Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,753 members, 7,875,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:45 AM

Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra (10879 Views)

Oil Price Collapses To $11 Per Barrel Amid Covid-19 Pandemic / The Nigeria Vs Biafra Story In Pictures; 1967 - 2017 - Pic / This CNN 1968 Documentary About Nigeria VS Biafra War Will Shock You [VIDEO] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by tutudesz: 1:21am On Jun 02, 2017
ahaika23:
Don't digress, be real, true and factual. Is Edwin Clark not a politician? Are politicians as we have it today not about personal gains or interest? Are you aware that Ojukwu with great wisdom made the North and West sign the Aburi Accord, to enable us control our resources which was later renegaded by General Gowon? Do you know it was because of that that the civil war was fought? What then are you saying that the Igbos did against us? In all your hating the Igbos, what have we achieved?

You are a slave IF you accept to be!
Are aware why Boro fought against Biafra? Or Ojukwu insult to the South south people by saying we will always remain a minority whether in Nigeria or Biafra? Are you aware of the treatment the Niger Delta people faced in the old Eastern region government, which made Boro to declare the Niger Delta Republic? Why did IYC issue a statements about Biafra? Plz go back and ask your elders about your history.
Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by tutudesz: 1:29am On Jun 02, 2017
Ekinematics:

That dude makes me weep for him whenever I see his post. An Abuan defending biafra. This is the worst joker I've seen in 2017.
He is a disgrace to the Ijaw and the south south people!
Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by Agumbankembu: 1:54am On Jun 02, 2017
tutudesz:

Are aware why Boro fought against Biafra? Or Ojukwu insult to the South south people by saying we will always remain a minority whether in Nigeria or Biafra? Are you aware of the treatment the Niger Delta people faced in the old Eastern region government, which made Boro to declare the Niger Delta Republic? Why did IYC issue a statements about Biafra? Plz go back and ask your elders about your history.

brother pls get me a link to where Ojukwu said this, or a video recording, because when Frank Opigo chose the name Biafra at the 2 days meeting of ECA, Eastern Nigeria was divided into 11 regions, and your people were the Mayors of your regions, and absolute control was given to 11 regions.
You don't like Ojukwu fine, no biggy, but you don't have to lie about it, I am indifferent about Adaka myself, but i respect him for being rebellious, I an Igbo man, my history taught me that i have always been rebellious if i feel my rights are trampled.

I don't know how u will cry of being treated badly, Michael Okpara built PH, continued to build and maintain Calabar, had Enugu, Aba, Owerri and Uyo, and development was cut across all these cities, during his time, Calabar and Portharcourt seaport were working well, some of these cities were there before the white men handed over.

Go and read the "The Politics of Oil in the Niger Delta", written by one of your brothers.

Oil was discovered in Nigeria in 1956 at Oloibiri in the Niger Delta after half a century of exploration. The discovery was made by Shell-BP, at the time the sole concessionaire. Nigeria joined the ranks of oil producers in 1958 when its first oil field came on stream producing 5,100 bpd.

At that time too the British just like today were controlling all the oil activities, hell was let lose when Ojukwu said it was time for them to start paying royalties to the owners of the oil, mind you oil production wasn't as huge as it is today.
Accept it, the british changed support to Nigeria when Ojukwu said oil wells have to be handed to the regional govts, unlike what was obtainable when they paid all the royalties to the central govt.

4 Likes

Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by Zhirinovsky: 4:30am On Jun 02, 2017
Mehn, your reasoning and bitterness is something else.Though I have not seen any Igbo here insult Sir. Edwin Clark, don't you see those same Igbos here insult Rochas Okorocha(okoroawusa) T.A Orji etc?
Because they are greedy politicians that care less of you and I but you are reading tribalism into it
it.
If ijaws think that Nigeria is better for them, fine. We don't want any group to start creating problems for Biafra. It's a free world brother.I don't like seeing people say that Biafrans are forcing them against their will.
tutudesz:

go through yourself! Did they not insult Chief ek Clark?

