Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,224 members, 7,964,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 04:56 AM

Jonathan Can't Be Acting President - High Court - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Can't Be Acting President - High Court (3941 Views)

Osinbajo’s 48 Hours As Acting President - Punch / Jonathan Can't Control His Wife, Patience- Wikileak's Report / Jonathan Can't Sack Maina – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Can't Be Acting President - High Court by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 14, 2010
It takes only a few just people to keep quiet in order for evil to triumph over good. We have to remain focused on the issue at hand. There are over 250 identified ethnic groups in this country and it's not possible for every people group to lead the nation within a decade neither do I see a need for it. What we have operating in the Nigerian polity at three tiers of government is a system  of power hungry tyrannts who were hand picked by god fathers. According to Prof. Soyinka over 75% of the National Assembly were selected and not voted for in the last elections. Most of our present leaders lack character and have their consciences  seared with the hot iron of greed and self-enrichment. It will take a mass crusade/outcry for a change that Nigeria desperately needs at such a time as this. The Save Nigeria Group has already set a good pace that must be sustained for us to get to our promised land and earn a respectable place amongst the comity of nations
Re: Jonathan Can't Be Acting President - High Court by Frank101: 1:30pm On Jan 14, 2010
Our constitution stipulates thus

144. (1) The President or Vice-President shall cease to hold office, if -

(a) by a resolution passed by two-thirds majority of all the members of the executive council of the Federation it is declared that the President or Vice-President is incapable of discharging the functions of his office; and

(b) the declaration is verified, after such medical examination as may be necessary, by a medical panel established under subsection (4) of this section in its report to the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives.

(2) Where the medical panel certifies in the report that in its opinion the President or Vice-President is suffering from such infirmity of body or mind as renders him permanently incapable of discharging the functions of his office, a notice thereof signed by the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives shall be published in the Official Gazette of the Government of the Federation.

(3) The President or Vice-President shall cease to hold office as from the date of publication of the notice of the medical report pursuant to subsection (2) of this section.

(4) the medical panel to which this section relates shall be appointed by the President of the Senate, and shall comprise five medical practitioners in Nigeria:-

(a) one of whom shall be the personal physician of the holder of the office concerned; and

(b) four other medical practitioners who have, in the opinion of the President of the Senate, attained a high degree of eminence in the field of medicine relative to the nature of the examination to be conducted in accordance with the foregoing provisions.

(5) In this section, the reference to "executive council of the Federation" is a reference to the body of Ministers of the Government of the Federation, howsoever called, established by the President and charged with such responsibilities for the functions of government as the President may direct.

Nigerian madness-A president who is sick for close to 60days has not deemed it fit to hand over to VP to prevent his nation from sliding into chaos and further downward on its inglorious development level, pending his death or recovery.We are now buoying our courts with the onerous decision of usurping a man who has not been able to address or discharge his duties for so long,something that the executive council of Nigeria are meant to orchestrate if they are genuine people and are really in Abuja to serve the people of this nation.

If a president cannot appear on camera and is not able to address his nation for close to sixty days,Is he okay? Even at a time that Obama spoke from his Hawaii holidays because of the bomber incident Yar'Adua kept mute and deemed the incident inconsequential.No Sallah,Christmas and new year massages.He has not spoken to his ministers all this while.How else should it be proven that he is incapable of holding that office.I even expected the Hospital to become a microcosm of Aso Rock but nobody except Turai is allowed to see him.It was our dead man president who was giving ultimatum to Camara and Niger,now look at us!Even Camara of Guninea who was shot in the head is better than Yar'Adua because he took a great decision from his hospital bed, by including the opposition in the government.I wonder if Nigeria can stand without shame and have the impetus to speak to any African country on issues of its leadership in the nearest future.
Re: Jonathan Can't Be Acting President - High Court by Beaf: 1:46pm On Jan 14, 2010
[size=14pt]The battle is far from over!
Southerners and progressive Northerners must unite against this evil cabal.
[/size]
Re: Jonathan Can't Be Acting President - High Court by tope777(m): 2:23pm On Jan 14, 2010
To me the judgement is not too bad but need an inteligent mind of Goodluck Jonathan to act, Since he can perform president duity i believe the first thing is for him to do carbinet reshufle, remove andoaakara, dora,i think he can start from there.
Re: Jonathan Can't Be Acting President - High Court by Beaf: 2:26pm On Jan 14, 2010
tope777:

To me the judgement is not too bad but need an inteligent mind of Goodluck Jonathan to act, Since he can perform president duity i believe the first thing is for him to do carbinet reshufle, remove andoaakara, dora,i think he can start from there.

