Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,250 members, 7,880,928 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:24 AM

That Scary Night. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / That Scary Night. (764 Views)

15 Strange And Scary Facts About Death You Probably Didn't Know / No One Ever Went Upstairs—A Scary Story From The Be Scared Blog / The Scary Beauty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

That Scary Night. by Nnemaranma(f): 5:40pm On May 30, 2017
There was total darkness and a heavy downpour as I was returning from a friend's birthday party on Sunday night. Since it was dark and I was already drenched to the skin; I need not find a place to take cover but stood at the roadside waiting for a cab. After waiting for sometime, there was no sign of any vehicle and due to the several scary stories I've heard about the road; I decided to trek to the nearest junction which was always busy. Though it was quite far, I had no other option. The road was very lonely and scary.

After I had walked for about 25 minutes, a car pulled up close to me. Due to the darkness, I didn't care much about seeing the driver's face. I never thought of asking the direction he/she was going due to my desperate desire to get off the scary road. I just hopped into the car immediately.

The car was just moving slowly and I was wondering why. Few minutes later, a car drove past our's and with the light, I saw that no one was sitting on the driver's seat though the car was still in motion. I was overwhelmed because I haven't seen or heard of such before. Just then, I recalled the scary stories I had heard of that road and how ghosts operate there at night. As all those thoughts were running through my mind, another car drove past us again and that time, I almost fainted. I saw a hand controlling the steering wheel through the side window. I wanted to scream but the voice was not there. My heart was beating so fast and loud and I felt goose bumps all over my body. I couldn't even open my eyes. The most scary part of it was that at a point, the car started moving around or so I thought.

When I regained myself a bit, I opened the door and fell off. I stood up almost immediately and took to my heels without looking back. Fortunately enough for me, it was almost the junction; atleast it wasn't dark because of the light from the junction.

On getting to the junction, I comported myself, walked into a fast food, sat down and ordered for a soft drink almost immediately just to steady my nerves. I was sipping the drink and thinking of what would have happened to me when two handsome guys, dressed in muddy clothes walked in and sat close to me. They were waiting for their order when one looked closely at me and said to the other "See that girl wey enter our car when we dey push am".

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: That Scary Night. by FengChui(m): 4:32pm On Jun 10, 2017
Nnemaranma:
There was total darkness and a heavy downpour as I was returning from a friend's birthday party on Sunday night. Since it was dark and I was already drenched to the skin; I need not find a place to take cover but stood at the roadside waiting for a cab. After waiting for sometime, there was no sign of any vehicle and due to the several scary stories I've heard about the road; I decided to trek to the nearest junction which was always busy. Though it was quite far, I had no other option. The road was very lonely and scary.

After I had walked for about 25 minutes, a car pulled up close to me. Due to the darkness, I didn't care much about seeing the driver's face. I never thought of asking the direction he/she was going due to my desperate desire to get off the scary road. I just hopped into the car immediately.

The car was just moving slowly and I was wondering why. Few minutes later, a car drove past our's and with the light, I saw that no one was sitting on the driver's seat though the car was still in motion. I was overwhelmed because I haven't seen or heard of such before. Just then, I recalled the scary stories I had heard of that road and how ghosts operate there at night. As all those thoughts were running through my mind, another car drove past us again and that time, I almost fainted. I saw a hand controlling the steering wheel through the side window. I wanted to scream but the voice was not there. My heart was beating so fast and loud and I felt goose bumps all over my body. I couldn't even open my eyes. The most scary part of it was that at a point, the car started moving around or so I thought.

When I regained myself a bit, I opened the door and fell off. I stood up almost immediately and took to my heels without looking back. Fortunately enough for me, it was almost the junction; atleast it wasn't dark because of the light from the junction.

On getting to the junction, I comported myself, walked into a fast food, sat down and ordered for a soft drink almost immediately just to steady my nerves. I was sipping the drink and thinking of what would have happened to me when two handsome guys, dressed in muddy clothes walked in and sat close to me. They were waiting for their order when one looked closely at me and said to the other "See that girl wey enter our car when we dey push am".

As them come talk, wetin u do?
Re: That Scary Night. by Nnemaranma(f): 7:44pm On Jun 10, 2017
FengChui:

As them come talk, wetin u do?
You should know the feeling... wink

1 Like

Re: That Scary Night. by FengChui(m): 11:15pm On Jun 12, 2017
Nnemaranma:

You should know the feeling... wink

Na to stone one of them the bottle of beer wey dey my front. The other one go gbaze.
Re: That Scary Night. by Ayemileto(m): 11:30pm On Jun 12, 2017
lol. do ghosts exist?

(1) (Reply)

The Night Love Died (A short story) / MAAMI A Storyline Fiction / Supernatural

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.