2 Likes

Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by ahaika23: 6:35am On Jun 02, 2017
tutudesz:

I am very aware of my history. Adaka Boro fought the Nigerian government and declared Niger Delta Republic in 1966. The then government of Ironsi fought him and arrested him. He was tried and sentenced to death but out of pity was imprisoned instead. This is the same Boro who became Student president in UNN with the Igbos voting and backing him.

Do you know why Boro fought Biafra and Ojukwu, it is because Gowon pardoned him of his treason charges, recruited him into the special forces and deceived him by making him believe the Igbos would treat us like second class citizens within Biafra. And what happened after, Bori was assassinated by the same Nigerian forces.

Do you know what Ojukwu achieved at the Aburi Accord meeting? Resource control for the people that own the resources. Do you know why Biafra was declared? Because Gowon realized the implication only after signing and agree that oil producing communities would be the custodian of her resources and pay taxes to the central government, a reality he could not come to terms with then he backed out from the agreement he already signed.

It's a pity Boro allowed himself to be used by the North and killed and you are here blaming Ojukwu, tufia!

The earlier we wake up from the lies fed to our fathers by the deception of Boro and his forces, the better it would be for us.

5 Likes

Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by hucienda: 6:41am On Jun 02, 2017
Been long a time we've had an educative thread here with lots of intellectual discussions on this board - without the tribal slurs that has engulfed nairaland.

Long may it continue. Thumbs up, OP.

2 Likes

Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by nduchucks: 7:11am On Jun 02, 2017
@OP, Ahaika23, given the history of your initiated threads, as depicted in your profile , one would have to conclude that you are an IPOB youth.

I am unconvinced that you are from the "Niger Delta" area. I hope you can prove that you are.

BTW: your write-up is too idealistic to have any immediate practical effect. The status quo will remain with us for some time.

I do agree with you that only non-violent resistance may solve Nigeria's problems. When we are ready to occupy NASS and state houses of assembly by the millions, not minding to die in the act, changes will come. Until then, the struggle suffering continues.
Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by ahaika23: 7:38am On Jun 02, 2017
nduchucks:
@OP, Ahaika23, given the history of your initiated threads, as depicted in your profile , one would have to conclude that you are an IPOB youth.

I am unconvinced that you are from the "Niger Delta" area. I hope you can prove that you are.

BTW: your write-up is too idealistic to have any immediate practical effect. The status quo will remain with us for some time.

I do agree with you that only non-violent resistance may solve Nigeria's problems. When we are ready to occupy NASS and state houses of assembly by the millions, not minding to die in the act, changes will come. Until then, the struggle suffering continues.

Lol, I don't have to prove anything. If you're from Abua and read through my discourse here you wouldn't doubt my origin because I made a comment here that only an Abuan with village roots will know about.

2 Likes

Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by nduchucks: 7:46am On Jun 02, 2017
ahaika23:

Lol, I don't have to prove anything. If you're from Abua and read through my discourse here you wouldn't doubt my origin because I made a comment here that only an Abuan with village roots will know about.

Ok, let's make believe that you are from the area.

This non violent resistance you alluded to is attractive. Would you happen to have any thoughts on how to make your views effective outside of NL? Are you OK with letting your write-up remain as an ineffective cyber babble?

On a different note, stop the obsession with our dear President Buhari as depicted in your historical topics.
Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by ahaika23: 7:52am On Jun 02, 2017
nduchucks:

Ok, let's make believe that you are from the area.

This non violent resistance you alluded to is attractive. Would you happen to have any thoughts on how to make your views effective outside of NL? Are you OK with letting your write-up remain as an ineffective cyber babble?

On a different note, stop the obsession with our dear President Buhari as depicted in your historical topics.

I'm open to suggestions! We learn everyday.
Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by nduchucks: 7:58am On Jun 02, 2017
ahaika23:

I'm open to suggestions! We learn everyday.

