Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,728 members, 7,933,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 05:24 PM

What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? (3063 Views)

Interprete Your Username / Why Did You Choose Your Username? / Need More Twitter Followers? Drop Your Username And I'd Be Glad To Follow You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by Blow(m): 10:45am On Mar 09, 2007
Blow - Someone who responds with a punch in an argument.
Blow - From b-job (you don't need the meaning if you are a minor).
Blow - Someone who plays or blow wind instruments.
Blow - Someone who often blows nose
Blow - Someone who cool others down

Hmmm ! so this nickname has so many connotations
I like the last meaning sha
Anyway what is in a name?
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by NiteAngel(m): 11:57pm On Mar 11, 2007
Blow,
I bet there's a lot in a name, try going by "Anini" or "Judas" or "Jaguda" and you'd see how well people will relate to you.

ThiefOfHearts,
Thanks for letting us know Mr Mayor will win a council seat if he signs on.

Do you mind giving us insight into your username; after all Mr Mayor is willing to pay for his stolen heart
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by wormedup(m): 11:56am On Mar 13, 2007
@Nite Angel & Frankiriri,

Legit human beings do live in kirikiri.
it's a vicinity and the prison is located there.

meanwhile, i'm going to sit back and enjoy nite angel decipher my ID grin
bound to be fun cool
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by frankiriri(m): 8:56pm On Mar 13, 2007
wormedup:

@Nite Angel & Frankiriri,

Legit human beings do live in kirikiri.
it's a vicinity and the prison is located there.

meanwhile, i'm going to sit back and enjoy night angel decipher my ID grin
bound to be fun cool
Ma bad. I know that decent people live in Kirirkiri was just kidding. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by NiteAngel(m): 5:30am On Mar 14, 2007
Wormedup,
Sorry, about the Kirikiri stuff. Of course I know great people live there but tell me when you here Kirikiri or Mushin Olosa, what is the first thought that cross your mind?

I am not a professor in decoding usernames. We should bring up names we’ve come across and try to make meaning of it.

Wormedup is somewhat strange it may have been written backwards or scrambled but I could give some insight if I break it up to any of the following “wordup” “worm” “up” “warm” but in all these the worm double-faced (sly) definition is what just keeps rearing its head. Some refer to their penis as worm while others refer to their hair as worm. Some use it to refer to outcasts or uncircumcised folks while others use it in the sense of subtle, sluggish and/or pitiable. It is also used in the sense of being filled with gas hence needing some de-worming.

This is my attempt at making meaning of your username within the limits of my knowledge so simply lead us to the correct meaning.
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by NiteAngel(m): 5:32am On Mar 14, 2007
How could I have forgotten that wormed up could (and with all the encyclopedia on display) mean book-wormedup, acada campus; all books and no play,
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by frankiriri(m): 8:10pm On Mar 14, 2007
@ Niteangel
are u a psychologist or sumtin
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by NiteAngel(m): 3:59am On Mar 16, 2007
What do you think?
Ask question with double barrel question, isn't that a 9ja thing to do?
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by wormedup(m): 4:05pm On Mar 16, 2007
well, since u guys are into decoding, i noticed u can't help but connote meanings into almost any statement made here.

what's with the specially dedicated apologies
a 'thank you' would have done just fine; who needs the sorry ?

nice try nite angel, but u didn't get there tongue
while u bask in it what do u have to say about this " ThiefOfHearts" ? forget the literal display cool , do something with the "thief" part grin
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by mrmayor(m): 8:14pm On Mar 17, 2007
wormedup:

well, since u guys are into decoding, i noticed u can't help but connote meanings into almost any statement made here.

Typical Nigerian!!!!! shocked shocked shocked Always suspecting a[b] Hidden Agenda[/b]
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:36pm On Mar 17, 2007
wormedup:

while u bask in it what do u have to say about this " ThiefOfHearts" ? forget the literal display cool , do something with the "thief" part grin

Perhaps you'd like to elaborate however if that question was for Nite Angel, I would also like to know his answer then I'll reply with mine

Hey Mayor  smiley
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by frankiriri(m): 6:39am On Mar 19, 2007
Nite Angel:

What do you think?
Ask question with double barrel question, isn't that a Nigeria thing to do?

answer the question.
I am a NIgerian so I should act like one
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by wormedup(m): 8:08am On Mar 19, 2007
mrmayor:

Typical Nigerian!!!!! shocked shocked shocked Always suspecting a[b] Hidden Agenda[/b]

mrmayor, what do u expect.
i've been living on "agege bread" since i started off with solids! grin

there's was more obvious than mine though. cool

@TOH,
yes, it was meant for Nite Angel.
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by frankiriri(m): 8:14am On Mar 19, 2007
wormedup:

mrmayor, what do u expect.
i've been living on "agege bread" since i started off with solids! grin

there's was more obvious than mine though. cool

@TOH,
yes, it was meant for Nite Angel.

grin grin grin
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by frankiriri(m): 7:08am On Mar 20, 2007
;d ;d ;d
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by busygirl(f): 12:17am On Mar 21, 2007
Out of Busola came busy', i luv gettin busy
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by lalaboi(m): 12:21am On Mar 21, 2007
hmmm!!! philo sooophi!

well i dnt av philosofi na physics and chemistry i get behind my name!

well u all knw lala! and u all knw boi!
bad minds
jus 4lo dis names

my name is femi----femo---femola---femolala----lala---lalaboi!
and nt janja mahn! se ti gbo?
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by monshege: 1:52am On Mar 21, 2007
wormedup:

while you are at it Nite angel, you mind trying to decipher the meaning and reason for my own screen name. I may not even remember why i chose it
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by NiteAngel(m): 1:49am On Apr 07, 2007
Oops! I guess I got more than I asked for. Okay lets start with ThiefOfHearts.

Literally she steals people's hearts, do a lot of show off only to give you the 6-inch nail. If we move away from the literal or immediate translation, we could take about the game known as Thief. But even as a game we see someone who is playing pranks, being witty etc all to get you to lose. There's also a 1984 film by Don Simpson and Jerry Bruckheimer known as Thief of Hearts; I'll try to watch to really get the flow but the plot brif says its about a woman who got bored with her marriage and began a worthwhile affair. There's also a book by Katherine Stone with that title. Her user name could be from either the film or book.

If its from either the film or book then she probably loves literary works and that supports the fact that she's intelligent enough to play games with the minds of silly unassuming men.

End of story, ThiefOfHearts, what's your take on this? Wormedup, if my version aint right throw some light on your username and the name of others we have discussed.
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by NiteAngel(m): 2:07am On Apr 07, 2007
Monshege.

Your name comes across as man shege from man Segun from Mr Segun. The mon part could be from local yoruba dailaect or could be an interest in French (mon). It could also be shege as in hausa exclamation. I'm not privy to your tribe but it could be mon-se-shege.

Its a username that's not immediately apparent. Please throw some light on it and bring up other interesting usernames you come across.

Gals and guys; this is not just about me; you could give me the hard job of breaking the ice but we all need to contribute, that way we can keep it flowing, thanks for the interesting discussion so far.
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by NiteAngel(m): 2:15am On Apr 07, 2007
Yeah, busygirl is easy. But you coud be busy at something or busy at nothing grin

Don't mind me. So what other interesting usernames would you like us to encode or decode?

Lalaboi.

Your username has a lot of sensual bad mind to it; but since you gave the history I'm wondering why you get hailed, femi-femo-femola-femolala-lala-lalaboi, hailing of such length usually connotes escapades.
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by monshege: 3:54am On Apr 07, 2007
nite angel,
thanks for your input. you are doing good by your interpretation of the usernames, for mine, you were way off but thats aiight, cos even "moi" dont know the meaning behind it
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by NiteAngel(m): 10:09pm On Apr 08, 2007
Now I have a problem with that, Monshege.

If you don't know the right answer, saying someone is wrong becomes an assumption. You'll need to crack your head to figure out what your username is all about otherwise it becomes a borrowed (or stolen) identity. Oh maybe you simply don't want to share it.
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by monshege: 4:08pm On Apr 09, 2007
Nite Angel:

Now I have a problem with that, Monshege.

