Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,287 members, 7,913,660 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 10:31 AM

Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic (1734 Views)

Lady Twerks After Her Man Proposed To Her & She Accepted. Photos / Runs Babes: An Accepted Phenomenon In Nigeria / "Violence Is Necessary In Marriage" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 18, 2017
Domestic violence is a funny problem because everyone online fights against it and indoors dey practice it

Domestic violence is not an issue of today its something that is done regularly in our society and its often commonly overlooked , there is no Nigerian that hasn't seen a man beating his wife , from neighbors to friends even movies show it, its a common thing here, when kids or young boys see men beating their wives they accept that its the way to handle issues , the fact the social media has made it possible for people to reach out Doesn't mean that it will stop , its normal to nigerians so stop hoping for any change , instead be observant

The problem is the women not the men b4 u eat me raw hear me out

Antelope when know wetin lion be has no business staying in the same house with it - jude 2017

If a woman is dating a man , it only takes one incident for her to know that he is a violent person , maybe one day she annoys him and he insults her or slaps her a normal woman with brain in her head will run away from that relationship no matter how hard the guy begs but when this happens to most women they will stay because of love or they are desperate for marriage if he is rich , they will be hoping that he will change over time cheesy

When you marry a man that has slapped u b4 or is quick to insult u , expecting marriage to change him is desperation my sister cheesy cheesy

If u know that ur man is hot tempered and you're desperate or u love him them learn to handle him , dont talk back at him when he is angry , become a sheep after all you're the desperate person , if ur brain they work u learn to live with it

When u see news or stories of a man beating a woman , don't be deceived the man didn't just beat her for the first time that day , he has been doing it for a very very long time , na that day own u hear

Most women will talk bad about it but when it happens to them they are quiet , the common nigerian thing of no be my matter people go hear

conclusion; Nigerian society encourages it , even our leaders beat their wives , ebonyi state governor lipsrsealed , if a random man beats his wife and he is arrested , he wouldn’t be convicted because even if its a crime they dont see it as one , police will tell him to calm down and na woman she be , in short they will call the beaten wife and advice her to learn to respect her husband

This is us , its the way we are , when we now see threads about it , guys that beat women will be shouting no its wrong as if they are any better , all na internet holiness

its simple my sisters

From you're mad to a slap to push to punch to beating to knife to strangle to I will kill you till he eventually kills you

The domestic violence thing isn't an individual problem its a Nigerian problem

if a man slaps u, insults u or gets angry easily dont marry him run as fast as ur legs can carry u

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by dingbang(m): 2:07pm On May 18, 2017
I think I would blame the ladies on this. They don't care to find out the bad sides of the man they are dating, they only care to know if he is caring. That's all.. Even the devil is more caring than I am..

When you don't know the extent at which a man would react to issues, then I don't think such lady is prepared to marry
Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by Oyindidi(f): 2:08pm On May 18, 2017
dingbang:
I think I would blame the ladies on this. They don't care to find out the bad sides of the man they are dating, they only care to know if he is caring. That's all.. Even the devil is more caring than I am..

When you don't know the extent at which a man would react to issues, then I don't think such lady is prepared to marry
Don't blame the ladies yet, even men are victims
Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 18, 2017
dingbang:

its them like i said , they knw that he is bad but still stay , expecting marriage to change the man
Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 18, 2017
Oyindidi:
how are men victims biko?
Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by Oyindidi(f): 2:15pm On May 18, 2017
itsJude:
how are men victims biko?
Daddy freeze wife beat am. Many men are going through same but won't open up due to shame

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by Nobody: 2:17pm On May 18, 2017
Oyindidi:
Daddy freeze wife beat am. Many men are going through same but won't open up due to shame
lol that one na one in a billion
Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by dingbang(m): 2:18pm On May 18, 2017
Oyindidi:
sure..
Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by Oyindidi(f): 2:20pm On May 18, 2017
itsJude:
lol that one na one in a billion
Some women are very violent though. Sometimes they throw the first punch. Just saying
Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by Oyindidi(f): 2:20pm On May 18, 2017
dingbang:
sure..
Na wa for you o, you no call again. I don wait tire grin
Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 18, 2017
Oyindidi:
Some women are very violent though. Sometimes they throw the first punch. Just saying
na all part of the provoking na

