Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,949 members, 7,873,040 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:06 AM

Army Launches Operation Harbin Kunama11 In Falgore Forest - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Army Launches Operation Harbin Kunama11 In Falgore Forest (13505 Views)

Names Of 7 Brothers Deported From Abroad Written On A Tree In Evil Forest.Photos / Corpers Kidnapped On Their Way To Camp, Rescued In A Forest In Imo. Photo / Man Killed By Fulani Herdsmen In A Forest In Southern Kaduna (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Launches Operation Harbin Kunama11 In Falgore Forest by shammah1(m): 4:31pm On May 22, 2017
This general won't stop baffling me. When will he launch operation harbin Shekau? That's the one we're interested in
Re: Army Launches Operation Harbin Kunama11 In Falgore Forest by seuncyrus(m): 4:32pm On May 22, 2017
its no longer sambisa ? where the fucck is shekau
Re: Army Launches Operation Harbin Kunama11 In Falgore Forest by kelechi17(m): 4:35pm On May 22, 2017
Jesu,..buhari is like buhari is really dead ooh ,.according to a britain
Re: Army Launches Operation Harbin Kunama11 In Falgore Forest by AroOkigbo(m): 4:35pm On May 22, 2017
positivelord:
what about Operation Crocodile Dance...Burutia and naming ceremonies ehh..I never see
First was "Python dance" and then came "crocodile smile".
These their funny operation names sabi weak person...lol
Re: Army Launches Operation Harbin Kunama11 In Falgore Forest by kelechi17(m): 4:38pm On May 22, 2017
IbnSultaan:
Fake news

The CinC is a life
in days we will know ...d news looks authentic
Re: Army Launches Operation Harbin Kunama11 In Falgore Forest by Hafeezson(m): 4:42pm On May 22, 2017
Mayor38:
WHY MUST THE NAME BE IN HAUSA??
because hausa is the most spoken language in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Launches Operation Harbin Kunama11 In Falgore Forest by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 22, 2017
An operation in the NORTH being coined in hausa and some imbe.ciles are out here crying foul. SMH, you lot are pathetic.

It translates to "scorpion sting", a fierce name but even more fierce in hausa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Launches Operation Harbin Kunama11 In Falgore Forest by Generalyemi(m): 4:43pm On May 22, 2017
Jabioro:
Just measured they (criminals) were flush out like toilet water....
of cos,we will " measured" of that
Re: Army Launches Operation Harbin Kunama11 In Falgore Forest by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 22, 2017
why cant they have an english code name?
Re: Army Launches Operation Harbin Kunama11 In Falgore Forest by alphaeus212(m): 5:05pm On May 22, 2017
WAYO PPL AND FAKE POSES, AFTER DEY WILL GO AND BRIBE BOKO...WE DEY LOOK UNA DEY LAFF.
Re: Army Launches Operation Harbin Kunama11 In Falgore Forest by dannyville2(m): 5:26pm On May 22, 2017
sheddo619:
Operation shoot Scorpion
Lol.. Bro it's operation scorpion sting
Re: Army Launches Operation Harbin Kunama11 In Falgore Forest by NDeals: 5:30pm On May 22, 2017
Keep the Military Flag flying, and Nigerian has to have something to continue to read and debate one.

Meanwhile, if you are Tired Of Your Website Embarrassing Your Business?

Get Super deal and Build a Unique Websites that load faster and automatically adjusts to all devices. Easy to use and are less prone to problems.
Lets help your business create a first impressions and seduce prospective clients with a simple modern website that define your business.

Features:
-Upto 5 pages website development
- Social media integration (facebook, twitter, instagram, google+, pinterest, etc).
- Google map integration
- 1 year web-hosting account
- 1 year domain registration
- Logo design if not available
- Top banner animation

For inquiry, Kindly Check signature below or check our banner below

Re: Army Launches Operation Harbin Kunama11 In Falgore Forest by malton: 5:34pm On May 22, 2017
Ersan:
An operation in the NORTH being coined in hausa and some imbe.ciles are out here crying foul. SMH, you lot are pathetic.

It translates to "scorpion sting", a fierce name but even more fierce in hausa.

Well, I don't know how you see it, but there shouldn't be selective enforcement of operations in different regions of the country.

One rule must apply to all. They either stick to English-only code naming of operations or use local operation names for all.

This is a serious issue that bothers on ethical decision making. You don't treat it with levity.

I understand why English was used in the ND, but Operation Python Dance in Igbo land?

