Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,255 members, 7,904,130 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 08:51 AM

I Lost My Dad - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Lost My Dad (2611 Views)

My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help / See What My Dad Found In His Food / My Husband Doesn't Blv I Lost My Virginity To Him.it's Hurtful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Lost My Dad by sexxxxy(f): 5:05pm On Jan 30, 2007
hi guys,i lost my dad bout a week ago,he was sick,i just want to know for anybody that has had that experience,is it true that the pain goes away with time,i've started feeling a bit better now,but something just comes pops up again like i'll never see him again,i cant describe it,like hes gone,it's just,
Re: I Lost My Dad by Douzy(m): 6:02pm On Jan 30, 2007
Sorry to hear about the loss, dear. My dad is still alive, but I lost my immediate younger brother (who was more like my twin) some years ago, and I guess I felt like you are feeling now too. Time is really a great healer. Don't try forcing yourself to stop thinking about him. When you miss him so much, go to your room and think about him and how good he had been to you. Cry if you have the urge to. You will feel a great release after that. Then wash your face, go out and chat with others.

It's never really easy to get over the loss of a dearly loved one, but like I said before, time is really a great healer.

Take heart, dear.
Re: I Lost My Dad by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 30, 2007
Take heart girl
I lost my grand dad lst year and he was buried on 23rd December
Untill his death we were very close
We often ate together and I attended his school. Guess you imagine
what that means.
Time heals all wounds
Re: I Lost My Dad by sakish(f): 9:28pm On Jan 30, 2007
May God take you through.
You have to move on with life, though it hurts but make sure it doesn't tie you down
Re: I Lost My Dad by Ndipe(m): 9:46pm On Jan 30, 2007
My sympathies. May God give you the strength to bear this loss, in Jesus Name, Amen
Re: I Lost My Dad by okwanuzo3(f): 3:55am On Jan 31, 2007
really sorry to hear that, i can't say take heart cos that's easier said than done. Thank God u knew love of a father. May u never know such lose again in a very long time
Re: I Lost My Dad by Busta(f): 4:39am On Jan 31, 2007
Sorry about ur loss,
No one can tell u wat it feels like unless they are in ur shoes.

Neva lost anyone sooo close to me but
I pray God gives u the strenght to bear the loss.
Re: I Lost My Dad by Maneater1(f): 10:46am On Jan 31, 2007
I'm sorry dear!
Re: I Lost My Dad by sexxxxy(f): 10:56am On Jan 31, 2007
Thank you all so much for the words of encouragement,its really helping,
Re: I Lost My Dad by LoverBwoy(m): 8:26pm On Jan 31, 2007
I'm Sorry sexxxy
the feeling will pop up now and then but with time you will atleast be a able to cope

Sorry
Re: I Lost My Dad by choongtin(f): 11:08pm On Jan 31, 2007
cry cry cry now u just reminded me of ma older bruva that died
i kno whow u feel its like u get that feeling that u r not going to see them again and all the good days u had just comes to ur memroy and u just cry and its like u feel like u lost a part of u still everything wuld be good and all trust me just feel he is watching over u from a better place and all wuld be good
Re: I Lost My Dad by mukina2: 11:10pm On Jan 31, 2007
sorry sexxy take heart it will be okay
expect the numb pain to stay with you all the time
i lost my mum in october .it took me time to get over it .i still havnt but i am copin with it sad
life can be hard at times but we just have to accept it sad
Re: I Lost My Dad by sexxxxy(f): 11:23am On Feb 01, 2007
thanks all,i guess knowing that they r in a better place helps,cos no matter what i do ,i cant reverse time ,so i have to accept it,thanks for even taking the time to offer the words,
Re: I Lost My Dad by waleleader(m): 12:15pm On Feb 03, 2007
Please accept my sympathies for your irreplacable loss, Death is a fact of life, it breaks the heart but i know ure strong and you'll be alright. Take good care of You
Re: I Lost My Dad by eniola1310(f): 1:08pm On Feb 03, 2007
sorry to hear that.
it's very diffcult i must tell u cos i lost my mother recently at a time i least expected.
now u get to see a lot of things diffrently.
i empathise
nothing anyone says can comfort u, pple can only say sweet things to u at a time like this. there will be times u are alone and need someone to talk to badly or u just find out the tears cant stop rolling down.
talk to God he has wonderful promises for pple that are hurt. he was my strenght at that time and i still enjoy his company till now.
try to get a copy of the purpose driven life. ur life will never be the samw again once u've read that book
May God Almighty hold u in his arms and wisper his sweet and conforting words in ur ears. Especially at night when all visitors are gone and u have this wide space left by the deaced.
things also get a lot better after the burial, it is then the realisation dawns on u. then u know it's not a dream. pull urself together and make sure u are able to think and most importantly see through ur tears. it's ok to cry it make u fell better.
I pray God will see u thru this time.
do accept my sincere sympathy
Re: I Lost My Dad by Radiant(f): 2:49pm On Feb 03, 2007
So sad. sad Sexy sorry about that great loss. I can't imagine being in your shoes cry

To the rest who have lost a dear one, my heartfelt empathy cry
Re: I Lost My Dad by dominique(f): 7:29pm On Feb 03, 2007
i know how it feels like to lose a loved one. i lost a very close friend about 5 years ago and i couldnt sleep for days.
death is inevitable and we always pray it dosent take our loved ones. but if does, we can only pray god gives us the fortitude to bear the loss. i pray one day we can understand the things we can't contol
sexxxy, my heart goes out to you.
Re: I Lost My Dad by doubletree(f): 9:26pm On Feb 03, 2007
The pain,shock anger,disbelief changes with time,it becomes more  bearable.

