Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,107 members, 7,887,223 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:16 AM

10 Things The Bible Tells Us About Anger - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Things The Bible Tells Us About Anger (473 Views)

It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit / See What The Bible Tells Ladies Who Are Refusing To Accept Men. / What Does The Bible Say About Anger? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things The Bible Tells Us About Anger by joshme(m): 1:48pm On May 25, 2017
10 Things The Bible Tells Us About Anger

Take it from me: anger is not a lovely emotion to have around. For many years I had a major anger stronghold in my life that acted as a dark cloud hovering over my relationships with family, interactions with friends, and frustrations with strangers. It was something so heavy that I felt like I had no control when it wanted its way.

More than a decade ago, at a youth camp my senior year of high school, God delivered me from the stronghold; the only instant deliverance I’ve ever experienced. The weight I felt lifted is one of the biggest reliefs I’ve ever experienced and to know freedom from anger is truly a gift.

Having struggled with anger for many years I can speak to its destruction and the flip side of a life away from it. In fact, the Bible has a lot to say as well. Here are ten things the Bible tells us about anger.
1. Words can fuel or diffuse anger. (Proverbs 15:1)

Words have great power and it’s no different when it comes to anger. Proverbs tells us that a gentle word can turn away wrath and that a harsh one can stir it up. The power you have to fuel or diffuse anger in a tense conversation or situation is both heavy and fragile. You can completely change the dynamic of a situation with one word.

When you’re faced with the chance to fuel or diffuse anger, what words will you choose to use?

2. Anger leads to sin. (Genesis 49:6)

Anger has the ability to lead to sin. This happens because when we become angry, rational thought often goes out the door. When rational thought flees, our boundaries grow weak and thus, unclear. It’s here our right and wrong is blurred and sin can step in...http:///articles/10-things-bible-tells-us-anger/

Re: 10 Things The Bible Tells Us About Anger by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 26, 2017
This "anger" issue is deep, deep & very serious.
Alongside "pride" & others, this will be many folks' downfalls.
I've been told sometimes that I laugh too much...and a few times inappropriately (which I honestly don't do on purpose).
But you know what?
I'll take laughter over anger anyday.... smiley
I must laugh rather than get angry...
That anger issue has physical (emotional and psychological) & spiritual consequences.
Folks better wake-up & deal with this.

Good post...
Re: 10 Things The Bible Tells Us About Anger by joshme(m): 10:44am On May 30, 2017
MZLady39:
This "anger" issue is deep, deep & very serious.
Alongside "pride" & others, this will be many folks' downfalls.
I've been told sometimes that I laugh too much...and a few times inappropriately (which I honestly don't do on purpose).
But you know what?
I'll take laughter over anger anyday.... smiley
I must laugh rather than get angry...
That anger issue has physical (emotional and psychological) & spiritual consequences.
Folks better wake-up & deal with this.

Good post...

good one, laughter is better than anger anyday....keep it up

1 Like

Re: 10 Things The Bible Tells Us About Anger by AccidentalGenius: 11:28am On May 30, 2017
anger is divine. yahweh, in one of his great angers, commanded bears to attack children, flooded the middle east, burnded down a city and many more. anger is divine

(1) (Reply)

Churches In Abuja.... Do You Need A Professional Sound Engineer??? / No Relationship Btw Religion And Prosperity/wealth / Teachings Of Nagualism: 4. Using Death As An Advisor.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.