Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,251 members, 7,887,720 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:50 PM

Obama Appoints George Bush For Haiti Relief Effort! - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama Appoints George Bush For Haiti Relief Effort! (2060 Views)

Haiti Joins African Union / Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti / Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Appoints George Bush For Haiti Relief Effort! by paddylo1(m): 1:41pm On Jan 17, 2010
Please provide a comparative analysis of American Presidents history in Africa
i will engage in no such inanity
Re: Obama Appoints George Bush For Haiti Relief Effort! by Ibime(m): 1:44pm On Jan 17, 2010
paddy_lo:

victim?. . .how ironic. .u are the one praising america for giving u handouts or crumbs

No such thing as me praising America. . . . all aid to Africa is humanitarian, not empowering. . . .I dont expect any more. . . . unlike yourself expecting America to empower you to produce your own goods. . . . now that is what I call victim mentality.

paddy_lo:

i will engage in no such inanity

Then butt out the thread if you cannot stay ontopic.
Re: Obama Appoints George Bush For Haiti Relief Effort! by paddylo1(m): 1:53pm On Jan 17, 2010
No such thing as me praising America. . . . all aid to Africa is humanitarian, not empowering. . . .I dont expect any more. . . . unlike yourself expecting America to empower you to produce your own goods. . . . now that is what I call victim mentality.

oh i see u never praised america,just president bush. . how silly of me not to differentiate btw the two

if aid is supposed to be humanitarian,why boast about it?
or do u also boast about the tithes u give in church

i expect nothing from america. . as a matter of fact
if they dis-engaged totally from africa,i would be much pleased
Re: Obama Appoints George Bush For Haiti Relief Effort! by cap28: 1:57pm On Jan 17, 2010
Ibime:

They should feel free to reject the offer of help then. . . . or better yet, feel free to produce the drugs if they can.

You are starting to sound as incoherent as Cap28.

Back to the topic:

George Bush had the best record of any American President in Africa. Feel free to discuss by comparing records with any US President. . . .

Going by some of the comments on here, I guess we should start to define the best American President as the one who offered the least aid to Africa.

@ibime i sound incoherent to people like you who are totally devoid of the ability to think critically and who have no understanding or comprehension of the bigger picture.

if you had researched the HIV aids problem you would understand why i have made the claims that i did.  You have not come up with any constructive argument refuting any of the claims that i have made instead you have fallen back on that tired old defence of "oh what a nut" i dont expect you to beleive any of the things that ive said because you're mind is closed to critical analysis, your capacity to think outside the box is limited therefore anything which contradicts what you have been fed by the western press is shunned and ridiculed.  

If you understand anything about business (because HIV aids is a business run and controlled by western pharmaceutical companies)  you would know that this is a complete money spinner for them - they created the disease, they own the patent and they have blocked any attempts by non western countries to replicate anti retro viral drugs.

Some countries are now producing copies of these anti retro virals (ARV's) (India, South Africa , Thailand and China), however the cost of ARV's and ongoing treatment for africans is still far beyond the financial means of the average african which is exactly where the western pharmaceutical companies come in - they know that by keeping the price of ARV's high their role becomes indispensable, under the guise of offering you assistance with a disease which they infected you with in the first place, they can charge you extortionately for "managing and finding solutions to living with it" whilst still exerting control over your economy and natural resources.  

Since they have a greater understanding of the disease having created it themselves they can play god in the lives of africans by deciding who gets to receive the treatement and who doesnt.

it is not unusual for western govts to attach conditions to these offers of "HIV assistance programmes"  usually the conditions involve the recipient country having to open up their country to "foreign investment and privatisation of the govt owned industries. does that sound like assistance to you or extortion and  genocide?
Re: Obama Appoints George Bush For Haiti Relief Effort! by paddylo1(m): 2:01pm On Jan 17, 2010
Then butt out the thread if you cannot stay ontopic.
yea but is that really what the topic is about?

personally i have nothing against mister bush heading whateva relief panel obama wants him to help with

u are the one that brought up bushs aid to africa(which has little relevance to the topic by the way)

which is what i am responding to
Re: Obama Appoints George Bush For Haiti Relief Effort! by Ibime(m): 2:20pm On Jan 17, 2010
paddy_lo:

yea but is that really what the topic is about?

u are the one that brought up bushs aid to africa(which has little relevance to the topic by the way)

Cap28 suggested that Bush has an anti-black record and was not suitable for heading the committee, hence this debate on Bush's record in Africa.

paddy_lo:

if aid is supposed to be humanitarian,why boast about it?

