Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,871 members, 7,969,638 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 11:26 AM

Can You Accept N15,000/month With A 2.1 Degree? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can You Accept N15,000/month With A 2.1 Degree? (7591 Views)

Orlean Invest West Africa Recruiting Graduate Trainee( 2.1 Degree Required) / Can You Accept N15,000/month With A 2.1 Degree? Discussion Continues! / 2.1 Degree In Accounting Yet No Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Accept N15,000/month With A 2.1 Degree? by aieromon(m): 2:54pm On Jan 18, 2010
Nah,take it only if you can mix it with some business or something.
Jeez,that's a lousy pay undecided
Re: Can You Accept N15,000/month With A 2.1 Degree? by newdeal(m): 2:57pm On Jan 18, 2010
?
Re: Can You Accept N15,000/month With A 2.1 Degree? by honsule(m): 3:01pm On Jan 18, 2010
@poster.ur beginning might be small,but ur later end shall be great.It is not how u start that matters,it is how u finished.Go for the Job,that is just  a stepping stone to a higher place in life.All the best wink wink wink
Re: Can You Accept N15,000/month With A 2.1 Degree? by honsule(m): 3:04pm On Jan 18, 2010
hafees:

Again if you can organise home lessons for kids/family friends you will end more than that, school go use u so tay u will have cancer of the throat and brain. some schools even lock teachers and student inside the compound so no going out until 2pm.

I no fit laugh.Cancer of the throat and brain. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Can You Accept N15,000/month With A 2.1 Degree? by honsule(m): 3:07pm On Jan 18, 2010
melesky:

Though i had a 2.2 i started out with a job that pays 15k but today i thank god for it, after just 18months i have a job that pays 120k, based on the experience i got from the 15k job. from a graduate traniee to a manager.

Just be focused and pray that God blesses the work of your hand.

KlinBoy:

I started with UAC on N5,000 without computer experience. left and joined a publishing firm for 15,000 (where i learnt my computer skills). Now I'm with KPMG on a N170,000 per month. the best is get the job, read-up free materials, do free cources online (UNITAR courses) and add them to your CV. Once you get a better job, do your masters and move up.

beneezy:

The degree has nothing to do with the success
Mine is a Third Class but my salary is N150,000 not with my universisty certificate that i spent 5yrs but just a computer program as simple as autoCAD that i learnt on my own in barely 5months.
You degree is good. But i will recommend u mix it with faith and and position yourself for opportunity.
Am waiting for you at destination SUCCESS

wonderful xperience.am encouraged
Re: Can You Accept N15,000/month With A 2.1 Degree? by honsule(m): 3:09pm On Jan 18, 2010
neonet:

Bros, the first job that i got they started me with N19,550.Since then, i have worked with 3 firms and right now i am earning 200k plus.my advice to you is keep on struggling and never give up.

That is the word."Never give up".If u don't give up u will definitely go up
Re: Can You Accept N15,000/month With A 2.1 Degree? by seyenko(m): 3:12pm On Jan 18, 2010
if you are less than 24 years old i WILL get you a job, i am conducting test this Wednesday for under 24s with 2.1
Re: Can You Accept N15,000/month With A 2.1 Degree? by rapstar: 3:15pm On Jan 18, 2010
my guy, is not only you that is in such situation , jt try an understand the work notting will ever make you not to rise in future, is al abt time, patience and endourance.
Re: Can You Accept N15,000/month With A 2.1 Degree? by Aks(m): 3:23pm On Jan 18, 2010
I agree totally with Hafees comment. Human beings are easily contempted and the lackadaisical attitude of staying put on the job might ensue moreso teaching job especially in a private school takes one time . Pls take this job only on a short-time basis and pursue your dream till the end otherwise i'll advise you engage yourself on a small scale business for the time being.
Re: Can You Accept N15,000/month With A 2.1 Degree? by folly24: 3:27pm On Jan 18, 2010
This is half infor ----what is yr discipline ?----- religion studies, marketing or what?
Re: Can You Accept N15,000/month With A 2.1 Degree? by ibabalol: 3:32pm On Jan 18, 2010
take the job only on this condition

after work or while on the job you will have enough time to go out to put in applications at another place, attend interviews etc.

my point, dont take up the job if it will require you to be there from 9am to 5pm every weekday

you should be able to have some free weekdays you can use to search for something better
Re: Can You Accept N15,000/month With A 2.1 Degree? by vislabraye(m): 3:37pm On Jan 18, 2010
Well, if you want to go in to teaching career, you could just endure the salary.

