Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,300 members, 7,887,891 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:56 PM

2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread - Education (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread (273789 Views)

UTME 2017: JAMB Clarifies Position, Says Awaiting Results Candidates Can Apply / Download 2017 JAMB Brochure/syllabus Online In PDF File Now / 2017 Jamb Examination: Registration Commences Wednesday 15th Of March 2017. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by erenax: 8:45pm On May 27, 2017
Amazingmusa1:
I have a brother who is from niger state scored 255 applyd ABU with MBBS and he has 1A1 1B2 3B3 pls what is his chances of securing admission into ABU? pls if there is a school where he can gets high chances kindly mention it. thanks

I am from Niger state, I got 251 also applied ABU pharmacy
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by erenax: 8:48pm On May 27, 2017
Omotayor123:

pls. which course can she change to?

Any other course apart from medicine or pharmacy
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by Itzsegzy(m): 8:56pm On May 27, 2017
pls sir,,,,i need a veery big help......my date of birth is march 5 2000 but d jamb registerer did mistake and put march 3 2000.......pls,
hope it wont affect me atall..........pls i nid quick elp because am scared
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by mr2kay(m): 8:57pm On May 27, 2017
vikstandon:
Please I wish to share my experiences the past years admission (2016/2017 admission year)...

We were giving two choice University by Jamb and I opted for;

University of Nigeria (most preferred)----Med. Lab
Abia State University (preferred)----Medicine & Surgery

It turned out that we didn't have to seat for PUME, but admission was giving by point mark using your WAEC and JAMB... You would agree with me that no State school has the number of A's recorded by Private Schools so I wasn't offered admission through the merit list (1st list) meaning I had to try another luck through payment for supplementary for the both institutions.

As God would have it ABSU my state University offered me admission to study Medicine, I had to pay #2500 to change ABSU to my most preferred Institution a week before UNN brought out there Supp. List.
I had already accepted ABSU admission and paid school fees and had even dashed my hope on UNN admission, it was even my elder brother that called to say UNN offered me admission in Med.Lab (one striking thing about UNN admission is that during supplementary Med.Lab wasn't enlisted so I opted for Anatomy with the hope of changing to Medicine, the course I have pursued years before in UNN).

Having gone far with ABSU admission and had even started lectures without completing the registration process in order to be at pace with my colleagues. I finally came to the final point of registration which requires submission of Jamb admission letter to finalize my admission, what I saw on the admission letter was UNN (Med.Lab).
We've paid #11,000 twice to change the Admission letter to ABSU (Medicine) since that is the place am running my undergraduate program, JAMB Registry vehemently refused.

I have gone to JAMB offices in Abia and Enugu, and they said it can be changed, we should go through the institution (ABSU Registry).

We've gone and the Registrar of ABSU told us that is the new JAMB Registrar stand and that the Universities are not happy with that. That the school has about 1000 students with same issue. That we should result to Prayer and be hopeful.

I have written first semester exam and defiled UNN admission and didn't register for the present years Jamb and have stayed about two years at home before getting this my dream course.

In the light of all of these...what is ur advice Nairalanders!