Thats why some men kill them
Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by Oyindidi(f): 2:25pm On May 18, 2017
itsJude:
na all part of the provoking na

Thats why some men kill them
Yeah... There's anger in the land
Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by dingbang(m): 2:27pm On May 18, 2017
Oyindidi:
Na wa for you o, you no call again. I don wait tire grin
no be me. Na the man.. He travelled again to the west.. Waiting for him to come back..
Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 18, 2017
Very true. Nice one Op.

But we're so obsessed with marriage, in this country, that in a lot of cases people are in such a rush that they don't even take the time to get to know their intended spouses. You meet a man today, and in barely two months you're married. I think that's a recipe for disaster. They're willfully shying away from discovering pitfalls just so that they can get it over with as soon as possible.

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by Oyindidi(f): 2:29pm On May 18, 2017
dingbang:
no be me. Na the man.. He travelled again to the west.. Waiting for him to come back..
OK, thanks for your efforts. You for report to me. I go tell you one important one later. I never buy but I trust am
Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 18, 2017
Wawuu shocked shocked shocked

Judeyjude, I'm impressed and proud of ya. kiss kiss tongue

Back to the matter... This should be my first time of commenting on this kinda thread. I don't because it's only a dummy that would fail to recognize an abusive person once you've been with them for few weeks or a month. You don't necessarily need to wait for this person to hurt or insult you before you see the red flag because there's a 70% probability of him acting all sweet and nice around you.

During the week, I met a man and we got talking about so many things, guess my smiling face gave me off as an extremely nice person or something but he was comfortable about telling me what he's been battling with and the whole thing started from him talking back at his mum and some other things I wouldn't want to say here (nairaland is not so faceless). I told him how I felt how the whole issue without mincing words and he said "you are the kind of lady have been looking for" ... I didn't waste anytime, told him he's not the kinda of guy have been looking for which is the gospel truth. If he could talk back at his mum, how much more his girlfriend or wife. It gradually starts from talking back, insults and finally slaps when they discover their insults aren't having much effect.

You only need to be observant of how he relates with others and bambam, you know the kinda person you dealing with.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by dingbang(m): 2:31pm On May 18, 2017
Oyindidi:
OK, thanks for your efforts. You for report to me. I go tell you one important one later. I never buy but I trust am
really . better.. Whatsapp me the product
Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by Oyindidi(f): 2:36pm On May 18, 2017
dingbang:
really . better.. Whatsapp me the product
OK
Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by Modragon(m): 2:38pm On May 18, 2017
Which one is domestic violence...all this stuffs are just to deceive us cus we want to move 2wards globalization and live a life that is not ours...
A woman should make food for her husband, keep her home, clean, do laundry and all.but don't get me wrong the man can help wit this also....our mothers did all this and worked hard to keep the family

Most gurls are lazy dis days, becus of instagram, facebook, snapchat they want to always be online lazing around, I cud rememba a gurl saying I cant cook for my guy..or is it ma neighbour as a young chic, she doesn't even wash her dishes they may be dere for days, she prefer to tk coke and bread and sleep rather than cooking wit the am tired shit but she can chat online for 4hours...

Ppl shud live to responsibility esp. The ladies.am not saying u shud abuse ur wife.,but ppl tk dis domestic violence shit 2 d extreme

STUPID GENERATION...

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 18, 2017
Aderola15:
Wawuu shocked shocked shocked

Judeyjude, I'm impressed and proud of ya. kiss kiss tongue

Back to the matter... This should be my first time of commenting on this kinda thread. I don't because it's only a dummy that would fail to recognize an abusive person once you've been with them for few weeks or a month. You don't necessarily need to wait for this person to hurt or insult you before you see the red flag because there's a 70% probability of him acting all sweet and nice around you.

