian Stars by Nobody: 7:11am On Jan 14, 2010
Lol aren't there, what, like only 3 actors/actresses in GhollyGold? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Revealed! Real Reason Nollywood Producers Use Ghanaian Stars by THEAMAKA(f): 7:12am On Jan 14, 2010
ibkaye:

Lol aren't there, what, like only 3 actors/actresses in GhollyGold? cheesy cheesy cheesy
bahahahahaha!! i did a count on the most common ones, and i would say maybe 8 or 9. but most people only know of about 4. grin
Re: Revealed! Real Reason Nollywood Producers Use Ghanaian Stars by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 14, 2010
LOL, wow, that really is something cheesy
Re: Revealed! Real Reason Nollywood Producers Use Ghanaian Stars by akano1: 10:19am On Jan 14, 2010
nigeria should be happy that ghanian's are tapping from their brains in nollywood for their own prospct of development.
Re: Revealed! Real Reason Nollywood Producers Use Ghanaian Stars by SisiKill1: 10:33am On Jan 14, 2010
Ruby ojo kan pelu. . .lol.

I watch the yoruba movies but i won't call myself a fan. I can't say i'm of any of these Naija homevideos sef but from what i've seen, the older actors and actresses will take the younger accent faking, bad acting, bad dialogue delivery, american wannabes to school and back.

Sigh! They don't make 'em like they used to. Now every pretty face thinks they belong in front of a camera.
Re: Revealed! Real Reason Nollywood Producers Use Ghanaian Stars by Dammyray(m): 3:12pm On Jan 14, 2010
What da hell witha industry of 8-9 Actors/Actresses , its crap, let dem close Gholly or was it called down let dem all join Nollyige
Re: Revealed! Real Reason Nollywood Producers Use Ghanaian Stars by victichy: 6:12am On Jan 15, 2010
I think they are used because thier pay is less compared to thier counterparts.
Re: Revealed! Real Reason Nollywood Producers Use Ghanaian Stars by THEAMAKA(f): 9:45am On Jan 15, 2010
Dammy_ray:

What da hell witha industry of 8-9 Actors/Actresses , its crap, let dem close Gholly or was it called down let dem all join Nollyige
NO.
Re: Revealed! Real Reason Nollywood Producers Use Ghanaian Stars by Dammyray(m): 11:13am On Jan 15, 2010
THE AMAKA:

NO.

But do u think there making money for their industry?
Re: Revealed! Real Reason Nollywood Producers Use Ghanaian Stars by THEAMAKA(f): 11:18am On Jan 15, 2010
Dammy_ray:

But do u think there making money for their industry?
not really, cause the more popular ones (the ones people actually desire to watch like van, majid, jackie nko) MOSTLY do nollywood movies now.
the actors may be benefiting from it, but i doubt their industry is(it seems they have left that place long ago. lol) if people want to watch those people and they're in mostly nollywood movies, nollywood is making the money here. maybe it has sparked some interesting in gollywood movies, but overall, the popular ones are now in nollywood movies. so. . .
Re: Revealed! Real Reason Nollywood Producers Use Ghanaian Stars by Emmyk(m): 6:06pm On Jan 15, 2010
To al my Niaja Ninjas kílódé ti wan fin fi IKÚ WÉ ORUN? Obviously obviously No need any debating on this. 4 al I care I dont watch GHOLLY WOOD COS THE NAME ITSELF SOUND KINDA WIERD!! GOLI WUD WIL NEVA BEAT NOLLYWOOD IN ANY CASE: OF POPULARITY OR WATEVER! Why such Uncomparable Comparism? I fink this thread shud be resolved :-/
Re: Revealed! Real Reason Nollywood Producers Use Ghanaian Stars by Emmyk(m): 6:06pm On Jan 15, 2010
To al my Niaja Ninjas kílódé ti wan fin fi IKÚ WÉ ORUN? Obviously obviously No need any debating on this. 4 al I care I dont watch GHOLLY WOOD COS THE NAME ITSELF SOUND KINDA WIERD!! GOLI WUD WIL NEVA BEAT NOLLYWOOD IN ANY CASE: OF POPULARITY OR WATEVER! Why such Uncomparable Comparism? I fink this thread shud be resolved :-/
Re: Revealed! Real Reason Nollywood Producers Use Ghanaian Stars by Emmyk(m): 6:09pm On Jan 15, 2010
Re: Revealed! Real Reason Nollywood Producers Use Ghanaian Stars by Emmyk(m): 7:22pm On Jan 15, 2010
To al my Naija (Ninjas kílódé ti wan fin fi IKÚ WÉ ORUN?) Obviously obviously No need any debating on this. 4 al I care I dont watch GHOLLY WOOD COS THE NAME ITSELF SOUND KINDA WIERD!! GOLI WUD WIL NEVA BEAT NOLLYWOOD IN ANY CASE: OF POPULARITY OR WATEVER! Why such Uncomparable Comparism? Phewwwwwww. I fink this thread shud be resolved :-/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Basketmouth Or His Brother Who Will U Hit On (pictures) / Italian Models Suffer Wardrobe Malfunctions At The Venice Film Festival / Meet Cote’d’ivoire’s “lady Nice Eudoxie Yao” Whose Booty Is Breaking Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.