I have similar experience with you. I graduated with a BSC in mathematics and i saw an advert to teach a secondary school. After the guy tested me and found out that i was competent, he gave me the job with a salary of 12,000 naira per month. I could have taken it but they had a lot of clauses besides it. I was to take nine classes. mathematics, physics and further maths for all the senior classes, I was discouraged. First of all, i didn't want teaching as a career, but just wanted to while away time.

Yours might be different, but just think about the best choice to make. You should be dropping your CV in good establishments. 2 1 is a very good grade. Cheers
Re: Can You Accept N15,000/month With A 2.1 Degree? by alimat2(f): 3:59pm On Jan 18, 2010
KlinBoy:

I started with UAC on N5,000 without computer experience. left and joined a publishing firm for 15,000 (where i learnt my computer skills). Now I'm with KPMG on a N170,000 per month. the best is get the job, read-up free materials, do free cources online (UNITAR courses) and add them to your CV. Once you get a better job, do your masters and move up.

@klinBoy
Pls how can one apply for the online free courses?
Re: Can You Accept N15,000/month With A 2.1 Degree? by smasher1(m): 4:00pm On Jan 18, 2010
I work in a private school in Warri here and have a 2.1. Most people here earn between 20-60k a month. But most make over a 100k a month and You are free to go out and look for job. I would say I look @ the prospect of earning a 100k a month private teaching. With this banking jobs dont interest me. Besides I close early, walking distance from home have holidays and dont really work on weekends. I would only prefer to work in an oil company outside here.
Re: Can You Accept N15,000/month With A 2.1 Degree? by thematrix2(m): 4:17pm On Jan 18, 2010
hafees, Thank you for your advise.

I already took the job, then as I was teaching, I developed
my skills and perfected my web design knowledge, put it
into action and created information products that I market
on the web.
Re: Can You Accept N15,000/month With A 2.1 Degree? by JERRYMAG4(m): 4:22pm On Jan 18, 2010
Quickly grab the opportunity to progress in life.
Short story: I have a friend that graduated in 2005 but could not secure a job.
In 2007, she was forced to drop her HND and use ND to work as a contract staff in first bank., though she kept applying. After 3 yrs of using ND, on 28th December, 2009, she got an offer from Central bank of Nigeria (CBN) as a senior supervisor. She will present her resignation letter tomorrow at First Bank and will resume training with CBN next week
I also have similar story but lets keep that for another time.
[color=#990000][/color]
So its a stepping stone
Re: Can You Accept N15,000/month With A 2.1 Degree? by tushbobo(m): 4:36pm On Jan 18, 2010
Its better to be on motion thatn to be stagnant.Just leaving your home everyday will open you to more information and the experience will also count no matter how little.I started with a job of 30k but earn over 200k presently due to experience and other factors.If u wait for a big job,u might just be wasting precious time.
Re: Can You Accept N15,000/month With A 2.1 Degree? by BOLLIEE: 4:42pm On Jan 18, 2010
Kindly accept the job and make yourself happy with it remember a ladder to the top does not climb form the top but from down to the top also put your heart desire in the front of the LORD
Re: Can You Accept N15,000/month With A 2.1 Degree? by savaben: 4:43pm On Jan 18, 2010
it is beeter than none!TAKE THE JOB and do not stop applying for others! PLEASE any one with info on online free traning or certified courses.
Re: Can You Accept N15,000/month With A 2.1 Degree? by lexicon(m): 4:57pm On Jan 18, 2010
thematrix2:

hafees, Thank you for your advise.

I already took the job, then as I was teaching, I developed
my skills and perfected my web design knowledge, put it
into action and created information products that I market
on the web.

