Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,107 members, 7,887,225 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:21 AM

What Is It With Nigerian Women? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is It With Nigerian Women? (3704 Views)

Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. / My Love And Hate Relationship With Nigerian Men! / What Is The Problem With Nigerian Women For Heavens Sake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is It With Nigerian Women? by ngpatroit(m): 5:31am On Jan 14, 2010
Okay, I am American born, of Nigerian parents, Kano to be precise. Spent a great deal of my life here in the states, but my fam being the freaking northerners they are decided they wanted me to get a "feel" of home, so I spent quite some time back home. Now, 2 degrees and a GREAT job later, I am at a point where I should start thinking bout starting my own family. Thing is, lately, I have found myself loving my country and culture more than ever,  I care more about whats going on, the people, state of the union, economy and all that good stuff, along with it is my newfound love for African women, especially Nigerian. My family is really laid back and could care less if I choose a martian for a wife, and personally, I would love to end up with someone that was brought up with some serious culture, but the problem I have been facing is that Nigerian women just seem to have issues. They front too much, a great majority of em are VERY materialistic, act very immature, cant take a compliment, love dissing guys who have honest intentions. So, naturally, I figured maybe I just dont have a handle on how they function, so I decided to talk to other Nigerians here in NY that I know, and guess what,  About 60-70 percent of the dudes I have spoken to all have the same response, "I dont mess with Nigerian girls". Like for real, no one's saying settle, or lower your standards, but come the Bleep on. There are 6 Billion people on earth, and 4 Billion of em are women, that means there are lots of choices out there. It hurts cos at first, I just thought it was a few, but this is a very common trend among you ladies. A few weeks ago, a friend invited me to a Nigerian party, and seeing that I aint never been to one, I was psyched and ready to dance the night away, but when i got there, I was seriously dissapointed. The ladies to one side, and the guys on another, some wont dance unless you buy them and thier friends drinks, and some just wont dance because they dont know you,  WHAT THE Bleep?  the way I see it, if yall keep up this act, in 10-20 years from now, there will literally be no one available to spend your life with cos us men just dont have the time for all this drama. Anyway's I figured trying to woo one of yall is like sitting with a radio ona hill waiting to catch an alien frequency, so like most of the nigerians I know, I have gone searching elsewhere.
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by SEFAGO(m): 5:36am On Jan 14, 2010
So it begins . . . where is the horse and the rider?
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by chiogo(f): 5:46am On Jan 14, 2010
LOL, I can't relate.

So, you did the right thing by looking elsewhere. C'est fini(?)
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by ngpatroit(m): 5:48am On Jan 14, 2010
Oui. c'est fini
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by OgidiBoy(m): 5:54am On Jan 14, 2010
If you look hard enough you'll find you a Nigerian girl here in the States and even on NL that's not materialistic and has a brain. Take Chiogo up

there the girl is nice, good looking, never materialistic, smart, into sports and can cook. What more can you look for in a girl.
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by Nobody: 5:58am On Jan 14, 2010
Sorry about that, however although many nigerian girls contain such qualities, not all do, then again, I'm starting to think, is it a general culture thing?

Ever since I started nairaland, I've been hearing all sorts of general cons of Nigerian girls, basically the ones you have listed and if the majority do it, there may most likely a be link with this behaviour and the way some are brought up, generally speaking, those who were born and bred there, those that don't just carry maybe one of two of those characteristics, but rather the whole package.

All I can say is why not try other races? You may find your jackpot there, who knows, but If you are that determined to find a Nigerian girl all I can advise is to try harder with your search, contrary to popular belief, there are actually some good ones out there cheesy

I mean, we can't all be THAT bad, some have managed to bag themselves a husband and still are doing so cheesy

Hope you find your 'needle in the haystack' cheesy
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by Nobody: 6:00am On Jan 14, 2010
In times like this, I pray for the return of the virginity threads.
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by ngpatroit(m): 6:11am On Jan 14, 2010
I like how you put it, "Needle in a haystack"
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by Nobody: 6:14am On Jan 14, 2010
ngpatroit:

I like how that's the only thing you could comment on cheesy
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by SEFAGO(m): 6:15am On Jan 14, 2010

That's my word, and it is only supposed to be used in reference to FL Gator angry
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by Nobody: 6:18am On Jan 14, 2010
SEFAGO:

That's my word, and it is only supposed to be used in reference to FL Gator angry
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:18am On Jan 14, 2010
Good you took your search else where. End of discussion.   wink
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by SEFAGO(m): 6:21am On Jan 14, 2010
FL Gators:

Lol, what is that look for
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by OgidiBoy(m): 6:27am On Jan 14, 2010
ThoniaSlim:

Good you took your search else where. End of discussion. wink

Can I refer him to your side lipsrsealed grin
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by chiogo(f): 6:30am On Jan 14, 2010
OgidiBoy:

If you look hard enough you'll find you a Nigerian girl here in the States and even on NL that's not materialistic and has a brain. Take Chiogo up

there the girl is nice, good looking, never materialistic, smart, into sports and can cook. What more can you look for in a girl.
Take ya time, I'm only 12.
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by SEFAGO(m): 6:33am On Jan 14, 2010

Age is just a number
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by Nobody: 6:34am On Jan 14, 2010
SEFAGO:

Lol, what is that look for

@Ogidi
woman wrapper grin
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by OgidiBoy(m): 6:34am On Jan 14, 2010
chiogo:

The bobo is from Kano so your age is perfect. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

** just kidding, don't mean to be "stereotyping" ***
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by SEFAGO(m): 6:35am On Jan 14, 2010
^Hhaaaa
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by ngpatroit(m): 6:36am On Jan 14, 2010
Nice
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by chiogo(f): 6:39am On Jan 14, 2010
LMFAO! Age is not just a number, to me anyway. undecided

Lemme not derail this thread, carry on guys. wink
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by OgidiBoy(m): 6:43am On Jan 14, 2010
chiogo:

LMFAO! Age is not just a number, to me anyway. undecided

Lemme not derail this thread, carry on guys. wink

I know I'm not derailing the thread, The dude is look for a mate and I thought you'd make him a good partner so stop with dey Iyanga angry
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by H2O2: 6:55am On Jan 14, 2010
I feel your plight dude. You're American-born with a lax family so if Nigerian women repulse you carry your baggage elsewhere.
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:05am On Jan 14, 2010
OgidiBoy:

Can I refer him to your side lipsrsealed grin

lol. . . Sorry I'm taken and moreover I don't do Abokis. wink
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by OgidiBoy(m): 7:08am On Jan 14, 2010
ThoniaSlim:

lol. . . Sorry I'm taken and moreover I don't do Abokis. wink

Sit there and be doing shakara the bobo is an Alhaji. I'm sure he has a fleet of Honda Accords in his garage.
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by ngpatroit(m): 7:09am On Jan 14, 2010
Actually, its an Aston Martin
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:10am On Jan 14, 2010
Lol. . . Thank you but I'll rather stick with my Nwoke. wink
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by OgidiBoy(m): 7:14am On Jan 14, 2010
ngpatroit:

Actually, its an Aston Martin

How many houses do you have in sabon gari.

ThoniaSlim:

Lol. . . Thank you but I'll rather stick with my Nwoke. wink

The bobo can take you to press club and buy you all the suya you can eat. Nwoke will be stingy with his money to build mansion in his village.
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by ngpatroit(m): 7:16am On Jan 14, 2010
Got me a GREAT Sierra Leonian, LIVING THE LIFE

Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:18am On Jan 14, 2010
Lol. . . Infact let him be Bill Gates son as long as his an aboki, still doesn't make a diff. I'm perfectly fine with my Nwoke! wink
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by ngpatroit(m): 7:20am On Jan 14, 2010
well, all i can say is unless yall push for the country to split, ABOKI'S WILL RUN IT FOR EVER, LIVE WITH IT. OR COMMIT SUICIDE
Re: What Is It With Nigerian Women? by OgidiBoy(m): 7:20am On Jan 14, 2010
ThoniaSlim:

Lol. . . Infact let him be Bill Gates son as long as his an aboki, still doesn't make a diff. I'm perfectly fine with my Nwoke! wink

What do you have against abokies nah ? you schooled in the north so you must have associated with alot of them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PHOTO: See What My Friend Bought His GF To Help her Keep Up. / How Many States Have You Been To? / The Lies Men Tell Versus Lies Women Tell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.