Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,420 members, 7,950,905 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 05:45 AM

Can You Find The Man Of Your Dreams At 40 Something ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Find The Man Of Your Dreams At 40 Something ? (2113 Views)

Get A Free Copy Of How To Handle Shattered Dreams At Okadabooks / 10 tips to escape the friendzone and get any girl of your dreams / Ten (10) Rules To Keep A Man Of These Days!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Find The Man Of Your Dreams At 40 Something ? by sunika: 7:33am On Jan 15, 2010
Can you find the man of your dreams at 40 something ?
Re: Can You Find The Man Of Your Dreams At 40 Something ? by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 15, 2010
Of course you can smiley
Re: Can You Find The Man Of Your Dreams At 40 Something ? by Tcharged: 7:44am On Jan 15, 2010
Yes. May not be so easy but God works in mysterious ways.
Re: Can You Find The Man Of Your Dreams At 40 Something ? by Nobody: 7:45am On Jan 15, 2010
@poster
you can find the man of your dreams even at 75yrs old. . . . . .  as its never too late to dream.
the guy might not look as good as the guy you were dreaming about in your 20s but hey, who cares as long as you are happy.

ps: if at 40something, you are still hoping to meet a never married/childless/fantastic looking/rich/successful/straight/single guy with no baggage then you probably should lower your dreams standards or accept that you might have to wait a long time for that jackpot.
Re: Can You Find The Man Of Your Dreams At 40 Something ? by oyinda3(f): 7:50am On Jan 15, 2010
yea u can. just make make sure to search d right places and have expectations that match ur status.

ps: if at 40something, you are still hoping to meet a never married/childless/fantastic looking/rich/successful/straight/single guy with no baggage then you probably should lower your dreams standards or accept that you might have to wait a long time for that jackpot.

actually she can. if she has a high status, ie if she's wealthy, classy, goodlooking and confident then there is no reason for her not to have similar expectations in a guy.
Re: Can You Find The Man Of Your Dreams At 40 Something ? by Nobody: 8:02am On Jan 15, 2010
oyinda.:

actually she can. if she has a high status, ie if she's wealthy, classy, goodlooking and confident then there is no reason for her not to have similar expectations in a guy.

what i wrote had nothing to do with who she was or what "status" but just that this kind of men are VERY hard to find because these are the qualities that ALL women seek and therefore they get "taken off the market" like a flash.

people can "expect" all they want but they also have to be realistic with life or accept that the search might take a while.
Re: Can You Find The Man Of Your Dreams At 40 Something ? by oyinda3(f): 8:06am On Jan 15, 2010
yea i agree with that. and esp. if a woman in her 40s takes the "never married" off her list of requirements (which i doubt they will have anyways), it will be so much easier since divorce is getting so common nowadays. lol
Re: Can You Find The Man Of Your Dreams At 40 Something ? by Nobody: 8:08am On Jan 15, 2010
I believe there are sales of divorce vouchers currently ocurring, because nowadays it's just like buying your mince beef from marks and spencers, obviously cheesy
Re: Can You Find The Man Of Your Dreams At 40 Something ? by oyinda3(f): 8:09am On Jan 15, 2010
^ now women can take turns marrying the men of their dreams. rotfl grin
Re: Can You Find The Man Of Your Dreams At 40 Something ? by Nobody: 8:18am On Jan 15, 2010
@post
but the funny part in this thread is that A successful MAN in his mid forties can easily find the woman of his dreams (in her 20s/never married/sexy/intelligent bla bla) but successful women these days are catching up to the trend.
Re: Can You Find The Man Of Your Dreams At 40 Something ? by oyinda3(f): 8:22am On Jan 15, 2010
nah. most men in their 40s usually end up re-marrying women around their age bracket (at most 5-6 yrs younger) as well sometimes also a woman who has been married b4. it depends on their social circle n back ground. like will always move with like. but i agree the women out number the men so the men have an advantage.

see this link. she's been married b4 and is 6 yrs older than the guy. but they have a similar social circle n educational background i think with the woman a bit above her class wise.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-378976.0.html

but if your talking abt typical naija, then even men in their 70s can marry 18yrs old girl as long as he get money yafun yafun .  grin don't even care abt her brain size or background.
Re: Can You Find The Man Of Your Dreams At 40 Something ? by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 15, 2010
oyinda.:

nah. most men in their 40s usually end up re-marrying women around their age as well sometimes also a woman who has been married b4. it depends on their social circle n back ground. like will always move with like. but i agree the women out number the men so the men have an advantage.

see this link. she's been married b4 and is 6 yrs older than the guy. but they have a similar social circle n educational background i think with the woman a bit above her class wise.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-378976.0.html

but if your talking abt typical naija, then even men in their 70s can marry 18yrs old girl as long as he get money yafun yafun grin don't even care abt her brain size or background.
lol I can never love money enough for that *shudders*
Re: Can You Find The Man Of Your Dreams At 40 Something ? by Kelvinj(m): 8:30am On Jan 15, 2010
@MRbrownJAY & oyinda
U guy are all correct
Re: Can You Find The Man Of Your Dreams At 40 Something ? by oyinda3(f): 8:34am On Jan 15, 2010
^ lol. ur profile is a perfect example. i'm sure the lady is well in her 40s. and u look very young
Re: Can You Find The Man Of Your Dreams At 40 Something ? by justwise(m): 8:58am On Jan 15, 2010
oyinda.:

^ lol. your profile is a perfect example. i'm sure the lady is well in her 40s. and u look very young
grin grin grin and he is loving it wink
Re: Can You Find The Man Of Your Dreams At 40 Something ? by oyinda3(f): 9:00am On Jan 15, 2010
^ u don't have a profile pic. are u also dating 40something yr old woman? or u guys kno each other

there is hope for me after all if i'm in my 40s and single lol world sure is changing
Re: Can You Find The Man Of Your Dreams At 40 Something ? by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 15, 2010
oyinda.:

^ lol. your profile is a perfect example. i'm sure the lady is well in her 40s. and u look very young

LOL. . . . . . . yep that lady loooked like she definitely found her dream man at 40.
Re: Can You Find The Man Of Your Dreams At 40 Something ? by justwise(m): 9:06am On Jan 15, 2010
oyinda.:

^ u don't have a profile pic. are u also dating 40something yr old woman? or u guys kno each other

there is hope for me after all if i'm in my 40s and single lol world sure is changing

Nah! u are actually far from the truth, i don't know him neither am i dating at the moment let alone 40yrs olds, but if he is happy with her then good luck to them.
Re: Can You Find The Man Of Your Dreams At 40 Something ? by beckydan: 9:11am On Jan 15, 2010
yeah i believe with God all things are possible smiley
Re: Can You Find The Man Of Your Dreams At 40 Something ? by H2O2: 9:16am On Jan 15, 2010
If I interpret "man of her dreams" to mean a young, hot stud (like the boris kodjoe that's causing these phantasmagorical NL girls to salivate) then

To be brutally frank here, she must be ridiculously glowing with an insane amount of wealth

to pull off a stunt like that.

unless serendipity interferes and thus allows her to land that gem  grin
Re: Can You Find The Man Of Your Dreams At 40 Something ? by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 15, 2010
YES YOU CAN

life begins at 40 cheesy
Re: Can You Find The Man Of Your Dreams At 40 Something ? by henryhemon(m): 10:28am On Jan 15, 2010
yes cuz there isn't a rule that says anything contrary.
Re: Can You Find The Man Of Your Dreams At 40 Something ? by H2O2: 11:36am On Jan 15, 2010
MrPrsdent:

YES YOU CAN

life begins at 40 cheesy
isn't that line reserved for men
Re: Can You Find The Man Of Your Dreams At 40 Something ? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jan 15, 2010
H2O2:

say YES 2 gender equality in 2010 grin
Re: Can You Find The Man Of Your Dreams At 40 Something ? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 15, 2010
H2O2:

in the past yes but not anymore.
Re: Can You Find The Man Of Your Dreams At 40 Something ? by Pweety4me(f): 6:49pm On Jan 15, 2010
Nothing is impossible,if u have not found him/her yet then he is still yet 2 be found u must surelly get him/her.
Re: Can You Find The Man Of Your Dreams At 40 Something ? by Remii(m): 6:55pm On Jan 15, 2010
Yes, afterall Dimeji Bankole is 40 and still single, late marriage occurs both ways these days. Best of luck but you may have to change the criteria for your dream man accordingly
Re: Can You Find The Man Of Your Dreams At 40 Something ? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 15, 2010
Remii:

Yes, afterall [b]Dimeji Bankole [/b]is 40 and still single, late marriage occurs both ways these days. Best of luck but you may have to change the criteria for  your dream man accordingly

what are you talking about?! this guy is married and his wife, Olaitan Bankole, just gave birth to a baby boy.

as i said earlier, these type of guy dont stay long on the market.
Re: Can You Find The Man Of Your Dreams At 40 Something ? by chemali: 7:20pm On Jan 15, 2010
can same be said for a 40 years old succesful man that has two kids from a previous marriage. do u think its acheivable to get a pretty intelligent lady that has nevert been married?
Re: Can You Find The Man Of Your Dreams At 40 Something ? by Remii(m): 7:36pm On Jan 15, 2010
chemali:

can same be said for a 40 years old succesful man that has two kids from a previous marriage. do u think its acheivable to get a pretty intelligent lady that has nevert been married?

to some extent, Yes, any "top notch" girl marrying such a man would be warned by friends and relatives and most times would enter the "union" with some reservations or even an MOU, lol
Re: Can You Find The Man Of Your Dreams At 40 Something ? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 15, 2010
chemali:

the important word in what you wrote is SUCCESSFUL .
you see, some women are attracted to success and easily overlook the little details such as children from previous marriage etc.
Re: Can You Find The Man Of Your Dreams At 40 Something ? by chemali: 8:25pm On Jan 15, 2010
so that means they are in it for the comfort and money?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Black Guys Why U Hurtin Black Ladies? / Guys Wipe off Your Tears, Dont Lose Hope / I Am In Trouble Pls Help Me Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.