Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,736 members, 7,898,584 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 03:17 PM

Comedy In Church: A Joke Or A Tool? (the Winlos) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Comedy In Church: A Joke Or A Tool? (the Winlos) (1377 Views)

What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? / Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Comedy In Church: A Joke Or A Tool? (the Winlos) by sayovart(m): 2:15am On May 19, 2017
My wife and I are comedians, entertainers and Youth Pastors for God's Kingdom. We are called The Winlos (you can google us or visit us at www.thewinlos.com)
There is something we need to understand and accept: Comedy and media are part of the tools for the end time church.
I have been on the pulpit for 6 years and I've done comedy for 3 years now.
In those 3 years, the number of lives we have blessed all over the world to the glory of God can not be compared to when I have been standing preaching on the altar.
PLEASE DON'T GET ME WRONG, I'm not placing less value on pulpit ministry, I'm still a very active church pastor. What I am saying is that comedy has not only led to greater access for us, but wider reception, so much that it has even greatly assisted our pulpit ministry.
Friends, people call us from several nations of the world after watching our comedy videos to make positive amends in their life. Some take it further to giving their life to Christ.
I remember leading a boy from Zambia to Christ through a Whatsapp call. He said, I just watched your comedy. I laughed for a while and broke down in tears. Please I want to know your Jesus.
In Jamaica, we got an email from a bible school requesting our permission to use one of our comedy videos as a teaching aid to help their students better understand the subject matter we treated and how it applies to ministry and their personal lives
A black American lady sent us a mail on how one of our videos changed her life. She was on the verge of committing suicide, having experienced depression for a long time. After watching that video, she turned a new life.
Several marriages have been restored, sexual habits broken, and relationships helped etc, after watching our comedy videos with proofs.
Some of our videos have and are still been translated into French, Hindu and several other languages so that diverse people can watch them and the audience can widen even further. Note that we don't know those who do that for us. People from these countries just take it upon themselves to do it because they feel the message has to get to more people.
Several TV and radio stations locally and internationally play our videos to inspire people. An example is Jesus House radio UK. They converted our videos to audio format with our permission, to play in UK and Europe.
The amazing thing is, these videos are not just watched by Africans only but also by whites, Asians, Caribbeans and people of many other nationalities with several millions of views.
As i write this, i am also attending to a mail of a testifier from Malawi.
My wife and I go to several churches to bless lives, acting with comedy on stage. We have seen pastors decide not to preach again after we are done with our act, they are so overwhelmed and they can sense it in the atmosphere so they just place an altar call. We are humbled at what God is doing through us.
See, that is POWER. The spirit of God is at work. We can't explain it. And you still think comedy is a mere JOKE?
I can go on and on with raw testimonies from mails we get on daily basis, but that's not the main point.
I HAVE NOTICED THAT THE CHURCH WILL ALWAYS CONDEMN WHAT THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND
Listen, God's standard can never change but his methods to reach a generation will always vary. If God can use a donkey to speak to Balaam, he can use anything.
In our time, revival is leaving the four walls of the church and it is moving to media, entertainment, government etc. It's not going to be church as usual. We need to be wise and understand seasons.
This being said, I do believe that comedy has its place in church. When tastefully done, it can warm the soul and even heal. The Bible says in Proverbs 17:22 NLT ‘A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person’s strength.’
Nobody has the monopoly of eternity. We all are going there through the vehicle of our different revelations. But let's not be too rigid over what we don't understand. God is still using people's gifts to make Name for Himself. How can He create what he will not use?
Let's get set. Many more ministries are coming up that will be used against Satan in this end time. Some of them will be abused by a few but it will not stop God from using the original ones to make a name for Himself in our midst.
Be encouraged if you are talented.
Get set for a church-less revival.
God said in the last days, I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh
Comedy by the spirit is a tool
The Winlos
Faith. Fun. Fact

https://mobile.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154326261695388&id=733835387&set=a.10152954292040388.1073741835.733835387&refid=17&ref=opera_speed_dial&_ft_=top_level_post_id.10154326261805388:tl_objid.10154326261805388:thid.733835387:306061129499414:2:0:1496300399:5277783812803029995&__tn__=E

Re: Comedy In Church: A Joke Or A Tool? (the Winlos) by sayovart(m): 2:18am On May 19, 2017
More Grace to THE WINLOS, Comedy in the Church is diffrent because it deals with the Comedian's personal relationship with God, you can't give what you don't have we need Comedies that Carries Revelation and that can Only happen through the Holy Spirit ...let every Comedians that have Chosen to use their Talent to the Glory of God, Soak their selves into Him, so has to be given the grace to Tap into the Revelational Comedy from the throne of grace ...Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever ...And God has created all things for His own pleasure ...More Grace to the Winlos and More life Shall be blessed in Jesus Name ..He that has ear let Him Hear what the Spirit is saying ...we need laughter that will dry our sorrows away and bring us to His feet, not the One that will permiate our flesh and not edify our spirit there in the Church, Comedy with Moral lessons, Joyful laughter mixed with Godly sorrow which leads to repentance ...God is always at work ...Shalom!

(1) (Reply)

Anointed Combs: Pastor Adeboye Is Practicing Sorcery - Daddy Freeze / Satguru Maharajji / Why Is Temptation Essential In The Exercise Of Freewill?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.