Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,349 members, 7,920,298 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 12:27 AM

NDDC Has Failed Niger Deltans – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NDDC Has Failed Niger Deltans – Jonathan (1043 Views)

IMC of NDDC Has Not Been Dissolved / Your Blackmail On New Amnesty Boss Has Failed – Niger Delta Emancipation Group / 'Diezani & Orubebe Failed Niger Deltans' - Asari Dokubo (Photos,Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDDC Has Failed Niger Deltans – Jonathan by realjoker(m): 9:50pm On May 24, 2017
Former President Goodluck Jonathan has criticised the Niger Delta Development Commission, saying the agency has failed to provide the needed infrastructural development in the region.
Speaking at the occasion of the Rivers State 50th year anniversary in Port Harcourt, Wednesday, Mr. Jonathan said fiscal federalism was the system that would work better to facilitate development in the country.
“This will allow states to assume control of the exploitation of their natural resources and mandate them to pay adequate taxes to the Federal Government,” said Mr. Jonathan.
“My conviction that fiscal federalism will initiate faster development is born out of a comparison between the intervention Agencies and the 13 percent derivation. From the days of Special Funds, through OMPADEC to now NDDC, the Federal Government has provided funds for the development of the oil bearing communities but very little physical infrastructure to show for it.
“This is so because these bodies are highly political and lack continuity as tenures are hardly completed. New Federal Government administrations appoint new teams who award new contracts hence the zone is littered with abandoned projects.
“I believe that without the 13 percent derivation, action governors like Wike would not have the capital to drive his ambitious developmental projects. With fiscal federalism, the pace of development will be even faster.”
Mr. Jonathan said although the country is doing well in many areas, several issues have continued to agitate its citizens.
“Our people want us to improve on the way we govern ourselves. That was why in 2014 I set up the National Conference to examine the grey areas and proffer viable options that will accelerate our political, social and economic development. I am convinced that implementation of the Report will help resolve some of the problems in our country,” he said.
“It is also my conviction that the future of democracy, not only in Nigeria but across the entire continent of Africa, lies in putting the people first. This will entail not only working to improve their lives but also respecting their rights to freely chose who to represent them, without let or hindrance.
“That way, they will be able to wrap their hope and future around the certainty of the declaration that real power belongs to them, and that the maxim of one man one vote is not just mere platitude.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/232098-nddc-has-failed-niger-deltans-jonathan.html
lalasticlala
Re: NDDC Has Failed Niger Deltans – Jonathan by smartty68(m): 9:55pm On May 24, 2017
Believe me, I'm tired of reading all this Nigerian crap called daily newsundecided

They rob the entire citizens of their entitlements and still expects we listen to them lipsrsealed
Re: NDDC Has Failed Niger Deltans – Jonathan by PharmaGirl(f): 9:57pm On May 24, 2017
wow
Re: NDDC Has Failed Niger Deltans – Jonathan by hucienda: 10:01pm On May 24, 2017
President Jonathan, you were at the helm for five years. Why did you not push for this same fiscal federalism through the legislature? Your party had the presidency, senate and HoR.

APC campaigned on same. They currently have the three as well - presidency, senate and HoR. Now they've thrown it out the window. When they're out of power, they'll pick it outside the window and resume making noise about it.

Now Atiku is stylishly singing same song.

Dunno why we are like this in this country.

5 Likes

Re: NDDC Has Failed Niger Deltans – Jonathan by omenkaLives(m): 10:18pm On May 24, 2017
When people with brains are talking, this airhead too would raise his voice.

Smh. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: NDDC Has Failed Niger Deltans – Jonathan by smemud(m): 10:22pm On May 24, 2017
eeya,sorry oga jona I can feel ur pain
Re: NDDC Has Failed Niger Deltans – Jonathan by Khd95(m): 10:26pm On May 24, 2017
lookat this failure

u failed humanity GEJ,with the same NDDC,u made some pple stupendously rich,now ure crying foul

when u were at the helm of affairs,u had the golden opportunity to make that region better,but no,u chose to close ur eyes nd block ur eyes to those wolves in sheep's clothing who almost looted naija dry

4 Likes

Re: NDDC Has Failed Niger Deltans – Jonathan by koropotopoto: 10:28pm On May 24, 2017
[s]
omenkaLives:

Smh. cheesy
[/s]
Rubbish

4 Likes

Re: NDDC Has Failed Niger Deltans – Jonathan by kuuljay(m): 10:36pm On May 24, 2017
Leadership is the problem in this country just as he has said we keep saying we are short changed yet the little that is given for special intervention disappears and they keep asking for more,we are not failing because its Hausa that is in power we are failing because we all are currupt housa Igbo Yoruba all of us are corrupt

2 Likes

Re: NDDC Has Failed Niger Deltans – Jonathan by CoolFreeday(m): 10:54pm On May 24, 2017
Why didn't he say that when his boys where there doing nothing but eating money?
Its not too late, as a former President, let him push for some legislative action on NDDC, that will be a good way to start instead of this unnecessary complain.

