Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,962 members, 7,949,282 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 04:12 AM

The Real Story Of David And Goliath That Nobody Tells You - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Real Story Of David And Goliath That Nobody Tells You (1427 Views)

Goliath Must Die: Pastor Imoniero Poses With Catapult On Church Banner (Photo) / Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As A Beggar: The Real Story / Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Real Story Of David And Goliath That Nobody Tells You by Sebastine1994(m): 9:16pm On May 28, 2017
The story of david and Goliath has fascinated billions of christians world-wide. Each generation spice up the story by telling it to entertain. We marvel at the possibility of a young shepherd boy ability to kill a giant.
David is hailed as an underdog today in Christianity. I decide to take a fresh look today at this story. Let us zoom in together

Re: The Real Story Of David And Goliath That Nobody Tells You by psucc(m): 9:27pm On May 28, 2017
Where your story?
Re: The Real Story Of David And Goliath That Nobody Tells You by Sebastine1994(m): 9:27pm On May 28, 2017
David killed goliath with a sling. But the sling was not a toy but a weapon. A sling was a deadly weapon of choice with equal impact as a .45 gun.
In the distant past every army had slingers. The roman army had dedicated slingers who can hit a target from any direction with high accuracy.
Make no mistake of calling the sling a toy. The stones found in that part of the valley had a stronger composite. The rock there was harder.

Re: The Real Story Of David And Goliath That Nobody Tells You by ubongoton(m): 9:34pm On May 28, 2017
the untold story is that david killed him to killed him , I said he killed him
Re: The Real Story Of David And Goliath That Nobody Tells You by Sebastine1994(m): 9:42pm On May 28, 2017
The battle was fought in the valley of Elah. In between two mountains. Saul set up his camp on one of the mountains and the philistine had a camp on the other side.
This place was a dangerous place to fight a was because you will be venerable to attack from people standing high above the mountain.
That is why the two camps had to send representatives to fight for them in the valley of Elah.
The Israelites were afraid to battle with the philistine because of their most powerful warrior goliath. Until david volunteered to challenge the giant.

Re: The Real Story Of David And Goliath That Nobody Tells You by LordHiffy(m): 9:48pm On May 28, 2017
.. Goliath was a giant of about 9ft tall, a trained soldier and was wearing his complete armour which was recorded to weight about 57kg and a bronze helmet. I don't care if he was killed with a sling or an RPG, the fact remains that an untrained little boy killed him without breaking a sweat while others watched from afar. The moral here is that David was helped by the God in whom he trusted.

1 Like

Re: The Real Story Of David And Goliath That Nobody Tells You by Sebastine1994(m): 10:00pm On May 28, 2017
Goliath was a giant but he was still venerable. Let me explain. The bible stated that goliath had to be led to battle by an attendant. Why should our so called giant be led to battle.
The truth is that goliath was suffering from gigantism. His body was producing hormones in excess. It even affected his eye sight.
This statement made by goliath proved he had problem with his VISION (bi product of excessive hormone production)
" come to me so that I can give your flesh to the birds" he was expecting battle at close range.
He had to strain his eyes to see the young Shepherd boy coming down the mountain.

1 Like

Re: The Real Story Of David And Goliath That Nobody Tells You by Sebastine1994(m): 10:02pm On May 28, 2017
LordHiffy:

.. Goliath was a giant of about 9ft tall, a trained soldier and was wearing his complete armour which was recorded to weight about 57kg and a bronze helmet. I don't care if he was killed with a sling or an RPG, the fact remains that an untrained little boy killed him without breaking a sweat while others watched from afar. The moral here is that David was helped by the God in whom he trusted.

please paste a copy of the real story.
Re: The Real Story Of David And Goliath That Nobody Tells You by LordHiffy(m): 10:07pm On May 28, 2017
Sebastine1994:

please paste a copy of the real story.
all you need do is read Isamuel 17:1---end
Re: The Real Story Of David And Goliath That Nobody Tells You by Sebastine1994(m): 10:09pm On May 28, 2017
Giant has a weak point. That is what david exploited. Goliath said
" am I a dog that you come against me with sticks and stone. That goes further to prove he had problem with his VISION. So we should stop praising david because anybody could have done better with a sling.
The sling can break armour, bones and skull. Even ancient medical journal contains the way to extract stone from sling shot.

1 Like

Re: The Real Story Of David And Goliath That Nobody Tells You by Sebastine1994(m): 10:15pm On May 28, 2017
David and Goliath 17 Now the Philistines gathered their forces for war and assembled at Sokoh in Judah. They pitched camp at Ephes Dammim, between Sokoh and Azekah. 2 Saul and the Israelites assembled and camped in the Valley of Elah and drew up their battle line to meet the Philistines. 3 The Philistines occupied one hill and the Israelites another, with the valley between them. 4 A champion named Goliath, who was from Gath, came out of the Philistine camp. His height was six cubits and a span.[ a] 5 He had a bronze helmet on his head and wore a coat of scale armor of bronze weighing five thousand shekels[ b]; 6 on his legs he wore bronze greaves, and a bronze javelin was slung on his back.7 His spear shaft was like a weaver’s rod, and its iron point weighed six hundred shekels.[ c] His shield bearer went ahead of him. 8 Goliath stood and shouted to the ranks of Israel, “Why do you come out and line up for battle? Am I not a Philistine, and are you not the servants of Saul? Choose a man and have him come down to me. 9 If he is able to fight and kill me, we will become your subjects; but if I overcome him and kill him, you will become our subjects and serve us.” 10 Then the Philistine said, “This day I defy the armies of Israel! Give me a man and let us fight each other.” 11 On hearing the Philistine’s words, Saul and all the Israelites were dismayed and terrified. 12 Now David was the son of an
Re: The Real Story Of David And Goliath That Nobody Tells You by Sebastine1994(m): 10:26pm On May 28, 2017
David may not be a part of the conventional army of the Israelites but he had experience on the use of slingshots. He had killed lions with it. Sling are more Efficient than catapult. Study the efficacy of the sling.
The longer the sling the deadlier the impact. The rocks in that part of the valley was even harder making it an even deadlier weapon.
Re: The Real Story Of David And Goliath That Nobody Tells You by nwaanambra1(m): 10:30pm On May 28, 2017
Sebastine1994:
Giant has a weak point. That is what david exploited. Goliath said
" am I a dog that you come against me with sticks and stone. That goes further to prove he had problem with his VISION. So we should stop praising david because anybody could have done better with a sling.
The sling can break armour, bones and skull. Even ancient medical journal contains the way to extract stone from sling shot.

