Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,127 members, 7,880,522 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:06 PM

Bloody Festival: Inspector, Two Brothers Hacked To Death - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bloody Festival: Inspector, Two Brothers Hacked To Death (377 Views)

Two Brothers Kill Their Brother In Imo State (Graphic Photos) / Man Hacked To Death By Cultists In Benin, Edo State. Photos / Man Hacked To Death By Cultists After Bullet Failed To Enter His Body. Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bloody Festival: Inspector, Two Brothers Hacked To Death by ijustdey: 8:44am On May 24, 2017
…16 houses, vehicles burnt

A police inspector and two brothers have been killed during Kilajolu Festival at the Ibeju- Lekki area of Lagos State. The Saturday clash started after some youths from Ilagbo community and Oriyanrin fought at Kilajolu Festival at Ilagbo. Two brothers were killed in the mayhem were several others were injured.

A police inspector, who responded to distress call, was also hacked to death.

The state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Fatai Owoseni, explained that the clash started at a masquerade festival, between two youths from different communities.

Youths from Oriyanrin allegedly started causing trouble just as the festival was about to start. Elders of Ilagbo were said to have chastised and sent them away. The Oriyanrin youths, angry at being sent away from the festival, allegedly laid ambush for some Ilagbo youths.

They pounced on the boys who were returning from the festival and hacked one of them identified as Ismaila to death. The late Ismaila’s brother, Matanle, who went to evacuate the remains of his brother, was also hacked to death. When the mayhem erupted, some residents were said to have sent a distress call to the nearest police station.

The police inspector and other policemen were drafted to the scene. The rampaging crowd pounced on the policemen. Others escaped, but the inspector was not so lucky.

His body, which was later retrieved, was covered with machete cuts. The murder of the two brothers angered Ilagbo youths.

The Ilagbo youths carried out reprisal on Oriyanrin community, burning houses, vehicles and property valued at millions of naira. At least 16 houses, many vehicles and motorcycles were torched.

One of the residents, Mr. Moriu Made, described the incident as unfortunate.
He said: “In fact because of my ill health, I couldn’t run when the youth from Ilagbo invaded our community.
They burnt my house and that of my younger brother.

Houses of some other residents were also burnt. I don’t know where to start from. My family members have run away. I’m the only person left in the community. I have not eaten for three days. Government should please provide adequate security for us.”

A 102-year-old man was also sighted, abandoned in the deserted community.

Owoseni warned the residents against communal clashes. He said: “We will make sure there is no reprisal in the community.
The traditional rulers need to do something.

The elders in this community should be ashamed of themselves. The police helped you to settle clashes, but you went ahead to kill an inspector. “Nothing stops you from organising a vigilance group with the police.

Instead, your children go behind to kill policemen. Policemen also have families. You know the solution.

If you don’t want peace to reign, we will handle it with force. You need to give us assurance that you are ready to defend your community; security starts with you.

You’ll never see policemen carry guns in civilised countries, except in a community where hoodlums are rampant.

You should establish cordial relationship with investors to enjoy corporate social responsibility, not kill.” Owoseni disclosed that two persons had been arrested in connection with the crisis

https://newtelegraphonline.com/metro/bloody-festival-inspector-two-brothers-hacked-death/

lalasticlala
Re: Bloody Festival: Inspector, Two Brothers Hacked To Death by Joephat(m): 8:50am On May 24, 2017
Zoo called Nigeria

Ppl kill at will

(1) (Reply)

PHOTO: Two Prostitutes Arrested For Stabbing Customer To Death / Air Force Bombs Boko Haram Insurgents Hiding Under Trees / Gunmen Kidnap Kano Rep In Kaduna, Whereabouts Unknown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.