2 Likes

Re: NDDC Has Failed Niger Deltans – Jonathan by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:57pm On May 24, 2017
Nonsense from Jonathan. Who ask u? Did u help when you were there?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDDC Has Failed Niger Deltans – Jonathan by Victornezzar: 11:06pm On May 24, 2017
omenkaLives:

Smh. cheesy
Yeah Bro
Also wen dey said people with certificates should come out
Ur vegetable also came out

1 Like

Re: NDDC Has Failed Niger Deltans – Jonathan by Justuceleague2: 7:00am On May 25, 2017
Says three Commander in Thief of all Failures

Bros you nor get shame?

1 Like

Re: NDDC Has Failed Niger Deltans – Jonathan by Justuceleague2: 7:03am On May 25, 2017
omenkaLives:

Smh. cheesy

And some people with altered brains will come and foam in the mouth about how their son of the soil is the best of the bests

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDDC Has Failed Niger Deltans – Jonathan by Justuceleague2: 7:06am On May 25, 2017
This Dan banza shege mutum is now forming coach from bench, 5 year all you did was release money, approve fraud, endorse corruption , now it's paining you that NDDC didn't perform Bros you collect Masters degree for stupidity

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDDC Has Failed Niger Deltans – Jonathan by Nobody: 7:23am On May 25, 2017
this calamity,failure, idiot and clueless buffoon called GEJ should shut the fvck up...... and should keep hiding his ugly face in shame. you thought Aso Rock was built by your father, you fly presidential helicopter from Aso rock to you compound and from your compound back to Aso Rock. come and fly again na..... thunder locate you there!

2 Likes

Re: NDDC Has Failed Niger Deltans – Jonathan by omenkaLives(m): 7:26am On May 25, 2017
Victornezzar:

Yeah Bro
Also wen dey said people with certificates should come out
Ur vegetable also came out
What some of the ignorant little minds on this forum don't seem to realise is that I couldn't care less what they say about Buhari, and I have never and will never frontally confront anyone who calls him names, it is just not my business.

My interest is Nigeria and i tend to commend those who do her good.

Ironically, on this forum, we see those who call others zombies behave like the most vicious zombies. cheesy

Call Jonathan the ineffectual buffoon he is and see them immerge from their graves to attack you. cheesy

Call Buhari whatever you like, it is none of my business. But Jogogoro remains the most useless ineffectual buffoon in the universe.

Oya, kill yourself. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: NDDC Has Failed Niger Deltans – Jonathan by obailala(m): 7:38am On May 25, 2017
Lol... Uncle Jona
Re: NDDC Has Failed Niger Deltans – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:39am On May 25, 2017
GEJ ,the ineffectual buffon has failed Niger Delta

1 Like

Re: NDDC Has Failed Niger Deltans – Jonathan by Victornezzar: 8:47am On May 25, 2017
omenkaLives:
What some of the ignorant little minds on this forum don't seem to realise is that I couldn't care less what they say about Buhari, and I have never and will never frontally confront anyone who calls him names, it is just not my business.

My interest is Nigeria and i tend to commend those who do her good.

Ironically, on this forum, we see those who call others zombies behave like the most vicious zombies. cheesy

Call Jonathan the ineffectual buffoon he is and see them immerge from their graves to attack you. cheesy

Call Buhari whatever you like, it is none of my business. But Jogogoro remains the most useless ineffectual buffoon in the universe.

Oya, kill yourself. cheesy
Seems BMC isn't paying again
We all know Jonathan was clueless but he's far beta dan Buhari
Re: NDDC Has Failed Niger Deltans – Jonathan by seunmsg(m): 9:00am On May 25, 2017
Our people want us to improve on the way we govern ourselves. That was why in 2014 I set up the National Conference to examine the grey areas and proffer viable options that will accelerate our political, social and economic development. I am convinced that implementation of the Report will help resolve some of the problems in our country,”

Jonathan should cover his face in shame and stop disturbing our peace. The confab report was submitted to him in mid 2014 and he did nothing about it till he left office. Now, he's advocating for others to implement what he refused to do while in office.

It's even more funny to hear him talk about fiscal federalism and the failures of NDDC. This guy was vice president for 3 years and president for 6 years and yet, did absolutely nothing about these issues. Instead, he presided over the large scale looting of the country and now that he has lost both power and influence, he's making noise and disturbing us. Very insincere and clueless buffoon.

2 Likes

Re: NDDC Has Failed Niger Deltans – Jonathan by obonujoker(m): 9:21am On May 25, 2017
Buhari is just a dumb head
Re: NDDC Has Failed Niger Deltans – Jonathan by BlackMbakara1(m): 9:25am On May 25, 2017
I come hear to read comments from the Hero's peeps... grin

(1) (Reply)

Ambode Signs Agreement With Investors On Lagos 3,000 MW Embedded Power Project / A Party Funded By Dokpesi Is That One A Party / “I Have Never Said Anything Against The LGBT Community In Lagos” - Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.