omo even me sef I confuse it just looks like the village people are indecisive on there choices
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by Dellybanky(m): 9:08pm On May 27, 2017
please is the change of course/institution form out
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by IamJames: 9:15pm On May 27, 2017
The OP Chukwukapromise is presently banned from posting. He wants you all to keep dropping your questions and will attend to them when his ban expires tomorrow.
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by venmotors(m): 9:18pm On May 27, 2017
i scored 293 in jamb playing to study mbbs. after my jamb my dad as been telling to change from unizik to unn. i am from enugu state but i have try unn two previous times unsuccessfully that was what made me to select unizik my o'lever result are b2 che b3 phy b3 eng c6 bio
pls i need your advise
should i change or not
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by remi1444: 9:32pm On May 27, 2017
good one u doing here boss chukwukapromise u ought to become jamb nairaland director, Lolz
I scored 265 parallel Cs in my O.level 1sitting applied for law at AAU from Edo state.what are my chances?
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by osjoshua(m): 9:40pm On May 27, 2017
my sister is going for industrial chemistry with a jamb score of 238 and subject combination of English, Chemistry, Physics and Biology.. please guys is the subject combination correct for the course?
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by exynos(m): 9:46pm On May 27, 2017
Itzsegzy:
pls sir,,,,i need a veery big help......my date of birth is march 5 2000 but d jamb registerer did mistake and put march 3 2000.......pls,
hope it wont affect me atall..........pls i nid quick elp because am scared
yes it will! i just changed mine yesterday!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by Omotayor123(f): 10:06pm On May 27, 2017
erenax:

Any other course apart from medicine or pharmacy
aiit. tnx
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 27, 2017
NobleRomm:

.my guy u can't use unn for second choice talk more of using them for change of institution... even some of us that picked them for first choice but have below 200 in jamb are still hoping for God to help us... please just use any state university and pray hard.. thanks
I know where you are coming from but.... You no understand wetin dey go on at all.. Ask questions about COI if you don't know much about it...
Cheers!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 27, 2017
venmotors:
i scored 293 in jamb playing to study mbbs. after my jamb my dad as been telling to change from unizik to unn. i am from enugu state but i have try unn two previous times unsuccessfully that was what made me to select unizik my o'lever result are b2 che b3 phy b3 eng c6 bio
pls i need your advise
should i change or not
What were your respective scores(indicating the years) those times?
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by Nobody: 10:58pm On May 27, 2017
Omotayor123:
Uniben. medicine. 250. 7cs & 1b in physics. Any hope?
I dunno much about Uniben.... But with the course(which is always competitive) in a federal uni like that I'll definitely advise her to switch to a less competitive course... To be frank the o level is kinda weak(including the UTME score)....
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by BrainArk(m): 11:17pm On May 27, 2017
peterstones:
pls I need an advice,my utme score is285 and my o level grades are. Mth A1, Eng C4, ChmA1;Bio A1,Phy B2.
what's my chance of meeting up with ui mbbs cut off marks
Bro You are good to go, considering last year cut off mark which was pegged at 76.75 and you have 80.625.. Congratulations in advance.
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by BrainArk(m): 11:22pm On May 27, 2017
damilton:
please op i need advice too.
My sister had 230 in jamb and 1A and 4B's in the science related subject and she choose UI for medicine. what is her chance of being admitted there or changing of institution wil be the best.
Thanks
Let her change her institution, she has a very nice results which must not waste, but the results cannot give her mbbs in ui.
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by jojothegreat(m): 12:10am On May 28, 2017
Op,
Please i sadly scored 205 in jamb..
O level... english B3, maths B3, chemistry b3, physics B2
Any chance me in unilorin for computer science?
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by Paulino029(m): 12:26am On May 28, 2017
Noticed that ABU only offers computer and electrical engineering not mainly computer engineering. Pls i intend on studying computer engineering is it advisable i stick to a university where the course is being offered(futminna) or i will get effective teaching at ABU.........need ur advice plsss
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by Paulino029(m): 12:30am On May 28, 2017
Also pls what is the difference between computer engineering and computer/electrical engineering
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by ophilly: 1:39am On May 28, 2017
Pls, my brother scored 240 in UTME and B3, B3, C4, C5, C6 in WASC. He is gunning for Pharmacy at UNIPORT, he is from Kogi State. How good does he look?
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by AlanTuringAI: 6:41am On May 28, 2017
telleyway:
My brother scored 209 in the just concluded jamb. He applied for pharmacy at unijos, please what's the probability of him getting admission?
Again what other courses would one switched to with English, physics chemistry and biology .
Pharmacy is quite competitive, especially in a federal school like Unijos and 209 is quite low to be honest.. What's his O'level result like and what's your state of origin, perhaps catchment/ELDS could work for him. There are tons of other courses he could opt for with that UTME subject combination, but that'll depend on the competitiveness in the school. Courses like Botany, Zoology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Physiology, Anatomy etc.
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by AlanTuringAI: 6:46am On May 28, 2017
damilton:
please op i need advice too.
My sister had 230 in jamb and 1A and 4B's in the science related subject and she choose UI for medicine. what is her chance of being admitted there or changing of institution wil be the best.
Thanks
Not trying to be pessimistic but 230 would never get her medicine in UI in this lifetime. So it's better you're fast with the change of institution/course thingy now. She could consider other courses like biochemistry, microbiology, anatomy, physiology, botany, zoology and the likes. She should check the cut off of last year for these courses to be properly guided on which one her mark could possibly fit in.
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by IamJames: 6:48am On May 28, 2017
BrainArk:

Bro You are good to go, considering last year cut off mark which was pegged at 76.75 and you have 80.625.. Congratulations in advance.

Can u put me through on how u guys do the calculation of aggregate. Need to calculate my kid sis'
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by AlanTuringAI: 7:02am On May 28, 2017
NobleRomm:

.my guy u can't use unn for second choice talk more of using them for change of institution... even some of us that picked them for first choice but have below 200 in jamb are still hoping for God to help us... please just use any state university and pray hard.. thanks
The essence of change of institution is to enable candidates correct the initial choices they made during registration. As it is, Jamb hasn't sent the list of applicants to any institution. That'll only be done after they've concluded with this change of institutions stuff. That way, institutions don't get to know candidates who chose them initially during registration and those that changed to them. How then would they discriminate against them as you're alluding? Please verify stuffs and don't try to dampen other people's hope thinking it'll give you an upper hand.
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by swiz123(m): 7:23am On May 28, 2017
telleyway:
My brother scored 209 in the just concluded jamb. He applied for pharmacy at unijos, please what's the probability of him getting admission?
Again what other courses would one switched to with English, physics chemistry and biology .
animal husbandry
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by ZEPHYREN(m): 7:37am On May 28, 2017
please his it true that it's only 3 schools Nigeria one can study sociology?
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by AlanTuringAI: 8:02am On May 28, 2017
ZEPHYREN:
please his it true that it's only 3 schools Nigeria one can study sociology?
That's a complete lie. Sociology is one of the most common courses in the Faculty of Social sciences offered by virtually all federal and state universities that matter in this country, along with some private ones. I just confirmed from this year's Jamb brochure. About 60 universities are offering that course (accredited).
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by GdexFolami(m): 8:11am On May 28, 2017
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by Francis95(m): 8:33am On May 28, 2017
venmotors:
pls i need your advise
should i change or not

Unn Medicine and Surg cut off mark was 311 last year...

I won't even advice my enemy to choose Unizik ....Their admission process is not transparent at all....
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by keziah123: 8:47am On May 28, 2017
Francis95:

Unn Medicine and Surg cut off mark was 311 last year...

I won't even advice my enemy to choose Unizik ....Their admission process is not transparent at all....
Hi Francis, my cousin did Eng, maths, econs and commerce in jamb and scored 233. Are the subjects and score okay for economics and statistics in Unicem.
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by Francis95(m): 8:53am On May 28, 2017
keziah123:

Hi Francis, my cousin did Eng, maths, econs and commerce in jamb and scored 233. Are the subjects and score okay for economics and statistics in Unicem.

what's unicem?

did you mean Uniben?
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by keziah123: 9:05am On May 28, 2017
Francis95:

what's unicem?

did you mean Uniben?
Yes Pls.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (184) (Reply)

University Of Abuja 2011/2012 Post Ume And Admission Update. / University Of Lagos Post-UTME 2012/2013/admissions - UNILAG / 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.