For starters, how about organizing folks to occupy your local government offices to demand accountability from your leaders.

If you and others who share the same views can't successfully organize such an event, I'm afraid you may have accepted the status quo. Talk is cheap, as they say.

I await your own ideas.
Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by ahaika23: 8:03am On Jun 02, 2017
nduchucks:

For starters, how about organizing folks to occupy your local government offices to demand accountability from your leaders.

If you and others who share the same views can't successfully organize such an event, I'm afraid you may have accepted the status quo. Talk is cheap, as they say.

I await your own ideas.

I and folks from Bayelsa, Delta and my state are already into something. You know finance is very very important.
Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by nduchucks: 8:08am On Jun 02, 2017
ahaika23:

I and folks from Bayelsa, Delta and my state are already into something. You know finance is very very important.

Try courage and determination first. You will also need bravery like that of Nnamdi. Finances have a way of finding those traits.

Good luck.
Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by ahaika23: 8:10am On Jun 02, 2017
Over 3k people have read part or all of this thread. I believe both ND and Igbos alike are ong the readers. My idea is that as knowledge is shared here, thought processes would change. My goal is about debunking the lies that have beclouded some of us over many decades now.

3 Likes

Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by tutudesz: 8:33am On Jun 02, 2017
ahaika23:

I am very aware of my history. Adaka Boro fought the Nigerian government and declared Niger Delta Republic in 1966. The then government of Ironsi fought him and arrested him. He was tried and sentenced to death but out of pity was imprisoned instead. This is the same Boro who became Student president in UNN with the Igbos voting and backing him.

Do you know why Boro fought Biafra and Ojukwu, it is because Gowon pardoned him of his treason charges, recruited him into the special forces and deceived him by making him believe the Igbos would treat us like second class citizens within Biafra. And what happened after, Bori was assassinated by the same Nigerian forces.

Do you know what Ojukwu achieved at the Aburi Accord meeting? Resource control for the people that own the resources. Do you know why Biafra was declared? Because Gowon realized the implication only after signing and agree that oil producing communities would be the custodian of her resources and pay taxes to the central government, a reality he could not come to terms with then he backed out from the agreement he already signed.

It's a pity Boro allowed himself to be used by the North and killed and you are here blaming Ojukwu, tufia!

The earlier we wake up from the lies fed to our fathers by the deception of Boro and his forces, the better it would be for us.

Its a pity that you are allowing yourself to be used as a tool for Biafra! Do you think in your wildest dream that Ijaws and others will ever have a say in Biafra? Do you think they will ever allow the Niger delta control their resources, when the Biafra house of assembly will be dominated by the Igbo's? Do you think the Senate president and speaker will ever leave the hands of the Igbo's? The Igbo's will always be elected president in Biafra and other tribe be the vice-president. So wake up to the reality of Biafra!
Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by ahaika23: 8:42am On Jun 02, 2017
tutudesz:

Its a pity that you are allowing yourself to be used as a tool for Biafra! Do you think in your wildest dream that Ijaws and others will ever have a say in Biafra? Do you think they will ever allow the Niger delta control their resources, when the Biafra house of assembly will be dominated by the Igbo's? Do you think the Senate president and speaker will ever leave the hands of the Igbo's? The Igbo's will always be elected president in Biafra and other tribe be the vice-president. So wake up to the reality of Biafra!

I'm not aware that Biafra constitution has already been promulgated and ratified. I must have been sleeping. How on earth will you fight against a course that you will be given the opportunity to choose your destiny through a round table discussion? You see the problem I have with some of my people? How do we reason my God?!

3 Likes

Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by newhyt: 10:23am On Jun 02, 2017
k

2 Likes

Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by Agumbankembu: 10:26am On Jun 02, 2017
tutudesz:

Pls can I post you something to read?
Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by tutudesz: 10:28am On Jun 02, 2017
Agumbankembu:

Pls can I post you something to read?
Yes why not!
Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by Agumbankembu: 10:36am On Jun 02, 2017
tutudesz:

Yes why not!

