Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,237 members, 7,887,667 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:05 PM

Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job? (19443 Views)

How Would You Answer This 'strange' Interview Question? / Best Answer To The Interview Question - Why Hire You? / How To Answer the terrific "Tell Me About Yourself?" Interview Question. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job? by assisttohire: 4:30pm On May 26, 2017
INTERVIEW QUESTION: WHY DO YOU WANT THIS JOB?

This is a common interview question. Resist the urge to make this question about yourself. The interviewer is not interested in hearing that your rent is almost due or you have two children to feed. Even if it's true, do not mention salary, work hours, or location as the primary reasons you want the job. Focus on how you can benefit the company, not how the company or job can benefit you.

Research the company before the interview

Interviewers want a response that shows you've done research on the company and the job role. Make sure you research the company and you understand some basic information about both the company and the job. Your goal is to get a sense of their current goals and projects they are working on. When you answer the question, you can mention specific aspects of the company and position that appeal to you. Express enthusiasm for the company.

Match Your Skills and Experiences With the Role

Be specific about what makes you a good fit for this role. To prepare your answer, make a list of the requirements of the job as explained in the job listing, and then note which requirements match your skills and experience. In your answer, highlight a few of your abilities that qualify you for the job.

Emphasize what you can contribute.

What value will you add to the position? Mention any skills or work achievements that make you a unique, strong candidate for the job. You can use numbers to express how you can add value to the company. For example, if you increased sales at your previous company, mention this, and express your interest in doing the same for the company.

Example:

I want this job because it emphasizes sales and marketing, two of my greatest skill sets. In my previous job, I increased sales by 20% even while the nation was experiencing a recessive economy. I know I could bring my eight years of sales and marketing experience to this company, and help you continue your years of growth.

Assist to Hire is an employment social networking connecting suitable employees with the right employers.
If you are a candidate looking for work or an employer looking to hire?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job? by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 26, 2017
Because I want to marry the GM

5 Likes

Re: Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job? by frenzydilz(m): 7:10pm On May 26, 2017
Cos I am broke and I have no means of earning

13 Likes

Re: Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job? by jeyselassie(m): 9:11pm On May 27, 2017
because of the chibok girls.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job? by ednut1(m): 7:39am On May 29, 2017
lipsrsealed

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job? by HomesOfLife(m): 7:40am On May 29, 2017
smiley
Re: Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job? by MrJaydpro: 7:40am On May 29, 2017
Be honest, Because I am broke and jobless, and they say..... An idle mind is the devil's workshop. I have needs to cater for plenty of financial responsibilities, so I need this job to sort those out... As for my input into ur organization?? I am well qualified for this job and I will do everything required of me just to keep this job, please let us just keep aside all those "formatted and templated" answers to interview questions. Give me this job for the sake of humanity and for the growth of Ur organization please. Thanks...

Honesty pays! cheesy cheesy cheesy

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job? by gannod(m): 7:42am On May 29, 2017
MykOnyxo:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job? by ChristineC: 7:42am On May 29, 2017
Nigga I'm broke angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job? by crazyABO(m): 7:44am On May 29, 2017
Because I don't have any choice cool
Re: Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job? by Nobody: 7:45am On May 29, 2017
Because. Just because.
Re: Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job? by Benjom(m): 7:46am On May 29, 2017
Good effort.

Those who have ears...

...but to get to that stage of interview, you need a catchy CV. Here are great samples: www..com/cv-samples/
Re: Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job? by Nofuckgiven: 7:47am On May 29, 2017
To make ends meet not necessarily because I love the job undecided

2 Likes

Re: Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job? by mosesbola(f): 7:48am On May 29, 2017
Because i want to take your postion in the company

5 Likes

Re: Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job? by MrJaydpro: 7:49am On May 29, 2017
jeyselassie:
because of the chibok girls.

Today is public holiday, little wonder u got so high lastnyt, hangover still de worry u abi?? Just try sleep u will be fine grin

2 Likes

Re: Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job? by dingbang(m): 7:49am On May 29, 2017
Because I'm the hitman cool
Re: Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job? by generaluthman: 7:49am On May 29, 2017
cool
Re: Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job? by herkeym001(m): 7:50am On May 29, 2017
Becos I need a job
Re: Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job? by finnestdope(m): 7:51am On May 29, 2017
Because i need the job
Re: Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job? by bukynkwuenu: 7:53am On May 29, 2017
simply say I need the job so I don't die of hunger.....and a hungry man can do everything right to get paid

3 Likes

Re: Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job? by ItalianWine(f): 7:53am On May 29, 2017
undecided

10 Likes

Re: Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job? by oshe11: 7:53am On May 29, 2017
Why Do I want the JOB..........?

Cos I need the fu#cking Money Mehn.....

Promise to pay me the money weekly n watch me leave Ur fu#cking job 4 U......