Take heart in knowing he is in a better place. We all have to die one day but it is still very painful for the ones left behind to bear.

With time you will be able to think about him and smile and laugh(not cry as you do when it has just happened) and take joy from memories of the time you had with him
There will still be times when you miss him a lot.

His memory will always be alive in your heart.
May his Soul rest in Peace.Amen.
Re: I Lost My Dad by damsol(f): 9:30pm On Feb 03, 2007
sorry to hear that,i also lost my dad when i was 12 .although i felt bad and i still do bt the pain will surely go with time.
Re: I Lost My Dad by Radiant(f): 10:16pm On Feb 03, 2007
Damsol, sorry too sad sad sad
Re: I Lost My Dad by Uche2nna(m): 10:18pm On Feb 03, 2007
@ Sexxxy   Sorry to hear that.   sad May God give U all the strenght u need to carry through

@ Damsol Ur Father is in heaven looking down on U. So no need to worry
Re: I Lost My Dad by neelsel(f): 3:11am On Feb 04, 2007
My sincerest sympathies go out to you and your family.
I lost my dad 4 years ago and the pain has not ceased. I find comfort in knowing that he was an excellent dad. He made sure we were given the very best.

Try to remember the good times shared, the positive impact he has imparted and all his love for you guys.

God knows best, trust Him for everything.

You will br fine, trust me. With time you will get better.

God bless!
Re: I Lost My Dad by femi6(m): 4:38am On Feb 04, 2007
@ sexxxy
my sincere sympathy to u
i was a victim of this circumstance, i lost my dad 6yrs ago running to 7yrs now and i must tell u there is still some thing that still flashes in my memory, the way he scold just for u to be a responsible man in life, the love, the care,   sad but there is nothing u can do He is gone HE is gone, one have to move on with his or her life. He used to be a source of encourage to me and of which i still hold on to some.
  u know what some might say, we will be with you all along but i will tell u, its all lies.
  whenever u miss him or u feel grieve go to your room look up to that man up there and ask HIM to give u the grace to  bear it all.
  Life might be hard at times but we just have to accept it the way it is.
   Think about it but don't think about it too much because its hurts.

take good care of your self.
peace out.
Re: I Lost My Dad by cuteass1(f): 8:23pm On Feb 04, 2007
Accept my deepest sympathy sweetheart cry, its wrong to say you know how someone else feels but i can imagine what you're going through because i lost my younger brother last two years and he was just three years old. He was sooo close to me that i never thought i'll survive without him, but here i am. Take heart my dear, God is alive. As they say time healeth all wounds and its true but don't expect to forget. There're still moments when i think of my brother and remember some special moments i had with him, sometimes i even drop some tears but i guess its just a sign that the person will always live on in your heart.¨
"O ga adi nma" (it shall be well)
Re: I Lost My Dad by Ndipe(m): 11:09pm On Feb 04, 2007
@cute, accept my sympathy on the loss of your brother. He was so young, at 3 years old? May his soul rest in peace, Amen. I lost a younger brother when he was 24 years old. I miss him very much. When you have a younger sibling, who looks to you as a mentor, and he surely did, it is only God that can sail you through. My brother and I were very close. He was so fond of me, as a baby, that at times, he would lie on my chest and fall asleep.
Re: I Lost My Dad by cuteass1(f): 12:55am On Feb 05, 2007
Ndipe:

@cute, accept my sympathy on the loss of your brother. He was so young, at 3 years old? May his soul rest in peace, Amen. I lost a younger brother when he was 24 years old. I miss him very much. When you have a younger sibling, who looks to you as a mentor, and he surely did, it is only God that can sail you through. My brother and I were very close. He was so fond of me, as a baby, that at times, he would lie on my chest and fall asleep.

Thankyou sooo much for the sympathy, and accept my sympathy as well on the loss of your brother. as i said earlier, they continue to live in our hearts. Anyway God gave me another brother (check out my profile), not to replace him but to tell me its not the end of the world, and i love this one aaaaaaa lot cool
Re: I Lost My Dad by Radiant(f): 12:02pm On Feb 05, 2007
Ndipe:

he would lie on my chest and fall asleep.

smiley cry

Cutie, cute bro indeed. smiley
Re: I Lost My Dad by cuteass1(f): 3:02pm On Feb 05, 2007
@ Radiant

*blushes* thanks, i'll tell him when he grows older. LoL
Re: I Lost My Dad by sexxxxy(f): 4:12pm On Feb 05, 2007
Thank you all so much for all the words,U dont know how much it has helped me,i'm getting better, I know i'll be fine by the grace of God,theres nothing i can do than to just look up to God and trust him

Thank you
Re: I Lost My Dad by Radiant(f): 7:04pm On Feb 05, 2007
cute-ass:

@ Radiant

*blushes* thanks, i'll tell him when he grows older. LoL

Please do. cheesy
Re: I Lost My Dad by McDoe(m): 7:50am On Feb 23, 2007
Ooooh! , very sorry. Pls aceept my sincere condolences. There is no pain as loosing a dear one. But as time goes on, the pain will subside. Just take heart and bear in mind that we shall all leave to meet there someday. Wish you the best.
Re: I Lost My Dad by jgirl3: 7:53am On Feb 23, 2007
May his soul rest in peace. He's gone to a better place and thank God for that. All things happen for a reason.
My sympathies

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cinderella Might Not Be Suitable For Kids Bed Time Stories / Best Refrigerator Brand / 80's And Early 90's Childhood Games And Toys. Great Memories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.