Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,366 members, 7,920,382 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 05:48 AM

Eduacte A Child And Touch A Life Today, Its Really Easy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eduacte A Child And Touch A Life Today, Its Really Easy (1993 Views)

See The Gift A Child Gave To President Buhari In Ghana Today(pics) / Photo Of Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Lamido When He Was A Child / Educate A Child, Touch A Life, Its Really Easy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eduacte A Child And Touch A Life Today, Its Really Easy by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 16, 2010
Most of us have at one point in our lives attended a public school. GEtting an education did not cost us an arm and a leg. Unfortunately over 17.5 million children do not have that oppurtunity today.
Each week, 5 children are on dialysis in the national hospital. Most of them from poor parents.
How to help is really easy: if yu have 5 or 10 friends, each month you can contribute N500 or N1000 and at the end of the month either write a cheque directly to the school where u are sponsoring a child or to tha national hospital so that a child can recieve dialysis for that week. No money comes to me or my organization, your money goes directly to the child needing help.
School fees cost a maximum of N5000.
Please do not ignore this, N500 or N1000 a month is not too much of a sacrifice to make to give life or education to a child.
Visit, www.lsfnigeria.org
Re: Eduacte A Child And Touch A Life Today, Its Really Easy by monkeyleg: 10:24am On Jan 16, 2010
Aisha2, this is a very noble cause. Please how can I help?
Re: Eduacte A Child And Touch A Life Today, Its Really Easy by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 16, 2010
You can get together a group of 5 or 10 and when you have N5000 write a cheque either to National Hospital or Model Primary School Asokoro. If you can do dat every month.
monkeyleg:

Aisha2, this is a very noble cause. Please how can I help?
Re: Eduacte A Child And Touch A Life Today, Its Really Easy by PapaBrowne(m): 11:03am On Jan 16, 2010
Aisha2, your are such a . . . . . words can't describe!

Lovely, lovely things that you do. I'm game.
Re: Eduacte A Child And Touch A Life Today, Its Really Easy by Nobody: 11:05am On Jan 16, 2010
PapaBrowne:

Aisha2, your are such a , words can't describe!

Lovely, lovely things that you do. I'm game.
Bless you
Re: Eduacte A Child And Touch A Life Today, Its Really Easy by PurestBoy(m): 1:17pm On Jan 16, 2010
Hope no one is trying to sponsor someone to Yemen this time?
Re: Eduacte A Child And Touch A Life Today, Its Really Easy by ZUBBYNWA(m): 2:22pm On Jan 16, 2010
@puresetboy, what happen to yemen
Re: Eduacte A Child And Touch A Life Today, Its Really Easy by ssumpta(f): 3:28pm On Jan 16, 2010
@Poster. what is the actual cost of dialysis monthly for each child?

We need to come togeda to figure out a way to convince pple to donate for this good cause, and to make sure the money is used for the purpose it was given.
It's not enuf to forward a cheque. Na naija we dey o.

Please what is the name of your organisation? I would love to join. Holla back at me.
Re: Eduacte A Child And Touch A Life Today, Its Really Easy by biolabee(m): 4:11pm On Jan 16, 2010
laudable idea, better points ssumpta
Re: Eduacte A Child And Touch A Life Today, Its Really Easy by Outstrip(f): 5:20pm On Jan 16, 2010
Aisha how can I talk to you. Do you have an email address I can reach you at or even a phone number. I have been supporting my parents widow's mission when I can but I want to do more. I just don't know where to start and how to since I am not even in Nigeria
Re: Eduacte A Child And Touch A Life Today, Its Really Easy by texazzpete(m): 5:28pm On Jan 16, 2010
aisha2, can you provide any contact details for me to reach you? I'd like to be a part of this.
Re: Eduacte A Child And Touch A Life Today, Its Really Easy by lannre(m): 5:43pm On Jan 16, 2010
Great job ! tell me more
Re: Eduacte A Child And Touch A Life Today, Its Really Easy by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 16, 2010
@aisha: May the Almighty reward all your efforts. But like someone asked, how do you ensure the money donated is used for its specified purpose and can u please give us some way to contact you or your organisation?
Thanks.
Re: Eduacte A Child And Touch A Life Today, Its Really Easy by Beaf: 6:55pm On Jan 16, 2010
@Aisha
You are one in a million.
Please what is your organisation? A brief description would be welcomed.
Re: Eduacte A Child And Touch A Life Today, Its Really Easy by Outstrip(f): 7:00pm On Jan 16, 2010
uhonmora:

@aisha: May the Almighty reward all your efforts. But like someone asked, how do you ensure the money donated is used for its specified purpose and can u please give us some way to contact you or your organisation?
Thanks.