Its all abt the Benjiz Mehn
Re: Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job? by ivcraig(m): 7:54am On May 29, 2017
This post was copied from another site, thebalance.com. Nigerians don't like to work hard. OP be original, write ur own post.
Re: Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job? by bukynkwuenu: 7:55am On May 29, 2017
ivcraig:
This post was copied from another site, thebalance.com. Nigerians don't like to work hard. OP be original, write ur own post.

possibly thebalance.com copied from somewhere else....pls let circle continue

4 Likes

Re: Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job? by Femich18(m): 8:06am On May 29, 2017
MykOnyxo:
you have gotten the job already

2 Likes

Re: Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job? by Adagba1: 8:26am On May 29, 2017
Enough of how to answer interview questions,be yourself,answer what you know if the job is yours it will come to you.it works for me always.

2 Likes

Re: Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job? by technicallyrich(m): 8:27am On May 29, 2017
I want the job to increase on my experience.and to take your organization to the next level.

4 Likes

Re: Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job? by Nbote(m): 8:36am On May 29, 2017
because I don't have any other job... Lobatan.. All these interviewers jus b asking job seekers plenty annoying questions.

After I write application still submit CV...
Can we meet U?
Are u doubting my CV and application or U think say na my neighbor CV b dat? Anyway na me b dis e no remain.

Why do u want to work with us?
No b una say make ppl submit CV and apply? Why u want ppl to apply in d first place is why I want to work with U..

Where do u see urself in 5yrs? Oga if wishes were horses, na Canada I go see myself but if not I can't see myself

How much do u want us to pay U?
Dis is d most annoying because most tyms dem jus dey give u hope and won't give u d job.. I tell u how much I want, U won't give me. I try to dodge, U'll insist and still not give me what I want..

Applicants don suffer for dis country.. And d annoying part is U must have experience.. D experience unemployment and of attending numerous interviews shld count these days abeg jare.. And why is everything all about marketing these days...

10 Likes

Re: Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job? by mirabel001(f): 8:56am On May 29, 2017
after stressin urself...stil nofin for u....we wil get back to u

2 Likes

Re: Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job? by Rasheedinho3(m): 9:03am On May 29, 2017
They most annoying part is where they know you're an entry level and they'll still be asking you for experience.

I'm really in need of a job o. I studied Economics and I'm through with Service.

Please help a brother out!!!
Re: Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job? by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:16am On May 29, 2017
Loooollll..... employers and their clichéd questionings..... smiley

Why do I want this job? Sir, Ma? You really wanna know? You don't mind my being frank?

Interviewers: Go right ahead son.... we wanna hear what you wanna say.

Me: Promise me you won't use it against me.

Interviewers: We won't son... we promise. Our word is our bond.

Me: is it because your company got the word, "Bond" in its name? I need solid promise Sir.

Interviewers' head: You got it son. Shoot....

Me: Okay then.... first of all, why I want this job? very simple... I need the money Sir. And Ma'am, don't gimme that look, we all need the money. Would you be sitting here talking to me if no one will pay you for interviewing all prospective employees who walk through that door?? Come on, let's be real... And you Sir, would you take a job just for passion's sake forgetting that your son junior needs money for a new bike?? huh?
How about you Madam with the specs on? How would your daughter feel when you come home each day from work with no money, nothing to show that she can get that new glossy ballerina dress huh? Or you Madam with a wig... who obviously got a son whose birthday comes up in a month's time or so and needs to throw a party as he enters Teenhood.... see? we all need the money.... wink

That's number 1....

Number 2 is simple.... because Someday, I am gonna be your boss. grin

**Hahaha Very funny angry
Re: Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job? by airprinz(m): 9:28am On May 29, 2017
Nbote:
because I don't have any other job... Lobatan.. All these interviewers jus b asking job seekers plenty annoying questions.

After I write application still submit CV...
Can we meet U?
Are u doubting my CV and application or U think say na my neighbor CV b dat? Anyway na me b dis e no remain.

Why do u want to work with us?
No b una say make ppl submit CV and apply? Why u want ppl to apply in d first place is why I want to work with U..

Where do u see urself in 5yrs? Oga if wishes were horses, na Canada I go see myself but if not I can't see myself

How much do u want us to pay U?
Dis is d most annoying because most tyms dem jus dey give u hope and won't give u d job.. I tell u how much I want, U won't give me. I try to dodge, U'll insist and still not give me what I want..

Applicants don suffer for dis country.. And d annoying part is U must have experience.. D experience unemployment and of attending numerous interviews shld count these days abeg jare.. And why is everything all about marketing these days...
hmm!! it is well. Uve said all what I wanted to say

(1) (2) (Reply)

4 Unusual Ways To Get A New Job (True Story) / N7000 Teaching Job In Adamawa Or Moving To Lagos? / "Why Should We Hire You?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.