Pointing out George Bush's humanitarian efforts in Africa is again in rebuttal to the claim that "Bush has anti-black record".

As an African, I can honestly say that we made the most progress on disentangling ourselves from the debilitating deals we had with the IMF whilst George Bush was President. More people got anti-malaria treatment and anti-AIDS treatment than ever before. George Bush was good to Africa. . . . and I make that statement in comparison to the status quo.
Re: Obama Appoints George Bush For Haiti Relief Effort! by cap28: 3:39pm On Jan 17, 2010
Ibime:

Cap28 suggested that Bush has an anti-black record and was not suitable for heading the committee, hence this debate on Bush's record in Africa.

Pointing out George Bush's humanitarian efforts in Africa is again in rebuttal to the claim that "Bush has anti-black record".

@ibime please do yourself a favour and stop writing such embarrassing stuff

please go and read about George Bush's family background, here are a few facts about the Bush family that you may be unaware of:

The entire Bush family are advocates of Eugenics or racial hygiene as they call it which advocates "selective breeding" and the weeding out of "inferior races".

Prescott Bush - George Bush jnrs grandfather was a Nazi sympathiser and financier, as director of the Union Banking Corp he helped launder money stolen by Nazi bigwigs from jewish families enabling him to make a fortune.

George Bush Snr campaigned in the 60's against the passing of the Civil Rights Act.

http://www.famoustexans.com/georgebush.htm

In 1972 George Bush Snr whilst ambassador to the UN initiated the introduction of forced sterilization programmes in non white countries and communities in the US.

http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/193.html

in 1980 George Bush Snr (whilst US VP)  appointed one of his cronies to head up the United Nations Development Fund whose main brief was to supervise population control in third world countries.

http://www.tribalmessenger.org/t-bush/bush-family.htm

http://wwwthesixthestate..com/2007/11/bush-family-skull-and-bones-and-nazi.html

http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/undermining-human-nature-mass-media-eugenics/blog-110455/
Re: Obama Appoints George Bush For Haiti Relief Effort! by SeanT21(f): 3:42pm On Jan 17, 2010
"As if things are not bad enough for Haitians following this catastrophe we now have the appointment of the anti christ George Bush Jnr to coordinate the Haiti relief operation by Obama"

Oh, the horror
Re: Obama Appoints George Bush For Haiti Relief Effort! by Ibime(m): 5:19pm On Jan 17, 2010
cap28:

@ibime please do yourself a favour and stop writing such embarrassing stuff

please go and read about George Bush's family background, here are a few facts about the Bush family that you may be unaware of:

The entire Bush family are advocates of Eugenics or racial hygiene as they call it which advocates "selective breeding" and the weeding out of "inferior races".

Prescott Bush - George Bush jnrs grandfather was a Nazi sympathiser and financier, as director of the Union Banking Corp he helped launder money stolen by Nazi bigwigs from jewish families enabling him to make a fortune.

George Bush Snr campaigned in the 60's against the passing of the Civil Rights Act.

http://www.famoustexans.com/georgebush.htm

In 1972 George Bush Snr whilst ambassador to the UN initiated the introduction of forced sterilization programmes in non white countries and communities in the US.

http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/193.html

in 1980 George Bush Snr (whilst US VP) appointed one of his cronies to head up the United Nations Development Fund whose main brief was to supervise population control in third world countries.
http://www.tribalmessenger.org/t-bush/bush-family.htm

http://wwwthesixthestate..com/2007/11/bush-family-skull-and-bones-and-nazi.html

http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/undermining-human-nature-mass-media-eugenics/blog-110455/

Who let this mad man out on the loose?
Re: Obama Appoints George Bush For Haiti Relief Effort! by cap28: 6:25pm On Jan 17, 2010
@ibime you can call me a mad man or any other thing you chose in order to make yourself feel better but you can't run away from the truth, i have found that the so called education that people like yourself claim to have acquired has reduced your ability to reason instead of enhancing it, thereby making you worse than people who have no education. one day you will wake up but by then it will be too late.
continue to remain in darkness my friend.
Re: Obama Appoints George Bush For Haiti Relief Effort! by thameamead(f): 1:52pm On Apr 15, 2010
LOL!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News Iran: President Trump Bans All Muslims From Entering United States / Breaking News - Arab League Criticises 'No Fly Zone' - They Now Support Gaddafi? / Wife Of Ghana Vice President Step Out In Style For Independence Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.