Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,829 members, 7,872,781 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:45 PM

We Are Raising The Bar: Amosun Promise To Commission More Bridges And Flyovers I - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Raising The Bar: Amosun Promise To Commission More Bridges And Flyovers I (361 Views)

My People Need Basic Amenities And Not Flyovers - Aminu Tambuwal / 3 Flyovers Governor Amosun Is Building At Alagbole-Akute-Ijoko (PHOTO) / Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Raising The Bar: Amosun Promise To Commission More Bridges And Flyovers I by enny66(m): 9:51pm On May 29, 2017
Ogun State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun has faulted critics of his administration’s focus on construction of bridges and flyovers in Ogun state infrastructural development agenda.

https://naijmobile.com/amosun-promise-bridges-and-flyovers-ogun-soon/

Amosun, who spoke with reporters during a tour of projects to mark 2017 Democracy Day and his 6th years in office, said the bridges and flyovers were for the good of the coming generations.

He said his administration was planning its finances well to ensure the completion of all ongoing projects by 2019.

The governor also disclosed that four flyovers, among the projects across the state, will be ready for inauguration in the next two months.

Amosun, who inspected road projects in Abeokuta, Ayetoro, Imeko-Afon, Ilara, Eggua, Oja-Odan, Ilaro, Sango-Ijoko, Ojodu, Sagamu, Ilishan, Ago-Iwoye, Ijebu-Igbo and Ijebu-Ode, said they would boost economic activities of the state when completed.
He explained that paucity of funds was responsible for delay in some of the projects but noted that contractors were now back on site to fast-track timely construction.

The governor vowed not to be deterred by criticisms against his administration’s investment in infrastructural development.

He said, “I heard some people saying why is he doing all these bridges? They don’t know that we are looking beyond now, we are looking even to the next 50 years, I don’t know of anybody in the next 100 years after what we’re doing.

There have been administration upon administration, yes I thank God for what they did, indeed we still use some of the roads they did. We ply the Ijoun axis, Chief Segun Osoba did about 10 kilometres there and that is part of 110 kilometres we are doing.

“We are raising the bar. People that will come after us will raise the bar. We are planing our finance so that we will be in a position to complete all our projects. What we want to do from now till when we will have our election to say bye bye to Ogun State, no stopping.”
https://naijmobile.com/amosun-promise-bridges-and-flyovers-ogun-soon/

Re: We Are Raising The Bar: Amosun Promise To Commission More Bridges And Flyovers I by cowardafonja: 9:53pm On May 29, 2017
ok
Re: We Are Raising The Bar: Amosun Promise To Commission More Bridges And Flyovers I by TheStronghold: 10:13pm On May 29, 2017
One thing is certain, ogun is moving. 2 years ago they weren't 2nd in IGR. Now they're number 2 right behind Lagos. DAWN must be working.
Re: We Are Raising The Bar: Amosun Promise To Commission More Bridges And Flyovers I by uglyafonja: 10:23pm On May 29, 2017
picture speaks louder than voice.....
OP....kindly do the needful

(1) (Reply)

Biafra Day! Osinabajo Shall Be Held Responsible If Any Igbo Man Is Killed – Ohan / Should Economic Sabotage Attract Death Penalty? / Saraki Signing The Warehouse Receipts Act & National Sports Commission Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.