Pls before I continue, what is money called in ur local dialect? Or wider Ijaw tongue?
Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by newhyt: 10:51am On Jun 02, 2017
okay
Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by Agumbankembu: 10:52am On Jun 02, 2017
newhyt:

The idiott afonja will be battle with Google right now for the meaning. grin

Relax bro
Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by tutudesz: 10:53am On Jun 02, 2017
Agumbankembu:

Pls before I continue, what is money called in ur local dialect? Or wider Ijaw tongue?
If you want to send something send it!
Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by newhyt: 10:57am On Jun 02, 2017
k
Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by GrandGarcon: 11:02am On Jun 02, 2017
tutudesz:

Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by GrandGarcon: 11:02am On Jun 02, 2017
tutudesz:

Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by Agumbankembu: 11:07am On Jun 02, 2017
tutudesz:

No offense, I want to use it as one of the points I am making.
Like EONA is the proposed currency, and EONA is comprised of initials of translations of money in 4 indigenous languages of proposed Biafra.

That is why I asked, if you don't mind, you can answer me, we are trying to be open minded here.
Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by GrandGarcon: 11:07am On Jun 02, 2017
tutudesz:

He is a disgrace to the Ijaw and the south south people!
which one is south south south south and more south people. Who are they? And which geographical cardinal point is that? Afonja Logic level= AWESOME.
Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by ahaika23: 11:18am On Jun 02, 2017
GrandGarcon:
which one is south south south south and more south people. Who are they? And which geographical cardinal point is that? Afonja Logic level= AWESOME.

Leave the man bro, if you read up you will find where I asked if he was the Deity of Niger Delta people. My people have to change and get an open heart towards the Igbos because all the ill information they grew up with are all false as I have proven to be.

3 Likes

Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by Diademk07: 11:52am On Jun 02, 2017
newhyt:

The idiott afonja will be battle with Google right now for the meaning. grin

Better don't start what you can't finish by mentioning Afonja here.

Eediot as yourself should be questioning the Op who's as Ibo as Akpu! The moment he started mentioning Okrika and Bonny as igboid communities or when he started to champion Ibo comrades more than the tribes he claimed to be already shows who he's.

Afonjas hardly deny their tribe though. I won't trade mine for anything in this world!
Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by ahaika23: 12:19pm On Jun 02, 2017
Diademk07:

Better don't start what you can't finish by mentioning Afonja here.

Eediot as yourself should be questioning the Op who's as Ibo as Akpu! The moment he started mentioning Okrika and Bonny as igboid communities or when he started to champion Ibo comrades more than the tribes he claimed to be already shows who he's.

Afonjas hardly deny their tribe though. I won't trade mine for anything in this world!

@ekinematics from his contributions is an Abuan and he also can deduce from my contributions so far that I'm Abuan. There are things peculiar to us that we can relate to perfectly. That said, if you're not aware Banny and Okrika speak similar languages not far from Igbo then you should have learnt something new today
Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by Diademk07: 12:37pm On Jun 02, 2017
ahaika23:

@ekinematics from his contributions is an Abuan and he also can deduce from my contributions so far that I'm Abuan. There are things peculiar to us that we can relate to perfectly. That said, if you're not aware Banny and Okrika speak similar languages not far from Igbo then you should have learnt something new today

They don't speak ibo! Bonny has ibo as second language, that's just it. As an Ijaw, you should know it.

You're only deluding yourself and others though because going through your comment, I realised you aint Ijaw. Not my business though because I have no problem with your folks trying to align with the SS but what I won't tolerate is one eediot shouting afonja up and down here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Insecurity: Give PDP Another Chance In 2023 – Saraki To Nigerians / LAWMA Reopens Olusosun Landfill For Operations / Total Number Of Eligible Voters In Each State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.