Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,842 members, 7,872,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:09 PM

Does She Think I Am Her Maga? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does She Think I Am Her Maga? (1032 Views)

10 Things Guys Do That Make Ladies Turn Them Into Maga / Guys Share Your Maga-rizm Experience / I Swear I Am Ready To Be Your Maga Till Eternity( Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does She Think I Am Her Maga? by VPersie: 9:50pm On Jan 12, 2010
Hello All. There is this girl I met over a year ago. Actually she came to me when I first arrived here and attempted to be friendly. But I was not really not into the whole friendship thing so I was quiet with her and other people that tried to be friendly with me. Later we became closer as I always asked her questions about personal things like sex, family etc. Some months later I was already telling her that her liked her- although I added, as I have done with every girl I have told "I like You," that I did not want to date her. By this time she already had a boyfriend and I was sure I did not want a girlfriend. Since then we have become good friends (or at least, that’s what I think), but the problem is I seem to be the one carrying the friendship alone. On her last birthday, I gave her a pair of shoes and a book, and on my birthday, she gave me a saucer full of brownies. I am always the one that approaches her for discussion or anything like that. I guess that is because we really do not have too much in common. For almost a month now, she has not called me and I refused to call her because I do not want to continue the trend of being the one to show her attention. Very soon it will be her birthday, and I am wondering whether or not to get her a gift. I initially planned to get her a nice dress and a cake but then I think she is an emotional liability as a friend. It is almost like she is taking me to be her maga. In think I am being unrealistic and unfair to her. “If I like her more than she likes me, it is not her fault,” I sometimes tell myself. What should I do?
Re: Does She Think I Am Her Maga? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 12, 2010
Can we shoot, destroy and bury the word "Maga" in 2010? I am tired of hearing this nonsense word angry angry angry angry

I think you need to seat the girl down and talk to her.
Re: Does She Think I Am Her Maga? by jenibayo(f): 10:04pm On Jan 12, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Can we shoot, destroy and bury the word "Maga" in 2010? I am tired of hearing this nonsense word angry angry angry angry

I think you need to seat the girl down and talk to her.

Dat is true talk
Re: Does She Think I Am Her Maga? by VPersie: 10:12pm On Jan 12, 2010
Ok, no more use of the word maga. cool cool cool cool cool cool

But what would I say to her?
Re: Does She Think I Am Her Maga? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 12, 2010
Say you are not happy with her commitment to the relationship etc,
Re: Does She Think I Am Her Maga? by chamotex(m): 10:18pm On Jan 12, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Say you are not happy with her commitment to the relationship etc,

What relationship? They were never into any committed relationship. grin grin

VPersie:

Hello All. There is this girl I met over a year ago. Actually she came to me when I first arrived here and attempted to be friendly. But I was not really not into the whole friendship thing so I was quiet with her and other people that tried to be friendly with me. Later we became closer as I always asked her questions about personal things like sex, family etc. Some months later I was already telling her that her liked her- although I added, as I have done with every girl I have told[b] "I like You[/b]," that I did not want to date her. By this time she already had a boyfriend and I was sure I did not want a girlfriend. Since then we have become good friends (or at least, that’s what I think), but the problem is I seem to be the one carrying the friendship alone. On her last birthday, I gave her a pair of shoes and a book, and on my birthday, she gave me a saucer full of brownies. I am always the one that approaches her for discussion or anything like that. I guess that is because we really do not have too much in common. For almost a month now, she has not called me and I refused to call her because I do not want to continue the trend of being the one to show her attention. Very soon it will be her birthday, and I am wondering whether or not to get her a gift. I initially planned to get her a nice dress and a cake but then I think she is an emotional liability as a friend. It is almost like she is taking me to be her maga. In think I am being unrealistic and unfair to her. “If I like her more than she likes me, it is not her fault,” I sometimes tell myself. What should I do?

Poster, figure it out
Re: Does She Think I Am Her Maga? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jan 12, 2010
@poster
so are you saying that you are this worried just because of FRIENDSHIP?!
you said it yourself that you guys have nothing in common then i am wondering what you are drumming for?

as you probably already know, friendship goes both ways so if she doesnt have the time to stay in contact with you (her supposedly friend) then re-evaluate this so called friendship.

some women will see a man like you as a waste of time and liability because you've already told her that you want nothing else than friendship from her and, hanging out with you might drive all other prospective Don Juan away thinking that you are her man.

whats important when receiving a gift is the THOUGHT and GIVING part not what was given. everyone has different pocket sizes and give according to their means.

ps: as for her coming bday, do not buy anything. people should D E S E R V E gifts.
Re: Does She Think I Am Her Maga? by VPersie: 10:53pm On Jan 12, 2010
I appreciate all the advice. Its just like on her list of friends I am like number 100 and on my list of friends, she is like number 10. That is the cause of the tension. More input will be appreciated before I make a decision.
Re: Does She Think I Am Her Maga? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 12, 2010
VPersie:

I appreciate all the advice. Its just like on her list of friends I am like number 100 and on my list of friends, she is like number 10. That is the cause of the tension. More input will be appreciated before I make a decision.

if you are that far on her ranking then i suggest you forget about whatever friendship you are seeking with this belle.
just because YOU like her shouldnt be the reason in expecting to be higher in her ranking.

if the "vibe/chemistry" isnt there then its just NOT THERE. accept it.
Re: Does She Think I Am Her Maga? by VPersie: 11:15pm On Jan 12, 2010
Yeah, MrBrownJay, I guess I must face my reality now.
Re: Does She Think I Am Her Maga? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jan 12, 2010
VPersie:

Yeah, MrBrownJay, I guess I must face my reality now.
now you know ,your are just a casual friend so what do you expect from her.
Re: Does She Think I Am Her Maga? by elecktra(f): 4:05am On Jan 13, 2010
since she's not really keen on being your friend why dont you take the "leave her be" option,its by force?? maga ko mumu ni

***hisssssssssssssssssssss***

Re: Does She Think I Am Her Maga? by otokx(m): 5:18am On Jan 13, 2010
Maga don pay, shout HALLELUJAH.
Re: Does She Think I Am Her Maga? by 190: 8:55am On Jan 13, 2010
^^

so much for yahooo-yahooo boys
Re: Does She Think I Am Her Maga? by megtin(f): 9:30am On Jan 13, 2010
It,s a matter of choice.no one forced u to buy the gifts,u did dat becos u cared.I believe  friendship should be genuine.bt if u think she,s taking advantage of u den 4get bout her,u can call n wish her a happy bday.
Re: Does She Think I Am Her Maga? by martyns303(m): 11:10am On Jan 13, 2010
Poster is lonely and needs some affection. Get a life dude.
Re: Does She Think I Am Her Maga? by VPersie: 1:36am On Jan 19, 2010
Hey, u correct. I am lonely and need attention and affection. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

That is exactly why I am mad at her for wasting my emotional energy.

BUt the solution is not, "get a life"

I think u need a life. cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Does She Think I Am Her Maga? by Pweety4me(f): 1:52am On Jan 19, 2010
^Lolz stop getting so attached 2 her your "friends" remember and she has a boyfriend get it?and u probably did throw her of with d "i only want friendship" comment dunno. . .i think your even thinking about her 2 much try make other friends and do other things 4get her as per d b-day gift u don't need 2 buy her anything if u don't want 2 u give gifts because u mean 2 or because your tryna express something 2 some1 not because u feel pressured 2 or because of some sort of relationship it should be from d heart out of your own free will. . .u ain't a "Maga" only if u think u r it's not like your showering her wid money & luxuries it was just one birthday anyhow dat's all i can say 4 now brotha! cool tongue smiley
Re: Does She Think I Am Her Maga? by harakiri(m): 6:59am On Jan 19, 2010
VPersie:

Hello All. There is this girl I met over a year ago. Actually she came to me when I first arrived here and attempted to be friendly. But I was not really not into the whole friendship thing so I was quiet with her and other people that tried to be friendly with me. Later we became closer as I always asked her questions about personal things like sex, family etc. Some months later I was already telling her that her liked her- although I added, as I have done with every girl I have told "I like You," that I did not want to date her. By this time she already had a boyfriend and I was sure I did not want a girlfriend. Since then we have become good friends (or at least, that’s what I think), but the problem is I seem to be the one carrying the friendship alone. On her last birthday, I gave her a pair of shoes and a book, and on my birthday, she gave me a saucer full of brownies. I am always the one that approaches her for discussion or anything like that. I guess that is because we really do not have too much in common. For almost a month now, she has not called me and I refused to call her because I do not want to continue the trend of being the one to show her attention. Very soon it will be her birthday, and I am wondering whether or not to get her a gift. I initially planned to get her a nice dress and a cake but then I think she is an emotional liability as a friend. It is almost like she is taking me to be her maga. In think I am being unrealistic and unfair to her. “If I like her more than she likes me, it is not her fault,” I sometimes tell myself.  What should I do?

First of all, you've already hinted to her that you don't want anything serious in your "friendship".She obviously isn't putting any stress into the relationship coz she understands that NOTHING can come out of it. So what are you complaining about? When i say the headline, i thought it was another victim of a gold digger but obviously, she's not making any demands from you so wetin be your own sef? If you like her and want to date her, THEN LET HER KNOW.If you're not interested in her, then let her be and back the phuck off!

This is why I've said it times without number on nairaland that A MAN AND WOMAN CAN NEVER BE FRIENDS! Something has to give at some point. Any single mature lady isn't looking for a male friend unless she wants to deceive herself.She might have a lover boy somewhere and have a few stooges on the side as back up.

Nuff said!
Re: Does She Think I Am Her Maga? by Olami90: 7:38am On Jan 19, 2010
as far as i am concerned she is not takin u as her maga but u are d one donating surplus,displaying,turning urself into santacruz.wen u made it clear that u dont want any oda thing aside friendship so wot is ur stress?u are d one putting urslf unter tension.so get serious.
Re: Does She Think I Am Her Maga? by echobee(f): 11:21am On Jan 19, 2010
gbam
Re: Does She Think I Am Her Maga? by bigrod1: 11:30am On Jan 19, 2010
[size=16pt]@POSTER,
BE WISE
[/size]
Re: Does She Think I Am Her Maga? by kpolli(m): 2:53pm On Jan 19, 2010
who born the maga??
Re: Does She Think I Am Her Maga? by snthesis(m): 3:06pm On Jan 19, 2010
@poster
u need 2b played to qualify to b a maga, u r just a dumbass slowpoke expectin a chic to open up by buyin her gifts.
Re: Does She Think I Am Her Maga? by tkb417(m): 3:30pm On Jan 19, 2010
no idea what the prob is

lemme read again

(1) (Reply)

Help! She Gets Angry Easily. / Oh Na Na: What Is My Name? / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.