Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,560 members, 7,885,293 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 07:31 AM

AC Compressors For Toyota Camry 2007/2008 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / AC Compressors For Toyota Camry 2007/2008 (2935 Views)

I Need Help With Installation Of Compressors For Iceblock Machines / Pros & Cons Of Infiniti FX45 (2007-2008) / The Differences Between Manual And Automatic Compressors. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AC Compressors For Toyota Camry 2007/2008 by MrXlim5618: 12:35pm On May 18, 2017
Hello Experienced guys. I was told to change my automatic A.C compressor to a manual compressor, because the automatic compressor packs up easily.

What do you think. Is this true?

I have used automatic compressor for a year. Can't say it gave me the best feel though. Some of my friends are advising I get a manual instead of another automatic.

Suggestions from experienced individuals please.
Re: AC Compressors For Toyota Camry 2007/2008 by thebigkendo(m): 4:14pm On May 18, 2017
cc GAZZUZZ Nurey mosbus mayor2013, honmusa kingreign
Re: AC Compressors For Toyota Camry 2007/2008 by nurey(m): 4:55pm On May 18, 2017
your car will work as if you removed a human heart and plug in nepa light grin

Its better you replace with an automatic compressor back though i know its in the figure range but that will pay you on the long run, the manual will put more strain on your engine not to talk of the butchering and adjustments that will be done to affix a manual compressor.
Re: AC Compressors For Toyota Camry 2007/2008 by mosbus: 6:10pm On May 19, 2017
MrXlim5618:
Hello Experienced guys. I was told to change my automatic A.C compressor to a manual compressor, because the automatic compressor packs up easily.

What do you think. Is this true?

I have used automatic compressor for a year. Can't say it gave me the best feel though. Some of my friends are advising I get a manual instead of another automatic.

Suggestions from experienced individuals please.
Well to me i advice you maintain your automatic system but the case is if the system is contaminated with black oil I advise you overhaul all the parts,they don't joke with compressors that uses control flow valve switch which every call automatic compressor,pls if any body advice you that they will flush the system my brother it a lie and a waste of time bcuz you will end up send another money again,if you still want to use automatic compressor.
but if you aren't financially strong I advice you go for Manual but manual are of different types.
They are some that has the same capacity and performs like your automatic compressor it doesn't affect your engine and it is even expensive than your automatic Compressor,it doesn't demand you to overhaul all the part.
The major thing is you change is your compressor,high pressure hose and condenser the remaining things can be flushed.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AC Compressors For Toyota Camry 2007/2008 by faith2ogesco(m): 8:01am On Apr 04, 2019
hi guys please am having issues with my A.C. the light just suddenly started blinking. if i put it on when the car is idle, it can stall to engine to stopping at times. when looking under the hood, i found out the compressor is seizing. hence as its trying to stall the system, the system disengages it. two mechanics say its a manual compressor. one said its a manual compressor with sensor that my car has (toyota camry 2009 xle v6). i find that hard to believe unless the compressor has been changed before.

my OBD doesnt bring up any issues when i scan. both mechanics say the compressor is gone tho. that i have to change it, possibly the condenser, check for leaks, flush etc. i had changed the relay at first thinking that eas the issue but it didnt work. my question now is how do i know if the compressor in my car is manual or automatic

(1) (Reply)

Advise On This Land Rover Freelander (picture)!!! / Highlander 2006 Vs Lexus RX 330 / I Need A Mini Bus ( Korope ) On Hired Purchase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.