Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,804 members, 7,882,808 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 03:29 PM

How Tall Was The Building That Almost Reached God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Tall Was The Building That Almost Reached God? (651 Views)

Was Adam Really 90ft Tall? Scientific Proof! / How Tall Was Goliath? / T.B Joshua Releases Another Official Statement About Building That Collapsed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Tall Was The Building That Almost Reached God? by RiffRaff: 8:44pm On Jan 14, 2010
Since god changed the language of the people that were trying to build a house to reach him in the sky. You have to ask yourself considering the fact that it was in the olden days, what technology do those people have to build the house? How tall was this building? Is it as tall as the tallest building i the world right now?
What about the people that goes outside this world into space? Why hasn’t god change the language of the crews? Why hasn’t he blown up our space ships or has god really relocated from heaven?
Doesn’t u think the bible reek of ignorance?
The people that wrote the book did not know that one day, we were going to build space ships that will go outside of this earth.
That is why religious people point to the sky and call it heaven because they didn’t know what was out there.
Re: How Tall Was The Building That Almost Reached God? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 14, 2010
That building wasn't any tall. The bible has a lot of weird information. Naturally because the book is archaic the scale at which things happened in the bible has been surpassed by humans of today
Re: How Tall Was The Building That Almost Reached God? by Knight1(m): 12:10am On Jan 15, 2010
Elementary CRK- the tower was built cos they wanted to make a name for themselves
Their language was changed cos with that, they could achieve anything which was dangerous seeing how wicked the heart of man is!
Re: How Tall Was The Building That Almost Reached God? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:59am On Jan 15, 2010
The reason why the Biblical version of this story (Recorded over a thousand years before Bible History) is not clear is because it was poorly plagiarized

"On that day when there is no snake, when there is no scorpion, when there is no hyena, when there is no lion, when there is neither dog nor wolf, when there is thus neither fear nor trembling, man has no rival! At such a time, may the lands of Shubur and Hamazi, the many-tongued, and Sumer, the great mountain of the me of magnificence, and Akkad, the land possessing all that is befitting, and the Martu land, resting in security — the whole universe, the well-guarded people — may they all address Enlil together in a single language! For at that time, for the ambitious lords, for the ambitious princes, for the ambitious kings, Enki, for the ambitious lords, for the ambitious princes, for the ambitious kings, for the ambitious lords, for the ambitious princes, for the ambitious kings — Enki, the lord of abundance and of steadfast decisions, the wise and knowing lord of the Land, the expert of the gods, chosen for wisdom, the lord of Eridug, shall change the speech in their mouths, as many as he had placed there, and so the speech of mankind is truly one."[2]

Full Reference Here
http://etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk/cgi-bin/etcsl.cgi?text=t.1.8.2.3#
Re: How Tall Was The Building That Almost Reached God? by niceguy10: 11:43am On Jan 15, 2010
Poster, i just find out that you are a fool for asking that here, go and ask your father that.
Re: How Tall Was The Building That Almost Reached God? by toneyb: 11:50am On Jan 15, 2010
nice-guy10:

Poster, i just find out that you are a fool for asking that here, go and ask your father that.

grin grin grin Why all the vitriol?
Re: How Tall Was The Building That Almost Reached God? by Kx: 11:59am On Jan 15, 2010
But the Lord came down to see the city and the tower the men were building (Gen. 11:6). Enough of the ruins of the Tower of Babel have been discovered to permit archaeologists to speculate on its appearance and purpose. It covered 4 acres at its base and was 153 feet tall. There were 7 stages, each one smaller than the one below, giving it the appearance of a gigantic weeding cake. Each stage was dedicated to one of the then known planets, and a tower at the top had the 12 signs of the zodiac inscribed in the walls.
I learnt it was somewhere in Iraq

source:http://gracethrufaith.com/childrens-stories-for-adults/the-tower-of-babel/
Re: How Tall Was The Building That Almost Reached God? by RiffRaff: 3:03am On Jan 20, 2010
@ nice-guy
Na your i.mbecile father way impregnate your autistic mother, way come give birth 2 a cretin lyk u i go ask cuz if they had worn a condom they would have saved humanity from your idoicy.
U take issues 2 personal. Must u say somethin idiotic?
Abeg vamoos if u no get anytin 2 say.

(1) (Reply)

Just After Death / Son Of A Hamas Leader Now A Christian! / God Punish The Poor (it Should Be A Question, A Phrase Or A Truth?)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.