Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,121 members, 7,973,779 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 06:41 AM

Hello Car Gurus, My Ford Escape V6 Consumes Fuel Like Madt - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hello Car Gurus, My Ford Escape V6 Consumes Fuel Like Madt (1476 Views)

Hello Car Gurus. Check In Here / 6 Reasons Your Car Consumes More Fuel Than Normal / My Camry Consumes Fuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hello Car Gurus, My Ford Escape V6 Consumes Fuel Like Madt by legendsilver(m): 7:21pm On May 17, 2017
Abeg guys, I don tire o. The rate at which the car consumes fuel is alarming, imagine fuel 5k got finished from Lagos to shagamu n back to Lagos.

Is there anything I can do?

Re: Hello Car Gurus, My Ford Escape V6 Consumes Fuel Like Madt by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:33pm On May 17, 2017
OLX it grin

2 Likes

Re: Hello Car Gurus, My Ford Escape V6 Consumes Fuel Like Madt by Readonee35L(m): 7:40pm On May 17, 2017
One thing i know about American V6/V8 is .
If you are running straight pipes or your catalytic converter is missing or your O2 sensors are bad.
Your engine will run rich and finish your fuel.

Is your engine running 100% fine.
Are your spark plugs working properly??
Are your fuel nozzles free from dirt's..?
Are you having misfires or engine vibration.
This things will help you find the culprit of your problem.

You can scan your car also.
Re: Hello Car Gurus, My Ford Escape V6 Consumes Fuel Like Madt by IamRespected: 7:51pm On May 17, 2017
Wait oo, is it just me or what? 5k fuel is about 35litres to and fro, is that too much ? Unless am not getting something right, please clarify your exact location in lagos and shagamu
Re: Hello Car Gurus, My Ford Escape V6 Consumes Fuel Like Madt by sultaan(m): 8:24pm On May 17, 2017
You are focused on the amount of fuel you cars is using while ignoring the possible check engine light on your dash, state if you have a check engine light and what code you have first before making things worse.

If you ignore stating that you have removed thermostats running fans directly then there is no fix unless the car is still factory spec car, no modifications
Re: Hello Car Gurus, My Ford Escape V6 Consumes Fuel Like Madt by legendsilver(m): 8:40pm On May 17, 2017
Readonee35L:
One thing i know about American V6/V8 is .
If you are running straight pipes or your catalytic converter is missing or your O2 sensors are bad.
Your engine will run rich and finish your fuel.

Is your engine running 100% fine.
Are your spark plugs working properly??
Are your fuel nozzles free from dirt's..?
Are you having misfires or engine vibration.
This things will help you find the culprit of your problem.

You can scan your car also.
Thanks bro, there is no signal indicating check engine, the engine is doing fine and I just changed all the six plugs last week. My ford mechanic says its OK now that I can travel to and fro but my mind is always up whenever I am traveling cus of fuel
Re: Hello Car Gurus, My Ford Escape V6 Consumes Fuel Like Madt by legendsilver(m): 8:42pm On May 17, 2017
IamRespected:
Wait oo, is it just me or what? 5k fuel is about 35litres to and fro, is that too much ? Unless am not getting something right, please clarify your exact location in lagos and shagamu
Sir, its from egbeda to like four different villages inside shagamu.
I just want to be sure I am not dashing filing stations free money.
Re: Hello Car Gurus, My Ford Escape V6 Consumes Fuel Like Madt by legendsilver(m): 8:44pm On May 17, 2017
sultaan:
You are focused on the amount of fuel you cars is using while ignoring the possible check engine light on your dash, state if you have a check engine light and what code you have first before making things worse.

If you ignore stating that you have removed thermostats running fans directly then there is no fix unless the car is still factory spec car, no modifications
Sir, the only dash board light that is showing is the break indicator but I filled it today so it has stopped. Aside that, no other light shows there
Re: Hello Car Gurus, My Ford Escape V6 Consumes Fuel Like Madt by IamRespected: 10:37pm On May 17, 2017
If its running a rich mixture, you will see a black smoke coming out from your tail pipe, but by this your definition I believe that the car has no fuel problems at all at all

1 Like

Re: Hello Car Gurus, My Ford Escape V6 Consumes Fuel Like Madt by TRYGO(m): 11:50pm On May 17, 2017
Here's my take on this!

*Have your intake manifold systems looked at properly. If you've got, air leaks around the airflow assembly, you'd have a lean situation, where the ECU commands long duration of injection pulse width.

*Inspect that fuel pump. In some instances where the pump begins to fail, the rate of flow(fuel supply) increases.....

