Stats: 3,178,200 members, 7,903,935 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 02:34 AM

S-east Senators Tackle Amaechi Over Omission Of S-east, S-S From Rail Corridor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / S-east Senators Tackle Amaechi Over Omission Of S-east, S-S From Rail Corridor (1478 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Meets With South-East Senators (Video, Photos) / South-East Senators Caution Nnamdi Kanu On Bail Conditions / Nnamdi Kanu Meets With South-East Senators & Ex Governors (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

S-east Senators Tackle Amaechi Over Omission Of S-east, S-S From Rail Corridor by sonsomegrigbo: 8:04am On May 22, 2017
By Henry Umoru
ABUJA—SOUTH-East Senate Caucus, yesterday, took a swipe at the Minister of Transportation, Mr Chibuike Amaechi, over the alleged deliberate exclusion of the Eastern corridor of Nigeria’s rail lines from the proposed $5.8 billion loan from China Exim Bank by the Federal Government.
Minister of Transportation, Mr Chibuike Amaechi and chairman, South-East Senate Caucus, Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe
In a statement yesterday, by chairman, South-East Senate Caucus, Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe, the Senators asked Amaechi to explain why the South-East corridor was scheduled for concessionaires to build while other rail line corridors in other parts of the country would be built with funds borrowed by the Federal Government which every part of the country would pay.
It would be recalled that Abaribe had last week raised alarm that the South-East, South-South corridors were omitted in the $5.8 billion China Exim Bank loan sought by the Federal Government to develop rail lines in parts of the country.
Reacting to a press statement issued by the Federal Ministry of Transportation that the South-East zone was not omitted as alleged by the Senate, as Aba and Onitsha are among towns covered by the coastal railway corridor, Senator Abaribe, who sponsored the motion in the Senate said: “My motion is not only about the South-East, but about the second major railway corridor in Nigeria, built by the British, which covers South-South, South-East, North-Central and North-East.
“The corridor is from Port Harcourt to Maiduguri, it covers over 100 towns and major cities, not about Aba or Onitsha, far from it. It industrialized many cities and gave jobs directly and indirectly to thousands.
“In addition, the letter from Mr. President seeking for expedited action on approval of the loan did not specify when the eastern corridor would be modernized.
“It said negotiations are on to get a concessionaire for the eastern line. In other words, while we borrow for the western line, we must wait to get some entity interested to concession the eastern line.”
Asked, why the railway corridor cannot wait for next phase as proposed by Senator Gbenga Ashafa, Abaribe said: “If it is our collective money saved out of our earnings, we can wait for the next season, but since it is collective debt, why don’t we endeavour to borrow enough and stimulate the growth of every region at the same period?
“Don’t you know that railways, more than any other infrastructure, is critical to the growth of the economy. It is a big catalyst for the creation of jobs and creation of new towns.
“Besides, all those on the over 100 towns and villages served by the eastern line would suffer double jeopardy by paying twice. One for the collective debt and also for the concession costs which would be borne solely by them.”
“What must be done now; It is my candid view that the Federal Ministry of Transport should approach the Chinese Exim bank or any other source to raise the requisite funds to execute the Port Harcourt – Maiduguri Railway Corridor; what is good for the goose is good for the gander.
“When the Federal Government constructs the standard gauge for Lagos-Kano and leave the Eastern Corridor empty, how do we convince Boko Haram and IPOB boys that they are not marginalized and excluded?”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/s-east-senators-tackle-amaechi-over-omission-of-s-east-s-south-from-rail-corridor/

Re: S-east Senators Tackle Amaechi Over Omission Of S-east, S-S From Rail Corridor by Benekruku(m): 8:17am On May 22, 2017
Still wont change the route of the rail-line

Dudes still arent aware what they in for.

Re: S-east Senators Tackle Amaechi Over Omission Of S-east, S-S From Rail Corridor by Nobody: 8:41am On May 22, 2017
Amaechi is an idiot.... I bet it he will go on exil when he cannot smell power anymore, he is so hated in SS and SE, I have never seen a man who works against his ppl.

