Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,157 members, 7,949,971 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 03:38 AM

Del-york International To Train Niger Delta Youths In Ny Film Academy - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Del-york International To Train Niger Delta Youths In Ny Film Academy (3171 Views)

Del-york International Takes Nollywood To Brazil To Celebrate Tunde Kelani / Is Del-york International/new York Film Academy Not Ripping Off Nigerians? / The Revolution In Nigeria Film (del York International) (new York Film Academy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Del-york International To Train Niger Delta Youths In Ny Film Academy by aloyemeka7: 12:46am On Jan 15, 2010

Del-York International To train Niger Delta youths in film making

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Del-York International, in collaboration with the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC, is offering scholarships to 250 Niger Delta indigenes in a rare sponsorship opportunity for them to receive training from world renowned New York Film Academy.

New York Film Academy is the world’s leading film training school and will be making a landmark visit to Nigeria in February 2010 for an intensive training programme, holding in Abuja and Lagos. The Academy’s visit to Nigeria will be its first to Africa and it is being organised by Del-York International.

This special opportunity for Nigerians from the Niger Delta region to acquire world-class know-how from the foremost film school in the world stems from the determination of the NDDC to meaningfully address the developmental challenges of the region.

As a responsive agency set up by the Federal Government to address pressing developmental issues in the Niger Delta, the NDDC is making this offer as an extension of its commitment to finding and implementing realistic solutions to the problem of unemployment and youth restiveness in the region.

The Commission’s present leadership headed by Mr. Chibuzor Ugwoha as Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer, is joining the Government of Rivers

State, the Federal Ministry of Information and Communications, Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation and other corporate bodies to offer this special film training opportunity to 250 interested Niger Delta indigenes in due recognition of the immense potential of film production to enhance economic and socio-cultural transformation.

“Film-making is a growing industry in Nigeria with even potentials to employ more people than the oil and gas sector, including Nollywood,” said Ugwoha, adding  that “the level we are with unemployment requires us to explore every opportunity to create jobs for our teeming youths.”

The programme will inv,olve the shipment of cutting edge film-making equipment from the United States to sharpen the skills of existing movie-makers as well as transform the raw talent of movie enthusiasts in the country. The successful holding of this training exercise will be followed by a scheduled shooting of a world-class movie that will involve participants of the training programme. Participants are only required to pick up registration forms at any branch of Zenith Bank and submit completed forms at the same branch not later than January 22, 2010.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/jan/14/208.html
Re: Del-york International To Train Niger Delta Youths In Ny Film Academy by victorazy(m): 11:03am On Jul 21, 2011
Heard it on radio and my state is included
Re: Del-york International To Train Niger Delta Youths In Ny Film Academy by Osejie(m): 4:51am On Jul 28, 2011
@Victorazy
which state are you from, any further info?
Re: Del-york International To Train Niger Delta Youths In Ny Film Academy by 2blunt: 1:40pm On Sep 19, 2011
the program just ended, and i can tell u it was mind blowing, i will try post pictures, i was there before, during and after the training

(1) (Reply)

Download Omo Alhaja Part 2 / Where Can I Download Mexican Telenovelas For Free? / Please Where Can I Download Tv Series(season) With HD Or Clean Quality?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.