*Have that car hooked on to a scan tool. Even though you don't have a CEL showing on the dashboard, the bulb might be dead, so, you might not see the light. In some cars I have worked on, there won't be CEL, but when scanned, you get codes out.

*Other likely reasons have being pointed out by other folks here already.

PS: pls feed the house as your investigations progresses.
Re: Hello Car Gurus, My Ford Escape V6 Consumes Fuel Like Madt by stephcruse(m): 12:30am On May 18, 2017
Everyone have spoken well , check the fuel station , the tail pipe if there is black smoke or vibration and lastly run a scan or call 08038042709 for more assistance I work around igando
Re: Hello Car Gurus, My Ford Escape V6 Consumes Fuel Like Madt by legendsilver(m): 12:32am On May 18, 2017
OK, my mechanic just confirmed to me that one of the six plugs died which then resulted to the increased fuel swallowing but he has got it fixed. He also said the output pipe has no leakage, so lemi sojourn to another journey and see how far it drinks fuel.
.thanks for your support
Re: Hello Car Gurus, My Ford Escape V6 Consumes Fuel Like Madt by sultaan(m): 2:53am On May 18, 2017
legendsilver:
OK, my mechanic just confirmed to me that one of the six plugs died which then resulted to the increased fuel swallowing but he has got it fixed. He also said the output pipe has no leakage, so lemi sojourn to another journey and see how far it drinks fuel.
.thanks for your support

Does the information screen give you avg fuel economy? And does your check engine light come on for about 3 seconds whenever you start the car. How long have you been using it to know fuel consumption has increased
Re: Hello Car Gurus, My Ford Escape V6 Consumes Fuel Like Madt by legendsilver(m): 6:26am On May 18, 2017
sultaan:

Does the information screen give you avg fuel economy? And does your check engine light come on for about 3 seconds whenever you start the car. How long have you been using it to know fuel consumption has increased
I just got the car last week,
The CEL comes up when I ignite the ignition then goes off again.
Re: Hello Car Gurus, My Ford Escape V6 Consumes Fuel Like Madt by diportivo: 6:48am On May 18, 2017
legendsilver:

I just got the car last week,

why do I think u were driving a corolla before and dis graduation to a powerful V6 seems too much to handle at first

I'm sure u were really cruising,overtaking all the cars,feeling the power of the engine purring and answering ur foot as u were testing it's limits..especially at that stretch after redemption camp wink

try and take it slow and see if ur fuel economy won't improve...

meanwhile,once uv gone V6+,smaller versions won't contain u no more grin

2 Likes

Re: Hello Car Gurus, My Ford Escape V6 Consumes Fuel Like Madt by Nobody: 6:59am On May 18, 2017
legendsilver:

Sir, its from egbeda to like four different villages inside shagamu.
I just want to be sure I am not dashing filing stations free money.

Bro ur car is fine. That 4 different villages in sagamu is what consumed ur fuel especially if u have ac on all the time. It's a v6, it consumes more fuel. If u want to use less fuel then try not to floor the pedal too much on take off. If u floor too much it will respond by moving faster but at the expense of ur fuel. Last week I traveled to Edo state with my pilot v6 from Lagos and spent 18k on fuel. My car runs perfectly. The pilot consumes more fuel as it is all time 4wd and bigger than the escape.
Re: Hello Car Gurus, My Ford Escape V6 Consumes Fuel Like Madt by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:01am On May 18, 2017
diportivo:

why do I think u were driving a corolla before and dis graduation to a powerful V6 seems too much to handle at first

I'm sure u were really cruising,overtaking all the cars,feeling the power of the engine purring and answering ur foot as u were testing it's limits..especially at that stretch after redemption camp wink

Re: Hello Car Gurus, My Ford Escape V6 Consumes Fuel Like Madt by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:08am On May 18, 2017
TRYGO:
Here's my take on this!

*Have your intake manifold systems looked at properly. If you've got, air leaks around the airflow assembly, you'd have a lean situation, where the ECU commands long duration of injection pulse width.

*Inspect that fuel pump. In some instances where the pump begins to fail, the rate of flow(fuel supply) increases.....

*Have that car hooked on to a scan tool. Even though you don't have a CEL showing on the dashboard, the bulb might be dead, so, you might not see the light. In some cars I have worked on, there won't be CEL, but when scanned, you get codes out.

*Other likely reasons have being pointed out by other folks here already.

PS: pls feed the house as your investigations progresses.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5335530_img20170518070519_jpeg759b21ab01721a088763bb833440f8bb

welcome to cartalk
Re: Hello Car Gurus, My Ford Escape V6 Consumes Fuel Like Madt by timifakay(m): 7:08am On May 18, 2017
legendsilver:
.thanks for your support
Please record total distance covered during the round trip, top speed, acceleration and braking patterns to be sure it's not just you expecting too much economy from that car. I won't be surprised if your car is just fine.
Congrats on the new ride.

