Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,165 members, 7,903,854 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 10:28 PM

Up Akala: Oyo To Renovate 4 Hospitals With N4.6bn - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Up Akala: Oyo To Renovate 4 Hospitals With N4.6bn (3218 Views)

Wada Begins Building Of N4.6bn Bridge 7days To End Of Tenure / Fashola Moves To Power Schools, Hospitals With Solar. PICS / Boko Haram's `Accountant’ Arrested With N4.5m Cash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Up Akala: Oyo To Renovate 4 Hospitals With N4.6bn by 1forall: 1:30am On Jan 17, 2010
Ah, babanla thievry! If he really must spend that much [N4.6bn is a lot] money because he really has the upgrade of state health facilities in mind, why doesnt he build 1 small to mid-size hospital in each of the 33 local governments?

Cos even at a cost of say N100 million each, he would not just be upgrading 4 dilapidated hospitals which are all in Ibadan [do all Oyo residents live in Ibadan?] but would be providing access to better health care services to Oyo citizens state wide and at a whooping N1.6bn less than his proposed white elephant project.

I cant be fooled into thinking that true health care service improvement was the motivation for such a stupendous contract award.

Like all the other irresponsible leaders we have in power, self-aggrandisement is the only motivation for whatever he does.

One day the bush meat go catch the hunter! angry angry
Re: Up Akala: Oyo To Renovate 4 Hospitals With N4.6bn by sheff(m): 3:16am On Jan 17, 2010
The ASIWAJU ABORA OF YORUBA LAND(chief of bleaching ppl) has started his drama again in a way to enrich him self and his political associates or family!!! N4.6BILLION for hospital renovation? this insane man just want to drain OYO STATE treasury at all cost all in the name of last minute project for second term campaign GOD SAVE US ONTIMEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Up Akala: Oyo To Renovate 4 Hospitals With N4.6bn by nas00(m): 3:51am On Jan 17, 2010
What Akala did (?renovation) at Adeoyo Maternity hospital speaks loud and clear against him that this one is a huge joke.

He 'spent' billions in Adeoyo only to paint the blocks, fit aluminium windows, change few beds 'n mattresses, and buy gadgets (e.g. Air conditioners and ceiling fans) that functioned last on the day the crappy project was declared open for public use.

Interested NLers can go there and see the remains of Akala's much publicized Adeoyo renovation project in just less than 2 years. Akala has no taste, no standards and no be im fault he's a bloody illiterate. That's why most of d items bought by d 'contractor' who renovated adeoyo were fake and sub-standard. From fake Shinco airconditioners (which one be shinco? We know of samsung, panasonic, LG, Newclime, Akira. Na only Akala fit accept Shinco from contractor, I trust Fashola will not. Fashola will accept only the best) to terribly looking locally made delivery couches in the labour room. No functioning suction machine (midwife had to suction d newborn's airway by sucking thru a small hose with her own mouth! Omo, I no fit cry). U cannot do a single laboratory investigation in adeoyo (not even simple microscopy!) The hospital just be like Museum , and someone says he has renovated Adeoyo with those billions?

All these give me a sneaking hunch that Mr Akala and his Commisioner for health may not know what it entails to renovate a hospital. Facility and equipment should take priority apart from painting and deceiving the public.

I'm certain over half of this 4.6bn will go unaccounted for.
God dey. cry cry cry
Re: Up Akala: Oyo To Renovate 4 Hospitals With N4.6bn by Nobody: 6:18am On Jan 17, 2010
support guvnor bling bling