Do a search. I think she has done that in the past. Aisha is a Godsend
Re: Eduacte A Child And Touch A Life Today, Its Really Easy by blacksta(m): 9:52pm On Jan 16, 2010
@poster

You have mail
Re: Eduacte A Child And Touch A Life Today, Its Really Easy by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jan 16, 2010
T
ssumpta:

@Poster. what is the actual cost of dialysis monthly for each child?

We need to come togeda to figure out a way to convince pple to donate for this good cause, and to make sure the money is used for the purpose it was given.
It's not enuf to forward a cheque. Na naija we dey o.

Please what is the name of your organisation? I would love to join. Holla back at me.
Thanks you all. I can be reached @lsfoundation08@yahoo.com.
To answer your questions, All monies donated are directly sent to the hospital or the school. No one can takke money out plus we make sure u have contact with the child.
The cost for Each Dialysis session is N10000, some children have 3 dialysis in a week. Our website is being reconstructed to include newsletters and more information.
Thanks guys
Re: Eduacte A Child And Touch A Life Today, Its Really Easy by blacksta(m): 11:11pm On Jan 16, 2010
@poster

You have another mail - thanks
Re: Eduacte A Child And Touch A Life Today, Its Really Easy by Nobody: 6:45am On Jan 17, 2010
@Blacksta, sorry did not reply yesterday had network failure. Replied.
Re: Eduacte A Child And Touch A Life Today, Its Really Easy by otawa: 1:47pm On Jan 17, 2010
Normally this is good idea but,

Awolowo provided free education which Abiola used to study and eventually became rich.

In 1979, same Abiola used his money which in earns due to the 'free education' in conjunction with Mr Obasanjo and NPN to denied Nigerians the leadership of Awolowo.

The import of the story: the 'Nigeria kid' you send to school today may be a judge that will send your grand-kid to death sentence.
Re: Eduacte A Child And Touch A Life Today, Its Really Easy by tnk24: 3:06pm On Jan 17, 2010
otawa:

Awolowo provided free education which Abiola used to study and eventually became rich.

In 1979, same Abiola used his money which in earns due to the 'free education' in conjunction with Mr Obasanjo and NPN to denied Nigerians the leadership of Awolowo.

The import of the story: the 'Nigeria kid' you send to school today may be a judge that will send your grand-kid to death sentence.

Don't be a pessimist. If you have such a mindset, you will not do anything worthwhile for humanity. I think this is a worthy cause. If our leaders cannot be humane enough to do things like this for the society, I think the best we can do is to encourage individuals or organisations who are doing such wonderful projets.
Re: Eduacte A Child And Touch A Life Today, Its Really Easy by otawa: 3:13pm On Jan 17, 2010
Don't be a pessimist.

I just look at my environment.

I am not saying if good or bad but that my observation.

It could also be the other way round.

Essentially; we must FORCE our government to do their work for the people.
Re: Eduacte A Child And Touch A Life Today, Its Really Easy by blacksta(m): 3:33pm On Jan 17, 2010
otawa:

My God what a backward mindset - what about the doctor the saved your mother and you when she was giving birth you.
Re: Eduacte A Child And Touch A Life Today, Its Really Easy by Vindy: 4:34pm On Jan 17, 2010
May pple like otawa never av thier way. The world acclaimed international stars that go out there to raise money for the helpless all over the world even when the kids are not from thesame continent wit them would av tot that that same kids will bomb the plane they are flyn in one day. Lets give wat we can to the poor and helpless. When you do that you provoke God to bless you more and more.
Re: Eduacte A Child And Touch A Life Today, Its Really Easy by jossylad86(m): 5:26pm On Jan 17, 2010
Aisha great job. Your reward is mighty even here on earth. Keep up d good work. I have a suggestion though- Owing to the fact that Nigerians have done great havocs with things lik this in the past, i advice you get to show potential donors a contact medium they can rely on. For instance launching a website for this noble course and u might use your house or any place people can see u as an address. U would be surprire how far this wil go. Am also into educational assistance but only tru news/information at www.naijascholarshipsandjobs..com There is hope for Nigeria!
Re: Eduacte A Child And Touch A Life Today, Its Really Easy by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 17, 2010
jossylad86:

Aisha great job. Your reward is mighty even here on earth. Keep up d good work. I have a suggestion though- Owing to the fact that Nigerians have done great havocs with things lik this in the past, i advice you get to show potential donors a contact medium they can rely on. For instance launching a website for this noble course and u might use your house or any place people can see u as an address. U would be surprire how far this wil go. Am also into educational assistance but only tru news/information at www.naijascholarshipsandjobs..com There is hope for Nigeria!
Thanks. we do have a website and an office in Abuja. The website is being reconstruted to include new information for our 2010 projects and new vision. Webstie will be up by wednesday. Thank you
Re: Eduacte A Child And Touch A Life Today, Its Really Easy by semid4lyfe(m): 12:23am On Jan 18, 2010
Good & laudable initiative.
Re: Eduacte A Child And Touch A Life Today, Its Really Easy by airzzee(m): 6:24pm On Jan 18, 2010
This is great!

For some time now, I have been paying my so-called tithe via such charity ventures (to needy individuals and homes). After all, Christ said, “Whatsoever you do to such people, you have done to me.” I’d rather GIVE IT TO PEOPLE WHO REALLY NEED it than those who have amassed so much, while the indigent around them suffer. That’s part of my philosophy anyway.

Let me know how to start with this. Meanwhile, does it mean we must be in a collection of 5’s or 10’s before it can be done? Is there no such in Lagos? Only Abj? I stay in Lagos, that's why I ask.

Send us an email add for us to communicate further. I am very much interested
Re: Eduacte A Child And Touch A Life Today, Its Really Easy by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 19, 2010
Thank you all for your good response and encouragement.
Am happy to inform you that our website has been recontructed, updated and is up and running. Most of the info you need is there. Visit www.lsfnigeria.org. See you there
Re: Eduacte A Child And Touch A Life Today, Its Really Easy by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 19, 2010
airzzee:

This is great!

For some time now, I have been paying my so-called tithe via such charity ventures (to needy individuals and homes). After all, Christ said, “Whatsoever you do to such people, you have done to me.” I’d rather GIVE IT TO PEOPLE WHO REALLY NEED it than those who have amassed so much, while the indigent around them suffer. That’s my part of my philosophy anyway.

Let me know how to start with this. Meanwhile, does it mean we must be in a collection of 5’s or 10’s before it can be done? Is there no such in Lagos? Only Abj? I stay in Lagos, that's why I ask.

Send us an email add for us to communicate further. I am very much interested

[/quote
Thank you for your response. The idea of 5 or 10 groups ids to make it easy and cheap so that young people who want to be involved can do sconvienently. In Lagos our partner is the Clarion Chukwurah Initiative. For any information you need, you can visit www.lsfnigeria.org. Bless You
Re: Eduacte A Child And Touch A Life Today, Its Really Easy by hydee0k(m): 1:38pm On Jan 19, 2010
Quite a good initiative, I always feel inspired and encourage each time I see or hear COMPASSIONATE HEARTED individuals. As I am into humanitarian project myself, it is only natural to be part of this project. In a similar way we can all make the difference by supporting the ONEGOAL fifa 2010 world cup project by signing-up on their web site

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is Tolerance Between Muslims And Christians Impossible In Nigeria? / Is It True Ade Dosunmu Is Actually Running For Office? / Yoruba Dont Worry We Have More Than Enough Bitumen To Produce Our Own Oil . To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.