Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,797 members, 7,905,928 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 09:27 PM

Pay In Person, Says British Airline To Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pay In Person, Says British Airline To Nigerians (850 Views)

Which Of The Nairalander(s) Will You Like To Meet In Person? / Pressure Mounts On Obama To Attend Buhari’s Inauguration In Person / Low Cost Airline To Commence Operations In Nigeria By July 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pay In Person, Says British Airline To Nigerians by sendtodeji: 2:49pm On Jan 13, 2010
I just received a shocking news from a colleague at work. He tried purchasing a British Airline ticket for his father and was not allow to do so by British Airline. He put a call across to BA and was told that he had to come in person with proper identification to pay for the ticket. This, I believe, is another fallout of our being listed as one of the "countries of interest".

Anyone else has similar experience lately? Please, share. Until I hear similar stories, I want to believe that this is an isolated incidence that cannot be generalized. By the way, my friend is a US-Nigerian Citizen.

To travel agents, have any of the airlines issued any new policies since the December 25, 2009 incidence?
Re: Pay In Person, Says British Airline To Nigerians by jaybee3(m): 2:51pm On Jan 13, 2010
no be 2day oh and BA is certainly not alone with such drastic policy.
i don't blame them.
Re: Pay In Person, Says British Airline To Nigerians by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 13, 2010
sendtodeji:

I just received a shocking news from a colleague at work. He tried purchasing a British Airline ticket for his father and was not allow to do so by British Airline. He put a call across to BA and was told that he had to come in person with proper identification to pay for the ticket. This, I believe, is another fallout of our being listed as one of the "countries of interest".

Anyone else has similar experience lately? Please, share. Until I hear similar stories, I want to believe that this is an isolated incidence that cannot be generalized. By the way, my friend is a US-Nigerian Citizen.

To travel agents, have any of the airlines issued any new policies since the December 25, 2009 incidence?

This is no news.
This has been on going for a long time. At least 2 years.

If you are paying for a flight and you are not travelling then you'd be asked to pay at the counter.
Happened to me when i tried paying for a flight for my mum.
Re: Pay In Person, Says British Airline To Nigerians by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 13, 2010
most airlines dont accept credit card payments for flights out of Nigeria.

This preceeded mutallab and you can thank your fellow Nigerians for that vis a vis 419.

dont blame it on dec 25, which is completely different.

Now, if they refuse to fly Nigerians at all, then you can blame mutallab.
Re: Pay In Person, Says British Airline To Nigerians by coolier(f): 7:42pm On Jan 13, 2010
Interesting.
Re: Pay In Person, Says British Airline To Nigerians by blacksta(m): 7:48pm On Jan 13, 2010
I dont blame them - here in the u.k i know of people who have purchased business class seats to Nigeria with fraudulently obtained credit cards - Naija people no easy oooo -

Only God can remove that fraudently blood from us.
Re: Pay In Person, Says British Airline To Nigerians by Choco5: 8:33pm On Jan 13, 2010
blacksta:

i know of people who have purchased business class seats to Nigeria with fraudulently obtained credit cards

You know of them? Are they in your family.

(1) (Reply)

Eko Atlantic City A Reality Or Myth / Soludo’s Banking Consolidation A Sham – Sanusi / Aondoakaa Stripped Of San Title:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.