Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,177 members, 7,880,671 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:03 AM

Lol: Man Sues His Date For $17.31 Cos She Was Texting While They Watched A Movie - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lol: Man Sues His Date For $17.31 Cos She Was Texting While They Watched A Movie (639 Views)

Man Walks Out On His Date Who Ordered Takeaway Of N7K For Her Friends / Guy Left His Date Stranded, After She Ordered For What She Couldn't Pay For / Twitter User Apologizes To Girl Who Refunded His Date Money, Sends Back The 5k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lol: Man Sues His Date For $17.31 Cos She Was Texting While They Watched A Movie by Nobody: 6:09pm On May 17, 2017
For those who think they've ever been on a particularly bad first date - thinkagain.Brandon Vezmar, 37, from Austin, Texas, sued his date last Thursday for$17.31 because she was texting during a movie.The specific amount, according to Vezmar, is to compensate for the cost of the movie ticket to the 3-D showing of 'Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2

'It was kind of a first date from hell,' Vezmar said. About 15 minutes into themovie, he claims, his date started texting.'This is like one of my biggest pet peeves,' he added.His date, who asked that she not be named, first found out about the claim against her when the Statesman called her on Tuesday.'Oh my God,' she said. 'This is crazy.'In his petition, Vezmar got into the minutiae of his date's texting habits during Guardian of the Galaxy.She 'activated her phone at least 10-20 times in 15 minutes to read and send text messages,' he claimed, adding that it was a 'direct violation' of the policy at the theater and that his experience was 'adversely' affected byit.Vezmar says that he asked his date to stop texting, and then suggested she go outside if she was going to continue to do it.She then left the theater and drove away, which Vezmar says left him without a ride.

His date, on the other hand, maintained that she was texting a friend who was having a fight with her boyfriend.'I had my phone low and I wasn't bothering anybody. It wasn't like constant texting,' she said.When Vezmar texted her afterwards and asked that she pay him back for the movie ticket and pizza, she refused. She cited her reasoning as: 'he took me out on a date.'She said she is also going to file a protective order against Vezmar because he allegedly tried to contact her little sister for the money he felt hewas owed.'While damages sought are modest, the principle is important as defendant's behavior is a threat to civilized society,' Vezmar's petition read

2 Shares

Re: Lol: Man Sues His Date For $17.31 Cos She Was Texting While They Watched A Movie by Nobody: 6:09pm On May 17, 2017
cc Lalasticlala
Re: Lol: Man Sues His Date For $17.31 Cos She Was Texting While They Watched A Movie by femsuper: 6:12pm On May 17, 2017
Interesting
Re: Lol: Man Sues His Date For $17.31 Cos She Was Texting While They Watched A Movie by Nobody: 6:17pm On May 17, 2017
Is that a crime?.

Some people are mad sha, he doesn't know he's making a fool of himself by suing her over approximately $21. Such a petty guy!.
Re: Lol: Man Sues His Date For $17.31 Cos She Was Texting While They Watched A Movie by lalanice(f): 6:41pm On May 17, 2017
nerd alert....y'd you even go out with a Sheldon cooper look-alike serves her right

atleast if she didn't know by his look when he invited you to come see guardians of the galaxy, that should ring a bell cheesy
Re: Lol: Man Sues His Date For $17.31 Cos She Was Texting While They Watched A Movie by jeff1607(m): 6:44pm On May 17, 2017
But he wanted to use her ride to get home
Re: Lol: Man Sues His Date For $17.31 Cos She Was Texting While They Watched A Movie by Nobody: 6:51pm On May 17, 2017
kimbra:
Is that a crime?.

Some people are mad sha, he doesn't know he's making a fool of himself by suing her over approximately $21. Such a petty guy!.
the dude was pissed nii..

the girl was his ride and she left..

sad
Re: Lol: Man Sues His Date For $17.31 Cos She Was Texting While They Watched A Movie by femolacqua(m): 6:54pm On May 17, 2017
This guy don fall our hand, I don't know what to say again.
Re: Lol: Man Sues His Date For $17.31 Cos She Was Texting While They Watched A Movie by Nobody: 7:06pm On May 17, 2017
ak33n:
the dude was pissed nii..

the girl was his ride and she left..

sad
Some guys sha. grin
Re: Lol: Man Sues His Date For $17.31 Cos She Was Texting While They Watched A Movie by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 17, 2017
Re: Lol: Man Sues His Date For $17.31 Cos She Was Texting While They Watched A Movie by babythug(f): 9:36pm On May 17, 2017
He's a brother to that Ibadan fellow that was whining about 4000 movie or was it trip to shoprite sef LOL

I wonder what eventually became of that fellow sef grin cheesy
Re: Lol: Man Sues His Date For $17.31 Cos She Was Texting While They Watched A Movie by Lewaluv(f): 9:52pm On May 17, 2017
Cheap bastard!
Re: Lol: Man Sues His Date For $17.31 Cos She Was Texting While They Watched A Movie by brownhawk: 1:58pm On May 18, 2017
kimbra:
Is that a crime?.

from a naija lady perspective. even the sued one didn't call him petty but reasoned along with him.
Re: Lol: Man Sues His Date For $17.31 Cos She Was Texting While They Watched A Movie by Tynasparks(f): 4:08pm On May 18, 2017
This one weak me sha.
Re: Lol: Man Sues His Date For $17.31 Cos She Was Texting While They Watched A Movie by brandydaniells(m): 4:27pm On May 18, 2017
girl is freaky slick angry angry angry ...like wtf ......she is crazy .........u ought to concetrate on ur date ...or maybe seek an excuse to go out and text .....been there seen that ........u dont fccckn text at d movies
Re: Lol: Man Sues His Date For $17.31 Cos She Was Texting While They Watched A Movie by jashar(f): 5:28pm On May 18, 2017
oyibo don kolo finish sha..... grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

People Who Spend More Than 5 Minutes At ATM'S, WHAT ARE YOU ACTUALLY DOING? / Sex Denial????? / Happy Fathers Day!! 3 Places Our Nigerian Fathers Have Failed Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.