meanwhile the phocking traditional rulers in the state will be canvassing for odua republic - when there are more pressing challenges lie calling the bleacher to order.
Re: Up Akala: Oyo To Renovate 4 Hospitals With N4.6bn by Nobody: 7:01am On Jan 17, 2010
The beauty of press is that its pleasing 2 d eyes. those ppl are thieves and it wont b d 1st publicity stunt. thats how they promised medical students of oyo state N100k, final year students ONLY. i leav u 2 figure it out. those ppl are thieves.
Re: Up Akala: Oyo To Renovate 4 Hospitals With N4.6bn by PACHRIS(m): 8:41am On Jan 17, 2010
Why hailing this gullible policeman he is renovating hospital in ibadan why ibadan and not Oke ogun and Ibarapa i hope he is not bribing ibadan people for 2011 Akala is the worst Governor so far come to oyo state and see yourself he is not performing no employment nothing he is only interested in party and feasting
Re: Up Akala: Oyo To Renovate 4 Hospitals With N4.6bn by Realtol(m): 10:40am On Jan 17, 2010
To hell with Adedibu for imposing an half baked, illiterate, stupid and idiotic governor on good and peace loving oyo state people. 4.6b! Ha, perhaps he wanted to import a whole new hospitals and not revonation maybe it was the reporter that didn't understand mr akala, and dishonourable commissioner. I'm sure he wanted to import a whole brand new hospital not renovation
Re: Up Akala: Oyo To Renovate 4 Hospitals With N4.6bn by chriswu(m): 1:28pm On Jan 17, 2010
Isn't 4.6bn rather too much to spend on renovating 4 hospitals. i feel there's a bit of scam in there, Anyway, this is Naija
Re: Up Akala: Oyo To Renovate 4 Hospitals With N4.6bn by akano1: 2:19pm On Jan 17, 2010
this guy called akala must be a terorist. this time not bill board,not gold smith industry on his body. 4.6b for renovation ah, akala. this guy is looking for money to campaign election is at the corner. omo oyo beware!!!!!!!!
Re: Up Akala: Oyo To Renovate 4 Hospitals With N4.6bn by chriswu(m): 2:22pm On Jan 17, 2010
@Akano 1, you just hit the nail on the head. Na money for d coming election he is hustling for. i just realise am now. this country na wa o
Re: Up Akala: Oyo To Renovate 4 Hospitals With N4.6bn by Demdem(m): 3:08pm On Jan 17, 2010
Fhemmmy:

That is my fear too, but i wanna give the dude a chance to see what he will do, before i make more comment. . . . time will tell

This dude deserve no other chance at all fhemmy. He should be IMPEACHED and immediately sent to jail. PERIOD. angry angry angry
Re: Up Akala: Oyo To Renovate 4 Hospitals With N4.6bn by mashaun(m): 3:11pm On Jan 17, 2010
i wish he hears what people say abt him.
if vanguard should organize a worst governor poll,i bet wt you,he is going to win.
that is another opportunity to rubb pple of oyo state so dt "o yato governor" can get some cash to :
order for new set of jewellery
packs of bleachg cream
cartns of beers 4rm NB plc
to spray alh S.A Barrister and kwam 1
then kemi needs some millions to throw arround wt friend.
dont mind oga he is a "retired or which oyinbo"police officer
he needs money to waste for 2011 he can never win
"IRAN IBADAN KAN KO NI SIN IJOBA KAN NI EEMEJI"
Re: Up Akala: Oyo To Renovate 4 Hospitals With N4.6bn by banffy: 3:27pm On Jan 17, 2010
I trust the Yellow pawpaw Gov
He is definitely planing something
Amala politics Baba
Re: Up Akala: Oyo To Renovate 4 Hospitals With N4.6bn by Phony200(m): 3:50pm On Jan 17, 2010
I hope the money includes cloning machines and skin cancer test kits.
Re: Up Akala: Oyo To Renovate 4 Hospitals With N4.6bn by damilola15: 4:15pm On Jan 17, 2010
Phony200:

I hope the money includes cloning machines and skin cancer test kits.
grin grin grin
I would include a section for skin toning.
Re: Up Akala: Oyo To Renovate 4 Hospitals With N4.6bn by EchuaA: 4:27pm On Jan 17, 2010
Wil he spend dis lot and stil spend state fund 2travel abroad 4medical checkup and treatment? Let him promise dat if dis money is spent on d renovation, no member of his family or those of his cabinet including himself wil undertake any medical trip abroad. then his ppl wil believe him unequivocally
Re: Up Akala: Oyo To Renovate 4 Hospitals With N4.6bn by MT: 4:28pm On Jan 17, 2010
Why is it that Tribune Newspaper suddenly turn the mouthpiece of Akala ?. I have observed that after Tribune Newspaper reported the 9million plus (the remainder of the amount she took to party to spray embarassed) in raw cash that armed robbers stole from Akala's daughter's car boot which generated a lot of controversy between the Tribune Newspaper and Oyo State Govt,  ever since , Tribune Newspaper had been "indirectly " serving as the platform for this useless governor to project his non-existing image.

This case has ever been swept under the carpet, without Tribune Newspaper pursuing the case to its logical conclusion as it would have been done in some nations.

Does that mean that Tribune Newspaper (Awolowo's paper) had been bought over by this pig of a Governor ?. This was the same governor who banned the sales of the Punch Newspaper in  Oyo State after they reported him as the worst performing governor in Nigeria.

Press should be at the vanguard of liberty and not against it. I am so dissapointed in Tribune Newspaper!.

PS: I knew the poster referenced thisdayonline, but tribune newspaper had been partisan in the way they report anything as touching Akala. I sent them a mail regarding my observation which they refused to even reply.
Re: Up Akala: Oyo To Renovate 4 Hospitals With N4.6bn by Devonian(m): 8:51pm On Jan 17, 2010
The question we should be asking ourselves on this forum is this: how many previous projects have been satisfactorily completed by Akala's administration which guarantees the electorate that this is not an 'elephant' project aimed at siphoning 4.6billion naria? It would make sense if Akala's administration picked one hospital, say, Ado Oyo in Ibadan, bring it to the 'state of art' that it should be, to exemplify how the remaining hospitals billed to be revamped would look like. Nigerian leaders are, by and large, very, very corrupt and should all, in the Jerry Rawling's Ghanaian Style, be  eliminated.
Re: Up Akala: Oyo To Renovate 4 Hospitals With N4.6bn by igeluma: 11:06pm On Jan 17, 2010
UP Akala,let renovation of 4 hospitals match amount quoted,your second time is certain.
Re: Up Akala: Oyo To Renovate 4 Hospitals With N4.6bn by PurestBoy(m): 11:48am On Jan 18, 2010
4.6bn is too small to renovate 4 hospitals walahi grin grin grin
Re: Up Akala: Oyo To Renovate 4 Hospitals With N4.6bn by adeniyi334: 1:24pm On Jan 18, 2010
Good for them. Nigeria is getting better! Cheers!
Re: Up Akala: Oyo To Renovate 4 Hospitals With N4.6bn by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jan 18, 2010
N 4.6 Billion shocked shocked shocked shocked
Make this people dey fear God na cry
Re: Up Akala: Oyo To Renovate 4 Hospitals With N4.6bn by KGREAT(m): 2:05pm On Jan 20, 2010
Akala is the most prudent Governor ever lived, because by our estimate from Government house of Oyo state a bag of cement is just 1.5 million Naira only which is good for the good people of Oyo state. Akala omo ale Ogbomosho o ni ku sibi ti aso re wa! amin & amen
Re: Up Akala: Oyo To Renovate 4 Hospitals With N4.6bn by aloyemeka7: 4:05pm On Jan 20, 2010
KGREAT:

Akala is the most prudent Governor ever lived, because by our estimate from Government house of Oyo state a bag of cement is just 1.5 million Naira only which is good for the good people of Oyo state. Akala omo ale Ogbomosho o ni ku sibi ti aso re wa! amin & amen
Re: Up Akala: Oyo To Renovate 4 Hospitals With N4.6bn by 1forall: 11:46pm On Jan 21, 2010
Freaky hun? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

An African American Officially Becomes An Igboman / FAAN Installs 14 New Scanners At Various Airports; And Other Newx / Angry People Threw Pure Water At GEJ And His Campaign Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.