That judgement does not give him any power. It is essentially saying that what has been going is ok. That is why Aondoakaa is happy with it.
Re: Jonathan Can't Be Acting President - High Court by toyecoach(m): 2:32pm On Jan 14, 2010
Re: Jonathan Can't Be Acting President - High Court

God help Nigeria,we are heading towards, ,
Lets pray that Pasor E.A Adeboye's predictiction about the suspension
of the Nigeria constitution wont come to pass,please God help Nigeria.

[url][url][color=#990000]oil and gas?[/colorhttp://www.eclatcareer..com
Re: Jonathan Can't Be Acting President - High Court by na2day(m): 2:38pm On Jan 14, 2010
, and i was thinking of relocating back home,  cry
when exactly are we going to get it right? angry
Re: Jonathan Can't Be Acting President - High Court by HelenCool: 2:57pm On Jan 14, 2010
I know very sure that the whole thing will be manipulated by the CORRUPT LEADERS! I'm never surprised because I know the truth is not in them at all; they'll never comply with the constitution because of their CORRUPTION & GREEDINESS, BUT I'M SURE THAT SUDDENLY SHALL THEY BE WOUNDED - GOD WILL REWARD THEM ACCORDING TO THE WORKS OF THEIR HANDS.

BEWARNED!! GOD'S WRATH IS COMIN' UPON THE CORRUPT LEADERS IN NIGERIA!!!!!
Re: Jonathan Can't Be Acting President - High Court by na2day(m): 3:10pm On Jan 14, 2010
Its the suffering people of 9ja i pity, imagine bearing all these rubbish and really no mass action, u dare not try these kind of thing in a country like india! angry
There they commit suicide to make a statement!
Trust 9jarians no one wants to die and thats is the reason why we are where we are today!
Re: Jonathan Can't Be Acting President - High Court by SeXyBoNE: 3:16pm On Jan 14, 2010
I SORRY FOR THIS COUNTRY
Re: Jonathan Can't Be Acting President - High Court by Meldrick(m): 3:21pm On Jan 14, 2010
NIGERIA- THE ONLY COUNTRY AN ELEPHANT CAN FLY.

So painful that with all the years invested into the legal profession, our judges have lost every form of integrity. There is no differnce between these judges and the policeman that collect 20 naira on road blocks. A shame.

@ na2day

Jonathan is not weak. He is only been diplomatic so as to avoid a repitition of the OBJ and ATIKU misunderstanding. What is his will definetly get to him at the right time.
Re: Jonathan Can't Be Acting President - High Court by na2day(m): 3:29pm On Jan 14, 2010
Meldrick:

NIGERIA- THE ONLY COUNTRY AN ELEPHANT CAN FLY.

So painful that with all the years invested into the legal profession, our judges have lost every form of integrity. There is no differnce between these judges and the policeman that collect 20 naira on road blocks. A shame.

@ na2day

Jonathan is not weak. He is only been diplomatic so as to avoid a repitition of the OBJ and ATIKU misunderstanding. What is his will definetly get to him at the right time.

i believe the reason why everybody is canvassing for jonathan is just to uphold the sacredness of the constitution, but we should also know that he is not better than d rest, THEY ARE ALL THESAME! angry
Re: Jonathan Can't Be Acting President - High Court by Kobojunkie: 3:33pm On Jan 14, 2010
na2day!:

i believe the reason why everybody is canvassing for jonathan is just to uphold the sacredness of the constitution, but we should also know that he is not better than d rest, THEY ARE ALL THESAME! angry

Would we not be upholding the sacredness if we demand both President and VP resign, get 3 months of the other goon so we can start afresh with fresh elections in 3 months and possibly amendment of the constitution to help avoid this sort of nonsense ever happening again?

