Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,676 members, 7,972,510 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 12:11 PM

Ibe Kachikwu Vows To Resign If Nigeria Still Imports Fuel By 2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibe Kachikwu Vows To Resign If Nigeria Still Imports Fuel By 2019 (343 Views)

Ibe Kachikwu Now U.S. Citizen / Ibe Kachikwu Lied About Graduating With First Class From UNN - Premium Times / Ibe Kachikwu Shakes Baru At The Nigerian Economic Summit, Earlier Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibe Kachikwu Vows To Resign If Nigeria Still Imports Fuel By 2019 by Spazwik: 3:11pm On May 23, 2017
While speaking to Stephen Sackur of BBC’s Hardtalk, Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Ibe Kachikwu said that he will resign if Nigeria continues to import fuel by 2019.

“I have delivered on all that I have promised when I came into office. First, I took Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and made it a profit-making organization. This is the first time in history, I reshaped the organization.

I removed cash call deficits of over $6bn and renegotiated it. Everything that I have promised since coming into office, I have delivered. I will deliver to the refineries and I’m committed to it.

I will also deliver a future for oil that makes sense for Nigeria. Bear in mind one has been there for one and a half years, the president has been there for two years; I can’t pretend that we’re going to solve in one day all the problems that happened in Nigeria in the past,” he said.

“Our target is 2019…donot worry, I put the date, I’ll work it,” Kachikwu said when asked when Nigeria will attain self-sufficiency in crude oil refining.

Sackur then said: “And if you don’t achieve it, you’ll walk?” Kachikwu replied: “Yes, of course, that is the reason why you are in government.”

Source: http://www.dailydigest.ng/ibe-kachikwu-vows-resign-nigeria-still-imports-fuel-2019/
Re: Ibe Kachikwu Vows To Resign If Nigeria Still Imports Fuel By 2019 by dikeigbo2(m): 3:21pm On May 23, 2017
Not only to resign but can also be jailed....resigning does no one any good......

1 Like

Re: Ibe Kachikwu Vows To Resign If Nigeria Still Imports Fuel By 2019 by XposeAbuja: 7:25am On May 24, 2017
There is more in this article, please read this concerned Nigerian's response to Kachikwu
Ten Reasons Why Kachikwu Should Resign Now - Nigerian Citizen
https://www.nairaland.com/3817478/ten-reasons-why-kachikwu-should

1 Like

Re: Ibe Kachikwu Vows To Resign If Nigeria Still Imports Fuel By 2019 by Spazwik: 1:39pm On May 24, 2017
I was even wondering why 2019 in the future
dikeigbo2:
Not only to resign but can also be jailed....resigning does no one any good......

(1) (Reply)

Attacks By Buhari On Opposition Is Coup Against Democracy. Hence / FG, States, Lgcs Share N415bn For April, 2017 / Power Struggle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.