YEA ANYBODY COULD AV DONE BETTER WITH A SLING BUT SADLY ALL THE ISRAELI TOP WARRIORS WERE SCARED OF DOING BETTER - BUT DAVID DID!

SO GIVE HIM HIS CREDIT!

DAVID IS A HERO! TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT - YOUR OPINION DOESN'T COUNT. PERIOD!
Re: The Real Story Of David And Goliath That Nobody Tells You by neutrotoba(m): 10:30pm On May 28, 2017
Are you kidding me? David was a kid.... He tried Saul's armor on but had to drop it cuz it was weighing him down

You claim all armies have slingers, you forgot to add 'trained'

David was no trained slinger.

Leave us and let's praise our God now, is it your praise?

1 Like

Re: The Real Story Of David And Goliath That Nobody Tells You by Sebastine1994(m): 10:40pm On May 28, 2017
First, David's sling is a devastating weapon. It's one of the most feared weapons in the ancient world. The stone that comes from his sling has the stopping power equivalent to a bullet from a .45 caliber pistol. It's a serious weapon. And second, there are many medical experts who believe that Goliath was suffering from acromegaly, which causes you to grow. Many giants have acromegaly, but it has a side effect which is, it causes restrictive sight. Goliath in the biblical story does, if you look closely, sound like a guy who can't see. So here we have a big, lumbering guy weighed down with armor, who can't see much more than a few feet in front of his face, up against a kid running at him with a devastating weapon and a rock traveling with the stopping power of a .45 caliber handgun. That's not a story of an underdog and a favorite. David has a ton of advantages in that battle, they're just not obvious. That's what gets the book rolling is this notion that we need to do a better job of looking at what an advantage is. How have you seen storie
Re: The Real Story Of David And Goliath That Nobody Tells You by Sebastine1994(m): 10:46pm On May 28, 2017
neutrotoba:
Are you kidding me? David was a kid.... He tried Saul's armor on but had to drop it cuz it was weighing him down

You claim all armies have slingers, you forgot to add 'trained'

David was no trained slinger.

Leave us and let's praise our God now, is it your praise?

remember that the sling is his weapon of choice to protect his sheep and he uses it daily. Practice makes perfect. He is perfect with the sling. He could aim at the hair on your head at a distance of 200 meters without missing. Equivalent of a Morden day marksman.
Re: The Real Story Of David And Goliath That Nobody Tells You by neutrotoba(m): 10:50pm On May 28, 2017
Sebastine1994:

remember that the sling is his weapon of choice to protect his sheep and he uses it daily. Practice makes perfect. He is perfect with the sling. He could aim at the hair on your head at a distance of 200 meters without missing. Equivalent of a Morden day marksman.

So the soldiers that were scared didn't have weapons of their choice right? That he was killing lions at such a young age in itself was not ordinary, He was a Man after God's own heart.

After Jesus, David was the most important person to God, and putting into consideration that Jesus is not human, we can safely say David was the most important human to God
Re: The Real Story Of David And Goliath That Nobody Tells You by Sebastine1994(m): 10:58pm On May 28, 2017
neutrotoba:

So the soldiers that were scared didn't have weapons of their choice right? That he was killing lions ant such a young age in itself was not ordinary, He was a Man after God's own heart.

After Jesus, David was the most important person to God, and putting into consideration that Jesus is not human, we can safely say David was the most important human to God

the soldiers were expecting a battle at close range. Which is a sensible fear. Goliath can only see things close to him. David decide to use a sling which is an unconventional weapon. How did God come into it
Re: The Real Story Of David And Goliath That Nobody Tells You by neutrotoba(m): 11:10pm On May 28, 2017
Sebastine1994:

the soldiers were expecting a battle at close range. Which is a sensible fear. Goliath can only see things close to him. David decide to use a sling which is an unconventional weapon. How did God come into it

You know what I'm not about to do? I'm not about to convince you.

I'm about to sleep.. Stick with your beliefs
Re: The Real Story Of David And Goliath That Nobody Tells You by cjfbn: 12:51am On May 29, 2017
Nice response. Stick to your beliefs.
Re: The Real Story Of David And Goliath That Nobody Tells You by AceRoyal: 2:23am On May 30, 2017
"It's never about the dog in the fight but the fight in the dog" tongue

(1) (Reply)

Patient Dog Eats The Fattest Bone. How True? / Is Atheism On The Decline? / Could The Rapture Take Place In 2019?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.