Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,726 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:31 AM

A Note On Atheism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Note On Atheism (408 Views)

Going To Church With A Note, How Useful Is The Message Notes To You After? / My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Note On Atheism by Ribajae(m): 9:34pm On May 30, 2017
Don’t get me mistaken, I’m not one of those critical fanatics that try to attack every aspect of atheism either on evolution or whatever. I don’t even know half of the big bang theorem talk less of tearing it apart. But from my Nigerian eyes I just observe some things.
Of course most of the reasonable atheists I know are what I call “omo butter”. Believe me some atheists might have hustled in life but in complete exposure to the Nigerian environment, I beg to argue. I currently saw a seun’s topic asking if magic, witches and stuff about supernatural are true. Well you should know his stand now, but a post that plainly told him that he should go to a particular area in Ondo (which I know being a student of Futa) and find out was what caught my attention.
As a Nigerian youth that had quite a rough life I have witnessed firsthand some ‘crazy’ things. Let me just gist u small.
When I was growing up, my aunty was jazzed by her husband, he practically bewitched her to marry him being a poor lazy idiot. Our family just kept shouting at her asking her what she saw in him, but nah, she just went on. It was only when my Mom (who was a powerful influential woman) intervened when we discovered a fully red scary calabash with white stuff under my aunt’s bed. It was broken and then was when she confessed all the guy did for her, how he made her walk in the middle of the night with ‘ebo’ and all (this was a woman who can shout, abuse fire and a typical no-nonsense woman).
In my Jss2, I was crushing on a girl more than ant sef. It was not until when a particular day wey my eyes clear. A particular ‘pastor teacher’ directly accused her of being possessed of a marine spirit. Well I just swallowed hard thinking it was just a normal abuse until when I stayed back with the man and girl when it was fellowship time, and lo and whatever sha, the man started shouting ‘demon come out’, I guess he wanted me to witness it. I was so afraid as the girl was gyrating on the floor like 240 volts was being passed through her continuously, then she fell into a deep sleep…. I was like, she na jazz be dis!!!
I don’t intend to give you guys more cos it would look like I’m just forming it believe me its real. It is so easy for American people to doubt everything supernatural when the closest strangest things they see is harry potter ‘experiamusing’ people on TV.
When someone has been so exposed to things like that and still doubt the existence of a ‘God’ he is just a ‘circumstantial atheist’. I.e he believes there is no governing supernatural body because of how his life has turned out. Just like most agberos on the street, they wouldn’t tell you there is a God, but they would slap you if you tell them baba ifa is just wasting his time mixing concoction in his shrine. If you doubt me just go ask your successful ‘G’ or yahoo boy why he does his ‘science or level’. I’m not going to say more that, those that understand, understand.
Religion has many numerous faults being that the church and its ways were orchestrated by man who is very prone to faults and mistakes, But closing your eye to the truth of things is so annoying. Hell, my life has not been smooth at all but being there something not physical is quite enough for me to acknowledge a body. I just watched a video yesterday where a chronic atheist proved and acknowledged the existence of Jesus in the past but hell, I’m not going towards that angle.
The boring speech is getting long, so let me just ‘cut it from it's genesis grin’. Seeing is believing, so let a master theoretical atheist so thorough in his explanation just try to sell it to me, I’ll shrug it off the next second, unless you try to explain it to me if all I have witnessed were mere projections on a white board. I know I haven’t spoken much about God but, I have to start from somewhere, at least if there is a devil, there must be a God. So if you still want to see more ‘activity’, come and meet baba kunle in my area, the stuff he will show you in a day is just enough.
Till I post again.

1 Like

Re: A Note On Atheism by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 9:41pm On May 30, 2017
Atheists are originally Christians who dont have good enough clothes to wear to church. GBAM

2 Likes

Re: A Note On Atheism by Nobody: 10:06pm On May 30, 2017
Brother,
This is an interesting post....in the manner that you're approaching atheism.
If I'm correct, you're questioning why they don't believe when even supernatural existence (via "juju", a form of witchcraft, is so readily practiced in Nigeria...moreso all of Africa).
Hmm.....you are correct in saying that Americans don't really believe in witchcraft.
It's been sensationalized and reduced to fiction so tremendously that Americans have been "dumbed down" & wouldn't recognize it in reality.
I'm an African-American who has struggled with the belief....since I joined NL. I didn't realize how deep the thing is.
But clearly it exists....in some forms.
Practically, it would need to exist to represent "balance" or (good vs. evil).
If one believes in God, then one should believe in the enemy.
But if one believes in neither, then.....well....
Anyhow, I ran across a Black American pastor online who stated how we, Americans, really don't understand about the demonic realm like other countries like Nigeria....and other continents like Asia & India. He visited Nigeria a few times and came back with some powerful stories about situations that he witnessed....
Sorry for so long a post....and not to derail the thread or give credence to a defeated enemy...
But I found what you said interesting....
Re: A Note On Atheism by flames007(m): 10:09pm On May 30, 2017
There is a God.But that God cannot be God unless he expresses himself through us.In essence,we ourselves are gods.The only problem is our inability to reach deep down within ourselves to reach the god within us.
Moses performed some signs and people wondered.pharaoh's magician did exactly the same thing.was it that they served the same God? Hell NO. They just had an understanding of an higher consciousness working through them.while Moses served the 'living' God,the magician served a different god.They were essentially serving god.GOD IS IN EVERYONE OF US.that's my point. It takes serious perseverance,dedication and sacrifice(which many can't bear).only a few ever activate the god in them,that's why it seems as if GOD IS DEAD.
Re: A Note On Atheism by Ribajae(m): 10:11pm On May 30, 2017
MZLady39:
Brother,
This is an interesting post....in the manner that you're approaching atheism.
If I'm correct, you're questioning why they don't believe when even supernatural existence (via "juju", a form of witchcraft, is so readily practiced in Nigeria...moreso all of Africa).
Hmm.....you are correct in saying that Americans don't really believe in witchcraft.
It's been sensationalized and reduced to fiction so tremendously that Americans have been "dumbed down" & wouldn't recognize it in reality.
I'm an African-American who has struggled with the belief....since I joined NL. I didn't realize how deep the thing is.
But clearly it exists.
Practically, it would need to exist to represent "balance" or (good vs. evil).
If one believes in God, then one should believe in the enemy.
But if one believes in neither, then.....well....
Anyhow, I ran across a Black American pastor online who stated how we, Americans, really don't understand about the demonic realm like other countries like Nigeria....and other continents like Asia & India. He visited Nigeria a few times and came back with some powerful stories about situations that he witnessed....
Sorry for so long a post....and not to derail the thread or give credence to a defeated enemy...
But I found what you said interesting....
thanks...

1 Like

Re: A Note On Atheism by Icosahedron(m): 10:46pm On May 30, 2017
What ineffable twaddle.

(1) (Reply)

Becoming A Wonder / It's Never A Sin For Female To Wear Trousers / True Or Not:do Children Really See The Unseen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.