Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,146 members, 7,967,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 02:51 PM

Nigerian Media Condenms Bbc Interview With Yar' Adua - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Media Condenms Bbc Interview With Yar' Adua (584 Views)

Video: Watch President Jonathan's BBC Interview / Boko Haram "Pushed Out In A Month" - Goodluck Jonathan BBC Interview / Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Media Condenms Bbc Interview With Yar' Adua by uzoo: 5:12pm On Jan 15, 2010
i was watching this on one of the local tv stations where Tony momoh and other media owners were upset
by the choice of media the president used in breaking the silence about his health wear abouts.

its bad enough he has to be flown abroad to get medical treatment, since our past and present corrupt leaders have rendered our basic health care system useless and not being able to meet up to international standards.

our dear president now had to grant a phone interview with a BBC reporter about his health and where abouts this is after media houses in Nigeria had speculated about his health and the report flying out of the online US newspaper that President Yar' Adua was dead.

you can only draw your conclusions from this act.
Re: Nigerian Media Condenms Bbc Interview With Yar' Adua by uzoo: 6:00pm On Jan 15, 2010
correction pls

health "wear abouts."

where abouts
Re: Nigerian Media Condenms Bbc Interview With Yar' Adua by Kobojunkie: 6:02pm On Jan 15, 2010
Ok!!! So? Why should we care what the media has to say of the interview? It is not like they have been feeding us quality information all this while.
Re: Nigerian Media Condenms Bbc Interview With Yar' Adua by ElRazur: 6:06pm On Jan 15, 2010
I think the thread title should have been "Nigeria Media condemns Yar'dua for interview with BBC".

From my point of view, I think he picked a foreign outlet as a snub to the local media. After all, they are the one reporting speculation and drivel about his death.

As for the media even trying to condemn anyone, have they ever wonder why people do not take Nigeria media serious? Some of them have no idea about the basics of journalism and are more concerned about Sensationalism so as to sell paper.

For example a typical story about an highway accident would be reported with the following headlines: "Motor car tumbles on motorway. Dead body scatter everywhere" when it could be headlined as "Tragic accident on High way leaves scores dead"

I mean, which one will sell paper the most? This is some of the thing killing our media, no quality at all. Sucks.
Re: Nigerian Media Condenms Bbc Interview With Yar' Adua by chidichris(m): 11:03am On Jan 16, 2010
this is one thing the nigerian media has failed to do so they shld be praising the foriegn medias for progressing where they have failed.
it is high time our local media houses made their own yar adua and interview him in their own ways.
nigeria is not only a fraud but it is also also a joke.
Re: Nigerian Media Condenms Bbc Interview With Yar' Adua by Frank101: 11:07am On Jan 16, 2010
what else do they expect from a president whose brain is damaged.The guy is not thinking well.

(1) (Reply)

Educate A Child, Touch A Life, Its Really Easy. / 5 Prayer Point For Jonathan. / Response By National Governments To Haiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.