Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,637 members, 7,941,475 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 07:49 AM

Why Jesus Wept - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Jesus Wept (531 Views)

Why Muslims Dodge Explaining Why Jesus Wasn't Crucified Nor Killed / Why Jesus Christ Actually Came To The Earth / The Reason Why Jesus Christ Is Flogging Your Church Instead Of Blessing It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Jesus Wept by Earthkumy(m): 11:21pm On May 20, 2017
WHY JESUS WEPT
(JOHN 11:1-45)
I have heard a lot of people say that Jesus wept in John 11:35 because he was filled with compassion. But if we take a good look (exegesis) at the context of that verse we will discover that Jesus wept for entirely different reason. And that reason is what I want us to discover and see how it affects us today. Jesus right from verse 4 knew that the death of Lazarus is not a permanent one, so it surprises me when people say he wept because of compassion, is good to note that Jesus was always filled with compassion during his 3 years ministration here on earth.

When Jesus heard that Lazarus was sick, he didn’t border to declare a word for him to be healed (as we know He could) nor did he go to see him. When He heard that Lazarus was dead, He told his disciples let us go that we may wake Lazarus. He also told his disciples that Lazarus was allowed to die so that they (disciples) may believe in Him, verse 14. That’s to say that they didn’t believe in him or their belief is limited, they saw him as a great prophet rather than a man who has the power of life, who is also much more than humanity can understand. They reminded Jesus that the last time they went there He nearly died in the hand of Jews. Jesus knowing what was about to happen at Bethany insisted on going, which made Thomas to tell the rest let us go that we might die with Him. The reaction of his disciples totally showed that they don’t really know Him, despite all the miracles they have seen Him do.
Martha came and displayed her unbelief. But the one that seems to matter most was when Mary came and also displayed her own unbelief. This is Mary who was a sinner whom Jesus saved, who has being at the receiving end of Jesus miraculous power. Despite all she had seen Jesus do and been commended by Jesus for paying attention to heavenly things, whom also it was recorded that Jesus loved came displaying her own unbelief.
I assure you there’s nothing that hurts than when someone you love doesn’t know, trust nor understand who you are. When Jesus saw these unbelieving fellows including Mary he wept, now to know how grievous the sin of unbelief is read Matthew 12:31-32. Only those who believe in Jesus Christ will make heaven nothing less nothing more Romans 10:9-10.
When the Jews saw Jesus wept in verse 35 they said see how He loved Lazarus John noted, but Jesus heard the other Jews making unbelieving statement about Him even though they confessed that, they have witnessed him doing a lot of miracles. There and then John recorded that Jesus groan.
Jesus already know that he was going there to resurrect Lazarus, He know that Lazarus death was temporary for glory of God and for people to believe in him, so like I said before is out of place to say that Jesus cried because of compassion He heard for the mourners even though the Jews insinuated so.
Let’s look at it this way, if God speaks to you now to go and resurrect someone or to go and pray for the sick to be healed, will you go there and start crying or will you go like the boss and do what God had asked you to do? Even when you see the people crying won’t you do like Jesus did in the book of Mark 5:36, where he told the leader of the synagogue be not afraid, only believe?
At the resurrection of Lazarus no single faith was recorded, and Jesus clearly stated the reason for is crying when He said in verse 42 “And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me.” Note that Jesus didn’t say is because of their cry, pain or pity, but that they may believe.
Many of us are still like these unbelieving men and women, who despite what God has done for us we are still unstable and faithless. We run from one Church to other chasing Pastors and spiritual gifted ones instead of chasing after God who gives these gifts. We constantly don’t trust God to answer our own prayers nor trust in our relationship with God. We keep misbehaving like new born babes who need the help of the elders in everything; we don’t believe we can get to know God on our own. Though we depends on each other’s gifts but we have to mature enough in Christ to know where we fit in, in the church of Christ and what our gifts are. Our Christianity should depend on our relationship with God, not on others relationship with God. I believe Jesus still groan for the unbelief in the church today.

May the Lord Jesus help us to have personal relationship with him, in the name of Jesus; I bind every spirit of unbelief in Jesus name, amen!

MEN AFTER GODS HEART
Re: Why Jesus Wept by Earthkumy(m): 6:48am On May 21, 2017
until you believe, you can't imagine the level of peace He gives.
Re: Why Jesus Wept by sinaj(f): 8:12am On May 21, 2017
nice one!
Re: Why Jesus Wept by Earthkumy(m): 6:02pm On May 21, 2017
sinaj:
nice one!
God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Is God Omnipresent? / Pope Intervenes Into Ahiara Church Crisis As Mbaise Rejects Bishop From Anambra / I’m Alive – Don Moen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.