Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,081 members, 7,939,339 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 12:11 AM

Alhaji Buhari Olooto Finally Speak Out To Shut Up Wasiu Ayinde On Fuji Creator I - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Alhaji Buhari Olooto Finally Speak Out To Shut Up Wasiu Ayinde On Fuji Creator I (595 Views)

[music] naira Marley X Opegold – Soapy (fuji Version) / Jaywon Ft. Olamide – Ayinde Wasiu [Audio] / Wasiu Ayinde Goofed: The Truth About The Creation Of Fuji Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Alhaji Buhari Olooto Finally Speak Out To Shut Up Wasiu Ayinde On Fuji Creator I by Ojutole(m): 1:29pm On May 24, 2017
http://www.ojutole.com/2017/05/alhaji-buhari-olooto-finally-speak-out.html

I initially decided to ignore this revisionism but let those who know Wasiu Ayinde Marshall inform him he has failed woefully in his ungrateful efforts.Wasiu Ayinde MarshallThis for me is an End of Discussion response.Fuja ko faaji ni!First, everyone Wasiu (Ayinde) mentioned in his Flavour album as having played Fuji before Barrister never did. We have challenged K1 to bring evidence of any recorded song by anyone before 1966 when Barrister released his first Fuji album.Up till now, neither Wasiu nor anyone else, including some of the Were exponents who were Barrister’s seniors and who are still alive. NONE HAS BROUGHT ANY EVIDENCEof the existence of Fuji music before 1966.Secondly, on the modernisation and acceptance of Fuji, only the younger generations would say Wasiu modernised Fuji
because his popularity and songs coincided with their own teen years and growing up. That’s what they experienced.For the older generations, Fuji shredded it’s local garb by 1976 immediately Barrister left the military and began full time career in music. NOTE pls that he started music in 1958, singingWere music. From the late 1970’s when K1 was still an apprentice under
Barrister, Fuji had already wrestled down Sakara music and was competing strongly with Apala.Barrister’s several (documented) encounters with Ayinla Omowura from 1973 would show you this clearly. By mid 70’s, Fuji was already making Juju uncomfortable. Go back to several encounters between Barrister and Sunny Ade by mid 70’s when Sunny Ade was staging weekly show at Hogan Bassey and Barrister was doing same at Miliki Spot, Ebute Meta same Thursdays night.The Fuji that you claimed wasonly known by some part of Yoruba land until K1 emerged was taken to London by Barrister for a concert as at 1978. The same period Barrister gave the genre it’s definition in his album: “Who can tell me the full meaning of Fuji… Fuji music is a combination of Sakara, Apala, Juju, Afro, Gudugudu, Aro “. This remains the operating guidelines for all Fuji musicians including K1 till date.In the 70’s, Fuji music was allover the Yoruba land, cutting into the Christian community.It was already into many cities in Nigeria. Contrary to your claim, the educated, politicians, business tycoons were already big

(1) (Reply)

App Review:sing+ Is A Must-have For Every Music Lover In Africa / DOWNLOAD MP3: WNF Ft Kelvin Rhymez — Radio Song / Music: Tee Berry Feat. Rc Baba – Kack It Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.