Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,912 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:34 AM

Youth Service In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Youth Service In Nigeria (1228 Views)

NYSC: National Youth. Service Jigawa Batch B 2015 / All You Need To Know About The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) / Are N.O.U.N Graduates Allowed To Serve In The National Youth Service Corp??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Youth Service In Nigeria by anaekwe(m): 11:19pm On Jan 30, 2007
Hi fellow members of the nairaland forum. I write this piece just to register my dissatisfaction with the way the National Youth Service programme is carried out in our country Nigeria.
           Please can someone out there tell me why an "eligible" graduate will have to sit at home for months, sorry I mean years before he/she is called upon to fulfil this obligation as a citizen. This is unfair as it renders most graduates redundant and you and I know that the Idleness can lead to so many things one of which is decline in productivity. This I must say reduces the trained manpower which the government needs to pursue its policy of industrialisation.
           If they know that the youth service can not be as it was in its inception during GOWON'S regime why not scrap it and introduce something better.
           This is one of the reasons why most Nigerians travel out to work and study further after graduation.Please something really has to be done.
            Everyday, we keep hearing that the Government is calling on prominent Nigerians abroad to come and invest in the country. Believe me, most of them were frustrated out of the country by the Government.
            I don't even know the criteria they use in calling up graduates for the Compulsory obligation. However, I strongly think that it should be reviewed to make life better for the country's future.
            Thanks and I sign out now.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Start A Nur/pry School In Lagos / Anyone With The Information Of Unad Direct Entry Form / Unilag Cutoff And List Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.