During the week, I met a man and we got talking about so many things, guess my smiling face gave me off as an extremely nice person or something but he was comfortable about telling me what he's been battling with and the whole thing started from him talking back at his mum and some other things I wouldn't want to say here (nairaland is not so faceless). I told him how I felt how the whole issue without mincing words and he said "you are the kind of lady have been looking for" ... I didn't waste anytime, told him he's not the kinda of guy have been looking for which is the gospel truth. If he could talk back at his mum, how much more his girlfriend or wife. It gradually starts from talking back, insults and finally slaps when they discover their insults aren't having much effect.

You only need to be observant of how he relates with others and bambam, you know the kinda person you dealing with.
how he treats his mum is another sign

I still think that his reaction to an offense by u will reveal alot

My babe provokes me alot , Sometimes she just wants me to flip so she can see if am violent

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 18, 2017
Modragon:
Which one is domestic violence...all this stuffs are just to deceive us cus we want to move 2wards globalization and live a life that is not ours...
A woman should make food for her husband, keep her home, clean, do laundry and all.but don't get me wrong the man can help wit this also....our mothers did all this and worked hard to keep the family

Most gurls are lazy dis days, becus of instagram, facebook, snapchat they want to always be online lazing around, I cud rememba a gurl saying I cant cook for my guy..or is it ma neighbour as a young chic, she doesn't even wash her dishes they may be dere for days, she prefer to tk coke and bread and sleep rather than cooking wit the am tired shit but she can chat online for 4hours...

Ppl shud live to responsibility esp. The ladies.am not saying u shud abuse ur wife.,but ppl tk dis domestic violence shit 2 d extreme

STUPID GENERATION...
how wetin u dey talk take follow for this mata biko

A bad behaved girl isnt a dog that u will beat to train

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by FelixFelicis(m): 3:24pm On May 18, 2017
*sighs*

After so many trolling and attrocities, he put up a women-friendly post.

I hope y'all female romancelanders can forgive him now.

Cc Kimbra and the rest..
Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by Nobody: 3:29pm On May 18, 2017
FelixFelicis:
*sighs*

After so many trolling and attrocities, he put up a women-friendly post.

I hope y'all female romancelanders can forgive him now.

Cc Kim.bra and the rest..
LMAO. He didn't say anything new. grin
Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by Headlesschicken(m): 3:31pm On May 18, 2017
grin If she mess up,just kill her n hide her body....
Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by FelixFelicis(m): 3:31pm On May 18, 2017
kimbra:
LMAO. He didn't say anything new. grin
Damn you know what I think? I think this is a copied but well modified assignment grin
Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 18, 2017
Oyindidi:

gringrin
Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 18, 2017
FelixFelicis:
Damn you know what I think? I think this is a copied but well modified assignment grin
It doesn't matter whether he copied it or it came out of his **** brain. The subject for discussion here has been over-flogged. grin
Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by biz2get(m): 3:41pm On May 18, 2017
So what if a WOMAN, Beats a Man... Emotionally, Mentally.. Or some go physically.

WHAT DO YOU CALL THAT.

Pls make sense.
Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by FelixFelicis(m): 3:41pm On May 18, 2017
kimbra:
It doesn't matter whether he copied it or it came out of his **** brain. The subject for discussion here has been over-flogged. grin
Jude's watery eyes now shocked After all he went through modifying the sh*t grin

Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 18, 2017
FelixFelicis:
Jude's watery eyes now shocked After all he went through modifying the sh*t grin
Wrote everything myself

Not even one sentence was copied

Lol haters
Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by Nobody: 3:52pm On May 18, 2017
Headlesschicken:
grin If she mess up,just kill her n hide her body....
na so its easy to say

Kill make i read biko
Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by FelixFelicis(m): 3:59pm On May 18, 2017
itsJude:
Wrote everything myself

Not even one sentence was copied

Lol haters
who follow dey your haters? undecided oh why not quote her and call her hater now grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies!!! What's The Best Gift You Got For Your Partner / More Details About The Viral Photo Of The Alleged Ooni Of Ife’s New Wife / My Father Wants To Marry My Mother In-law?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.