Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,868 members, 7,912,379 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 07:57 AM

Yar’adua’s Aides Blow N10b On Foreign Trips - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar’adua’s Aides Blow N10b On Foreign Trips (3277 Views)

Fraud In NBC: EFCC Recovers N10b, Set To Prosecute Ex-dg Mba, Three Others / Ojogbane Adegbe Explains His Role In N10b Gift For PDP Chiefs- The Nation / $1m On Foreign Trips: Fayose Can Say ‘ Whatever He Likes’ – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar’adua’s Aides Blow N10b On Foreign Trips by brownbonno(m): 7:33pm On Jan 14, 2010
Yar’Adua’s Aides Blow N10b On Foreign Trips
January 14, 2010 16:02 (3 hours ago), 574 views

By Moyo Fabiyi

Since President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua was flown out of the country on 23 November 2009 on account of ill-health, his ministers, special assistants, advisers and other aides were alleged to have been junketing from Abuja to other parts of the world on frivolous trips that have so far gulped N10 billion.

According to Aso Rock sources, ministers and other presidential aides have been embarking on trips to Saudi Arabia for about seven weeks now on the pretext of visiting President Yar’Adua or carrying out one official mission or the other in the country.

P.M.NEWS sources in Abuja said while the President was still in the country the Office of the Head of Civil Service of the Federation (OHCSF) used to serve as the clearing house for officials who wished to embark on foreign trips.

Investigations, however, revealed that the Federal Executive Council (FEC) made up of ministers did not hide their resentment towards the process designed by the presidency to regularise foreign trips by government officials at the federal level.

Therefore, immediately President Yar’Adua was flown out, a source told our correspondent that, overseas trips became an all comers affair, adding “each minister or ministry now sees it as part of its functions to send its officials to Saudi Arabia.”

For some weeks now, P.M.NEWS learnt that there has been a cold war between the FEC and the Head of Civil Service of the Federation, Mr. Steve Oronsaye, over the uncontrolled foreign trips.

The central electronic Travel Desk, approved by the president and manned by Oronsaye as HOCSF, had been at loggerheads with the FEC recently on the oversight functions of the desk to control foreign trips.

P.M.NEWS gathered that this has led to an exchange of correspondence between HOCSF, Oronsaye and the Attorney General of the Federation (AGF) and Minister of Justice, Michael Aondoakaa.

While the AGF in his letter to the HOCSF wants him to tread softly on the matter, Oronsaye on the other hand maintains that his office has constitutional backing.

However, the looting spree through frivolous trips to Saudi Arabia has continued unabated. The source regretted that the ministers and other presidential aides were not interested in the health of the president but their target was the estacode that would accrue to them, especially in hard currency.

P.M.NEWS gathered that Yar’Adua’s aides have spent about N10 billion on estacode and other related expenses on trips to Saudi Arabia in seven weeks.

Aso Rock sources added that apart from using the trips to steal public funds, there were other areas public officers explore to enrich themselves.

http://thepmnews.com/2010/01/14/yaraduas-aides-blow-n10b-on-foreign-tribs
Re: Yar’adua’s Aides Blow N10b On Foreign Trips by wize79(f): 7:43pm On Jan 14, 2010
wat do we do rather than sit n watch them buy big cars n big houses in abuja.they shld keep it up.
Re: Yar’adua’s Aides Blow N10b On Foreign Trips by preselect(m): 7:59pm On Jan 14, 2010
[size=18pt]sorry sorry o
i sorry for nigeria
i sorry for africa[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWfPuF-myaY
Re: Yar’adua’s Aides Blow N10b On Foreign Trips by opokonwa(m): 11:08am On Jan 15, 2010
Looting has probably begun sad
Re: Yar’adua’s Aides Blow N10b On Foreign Trips by RichyBlacK(m): 11:25am On Jan 15, 2010
opokonwa:

Looting has probably begun sad

Looting is all that's been happening.
Re: Yar’adua’s Aides Blow N10b On Foreign Trips by Edaniels1: 11:29am On Jan 15, 2010
Nuffin New! na their way! cry grin grin
Re: Yar’adua’s Aides Blow N10b On Foreign Trips by RichyBlacK(m): 11:31am On Jan 15, 2010
pres-elect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWfPuF-myaY

Great! I love Femi Kuti's style! Woot!
Re: Yar’adua’s Aides Blow N10b On Foreign Trips by jimmysho(m): 11:38am On Jan 15, 2010
more reason why goodluck cant take over.
Re: Yar’adua’s Aides Blow N10b On Foreign Trips by fugocisse: 11:39am On Jan 15, 2010
well compatriot nigerians! you can see why they insist that yaraduah must clinch to that sit dead or alive so that they will continue their helious crime and looting against nigeria. political predators in 30 yards babariga gown. sad sad sad sad angry angry angry
Re: Yar’adua’s Aides Blow N10b On Foreign Trips by iviix(m): 11:47am On Jan 15, 2010
Mothasuckers!, i wish my father was an official in the nigerian govt, wuldnt av to be this green wiv envy.

