Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,392 members, 7,881,426 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:17 PM

Celebrities Give Big Time To Haiti - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Celebrities Give Big Time To Haiti (1166 Views)

Nigerian Celebrities That Are Still Virgins ( Photos ) / Miss Haiti Gives Hope To Devastated Country / Van Vicker And Nadia Escape Death In Haiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Celebrities Give Big Time To Haiti by amebono1: 1:49pm On Jan 16, 2010
The biggest names in Hollywood are showing their compassion and concern over the devastating 7.0 earthquake that took the lives of thousands in Haiti Jan. 12.

Up in the Air star George Clooney will be hosting a telethon for MTV called Hope For Haiti Jan. 22 that will air for two hours. The telethon will begin at 8pm EST and air on all of MTV’s channels, along with ABC, NBC, CNN, HBO, E!, CW, Style Network, and the National Geographic Channel. Clooney has reportedly sought out several A-listers like Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, and Taylor Lautner. Sting and his wife Trudie Styler are among those confirmed to appear on the global program. All of the donations will go to Oxfam America, Partners in Health, Red Cross, UNICEF and Wyclef’s Yele Haiti Foundation. Clooney’s organization Not On Our Watch that he founded with Matt Damon, Brad Pitt, Don Cheadle and Jerry Weintraub has already donated $1 million to the victims of the earthquake.

Among the other celebrities that have donated money to Haiti during the crisis:

* Madonna: $250,000 to Partners in Health
    * Alyssa Milano: $50,000 to UNICEF
    * Comcast: $1 million
    * Gisele Bundchen: $1.5 million to the Red Cross
    * Tiger Woods: reportedly donating $3 million to Wyclef Jean’s Yele Haiti relief fund
    * Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie: $1 million to Doctors Without Borders
    * Walt Disney Co.: $100,000 to the Red Cross
    * The Hollywood Foreign Press: the group behind the Golden Globes, $100,000 to Yele Haiti
    * Ben Stiller: charity Stillerstrong has redirected his charity to the disaster in Haiti
    * Chelsea Clinton is hosting a 90 minute spin class at SoulCycle in NYC Jan. 21 and all proceeds go to the Clinton Haiti Relief Fund
    * Oprah: is donating $1 million to the American Red Cross on behalf of her Angel Network

Get More on Celebrity Donations to Haiti :

http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2010/01/15/stars-give-big-to-haiti/

Re: Celebrities Give Big Time To Haiti by amebono1: 1:55pm On Jan 16, 2010
God bless them all smiley
Re: Celebrities Give Big Time To Haiti by chigo4u: 3:31pm On Jan 16, 2010
Come on we all need to do SOMETHING. These people are suffering and they need us. Its time to make use of that mastercard if you have one. Visit the site on my signature for more details. Save/help a soul. Nothing is small at this time. Even your used clothes/shoes can be sent. What is happening in haiti is no joke.
Re: Celebrities Give Big Time To Haiti by sjeezy8: 5:42pm On Jan 16, 2010
white people sure knowthe times to TAKE and also give lmfao
Re: Celebrities Give Big Time To Haiti by nellaluv(f): 6:22pm On Jan 16, 2010
My my, i neva knew Wyclef Jean was Haitian, i tot he was from Jamaica cool oh well, God help dem.
Re: Celebrities Give Big Time To Haiti by semid4lyfe(m): 9:54pm On Jan 16, 2010
God bless them all. . . . . . . but shey we fit donate in Naira undecided grin
Re: Celebrities Give Big Time To Haiti by spikedcylinder: 11:14pm On Jan 16, 2010
Good!!!!
Paris Hilton and other air heads will never be found on such lists.
Re: Celebrities Give Big Time To Haiti by Remii(m): 11:46pm On Jan 16, 2010
May God bless them all, one day Nigeria celeberites would become real one that would be able to do similarly, not that we would have earthquakes oo, lol.

as regards Paris Hilton and other "bimbos", I just see them as "famous for being famous" people without any real susbstance, lol.
Re: Celebrities Give Big Time To Haiti by amebono1: 12:45am On Jan 17, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Good!!!!
Paris Hilton and other air heads will never be found on such lists.

That ugly frog with her stupid dress sense

i get irritated when people say 'i am a fan of paris hilton' , i mean common undecided
Re: Celebrities Give Big Time To Haiti by africhika(f): 12:57am On Jan 17, 2010
walt disney co. just gave $100,000  shocked  shocked
all those multimillion dollar generating disney movies
Re: Celebrities Give Big Time To Haiti by spikedcylinder: 1:01am On Jan 17, 2010
!amebo no1:

That ugly frog with her silly dress sense

i get irritated when people say 'i am a fan of paris hilton' , i mean common undecided

Don't say that o. I know some people on nl that will bite your fingers off and dedicate several hate threads and mails to you. They worship Paris Hilton.
Don't say I didn't warn you o. cheesy
Re: Celebrities Give Big Time To Haiti by semid4lyfe(m): 3:07am On Jan 17, 2010
Lol. . . .Spikey, you're baiting my friend shey? Anyway, nothin' do you. BTW, I also feel the way you do about Paris.
Re: Celebrities Give Big Time To Haiti by spikedcylinder: 11:41am On Jan 17, 2010
I'm not baiting anyone o. grin grin grin grin
Cross my heart. tongue
Re: Celebrities Give Big Time To Haiti by tosinaded(m): 12:55pm On Jan 17, 2010
tiger woods shocked am touched cool
Re: Celebrities Give Big Time To Haiti by bawomolo(m): 9:16pm On Jan 17, 2010
see a whole walt disney doing baba ijebu. it's still a meaningful donation though.

(1) (Reply)

Stella Damascus Back In Love? / Charlie Sheen: My Hero! / Stella Damasus Gets Blogging Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.