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: S-east Senators Tackle Amaechi Over Omission Of S-east, S-S From Rail Corridor by sonsomegrigbo: 8:52am On May 22, 2017
AwiLand:
Amaechi is an idiot.... I bet it he will go on exil when he cannot smell power anymore, he is so hated in SS and SE, I have never seen a man who works against his ppl.

Sharaaaaaaaaaaaap..

gerrara hia

Re: S-east Senators Tackle Amaechi Over Omission Of S-east, S-S From Rail Corridor by diablos: 9:03am On May 22, 2017
Hahahaha...d lizard of ubima in d news again. What a clueless lizard grin

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: S-east Senators Tackle Amaechi Over Omission Of S-east, S-S From Rail Corridor by irepnaija4eva(m): 9:40am On May 22, 2017
Asked, why the railway corridor cannot wait for next phase as proposed by Senator Gbenga Ashafa, Abaribe said: “If it is our collective money saved out of our earnings, we can wait for the next season, but since it is collective debt, why don’t we endeavour to borrow enough and stimulate the growth of every region at the same period?
“Don’t you know that railways, more than any other infrastructure, is critical to the growth of the economy. It is a big catalyst for the creation of jobs and creation of new towns.
“Besides, all those on the over 100 towns and villages served by the eastern line would suffer double jeopardy by paying twice. One for the collective debt and also for the concession costs which would be borne solely by them.”
“What must be done now; It is my candid view that the Federal Ministry of Transport should approach the Chinese Exim bank or any other source to raise the requisite funds to execute the Port Harcourt – Maiduguri Railway Corridor; what is good for the goose is good for the gander.
“When the Federal Government constructs the standard gauge for Lagos-Kano and leave the Eastern Corridor empty, how do we convince Boko Haram and IPOB boys that they are not marginalized and excluded?”

Senator Abaribe may God Almighty in heaven bless you,protect you and give you the grace to reap the fruit of all your labour Amen.
Your will soar on tempest winds,
You will sail on troubled waters,
And nothing shall thy enemy do to harm you.
I ga ejeje na abata..I seeeeee.

As for you Amechi,
The thunder wey go fire you dey go check hm jamb result.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: S-east Senators Tackle Amaechi Over Omission Of S-east, S-S From Rail Corridor by mrvitalis(m): 10:16am On May 22, 2017
AwiLand:

Are u aware this project was initiated by Jonathan adminstration ?? ...buhari only reduced the total cost by $700 million

So who is the idiot the Igbo's who were in Jonathan's government or ameachi ??

Re: S-east Senators Tackle Amaechi Over Omission Of S-east, S-S From Rail Corridor by obyrich(m): 11:06am On May 22, 2017
grin.Abaraibe

Re: S-east Senators Tackle Amaechi Over Omission Of S-east, S-S From Rail Corridor by Nobody: 11:10am On May 22, 2017
mrvitalis:

Are u aware this project was initiated by Jonathan adminstration ?? ...buhari only reduced the total cost by $700 million

So who is the idiot the Igbo's who were in Jonathan's government or ameachi ??

Shuuuuut uuuupppppp!!!!!

Did u guys not say that apc-pmb came to correct every misrule of gej?

Is it not madness that your 'god' who came to save nigeria from gej/pdp is towing the same line and descision taken by the same man and party he came to save us from?

U guys said that gej was a failure right? U now said that gej initiated this project to also exclude SE. Why must your 'god' pmb, continue with this if gej was a failure? Does it not show that your 'god' is a disgrace?

Re: S-east Senators Tackle Amaechi Over Omission Of S-east, S-S From Rail Corridor by vecman22(m): 11:31am On May 22, 2017
If I were to b pmb I swear SE won't even see kobo from dis country,there god(GEJ) dey so loved should have taken care of all there needs...