1 Like

Re: Hello Car Gurus, My Ford Escape V6 Consumes Fuel Like Madt by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:11am On May 18, 2017
legendsilver:
Abeg guys, I don tire o. The rate at which the car consumes fuel is alarming, imagine fuel 5k got finished from Lagos to shagamu n back to Lagos.

Is there anything I can do?

At what level is your temperature gauge when driving?

Are your cooling fans running directly?

1 Like

Re: Hello Car Gurus, My Ford Escape V6 Consumes Fuel Like Madt by Nobody: 7:15am On May 18, 2017
timifakay:

Please record total distance covered during the round trip, top speed, acceleration and braking patterns to be sure it's not just you expecting too much economy from that car. I won't be surprised if your car is just fine.
Congrats on the new ride.

I'm almost certain the car is just fine. On my trip to Edo state I put 10k fuel from empty tank and drove to ekpoma. Still did some Waka Waka inside the village with ac blasting and after everything I still had roughly 2k fuel left. On way back my friend took the wheels and it was a straight journey back to Lagos on a Sunday when there was no traffic at all. We spent extra 8k on fuel and got fuel warning light after berger. My friend was enjoying the power of the v6 and overtaking every cars and doing some sharp braking after hard acceleration especially on sagamu- ore road that is not too good. Honda pilot.

1 Like

Re: Hello Car Gurus, My Ford Escape V6 Consumes Fuel Like Madt by diportivo: 7:19am On May 18, 2017

1 Like

Re: Hello Car Gurus, My Ford Escape V6 Consumes Fuel Like Madt by hapheeyxz: 7:24am On May 18, 2017
Are your cooling fans running directly?[/color][/quote]
My Oga, please I need lil explanation on this.

1 Like

Re: Hello Car Gurus, My Ford Escape V6 Consumes Fuel Like Madt by Nobody: 7:27am On May 18, 2017
hapheeyxz:

Are your cooling fans running directly?[/color]

It means do ur fans come up immediately after u turn ur ignition on.
Re: Hello Car Gurus, My Ford Escape V6 Consumes Fuel Like Madt by legendsilver(m): 8:55am On May 18, 2017
diportivo:

Honestly bro, you are right. I was cruising pass every single car on the way cus the road was smooth and the v6 moves well. Now I know the cus, over to #team100km/ph
Re: Hello Car Gurus, My Ford Escape V6 Consumes Fuel Like Madt by legendsilver(m): 8:56am On May 18, 2017
hapheeyxz:

Are your cooling fans running directly?[/color]
Yes sir, my cooling fan functions well
Re: Hello Car Gurus, My Ford Escape V6 Consumes Fuel Like Madt by legendsilver(m): 8:58am On May 18, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

At what level is your temperature gauge when driving?

Are your cooling fans running directly?
my temperature gauge is almost average sir, I can snap n upload it for more help here. Thanks guys, God bless you all
Re: Hello Car Gurus, My Ford Escape V6 Consumes Fuel Like Madt by legendsilver(m): 9:01am On May 18, 2017
greenhulk:

Bro ur car is fine. That 4 different villages in sagamu is what consumed ur fuel especially if u have ac on all the time. It's a v6, it consumes more fuel. If u want to use less fuel then try not to floor the pedal too much on take off. If u floor too much it will respond by moving faster but at the expense of ur fuel. Last week I traveled to Edo state with my pilot v6 from Lagos and spent 18k on fuel. My car runs perfectly. The pilot consumes more fuel as it is all time 4wd and bigger than the escape.
You speak like we both travelled. I did not use the ac though but bros I was flying on that tear nylon road overtaking every iron I see in front.
Re: Hello Car Gurus, My Ford Escape V6 Consumes Fuel Like Madt by sultaan(m): 9:11pm On May 18, 2017
Most American cars a tuned to run best at ~ 50-65 mph 80-105kmph

Stay within that and you might see a difference. Your car has v6 engine not sure how your mechanic decided a spark plug was not working without scanning
Re: Hello Car Gurus, My Ford Escape V6 Consumes Fuel Like Madt by legendsilver(m): 8:39am On May 19, 2017
Hello guys, I am very much grateful for all your comments here, Jah bless us all

(1) (Reply)

Cars: They Don't Make Them Rugged And Strong Again In Nigeria, Unlike The 1980s / Toyota Camry 2000 model For Sale / Toyota Bus, Mazda Bus, Ford Transit Or Volkswagen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.