A dinga fada gaskiya mana, mallam!
Re: Army Launches Operation Harbin Kunama11 In Falgore Forest by 2shure: 5:34pm On May 22, 2017
Naija army always thinking with they asses
Just a damn waste of time
Our defense is like child's play.

Re: Army Launches Operation Harbin Kunama11 In Falgore Forest by censeakay(m): 5:36pm On May 22, 2017
that should be in secret nw
Re: Army Launches Operation Harbin Kunama11 In Falgore Forest by Nobody: 5:41pm On May 22, 2017
malton:

Well, I don't know how you see it, but there shouldn't be selective enforcement of operations in different regions of the country.
The north has a lingua franca, the south doesn't. If you coin it in one language i'm sure others will feel aggrieved over something this petty.

One rule must apply to all. They either stick to English-only code naming of operations or use local operation names for all.
Like i stated earlier. But in areas where theres a clear majority then you have to show pride in your language and make sure such operations are named in them. I don't expect a northerner to stand up and reject the name because its in yoruba or igbo for instance. Besides, in most cases your people are responsible for the names. You lot just dont have that mentality, you believe english to be superior to your language, so much so that you speak english even at home. shame!

This is a serious issue that bothers on ethical decision making. You don't treat it with levity.
This is not a serious issue at all in my opinion. It doesnt affect the soldiers or their ability to carry out their duties which is the most important thing. If you had claimed that the north gets better artillery than the south then that would be a serious issue but thats not the case.

I understand why English was used in the ND, but Operation Python Dance in Igbo land?
Refer to my earlier statement, you need to stand up for your language. You can't blame us for your decadence when you blatantly allow and encourage it.

A dinga fada gaskiya mana, mallam!
Nwannem, kai ne dai baka san gaskiya tunda dai kawai kana neman abin da zaka kushe ne.

1 Like

Re: Army Launches Operation Harbin Kunama11 In Falgore Forest by Zane2point4(m): 6:34pm On May 22, 2017
ugorex27:
oga Lt Gen.,.. this is not the kinda info you leak to the public na...

How true is this your data bundle prices?
Re: Army Launches Operation Harbin Kunama11 In Falgore Forest by malton: 6:45pm On May 22, 2017
Ersan:

The north has a lingua franca, the south doesn't. If you coin it in one language i'm sure others will feel aggrieved over something this petty.

Like i stated earlier. But in areas where theres a clear majority then you have to show pride in your language and make sure such operations are named in them. I don't expect a northerner to stand up and reject the name because its in yoruba and in most cases your people are responsible for the names. You lot just dont have that mentality, you believe english to be superior to your language, so much so that you speak english even at home. shame!

This is not a serious issue at all in my opinion. It doesnt affect the soldiers or their ability to carry out their duties which is the most important thing. If you had claimed that the north gets better artillery than the south then that would be a serious issue but thats not the case.

Refer to my earlier statement, you need to stand up for your language. You can't blame us for your decadence when you blatantly allow and encourage it.

Nwannem, kai ne dai baka san gaskiya tunda dai kawai kana neman abin da zaka kushe ne.

This is an entirely military issue. It has nothing to do with the civilians occupying the lands where these operations are carried out. This is especially as their inputs were not sought. The military hierarchy makes all decisions.

Unless if standing up for your language means proposing to the army what to codename their operations, I don't see how it's any help.

It's not an issue of decadence, but rather one of proclivity for bias and incompetence on the part of the military.

Plus, I'm not even a southerner; I'm Plateau born through and through.
Re: Army Launches Operation Harbin Kunama11 In Falgore Forest by sekem: 6:56pm On May 22, 2017
DollarAngel:
THIS MAN WAS ACTUALLY RIGHT

I don't understand how that man is correct with that quotation

I tried to substitute boko haram as the enemies of the state in the equation, and still it didn't get any clearer

Please if you don't mind, can you kindly expatiate

Thank you
Re: Army Launches Operation Harbin Kunama11 In Falgore Forest by springtech(m): 8:14pm On May 22, 2017
Good step. Nice effort.