Re: S-east Senators Tackle Amaechi Over Omission Of S-east, S-S From Rail Corridor by vecman22(m): 11:40am On May 22, 2017
AwiLand:

Amaech is bigger Dan ojukwu,so trust me he can't go on exile.. wike is not even his match...don't forget his same man who dealt with a sitting President n his pig of a wife..so who dah f would make a whole lion of man go on exile

Re: S-east Senators Tackle Amaechi Over Omission Of S-east, S-S From Rail Corridor by mrvitalis(m): 12:01pm On May 22, 2017
jusRadical:

Shuuuuut uuuupppppp!!!!!

Is it not madness that your 'god' who came to save nigeria from gej/pdp is towing the same line and descision taken by the same man and party he came to save us from?

U guys said that gej was a failure right? U now said that gej initiated this project to also exclude SE. Why must your 'god' pmb, continue with this if gej was a failure? Does it not show that your 'god' is a disgrace?

Ur comprehensive sense is very poor

Re: S-east Senators Tackle Amaechi Over Omission Of S-east, S-S From Rail Corridor by leofab(f): 12:16pm On May 22, 2017
Yeye
Re: S-east Senators Tackle Amaechi Over Omission Of S-east, S-S From Rail Corridor by dreamwords: 12:25pm On May 22, 2017
amaechi always in favour of his paymasters
to the detriment of his people

Re: S-east Senators Tackle Amaechi Over Omission Of S-east, S-S From Rail Corridor by adadike281(f): 12:26pm On May 22, 2017
amaechi think say he is dealing with amala and ewedu senators. amaechi, eyinnaya is complete nwa aba,no go do gra gra for him or he will put u in your rightful place. I did not nick name him nwoke ike (strong man) for nothing.

Re: S-east Senators Tackle Amaechi Over Omission Of S-east, S-S From Rail Corridor by tribalistseun: 2:08pm On May 22, 2017
I don talk am, make we break-up this country into 3 or 4
Re: S-east Senators Tackle Amaechi Over Omission Of S-east, S-S From Rail Corridor by senatorizyking(m): 2:56pm On May 22, 2017
Very distinguished senator from obingwa abia state... I am proud of this illustrious son of Ngwaland because of your selfless fight for justice.

Thank you ! Thank you ! You are far too kind !
Re: S-east Senators Tackle Amaechi Over Omission Of S-east, S-S From Rail Corridor by Feraz(m): 3:05pm On May 22, 2017
vecman22:
If I were to b pmb I swear SE won't even see kobo from dis country,there god(GEJ) dey so loved should have taken care of all there needs...
So the North that voted him in, did he not do something for them also? Why were they not excluded?

jusRadical:

Shuuuuut uuuupppppp!!!!!

You see why I do not take most of them serious? The SE is good enough to pay back debts twice via concession and collective debt but not good enough to be included for projects other regions are enjoying for less. And to think there are people supporting this glaring injustice beats my imagination. Why ask them not to secede since you do not consider them citizens enough to enjoy what others are enjoying for almost free?
Re: S-east Senators Tackle Amaechi Over Omission Of S-east, S-S From Rail Corridor by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 22, 2017
mrvitalis:

At I comprehend better than your 'god and saviour', pmb.
Re: S-east Senators Tackle Amaechi Over Omission Of S-east, S-S From Rail Corridor by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 22, 2017
mrvitalis:

At I comprehend better than your 'god', pmb.
Re: S-east Senators Tackle Amaechi Over Omission Of S-east, S-S From Rail Corridor by lilytender: 4:07pm On May 22, 2017
Go and meet Goatluck Jonascam to construct railway for you. The money in imPatience Mama Piss' account can go a long way. You cannot work in First Bank and go to Union Bank to ask for salary. You belong to the 5%. How many times shall we tell you this?

Over 65 Percent Of Nigerians Are Mad / The Politics Of The Cross (why Bribing The Guards To Lie? Matthew 28:12-15) / Gov-obiano Set New Record In Anambra State

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63