Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,028 members, 7,970,148 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 09:47 PM

Donpuzo's Site For Review - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Donpuzo's Site For Review (644 Views)

Submit Your Website Url For Review, And Get Good Backlinks And Traffic / Post Your .com Website Here For Review, Traffic And Follow / POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Donpuzo's Site For Review by Nobody: 2:32am On Jan 18, 2010
Hello everyone, and web guru's up in the house, i need honest review of my site, i have been building, as i need to correct some shits that be in it or aren't nice about it. And add more functionality

It's www.marknollis.com

Thanks

Donpuzo
Re: Donpuzo's Site For Review by yawatide(f): 4:09am On Jan 18, 2010
1) I fill out the "sign up" module at the bottom of the page with "d" and "d (for password)".  I get a page that says the username/password doesn't exist, which is fine and fair but I am wondering why it is doing this on a white page, as opposed to a page that is similar to the preceding page.   In other words, there is global inconsistency, with respect to layout.

2) Seriously, you need to get rid of the "bookmark" alert box.  The days of using alert boxes to wow the customer are over  angry
Re: Donpuzo's Site For Review by Nobody: 5:55am On Jan 18, 2010
All respect Yawa, will sort both out.

As for the signup, as in serverside validation, you mean, in a white page, na laziness cause am ni ohhh.

But i will sort it out, as it is very essential.

So, is the design work ok? and any cross browser conflicts?

Thanks.
Re: Donpuzo's Site For Review by DualCore1: 6:43am On Jan 18, 2010
The "Member Area" image is off the site.

Everything seems to be going down well until you get to the signup and that other animation on the left. IMHO they off the site too.
Re: Donpuzo's Site For Review by Nobody: 7:08am On Jan 18, 2010
Sir, which page, and on the signup page, that stuff is intact here, what browser do u use?
Re: Donpuzo's Site For Review by DualCore1: 7:23am On Jan 18, 2010
I'm on about your homepage

Donpuzo:

what browser do u use?
All the serious browsers.

Re: Donpuzo's Site For Review by Afam(m): 10:54am On Jan 18, 2010
yawa-ti-de:

In other words, there is[b] global consistency[/b], with respect to layout.

Global inconsistency you mean?
Re: Donpuzo's Site For Review by yawatide(f): 10:58am On Jan 18, 2010
Afam:
Yeah, i meant to say "inconsistency". Thanks for catching this. I will correct that after this post smiley

Donpozu:
I decided last year not to so much focus on layouts with respect to design as I came to the self-conclusion that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I have left that for the client to comment on. So now, I focus more on functionality which is at the core of a website, even if it is a 5-page website.
Re: Donpuzo's Site For Review by yankitwizy(m): 6:03pm On Jan 18, 2010
I have not taken a hard look at the site but I noticed the following
1. Your favicon does not look like anything I can see on your site. The colour of the icon is red while the site is green and white.
2. In the login area, you have "Forget Password" instead of Forgot Password
3. Am wondering why the Welcome Note i.e. Welcome to Marknollis Written on Friday, October 30, 2009:- 9:07 pm by (Mark Donpuzo) has the date and time it was written. Won't the welcome note always be there?
4. I could hardly read this "Not a member? Sign UP today for free." in the login form
5. The quick links take you out of your site. It should be. You should set target to blank for them so that they can open in a new tab or window. Don't ya think so?
6. Just like some have pointed out, I think there is colour riot in your font colours.

More later
Re: Donpuzo's Site For Review by Nobody: 12:01am On Jan 19, 2010
@Yakitswizy Thanks, i have sorted out point 2 and 4, as for the imagicon, will sort it out asap, actually did guess so too, as at after a finished it, but was too busy on functionalities,

As for point 5, na lazines cause am, you can see, in the about, i used the target blank tag character to makee it open i a new tab or window, so i do know the character, but the issue was cause of i had other issues to face, than changing all the links that linked to other sites, but since i am just in the review stage, i will start adding that asap, cause by next week, will be much busy on Java Coding,

As for the color riot, i really can't figure a point in that.

@Dual, i still don't get your point, i checked it out, i thoght u meant it flew off my site to like nairaland, but saw it was intact like i wanted it, when i coded it, was already angry, that i am a dumb ass in css, but saw it was just like my thought when designing, Pls Yawa, can you pls check up on your browser, cause i use 3 browsers and none has such!!

@ Yawa, I appreciate your comment and also ur view point, it's true, layout lies with the beholder, but functionality is more than essential,as it is what the site is mean to be about, that was why i was battling with issues like validation, and autoresponders, and all other things that will make my site interactive and comply a biit with web 2.0 standard.

Thanks all!!! And a big thanks to dual assistance with some codes!!!

(1) (Reply)

Moderator Wanted / For Web Design / Download 195 Complete Adsense Websites With Full Content And Adsense Ready

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.