Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,821 members, 7,976,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 06:56 PM

The Fast And Furious Generation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fast And Furious Generation (332 Views)

Gas Shortage: Blackout Looms Nationwide As Gencos Cut Generation / Kogi 2019: Hoodlums Set SDP Secretariat In Lokoja On Fire, Reps Member Furious / Adedotun Tejuoso, Funmilayo Tejuoso's Son Furious At Governor Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fast And Furious Generation by ariesbull: 7:05am On May 25, 2017
We are by every standard at variance with the generation of our older counterpart. Whatever product or service you are offering today, if speed is not part of your value proposition then your profitability is dead before arrival. The revolution of the internet technology has also enhanced this speed. Activities such as visiting fast food joints which were hitherto seen as fast is now considered slow these days because the food can be ordered online; same applies to going to the market, mail deliveries, banking, transportation, and even church services.
However, what implication does this have for us today? The truth of the matter is that time is always of essence, time is money, time is life you have to get things done very fast. Unfortunately, this need for speed as fostered by modern technologies has also found its tentacle into our living philosophies and the finished product ; that is called impatience.

Ours is a generation that want everything so fast, we want to get rich quick without the due process, even on our campuses, student projects are so watery these days because they are produced through copy and paste of relevant and irrelevant content from Wikipedia. Pastors need to shrink their services to 1 hour or 30 minutes because they are preaching to a congregation with extremely low attention span. Broken marriages are on the rise because people meet on social media today and get married in real life the next day-no thorough research! The convenient excuse for our impatience these days is that there is no time and we have a standby ally in technology which constantly fuels our need for speed. Let’s face it, we are fast and furious generation.
We do not repair we are best at replacing because the cost of replacement is now cheaper-just go online, everything is there. Attention to details? Very poor! Media houses used to be very authoritative. Our perceptions were shaped by their opinions; it was easy to entrust our cognition to them knowing that journalism works amidst certain professional ethics that require proper verification before publishing. Today, they are constantly under pressure to break the news ahead millions of citizen journalists, so much so that they are often caught in the web of false alarms leading to continuous loss of trust.
Growing up, we used to have competitions like Spelling B to test the ability of students in spelling and good English; these days we write in short hand ‘LOL, LLNP, HBD, HNM’ ‘through is tru; thanks is now tnx’ among others.

In the end, although there is need for speed, we must also understand that speed kills. So, repent O ye Fast and furious generation and learn to strike a balance. May God help us all including me because this my write up sef, I was so in a hurry to publish that I didn’t bother to edit the typos. So, when you see typos just forgive me for I know not what I do. I’m just another product of the Fast and Furious generation.

http://etimes.com.ng/fast-furious-generation/
Re: The Fast And Furious Generation by Afonjashapmouth: 7:06am On May 25, 2017
Eye opening write up kudos op

1 Like

Re: The Fast And Furious Generation by tollyboy5(m): 10:14am On May 25, 2017
it not our fault time is illusion the others are in the future and we live in the past thats why we became fast and furious
Re: The Fast And Furious Generation by Justuceleague2: 10:20am On May 25, 2017
If only youths will harness this

(1) (Reply)

My State @50 / How Physically Challenged Are Helping To Build Calabar 21mw Power Plant / Do You Really Know Buhari?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.