What are we? Punching bags, or something, that we have to FORCE ourselves to endure 1.5 more years or even 6 more of these goof balls in office? Why not cut that all short and go with the 3 months to a new slate deal which the same constitution offers us?
Re: Jonathan Can't Be Acting President - High Court by Onwan: 3:45pm On Jan 14, 2010
"Save" Nigeria group is a fraud, and that disillutioned idiot called Soyinka is senile, you guys should get your facts right.

Nigeria is a unique country, how it develops is not, has never been and will never be due to any law-suit, constitution OR "prediction" by money mongering "Pastors". The country will come out the way it will for the better, it takes time, not that paid "struggle"
Re: Jonathan Can't Be Acting President - High Court by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 14, 2010
Waooooooooooo
Re: Jonathan Can't Be Acting President - High Court by Reptyle(m): 5:12pm On Jan 14, 2010
So all that the Judgement said is what we already know: Jonathan as VP can exercise presidential powers. But only after due consultation and authorization from "President" Yar'a'dullard. So he can sign documents and take presidential decisions only after they have been approved by the missing president. What is new?

As acting President, he assumes full executive powers as the defacto president. he can take decisions including ordering the army to war and changing the cabinet without consulting anyone. presently, his status has not changed one bit and as Falana's case seeks to prove, all decisions taken under his watch are illegal, null and void!!!
Re: Jonathan Can't Be Acting President - High Court by chosen04(f): 5:56pm On Jan 14, 2010
Beaf:

[size=14pt]The battle is far from over!
Southerners and progressive Northerners must unite against this evil cabal.
[/size]

I laugh in BOKO HARAM language!
Do we have progressive northerners when it comes to sucking naija dry?
Re: Jonathan Can't Be Acting President - High Court by tsunami4ve: 7:01pm On Jan 14, 2010
My honourable contribution is that:

if you nigerians on nairaland are reasonable enough,
you will know that ,at this moment,silence is the best revolution that nigeria needs
because whether we talk or not it seems that the embecile politicians think us stupid.
therefore,keep them quit for a while and lets see if they are still going to be pushing us around.

Truth be said,these fucker dont even know the essence of governance.
Re: Jonathan Can't Be Acting President - High Court by sweet9ja: 7:13pm On Jan 14, 2010
The situation in 9ja is both absurd and potentially dangerous. If Mr Yar'Adua is a man of integrity and "rule of law" he should quickly resign and save the nation from an impending catastrophe. Moreover,  the constitution must not only be amended, but South-southerners must agitate more aggressively for resource control and confederation. , yes, confederation! We just can't continue like this, this is not the Sprite of ONE Nigeria!
Re: Jonathan Can't Be Acting President - High Court by preselect(m): 7:55pm On Jan 14, 2010
[size=18pt]sorry sorry o
i sorry for nigeria
i sorry for africa[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWfPuF-myaY
Re: Jonathan Can't Be Acting President - High Court by johnson11(m): 10:27pm On Jan 14, 2010
Onwan:

"Save" Nigeria group is a fraud, and that disillutioned slowpoke called Soyinka is senile, you guys should get your facts right.

Nigeria is a unique country, how it develops is not, has never been and will never be due to any law-suit, constitution OR "prediction" by money mongering "Pastors". The country will come out the way it will for the better, it takes time, not that paid "struggle"

Onwan, YOU ARE THE BIGGEST FOOL I HAVE EVER SEE, YOU ARE SO DRAFT THAT YARADUA IS EVEN MORE WISER THAN YOU
Re: Jonathan Can't Be Acting President - High Court by MrCrackles(m): 10:29pm On Jan 14, 2010
Jonathan who is no better than an effigy wants to become president shocked. . . . I laugh in merengue . . .
Jonathan plus Yaradua should be bundled out of Aso Rock if Nigeria wants to move forward. . . . .
Re: Jonathan Can't Be Acting President - High Court by oiseworld: 11:04pm On Jan 14, 2010
@onwan
YOU ARE A WASTE TO THIS COUNTRY.
Re: Jonathan Can't Be Acting President - High Court by xterra2(m): 11:35pm On Jan 14, 2010
NAIJA $ LYFE MEHN!!
This is absolutely bullshiting if jonathan cant be then atleast he can excerse his powers oh yes!!But what?those PDP(ppverty deveopment party) has the stupid guts to say that he cant Holy crap!!!
This is way out of line,lets look for some boko haram people to bomb national assemby and wadata plaza(PDP office as @ now,b4 building a N10 billion edifice in Abuja)-but my job is easier as there is a BOKO HARAM member here on Nairaland. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Can't Be Acting President - High Court by Kobojunkie: 11:37pm On Jan 14, 2010
xterra2:

NAIJA $ LYFE MEHN!!
This is absolutely bullshiting if jonathan cant be then atleast he can excerse his powers oh yes!!But what?those PDP(ppverty deveopment party) has the silly guts to say that he cant Holy crap!!!
This is way out of line,lets look for some boko haram people to bomb national assemby and wadata plaza(PDP office as @ now,b4 building a N10 billion edifice in Abuja)-but my job is easier as there is a BOKO HARAM member here on Nairaland. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Correction ---Jonathan is also PDP!
Re: Jonathan Can't Be Acting President - High Court by asha80(m): 11:46pm On Jan 14, 2010
Re: Jonathan Can't Be Acting President - High Court by cmooa: 11:47am On Jan 16, 2010
hmmmmmmmmmm. Awolowo: the best president Nigeria never had, Abiola: I regret annulling June 12, Gani Fawehinmi , Now Wole Soyika. I was deeply upset to see this name in this forum, and in this form. When is Nigeria going to be great? why must we wait till we lost a gem before we eulogize them? when are we going to concentrate our forces together for the growth of this country irrespective of where you come from? With all the years that the north has ruled this country, which zone is the most developed and why? What is the educational level index in the north,west,east and south? why the gap? I am from the North and I know what I am talking about. Whomever rule this country: let us have good road network , 24/7/365 power supply and security. Let them forget food. Nigerians are farmers from the grassroots. Friends and fellow Nigerian, let us leave these great men and women like Wole Soyinka alone. they are accomplished men and women that have never been Ministers or Presidents before. They worked hard, not via the aids provided by this country, but by their sweats. They were recognized not through Nigerian template, but through personal accomplishment. How many Leaders of Nigeria has earned positive global recognition?
Yet they have/have had access to the state resources as spring board. Obama, while serving, earned such award. Instead of guarding the presidency, why cant we put our constitution in the best form and enhance the rule of law. I feell deeply sorry. Some great men and women of this Nation started fighting for the good course of this country and they may not see it till they die. Our generation, what are we doing even now that we have access to communication resources that our fore-fathers never had? Stop antagonizing yourselves, let us be objective. Peace, No Peace, bla,bla,bla. Stop all that, then ask yourself, Are our roads ok?, Do we have access to 24/7/365 Power Supply?, What is the security level in this nation? If Nigeria is not cursed, let us answered these questions objectively and then ask yourself why is it so? and what can we do. I ask you, if an Ibo man rule this country and every Nigerian have access to good road, power supply and security, what does it matter to me as a northerner? We are the younger generation, our immediate older generation has performed below expections, I beseech you that we should cut off from their ways. Let us design our own way and form an avalanche of positive force that will drive this country positively forward. We should stop personalizing who is president or vice. We should see our constitution as our president, governors,vices,senators,,
Re: Jonathan Can't Be Acting President - High Court by Mublock90: 11:57am On Jan 16, 2010
Its a shame there are always Idiots like "chosen04" never'less we shall prevail. I believe there is so much politicking that is going on Nigerians are unawares to. Jonathan should rise to "acting president" thats a fact but there's that fear of his obasanjo-allegiance. Sha what can we do, ?
Re: Jonathan Can't Be Acting President - High Court by zionism: 7:11pm On Jan 16, 2010
i'm sori to say: Onwan must be very stupid and insane to hav posted dat comment about Goodluck, soyinka, falana and late Gani. if u don't know wat 2 say, do urself a gud by shuttin ur mouth up, lol
Re: Jonathan Can't Be Acting President - High Court by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 16, 2010
Nigerians, we tend to exacerbate issues alot most times, instead of contributing our quota to gradual dev.
What a NATION!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SNG Sues GEJ &, Security Chiefs Over Fuel Subsidy Removal / Ohanaeze Youths On War Path With Igbo Elders Over Gifts From Mr. President. PICS / GEJ's New Nigeria: NRC Lures Elites To The Tracks With New-look Trains (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.