If you don't know the right answer, saying someone is wrong becomes an assumption. You'll need to crack your head to figure out what your username is all about otherwise it becomes a borrowed (or stolen) identity. Oh maybe you simply don't want to share it.

i think i will settle for "borrowed identity" but then again, what in this world is not borrowed. always loved the name ever since i heard it, i will let yu know the concept behind it later
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by Hugoboi(m): 4:15pm On Apr 09, 2007
hmmm
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by NiteAngel(m): 12:26am On Apr 10, 2007
Monshege,
I'll be waiting; I spat on the floor, if it dries up before your response that means it's stolen identity. Anyway, I understand when you say everything is borrowed:

Grammar - na borrow, pidgin - na original of borrowed. We throway tribal marks come borrow tattoo, we trash pako (chewing stick) come borrow toothbrush/toothpaste, we condemn laali come adopt nail paint so tay some people throway dem name carry ori olori follow body.

I understand but that's not all we are all about, ghana must go na original; Louis Vuitton sef adopt am. Ikoko onirin na original, nothing cooks jollof better. Molue na original, u no fit see am anywhere else. Isale Eko na original; the communal life is worth researching. Idumota, Aba market, oyingbo; everyday brings new thrills. Our hospitality is original even if area boy go ask for egunje dem go still help you push your car.

I'm waiting.

Welcome Hugoboi. Are you all about Hugo (borrowed identity) or their's more to your name?
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by monshege: 3:49am On Apr 10, 2007
Nite Angel:

Monshege,
I'll be waiting; I spat on the floor, if it dries up before your response that means it's stolen identity. Anyway, I understand when you say everything is borrowed:

Grammar - na borrow, pidgin - na original of borrowed. We throway tribal marks come borrow tattoo, we trash pako (chewing stick) come borrow toothbrush/toothpaste, we condemn laali come adopt nail paint so tay some people throway them name carry ori olori follow body.

I understand but that's not all we are all about, ghana must go na original; Louis Vuitton sef adopt am. Ikoko onirin na original, nothing cooks jollof better. Molue na original, u no fit see am anywhere else. Isale Eko na original; the communal life is worth researching. Idumota, Aba market, oyingbo; everyday brings new thrills. Our hospitality is original even if area boy go ask for egunje them go still help you push your car.

I'm waiting.

Welcome Hugoboi. Are you all about Hugo (borrowed identity) or their's more to your name?

lol, thats quite funny. i sure hope your spit hasnt dried on the ground yet else, will happen to me. reminds me of the threats i used to hear as a kid, especially when an adult in the village sends you on an errand and need you to be quick about it. this your game of name finding seems interesting, i might just join you in the parade, when you get a tough one, holler at moi so i can help in the research process. as for the name, the story behind it is quite unusual and unique because it is way out of any suggestion most people can come up with, but for the sake of time and propriety, we shall settle for it having a combination of naija vs french roots
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by NiteAngel(m): 6:07pm On Apr 10, 2007
Thanks Monshege, so I pass small. Abeg don't wait until I land a tough one, suggest some usernames and everyone who stops by can try to decode at some point we could invite (by fire or by force) the owner of the username to do justice to it.

Thanks for your contribution.

Hugoboi where are you? Are you all about Hugo (borrowed identity) or there's more to your name?

Everyone what's your position on ThiefOfHearts, Lalaboi, Hugoboi, Wormedup?

ThiefOfHearts, we are still waiting for your version.
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by mrmayor(m): 11:57pm On Apr 11, 2007
So far I think I have the koolest name on this thread,in second place Niteangel and my girl Theifofhearts.TOH,I'm still waiting for my heart to be stolen by you,infact I'll pay for it wink grin grin
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by monshege: 6:55am On Apr 12, 2007
mrmayor:

So far I think I have the koolest name on this thread,in second place Niteangel and my girl Theifofhearts.TOH,I'm still waiting for my heart to be stolen by you,infact I'll pay for it wink grin grin

good for yu
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by NiteAngel(m): 2:02am On Apr 15, 2007
Monshege, are you patronizing me? smiley

Good try, now lets go over your assignment.
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by monshege: 12:28am On Apr 16, 2007
Nite Angel:

Monshege, are you patronizing me? smiley

no comprende (Je ne comprend pas)

Nite Angel:

Good try, now lets go over your assignment.

what was my assignment again? don't punish me for not turning it in cheesy just remind me

(1) (2) (3)

Bon Anniversaire Firestar / Our First Giveaway Is Happening Today, Sunday 20-03-2022; Be The Lucky Winner! / Niwi International - Earn Up To $10,000 Monthly - For Serious Minds Only.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.