Are u fooling us or what ? all dis btw yesterday and today ?
Re: Can You Accept N15,000/month With A 2.1 Degree? by suedoh2006(m): 4:57pm On Jan 18, 2010
Don't take the Job, Sit @ home, watch TV, drink garri and do some gbeborun and see how miserable life is without a Job even if is no paying well.
Re: Can You Accept N15,000/month With A 2.1 Degree? by jaybee3(m): 5:00pm On Jan 18, 2010
If i live at home,
and it's close to my house,
and it's less stressful than the norm,
and i have no other option,
and it's my FIRST job,
then YES
IF not, then hell NO.
Re: Can You Accept N15,000/month With A 2.1 Degree? by boyt1: 5:10pm On Jan 18, 2010
please Bros take the job remain focused in prayers and dedication on your job no matter how little. i was in your shoes just 7 years back. Today, i command 380K a month profit with 6 employees on my pay roll. to God be the Glory
Re: Can You Accept N15,000/month With A 2.1 Degree? by onlykach: 5:24pm On Jan 18, 2010
my broda accept the job because yours is betta i got a job as a graduate and was paid 5k a month

Take the job mate!!!
Re: Can You Accept N15,000/month With A 2.1 Degree? by Jarus(m): 5:27pm On Jan 18, 2010
I'll advise you take it. Enough experiences narrated here already.
Re: Can You Accept N15,000/month With A 2.1 Degree? by hafees: 5:34pm On Jan 18, 2010
Seun please take this post off, it is just free ad for his site. NIGERIANS
Re: Can You Accept N15,000/month With A 2.1 Degree? by Marven: 5:45pm On Jan 18, 2010
Did you graduate to be a teacher, did you chose the course you read by youself, is teaching your profession? I thought why different persons chose different courses is because different person have different tallent and different likens. If you become a teacher, is it going to help you build your career in the area of your interest or are your changing your career? But wait ooh! what is career? I graduated as a computer scientist and i love  to do networking but had no job in the networking firm but i have to wait with my faith strong to do something of my interest not even the money i will earn per month. Finally i god one in december and now a staff in ICT company. Initially, I had opportunity to work as a marketer in an insurance company but rejected it. It is not what I wanted, I would not be happy doing it. So have faith and work hard to get what you want. It is not imposible neither is it not obtainable.
Re: Can You Accept N15,000/month With A 2.1 Degree? by temiiii(m): 5:54pm On Jan 18, 2010
15,000 naira. uhmnnnn. honestly it's very hard. not with the kind of value i've added to myself while in skool. all i will tell u is to take it but dt shd never be ur limit in life. keep serving God and trusting him. Him alone has the key to greatness in life. cheers
Re: Can You Accept N15,000/month With A 2.1 Degree? by KlinBoy: 6:28pm On Jan 18, 2010
@hafees

I wonder why most Nigerians term everything as scam. Someone on teh portal asked about teh free online UNITAR course and I gave the link, hafees here says Seun should delete the link and the Seun (whoever that is) actually went ahead to delete the link. Cant you first of all google it. Its is a free course being run by the United Nations Institue for Training and Research (UNITAR).
Hafees, the www is not just for you to share jokes and run people down. I know people that developed themselves with teh help of teh internet. Can you grow up.

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept N15,000/month With A 2.1 Degree? by spikedcylinder: 6:33pm On Jan 18, 2010
This is so wrong. Why is the OP taking people on a merry go round just to advertise his site? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Can You Accept N15,000/month With A 2.1 Degree? by airzzee(m): 6:42pm On Jan 18, 2010
Mine may differ from others.

However, you need to consider the following circumstances:

1. Where do u stay - on your own?
2. Do u have somebody (like your parents) sustaining you for now?
3. How old are you?
4. How long have u looked for work; i.e after graduation? (Note: 2 years is average in Nigeria)
5. Are u under some kind of pressure?
6. Mayb, u live in the city, where transportation will take up almost the whole salary?

Also note that starting with such paltry amount may:

1. Distract you from getting a better job
2. Make relatives feel you re working & start mounting more pressure for money
3. You may not have much time to look for what u deserve and step up
4. Make you become complacent & see yourself settling for that meagre job/pay all your life

When I finished from Uni, I was offered a lecturing job in my university, among other jobs. I rejected them b/c I had my focus and knew what i wanted. I waited for my passion for more months and I got it. I chose it out of passion and hunger for it. I have been in this job for the past 10 years, and still running. It pays me both in body and spirit.

You can do the same, if you can consider all the circumstances. You may use the time available to upgrade yourself.

Think again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Job Recruitment (15 Openings) / Nigerian Paramilitary Recruitment 2016 / Jumia Training.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.