QUIZ- who do yo fink 'll cum back home first, Yar' Adua or the Super Eagles?,
winner gets an all expense paid trip to haiti,
Re: Yar’adua’s Aides Blow N10b On Foreign Trips by dfanthom(m): 11:53am On Jan 15, 2010
yea, they must be looting the treasury crazy, but isn't the amount over-exaggerated? what's the budget for the Presidency/ State House?
Re: Yar’adua’s Aides Blow N10b On Foreign Trips by Johnnoo(m): 11:55am On Jan 15, 2010
i'm not surprise. . .
Re: Yar’adua’s Aides Blow N10b On Foreign Trips by bukyniyi: 12:03pm On Jan 15, 2010
keep praying 4 nigeria
Re: Yar’adua’s Aides Blow N10b On Foreign Trips by Beaf: 12:13pm On Jan 15, 2010
N10 billion is not a small amount in any currency. Where were these people flying to, the moon?
They must pay back that money.
Re: Yar’adua’s Aides Blow N10b On Foreign Trips by princekevo(m): 12:17pm On Jan 15, 2010
That is all what they want to achieve in refusing to impeach the sick poor man. So that they can steal as much as possible. In their heart of hearts they are prayer for Yaradual not to die to rest and not to recover either. They prefer him to remain in Suadi with all the pains he is suffering from. Greedy FOO.LS
Re: Yar’adua’s Aides Blow N10b On Foreign Trips by bilymuse: 12:20pm On Jan 15, 2010
To God be the glory
Re: Yar’adua’s Aides Blow N10b On Foreign Trips by chidichris(m): 12:43pm On Jan 15, 2010
@poster,
when next you write about amounts of money, remember to put only at the end of the amount please.
if you had done that to this topic, we will have;
YAR ADUA AIDES BLOW N10B ONLY ON FOREIGN TRIPS
i think it sounds better.
nigeria is not only a fraud, it is also a joke.
Re: Yar’adua’s Aides Blow N10b On Foreign Trips by blapo(m): 12:47pm On Jan 15, 2010
Lets stop complaining, our health is something to take care of and not develop high blood pressure because of these looters.
Re: Yar’adua’s Aides Blow N10b On Foreign Trips by emisun(m): 12:50pm On Jan 15, 2010
And madam waziri is claiming she is doing her work.she is a definition of unintelligence.
Re: Yar’adua’s Aides Blow N10b On Foreign Trips by Spyker: 1:24pm On Jan 15, 2010
When will this stop, official looting!
Re: Yar’adua’s Aides Blow N10b On Foreign Trips by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 15, 2010
Hi there.
I think we should get these crooks in custody asap!!
Let us think what contributio we can all make to stop these looting of our beloved nation!!
Re: Yar’adua’s Aides Blow N10b On Foreign Trips by oderemo(m): 2:37pm On Jan 15, 2010
Posted by: GenBuhari
Insert Quote
Hi there.
I think we should get these crooks in custody asap!!
Let us think what contributio we can all make to stop these looting of our beloved nation!!

dear sir, your first post . were you not once in government?. your inside knowledge will be appreciated. thank you . my regards , tunde idiagbon .yours faithfully.
Re: Yar’adua’s Aides Blow N10b On Foreign Trips by OMOLA2010: 2:46pm On Jan 15, 2010
pls any information of o.o.u post ume date or Admission List of 2009/2010

pls send it to LENKULS07@YAHOO.COM
THANKS
Re: Yar’adua’s Aides Blow N10b On Foreign Trips by PurestBoy(m): 2:53pm On Jan 15, 2010
Hmmm, Naija for life
Re: Yar’adua’s Aides Blow N10b On Foreign Trips by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 15, 2010
@ ode
I am not the great General, but I do hope he can return and finish off what he started.
Would a general strike by the whole nation not be a starting point of ridding us of these fools?
Any more suggestions?
Re: Yar’adua’s Aides Blow N10b On Foreign Trips by kokorunna(m): 3:49pm On Jan 15, 2010
When will looting ever stop in naija shocked
Re: Yar’adua’s Aides Blow N10b On Foreign Trips by alanbolo(m): 4:35pm On Jan 15, 2010
Now that it's in the open, hopefully, someone will investigate further to arrest d situation. sad
Re: Yar’adua’s Aides Blow N10b On Foreign Trips by daguru(m): 4:43pm On Jan 15, 2010
kokorunna:

When will looting ever stop in naija shocked

It would stop after you and me and all nairalander have a share of the national cake
iv_i_ix:

Mothasuckers!, i wish my father was an official in the nigerian govt, wuldnt av to be this green wiv envy.

To be sincere, every Nigerian wouldn't wish it to stop if they are about to collect their share of the cake.

I guess we should all be praying to baba God to let our turn come soon before the cake finishes.

NB: There would be a special 24hrs marathon prayer service this 2morrow sat 16th for eveyone who want to eat thier share of the national cake this year. Dont forget to come with a special offering.
Location:  Send an email to iwanchopcake@graft.com for info about the location.
COME ONE  COME ALL
Re: Yar’adua’s Aides Blow N10b On Foreign Trips by mroluway: 6:54pm On Jan 15, 2010
Nigeria = No Future
Re: Yar’adua’s Aides Blow N10b On Foreign Trips by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jan 15, 2010
Money that could have been donated to Haiti. grin
Re: Yar’adua’s Aides Blow N10b On Foreign Trips by mamagee3(f): 8:39pm On Jan 15, 2010
Yaradua has damaged Nigeria with his no-work administration. cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Extra-judicial Murder Of Innocent Nigerians - Viewer Discretion! / Sovereign Nairaland Conference / Richest Black Woman - Modupe Alakija- Denies Interest In Lagos Governorship Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.