Hard work is good, but wise work is better.
Check My Signature, see how i make cool cash weekly seamlessly.
Here we don't know recession.
Re: Army Launches Operation Harbin Kunama11 In Falgore Forest by greatermax77(m): 9:03pm On May 22, 2017
Northern Army?
Re: Army Launches Operation Harbin Kunama11 In Falgore Forest by osamaBUSH(m): 9:05pm On May 22, 2017
sheddo619:
Operation shoot Scorpion
Nah...!!! The correct translation is "Operation Scorpion Sting". You would have been correct if it was harbi instead of Harbin.
Re: Army Launches Operation Harbin Kunama11 In Falgore Forest by farouk0403(m): 9:17pm On May 22, 2017
sheddo619:
Operation shoot Scorpion

It is " operation scorpion sting"
Re: Army Launches Operation Harbin Kunama11 In Falgore Forest by Nobody: 10:43pm On May 22, 2017
malton:

This is an entirely military issue. It has nothing to do with the civilians occupying the lands where these operations are carried out. This is especially as their inputs were not sought. The military hierarchy makes all decisions.
And what about the army men from these regions? Are they deaf or paralyzed? Why cant they stand up for themselves and reject english names if it bothers them?

Unless if standing up for your language means proposing to the army what to codename their operations, I don't see how it's any help.
Are there no southerners in the army? northerners dont make all the decisions i assure you. Like i said, they just feel english is superior to their language and therefore prefer it.

It's not an issue of decadence, but rather one of proclivity for bias and incompetence on the part of the military.
The nigerian military which consists of both northerners and southerners is biased because it names operations in the north with hausa and that in the south with english. Are you people even serious? It seems like you lot just go about looking for what to moan about, like i said.... its pathetic.

Plus, I'm not even a southerner; I'm Plateau born through and through.
Then what qualifies you to comment on their feelings or are you just echoing the thoughts of others? Why am i not even surprised though....
Re: Army Launches Operation Harbin Kunama11 In Falgore Forest by malton: 11:09pm On May 22, 2017
Ersan:

And what about the army men from these regions? Are they deaf or paralyzed? Why cant they stand up for themselves and reject english names if it bothers them?

Are there no southerners in the army? northerners dont make all the decisions i assure you. Like i said, they just feel english is superior to their language and therefore prefer it.

The nigerian military which consists of both northerners and southerners is biased because it names operations in the north with hausa and that in the south with english. Are you people even serious? It seems like you lot just go about looking for what to moan about, like i said.... its pathetic.

Then what qualifies you to comment on their feelings or are you just echoing the thoughts of others? Why am i not even surprised though....

Why can't one rule apply to all, though?

You've still not given any satisfactory answers to that.

I've earned the right to comment on the ills plaguing the NA by virtue of my being a Nigerian. I need not come from a particular region to voice concerns over the wrongs done them.

I hope that you see this not as a complaint, but rather as a valid issue worth looking into.

We must learn to treat national issues holistically.
Re: Army Launches Operation Harbin Kunama11 In Falgore Forest by Nobody: 11:23pm On May 22, 2017
malton:

Why can't one rule apply to all, though?

You've still not given any satisfactory answers to that.
What do you mean by one rule? which rule? is there a rule that says all northern operations must be in hausa? I told you, if they want operations in their regions named in their language, all they have to do is act. Not every woe is blamed on bias and prejudice.

I've earned the right to comment on the ills plaguing the NA by virtue of my being a Nigerian. I need not come from a particular region to voice concerns over the wrongs done them.

I hope that you see this not as a complaint, but rather as a valid issue worth looking into.
As Nigerians we have different values and perspectives thanks to our boundless diversity. I feel someone from the south is better suited to addressing this issue. Certain things northerners perceive as wrong, southerners do not. Southerners feel no shame speaking english in their own homes while we feel its the most shameful act of all. This is where the issue stems from. I feel they don't love their language and as such do not care about things like this.

We must learn to treat national issues holistically.
Like i said, in order to be holistic in nigeria you must recognize the variety of our culture and dogma. You cant apply the same reasoning on issues for all regions.
Re: Army Launches Operation Harbin Kunama11 In Falgore Forest by NNAMDIII(m): 1:55am On May 23, 2017
ugorex27:
oga Lt Gen.,.. this is not the kinda info you leak to the public na...
Nawa for you bros!
Re: Army Launches Operation Harbin Kunama11 In Falgore Forest by NNAMDIII(m): 1:56am On May 23, 2017
elmarshall1:
I dont understand this walking stick thing these days o.
It's called swagger stick and it's used by the Generals
Re: Army Launches Operation Harbin Kunama11 In Falgore Forest by official123: 9:49am On May 23, 2017
May God protect our soldier

(1) (2) (Reply)

Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Kills A Man In His Farm In Enugu (Graphic Photos) / Qnet Scam: The Scourge Destroying Nigerian Youths / 60yr-old-Man Racial Abuses & Slaps 19-month-old-Toddler

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.