Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,356 members, 7,881,303 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:18 PM

What Is The Highest Speed You've Ever Attained With Your Vehicle? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is The Highest Speed You've Ever Attained With Your Vehicle? (1344 Views)

What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? / Fastest Speed You've Ever Ridden On A Superbike / Biker Jailed After Filming Himself Riding At Highest Speed Ever On British Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Highest Speed You've Ever Attained With Your Vehicle? by Evidence1000(m): 12:59pm On May 20, 2017
So far so good, I'll say that the fastest car I've driven is the Toyota Camry. The one we Nigerians call 'big daddy' and I must say that that car is a spirit.
I reached 160km/h with that vehicle on third mainland bridge in Lagos. As I discovered that I was losing control of the vehicle, I had to slow down a bit.
So, drivers in the house, what's the maximum speed you've ever attained with a car before?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You've Ever Attained With Your Vehicle? by bsideboii(m): 1:00pm On May 20, 2017
L
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You've Ever Attained With Your Vehicle? by thesicilian: 1:30pm On May 20, 2017
150km/hr is my top, along Shagamu - Abeokuta Expressway. As I was nearing 160, the car started waving and I found myself increasingly needing more awarenesses to keep control. It was then I knew I had to come back down to 120km/hr to avoid stories that touch the heart.
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You've Ever Attained With Your Vehicle? by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 20, 2017
I have driven quite a lot of vehicles.....
Tundra 07 - attained 180km/hr that is actually the highest speed the tundra can go,its a 5.7 ltr engine v8

BMW 550 2005 - 220km/hr that's actually the fastest car I have ever driven, it's a 4.8 ltr engine v8

I have driven several other range of BMW's and Toyota's, but 200km/hr I my fastest ever
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You've Ever Attained With Your Vehicle? by Evidence1000(m): 3:52pm On May 20, 2017
donkilidon:
Tundra 07 - attained 180km/hr that is actually the highest speed the tundra can go,its a 5.7 ltr engine v8

BMW 550 2005 - 220km/hr that's actually the fastest car I have ever driven, it's a 4.8 ltr engine v8

I have driven several other range of BMW's and Toyota's, but 200km/hr I my fastest ever

200km/hr You're the man sir! I can't even attempt such.
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You've Ever Attained With Your Vehicle? by Evidence1000(m): 3:57pm On May 20, 2017
thesicilian:
150km/hr is my top, along Shagamu - Abeokuta Expressway. As I was nearing 160, the car started waving and I found myself increasingly needing more awarenesses to keep control. It was then I knew I had to come back down to 120km/hr to avoid stories that touch the heart.

Lol. It was a wise decision you took there.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You've Ever Attained With Your Vehicle? by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 20, 2017
I can't imagine doin 160 on 3rr mainland bridge. Anyway highest I've gone is 160km/hr with 2005 Honda Accord EOD i4.at Benin ore highway. Car got lighter at that speed with lots of road noise. On 2005 Honda pilot highest I've gone is 140km/hr same Benin ore highway and car was asking for more, doesn't even looking like I was speeding but because it's an SUV I just don't wanna go further. I pity people that go up to 180 with an SUV.
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You've Ever Attained With Your Vehicle? by symbianDON(m): 7:20pm On May 20, 2017
180km/hr driving the following cars:
2007 accord
2010 accord
2007 civic
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You've Ever Attained With Your Vehicle? by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 20, 2017
90km/hr.
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You've Ever Attained With Your Vehicle? by Nobody: 9:24pm On May 20, 2017
Evidence1000:

200km/hr You're the man sir! I can't even attempt such.
angry

My brother I always find my self in a rush situation in many cases,like I just drove 180 with the tundra to the airport (abuja) cause a friend was running late for his flight,now on my way back home, am gonna take it easy
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You've Ever Attained With Your Vehicle? by Evidence1000(m): 10:05pm On May 20, 2017
donkilidon:
angry

My brother I always find my self in a rush situation in many cases,like I just drove 180 with the tundra to the airport (abuja) cause a friend was running late for his flight,now on my way back home, am gonna take it easy
smiley
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You've Ever Attained With Your Vehicle? by Evidence1000(m): 10:07pm On May 20, 2017
angels09:
90km/hr.

Yours is still very fair sir.
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You've Ever Attained With Your Vehicle? by lagosboy3(m): 10:14am On May 21, 2017
I did 160km/hr at two different instances around when I just bought my 2014 Kia Rio and they were on 3rd Mainland Bridge. The car began to float... literally. What I mean is that the steering became so free. It was like one could control the car with the mind. I've never tried going above 140km/hr since then.
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You've Ever Attained With Your Vehicle? by Danfuster(m): 5:44pm On May 30, 2017
donkilidon:

shame on you!!! tongue would have been better if you didn't give specs of the Beemer. on that shagamu-abeokuta road i did 260mk/h speedo pin went South-West to South-East, wanted to South-South but that's as far as it could go.

Beast was a SL55 Roadster, not to mention i had lots of christmas light on. Beast was still asking for more.
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You've Ever Attained With Your Vehicle? by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 30, 2017
Danfuster:

shame on you!!! tongue would have been better if you didn't give specs of the Beemer. on that shagamu-abeokuta road i did 260mk/h speedo pin went South-West to South-East, wanted to South-South but that's as far as it could go.

Beast was a SL55 Roadster, not to mention i had lots of christmas light on. Beast was still asking for more.

Brother every one has got his limit......meanwhile remember say no award 4 d mata
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You've Ever Attained With Your Vehicle? by Danfuster(m): 6:15pm On May 30, 2017
donkilidon:

Brother every one has got his limit......meanwhile remember say no award 4 d mata

don't take that seriously man...i was just giving you sh!t wink. you did good holding your limit.
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You've Ever Attained With Your Vehicle? by Nobody: 7:41pm On May 30, 2017
Danfuster:

don't take that seriously man...i was just giving you sh!t wink. you did good holding your limit.

grin grin
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You've Ever Attained With Your Vehicle? by id4sho(m): 7:44pm On May 30, 2017
I did 160km/hr in Jos express along maraba jamaa to anguldi on Toyota hilux. Rty nw I don't try that, I think it's risky
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You've Ever Attained With Your Vehicle? by Tyche(m): 12:01am On May 31, 2017
180 this Monday on Kaduna Abuja express way.
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You've Ever Attained With Your Vehicle? by Nobody: 1:44pm On May 31, 2017
260 with Benz this morning

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You've Ever Attained With Your Vehicle? by Teeders(m): 6:15pm On May 31, 2017
2001 Ford Ranger v6 140km/h on 3rd mainland bridge last year, truck felt light and I employed my commonsense. grin
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You've Ever Attained With Your Vehicle? by lonelydora: 7:08pm On May 31, 2017
I'm here to read comments
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You've Ever Attained With Your Vehicle? by w808: 7:51pm On May 31, 2017
Golf6gti i did 220km ,very fast car
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You've Ever Attained With Your Vehicle? by w808: 7:55pm On May 31, 2017
I did 160km toyota big daddy but was balance i was even afraid ,i wounder if any 1 can go beyound dat speed becos dat is never balace at high speed
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You've Ever Attained With Your Vehicle? by Emmyk(m): 8:04pm On May 31, 2017
100km/hr.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos - Vehicle Inspection - Increased Road Worthiness - Starts Today 01/08 / Why Do Private Car Owners Prefer Lagos Number To Another State Number / Is It Going To Weak Battery When Play Music When Car Engine Is Not On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.